• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | March 2016

RK128

Hello guys :).

Haven't been that active here, but will be active soon when I play more Vita stuff over spring break :D. Hope that we all have fun games to play and that we look forward to future releases. Personally excited for Axiom Verge and Skullgirls now that both were sent to Sony for approval :).

Lets have a great weekend and keep gaming on our Vitas :D!

Top of the Page: Play whatever game you want to play! So much stuff is out for the Vita lately that its hard to recommend one game :'). If you didn't get Digimon yet, give it a shot. It seems to be a very strong game! Will get it latter on :D (......gotta put funds toward testing/traveling :l).

Vashetti

Banned
Hey all, what's my Vita 3G worth? (In £s) It's obviously used but generally good condition.

I know it's probably sacrilege in here to ask about selling a Vita, and it's with a heavy heart I've decided to.

I've just realised I only pull it out every few months or so, play it for a day and then forget about it again.

There's no games upcoming for it that appeal to me, really. I've played every game I wanted to play on it. Tearaway I platinum'd, and now it has an improved PS4 version. Gravity Rush has been remastered.

FFX/X-2 I now have on PS4. I would describe myself as a "mainstream" Vita owner, I suppose. I'm not into the animé sort-of Japanese games that flourish on the system, nothing against them, they're just not for me.

All the indie games I can play better versions (performance, res, etc.) on PS4.

I have the original box, charger and a 64GB memory card to go with it too.

RK128

Hey all, what's my Vita 3G worth? (In £s) It's obviously used but generally good condition.

I know it's probably sacrilege in here to ask about selling a Vita, and it's with a heavy heart I've decided to.

I've just realised I only pull it out every few months or so, play it for a day and then forget about it again.

There's no games upcoming for it that appeal to me, really. I've played every game I wanted to play on it. Tearaway I platinum'd, and now it has an improved PS4 version. Gravity Rush has been remastered.

FFX/X-2 I now have on PS4. I would describe myself as a "mainstream" Vita owner, I suppose. I'm not into the animé sort-of Japanese games that flourish on the system, nothing against them, they're just not for me.

All the indie games I can play better versions (performance, res, etc.) on PS4.

I have the original box, charger and a 64GB memory card to go with it too.

The memory card alone is worth more then 50-60 bucks, so if you sell that alongside the Vita, you could walk away with over 150 if you sell smart.

I'm sorry you don't feel the need to keep your Vita, but hey, life happens and we have to move on from things sometimes :l. You gave the Vita a shot and now feel ready to pass it on to someone else; that is more then fine buddy :D.

Just make sure you sell it to someone you think you can trust and hope it goes well for you.

If you want Vita content in the future though, consider getting a PS TV for the exclusives not landing on PS4. They are really cheap now (30-40 bucks) and you can get a cheap 8-16GB memory card down the line with it. It also works with the Dual Shock 4, so you don't have to buy a controller.

autoduelist

Pixel Dungeon releases tomorrow.

I was so happy about this!

So it's pixel hunter any good?

But... yeah, it wasn't Pixel dungeon, it's something called Pixel Hunter that looks terrible.
Damn. I was so excited for an old school roguelike on vita.

-----------

Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault will show up on my doorstep in a couple days. I preordered this with almost no research, hope it's good. I found the price ($23) and name combination too good to refuse.

Vashetti

Banned
If you want Vita content in the future though, consider getting a PS TV for the exclusives not landing on PS4. They are really cheap now (30-40 bucks) and you can get a cheap 8-16GB memory card down the line with it. It also works with the Dual Shock 4, so you don't have to buy a controller.

I also have a PSTV with box and an 8GB memory card I want to sell too :p

RK128

I also have a PSTV with box and an 8GB memory card I want to sell too :p

Maybe you could make a Vita bundle deal or something then XD. I just feel that considering you own a PS TV, keep that and use it if you have the itch to play some Vita games :).

Vashetti

Banned
Maybe you could make a Vita bundle deal or something then XD. I just feel that considering you own a PS TV, keep that and use it if you have the itch to play some Vita games :).

That'd be a cool idea actually.

I honestly just feel quite apathetic toward the Vita nowadays, there's nothing left I want to play on it. I bought a PSP-3000 a few years ago and that was wasted money. Sony just don't support their handhelds well enough.

