• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | March 2016

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
So, I tallied up responses I've gotten so far. Two suggestions are miles ahead of everything else and then there's like 3-4 that are tied behind it.

And then there's a whole load of other stuff that people have suggested, 49 different franchises in total. See what I mean about scattergunned suggestions :p

Can you tell us at least some of the games? I'm really curious! XD

VertPin

Anyone know how I could use PlayStation Now to rent Demon's Souls on the Japanese PSN? I have my account set up. Just don't know how to setup the Japanese PSNOW.

Can you tell us at least some of the games? I'm really curious! XD

Votes are rolling in like crazy from reddit at the moment, oddly. Hasn't changed the two top though.

I was hesitant just to see if anyone else wants to give their thoughts (don't want to influence), but they still can after this I suppose. GTA Trilogy (III/VC/SA) and Stardew Valley are both tied at the top. Below that, Star Wars KOTOR and XCOM tied.

Votes are rolling in like crazy from reddit at the moment, oddly. Hasn't changed the two top though.

I was hesitant just to see if anyone else wants to give their thoughts (don't want to influence), but they still can after this I suppose. GTA Trilogy (III/VC/SA) and Stardew Valley are both tied at the top. Below that, Star Wars KOTOR and XCOM tied.

Funny how these things go sometimes; I don't want a single one of those games. :/

RK128

Funny how these things go sometimes; I don't want a single one of those games. :/

When people have a chance to express their voice, they take advantage of it :D.

What game would you want on the Vita? I know I'm content with all the stuff coming out but I would be open to a few Sonic ports landing on the system......it really lacks some major Sonic games outside of Racing Transformed and three PSP games (Rivals 1 & 2 and Sega Genesis Collection).

Clive

The only thing I don't want is games already playable on a portable like Star Ocean 2.

What I would prefer is games not playable in English at all like Tales of Innocence R or Phantasy Star Nova. Having stuff portably is nice but actual new stuff is better and these two games are probably lost forever if the Vita dies without them localized.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

What game would you want on the Vita? I know I'm content with all the stuff coming out but I would be open to a few Sonic ports landing on the system......it really lacks some major Sonic games outside of Racing Transformed and three PSP games (Rivals 1 & 2 and Sega Genesis Collection).

The only one of those that sold even halfway decently was the Sega Genesis Collection. That's why. Pretty sure Racing Transformed is the worst selling version of that game by far.

RK128

The only one of those that sold even halfway decently was the Sega Genesis Collection. That's why. Pretty sure Racing Transformed is the worst selling version of that game by far.

Sonic games sold like crap on Sony Handhelds :(? Damn........

Glad I got around to finally getting my 2DS if I want portable Sonic but still, such a same that the power of the Vita hasn't had a chance to power a great new Sonic game or a few Sonic ports (Adventure, Heroes, Adventure 2, Colors, ect).

You win some, you lose some I guess.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Other fun facts about the two Sonic Rivals games.

Developed primarily by Backbone, you know, the company that stinks at emulation.
Nether one was released in Japan!
Both did make the Greatest Hits selection, but for PSP games that only means it sold around 250k.

What games would you like? Haven't counted anything for you yet :)

I haven't voted as I know I'm likely not in the mainstream when it comes to wants (especially after those results), and even when I venture into the area my wants are less likely than the ones stated here.

I suppose if I had to choose a "bigger" (read: mainstream) game I'd like a Skate game or an NHL game, but I severely doubt either of those are even possible as EA pretty much ignores the Vita.

A "Souls" game would be nice as well, but again - I severely doubt From Software are going to dip their hand in the Vita cookie jar even with some prodding.

So yeah, anything I want isn't going to be what the mainstream wants - and isn't likely to come to fruition even if it is. :/

I haven't voted as I know I'm likely not in the mainstream when it comes to wants (especially after those results), and even when I venture into the area my wants are less likely than the ones stated here.

I suppose if I had to choose a "bigger" (read: mainstream) game I'd like a Skate game or an NHL game, but I severely doubt either of those are even possible as EA pretty much ignores the Vita.