Top of the Page: Play whatever game you want to play! So much stuff is out for the Vita lately that its hard to recommend one game :'). If you didn't get Digimon yet, give it a shot. It seems to be a very strong game! Will get it latter on :D (......gotta put funds toward testing/traveling :l).

So, I'll bring up something that I hope can be a bit of a point of discussion to liven things up around here.

I've got a shit-tonne of games in my Vita backlog at the moment and I really need to start hacking down at it. I'm almost finished with Hyperdevotion Noire at the moment and despite my better judgment feel like diving into another meaty JRPG straight away although balancing it out with something lighter in the meantime. I'm okay on the 'lighter' game (loads of indies to get through) but I'm struggling to decide what to play next in JRPGs.

So, PS Network thread, which do you suggest out of these? The main ones I'm deciding between are:

- Ar no Surge Plus (played 10+ hours of the PS3 version already; have read Ciel summary)
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
- Trails of Cold Steel
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
- Tales of Hearts R

However, if anyone makes a really good case for one of the following, I will consider (though I'm not particularly in the mood for any of these games):

- Deception IV: Nightmare Princess
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
- HTOL#NIQ: The Firefly Diary
- Muramasa Rebirth
- Natural Doctrine
- Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy

P.S. Yes, I'm a serial buyer of Vita games. I have no shame, because they're mostly pre-orders that I do out of support (and I do intend to get around to them all eventually).

RK128

So, I'll bring up something that I hope can be a bit of a point of discussion to liven things up around here.

I've got a shit-tonne of games in my Vita backlog at the moment and I really need to start hacking down at it. I'm almost finished with Hyperdevotion Noire at the moment and despite my better judgment feel like diving into another meaty JRPG straight away although balancing it out with something lighter in the meantime. I'm okay on the 'lighter' game (loads of indies to get through) but I'm struggling to decide what to play next in JRPGs.

So, PS Network thread, which do you suggest out of these? The main ones I'm deciding between are:

- Ar no Surge Plus (played 10+ hours of the PS3 version already; have read Ciel summary)
- Trails of Cold Steel
- Tales of Hearts R

However, if anyone makes a really good case for one of the following, I will consider (though I'm not particularly in the mood for any of these games):

- Muramasa Rebirth
- Natural Doctrine

I can comment on Tales of Hearts R, Muramasa and Ar No Surge Plus.

Tales of Hearts R is a enjoyable action/RPG with a combat system remind me of Smash Brothers (but with some more depth), the characters are fun to follow with, and the visuals are solid (native res and colorful).

Ar No Surge Plus is a JRPG that can really suck you in if you get into the story. It looks nice on the Vita, the combat system is a blast and the story is quite in-depth. Its in my backlog to but pushing through it.

Muramasa is a great action game that looks great and has a strong soundtrack.

Powwa

- Trails of Cold Steel
- Tales of Hearts R

- Muramasa Rebirth
- Natural Doctrine

P.S. Yes, I'm a serial buyer of Vita games. I have no shame, because they're mostly pre-orders that I do out of support (and I do intend to get around to them all eventually).

Okay I'll comment on the ones I played.

Tales of Hearts R is fine if you like Tales games however I think the game overstays its welcome a bit. But combat is still fun with true Tales action.
Oreshika is gorgeous. It is somewhat grindy, so if you are not into that you may skip it.
I didn't enjoy Cold Steel even though I tried to like it, too slow for my tastes. Unlike Persona I didn't care about the cast so it became boring after a while.
I've recently started playing Digimon, it is awesome so far.
Muramasa:Rebirth is probably one of the best games on the system. That game is made with true love! Tight combat, music and graphics are stunning as well.
Natural Doctrine is okay if you like hardcore SRPGs. Difficulty spike is insane in it though, I had to give up on the last boss.
Played Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited for an online review back when it was out, didn't enjoy it much.

I've got a shit-tonne of games in my Vita backlog at the moment and I really need to start hacking down at it.

-snip-

Of all those I'd play Digimon first, and Muramasa Rebirth second. Digimon's an awesome turn-based RPG with an interesting (if not overly compelling) story, and Muramasa's a ridiculously beautiful action RPG with a cool set of bosses. Neither's perfect, but they're up there towards it on the scale of things.