A "Souls" game would be nice as well, but again - I severely doubt From Software are going to dip their hand in the Vita cookie jar even with some prodding.

So yeah, anything I want isn't going to be what the mainstream wants - and isn't likely to come to fruition even if it is. :/

It's always nice to hear another fan's thoughts. That's what has made this whole experiment interesting for me actually - there is a HELL of a lot of variety in what people want on Vita.

For the stuff you listed, a 'Souls' game is currently joint 6th on the list (I counted any votes for Demon's or Dark Souls together).

Benedict

Swindle indeed, they are selling the game The Swindle on the Vita store for 69 sek, but only 41.20 sek on the PC PSN store.
Be wary and don't buy it on the Vita. Buy it for Vita on the PC PSN store

Chuy

I'm not surprised honestly that those are the lead games but what I am curious though on what are the most popular localization requests so far? I'm going to assume it's the usual suspects.

I'm not surprised honestly that those are the lead games but what I am curious though on what are the most popular localization requests so far? I'm going to assume it's the usual suspects.

Haven't been many really. Phantasy Star Nova is winning by some way.

yaffi

It's not Exstetra, that's for sure.

Shizuka

We got to a point where everything is fair game and companies are handling lots of games we'd never expect years ago. If I had to pick mine, it'd be all SciADV games (Steins;Gate 0, Chaos;Head Noah, Chaos;Child, Robotics;Note).

We got to a point where everything is fair game and companies are handling lots of games we'd never expect years ago. If I had to pick mine, it'd be all SciADV games (Steins;Gate 0, Chaos;Head Noah, Chaos;Child, Robotics;Note).

Yeah. I'd have voted for some things like these myself, but I honestly feel like they don't need Gio to get involved - if they're going to come, the localization houses will pick them up themselves. The list we're left with are the real "they're not coming" localizations which people voted for (Phantasy Star; Tales; Valkyria 3 lol)

But Valkyria Chronicles 3 is a PSP game.

Yeah, if we're opening up PSP games that'd need remastering AND localizing to Vita then there's a whole host of other stuff that opens up.

If Valkyria 3 comes, I don't think it'll be on Vita though :p

(Still, people voted for it, so I counted it!)

Feedback is drying up now, so I'm gonna finish counting everything and think about what I'm gonna do with this data. I have absolutely no idea if anything can be achieved or even if people will engage if it's not a game they particularly want, but it can't hurt to try something.

Shizuka

Yeah, if we're opening up PSP games that'd need remastering AND localizing to Vita then there's a whole host of other stuff that opens up.

If Valkyria 3 comes, I don't think it'll be on Vita though :p

(Still, people voted for it, so I counted it!)

Feedback is drying up now, so I'm gonna finish counting everything and think about what I'm gonna do with this data. I have absolutely no idea if anything can be achieved or even if people will engage if it's not a game they particularly want, but it can't hurt to try something.

I have my own personal issues with people that constantly ask for localizations when games like Valkyria Chronicles 3 have already been fantranslated and are spotless. I'd ask for Fate/Extra CCC, but I know cj_iwakura is already translating it.

Takao

Banned
I don't think you need to beg too much for Stardew. The only way I see that skipping Vita is if Microsoft snatches it or it becomes a Starbound-esque "This game will never be half-way finished" project.

It would be cool if it gets released in Japan
so it gets new portraits.
Spike Chunsoft published Hometown Story and they're the usual western indie pub over there, so it's possible.

Shizuka

I don't think you need to beg too much for Stardew. The only way I see that skipping Vita is if Microsoft snatches it or it becomes a Starbound-esque "This game will never be half-way finished" project.

It would be cool if it gets released in Japan
so it gets new portraits.
Spike Chunsoft published Hometown Story and they're the usual western indie pub over there, so it's possible.

Do you think Stardew is really likely for a Vita port?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Stardew desperately needs new portraits. Luckily people started working on them right as the game launched.

It could easily be a Vita game, though I think it'd do better on 3DS/NX for obvious reasons.

Takao

Banned
Do you think Stardew is really likely for a Vita port?

Yes. The game's becoming really popular and as PlayStation lacks both Story of Seasons and Harvest Moon (the last one was Hero of Leaf Valley on PSP in 2009), I can see it being something Sony's indie team goes after. They already have a relationship with the game's publisher and Blitworks has ported XNA games to PS4/PSV. It would be a good candidate for Cross-Save support too.

Yes. The game's becoming really popular and as PlayStation lacks both Story of Seasons and Harvest Moon (the last one was Hero of Leaf Valley on PSP in 2009), I can see it being something Sony's indie team goes after. They already have a relationship with the game's publisher and Blitworks has ported XNA games to PS4/PSV. It would be a good candidate for Cross-Save support too.

I do agree with this, I think it'll just take time to negotiate with the dev, he's only recently released on Steam so likely has other things to worry about at the moment.

There's a tweet from Gio recently saying it's been requested a lot already, too. I'll be bringing that up when I propose my list of games to tweet him about.

VLiberty

j0KLRXb.jpg

Oh god this is amazing.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Sorry i didn't want the vote to be influenced, but i have to admit i'm totally ok with those choices, especially Kotor and XCOM, i don't get stardew valley though, you specifically asked for bigger games because we are already getting good indies and as takao said i'm pretty sure that sooner or later we'll get it.

The thing I'm missing the most on Vita is a Diablo clone.
Dragon's Crown doesn't scratch that itch
That too.

As far as I know it doesn't have the most important aspect of these games, randomized loot and customization.
Exactly, as i always say don't expect a diablo clone or a survival horror, it's a unique game, many people hated it just because had the wrong expectations(and for some reasson because it's called silent hill).

RK128

Seems like SE is pretty much done with the Vita (RIP SaGa); Setsuna is getting a digital ps4 and pc release.

Like I said in that thread, its there loss. Bamco will be getting my money for their Vita RPG's (Digimon, God Eater, SAO) instead then.

Saphirax

Like I said in that thread, its there loss. Bamco will be getting my money for their Vita RPG's (Digimon, God Eater, SAO) instead then.

I'll be getting the ps4 version regardless, but still :/...
Shame it's digital only. The JP boxart is lovely.

incpdo

What are the most underrated Vita games for you guys?
For me is shinobido 2, even when glitchy and somewhat repetitive is a lot of fun and ninja politics add to that fun, plus is an exclusive tenchu like game from the creators of the original tenchu series. Even when the game seems to be a cheap ass game , it has lots of details and things to do, I might be one of the only people that had spend over 30hs in this game having fun with the different items to massacre the enemies. So yeah seeing blumaxima's video about shinobido 2 actually made me remember about the awesomeness of this title and how underrated it is.

Prelude.

Jumping to conclusions is vitagaf's favorite sport.

A unity game that didn't perform well on Vita isn't localized -> SaGa dead, World of FF Vita canceled, Uppers ported to 3DS, Xanadu on Steam, DQ Builders PS4 and NX

Ventara

Man, no Setsuna for Vita really hits hard. I don't know why, but it being already on Vita in Japan, I thought for sure we would get it when localized. Gotta hope for an Asian release. If not, will buy on Steam when 75% off.

yaffi

A unity game that didn't perform well on Vita isn't localized -> SaGa dead, World of FF Vita canceled, Uppers ported to 3DS, Xanadu on Steam, DQ Builders PS4 and NX

One of these is a possibility!

18-Volt

I'd buy Uppers 3DS or Builders for NX in heartbeat. All I want is to play games on the go, I don't care about the platform frankly.

I just hope that FATE/EXTELLA is a Vita game ported to PS4 and not the other way around.

Kinda bummed that it's an action game, though. >___>

Edit: Screenshots make it look like a musou game. Hype kinda deflated.

danowat

Banned
Can anyone tell me why Gun Gal Double Panic is showing on the PS4 marketplace as released on 11th March, but not available to buy.

(UK PSN)

Top Bottom