Powwa

By the way does anyone know how to unlock the last 3 quests for the Sanctuarium in Soul Sacrifice Delta? I've finished all the main story quests but they are still not visible.

j0KLRXb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UApxbHSyT1o

Action Henk PS4 - Action Henk is a platformer racer. Not an autorunner. Very much like Joe Danger without the polish and content. Gameplay is solid. I made the video prematurely as it takes 25 levels to get to the swinging mechanic that makes it so much more fun. I recommend turning off the terrible music and rocking to some Spotify. Art and polish is terrible. Local multiplayer only. The game is a lot of fun but pricey for $15.

igsJvkG.jpg

Assault Android Cactus - Wow the polish on this twin stick shooter is amazing. The art and music is just amazing especially for an indie game. I like the gameplay but those difficulty spikes. I appreciate the unique energy mechanic that is always depleting but I am not sure I like it.

I played a bit of Broforce and it looks OK but too buggy and will wait for a patch if it every comes to play more.

This was a good batch of Choose Your PS+ Games. Much better than Grow Home and Armello which I didn't like.

Choose Your PS+ Games Ranking:
  1. Action Henk
  2. Assult Andriod Catcus
  3. Broforce

pariah164

- Trails of Cold Steel
- Tales of Hearts R

- Muramasa Rebirth
- Natural Doctrine

Commenting on a couple here that I've played enough:

- Trails of Cold Steel: If you are at all a fan of traditional JRPGs with decent storylines, great characters, and challenging gameplay, pick up this game. There's two sides to the game: the battle, and developing bonds with your classmates, which in turn, help you in battle. It better than it sounds, and it's a lengthy game to boot. Plus, the sequel comes out this fall, so that's something to keep in mind.

- Muramasa Rebirth: Do you like action games? Do you like gorgeous artwork? Do you like stories rife with Japanese folklore and traditional monsters? If so, get this game. I can while away a couple hours easy playing this game, and enjoy every moment. Be sure to pick up the complete collection, which nets you all the DLC.

- Trails of Cold Steel
- Tales of Hearts R

- Muramasa Rebirth
- Natural Doctrine

If you are like me, you stopped plaing this because you started playing something else, not because you didn't like the game. It might be tough to replay those 10 hours though.

I have only played 10-15 hours this far, but it seems really promising. This far it has felt a little slow though but I have played the story missions on hard and that makes each fight a little too long, so I'm planning on switching to normal (one convenient thing is that you can change difficulty whenever you want).

- Trails of Cold Steel

Im playing Trails in the sky FC, right now so I can't say much about TOCS. However, if you haven't played the first game I strongly recommend it. At first I thought it was a little childish, but after a couple of hours it started to get more interesting and now I'm starting to see why people are recommending an old PSP game.

Really interesting game mechanics, have you played it at all (you know it's made by the person behind hero must die, right).

- Tales of Hearts R

I have this, but I have not started it yet ;)

----------------------------
- Natural Doctrine

This game is amazing design wise IMO. I haven't finished it, but it is one of my favourite Vita games (but it is really hard and it took me a while to understand how to play it).

This is one of the games that I regret buying. I have played 15-20 hours and had some fun with it, but to me the game is too slow and repetitive (It might be unfair as I'm no fan of DRPGs).

I know it's unfair but I'd like to add one game to your list (if you own it) and that game is Tokyo Twilight GhostHunters :p

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

- Trails of Cold Steel
- Tales of Hearts R

- Muramasa Rebirth
- Natural Doctrine

-Trails of Cold Steel is really amazing buy it!

-Oreshika is amazing too... but i'm totally pissed that characters inevitably die after not so long(it's normal, you need to make sons with gods to make stronger characters), if you think this won't bother you buy it ASAP because it's totally amazing and cheap.

-at the beginning i thought that Natural Doctrine was awesome, but the death of
the pink haired girl
+ some very difficult missions made me leave it.

I still haven't played it but i'm pretty sure digimon is very good(but also all the rest XD).

I can comment on Tales of Hearts R, Muramasa and Ar No Surge Plus.

Tales of Hearts R is a enjoyable action/RPG with a combat system remind me of Smash Brothers (but with some more depth), the characters are fun to follow with, and the visuals are solid (native res and colorful).

Ar No Surge Plus is a JRPG that can really suck you in if you get into the story. It looks nice on the Vita, the combat system is a blast and the story is quite in-depth. Its in my backlog to but pushing through it.

Muramasa is a great action game that looks great and has a strong soundtrack.

Okay I'll comment on the ones I played.

Tales of Hearts R is fine if you like Tales games however I think the game overstays its welcome a bit. But combat is still fun with true Tales action.
Oreshika is gorgeous. It is somewhat grindy, so if you are not into that you may skip it.
I didn't enjoy Cold Steel even though I tried to like it, too slow for my tastes. Unlike Persona I didn't care about the cast so it became boring after a while.
I've recently started playing Digimon, it is awesome so far.
Muramasa:Rebirth is probably one of the best games on the system. That game is made with true love! Tight combat, music and graphics are stunning as well.
Natural Doctrine is okay if you like hardcore SRPGs. Difficulty spike is insane in it though, I had to give up on the last boss.
Played Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited for an online review back when it was out, didn't enjoy it much.

Of all those I'd play Digimon first, and Muramasa Rebirth second. Digimon's an awesome turn-based RPG with an interesting (if not overly compelling) story, and Muramasa's a ridiculously beautiful action RPG with a cool set of bosses. Neither's perfect, but they're up there towards it on the scale of things.

Commenting on a couple here that I've played enough:

- Trails of Cold Steel: If you are at all a fan of traditional JRPGs with decent storylines, great characters, and challenging gameplay, pick up this game. There's two sides to the game: the battle, and developing bonds with your classmates, which in turn, help you in battle. It better than it sounds, and it's a lengthy game to boot. Plus, the sequel comes out this fall, so that's something to keep in mind.

- Muramasa Rebirth: Do you like action games? Do you like gorgeous artwork? Do you like stories rife with Japanese folklore and traditional monsters? If so, get this game. I can while away a couple hours easy playing this game, and enjoy every moment. Be sure to pick up the complete collection, which nets you all the DLC.

If you are like me, you stopped plaing this because you started playing something else, not because you didn't like the game. It might be tough to replay those 10 hours though.

I have only played 10-15 hours this far, but it seems really promising. This far it has felt a little slow though but I have played the story missions on hard and that makes each fight a little too long, so I'm planning on switching to normal (one convenient thing is that you can change difficulty whenever you want).

- Trails of Cold Steel

Im playing Trails in the sky FC, right now so I can't say much about TOCS. However, if you haven't played the first game I strongly recommend it. At first I thought it was a little childish, but after a couple of hours it started to get more interesting and now I'm starting to see why people are recommending an old PSP game.

Really interesting game mechanics, have you played it at all (you know it's made by the person behind hero must die, right).

- Tales of Hearts R

I have this, but I have not started it yet ;)

- Natural Doctrine

This game is amazing design wise IMO. I haven't finished it, but it is one of my favourite Vita games (but it is really hard and it took me a while to understand how to play it).

This is one of the games that I regret buying. I have played 15-20 hours and had some fun with it, but to me the game is too slow and repetitive (It might be unfair as I'm no fan of DRPGs).

I know it's unfair but I'd like to add one game to your list (if you own it) and that game is Tokyo Twilight GhostHunters :p

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm thinking from this I need to push Muramasa wayyyyy up my list, haha.

I'm still undecided on the JRPG though. At the moment it's a toss-up between Cold Steel & Digimon, althugh I do kinda want to play Hearts R as well (however, I only just finished Zestiria and have also gone back to play Milla's story on Xillia 1, so maybe that would be Tales overload :p)

- Trails of Cold Steel
- Tales of Hearts R

Just play Trails of Cold Steel. One of the best games on the Vita and I really don't understand people who didn't like it, especially the characters. Yes not everyone is great (Machias please go away), but it has SO MANY amazing ones.

And your backlog looks about the same size as mine, Vita games are just too reasonably priced! Can't resist those pre-orders either

Gonna post this here too just to see what feedback I get:

Is there any one or two, 'bigger' titles people would want to start a #buildingthelist Vita campaign for?

Just thought I'd do a quick ask here.

Vita community has been great at mobilizing to get stuff on our handheld. From the original get Borderlands 2 on Vita stuff (which pretty much started in Gio Corsi's Third Party Productions team being formed) through #JRPGVita to #VoteVita (and even including stuff like getting Gio to step in to save Banner Saga Vita).

Gio Corsi's team still exists to get third-party games on PS consoles, but lately their efforts seem smaller in scale (Banner Saga; Hitman Go; Tim Schafer games). #buildingthelist is still there, but looking through, it's a massive mis-mash of games with no clear focus about what people want (myself included).

So I've been asking in a few communities - is there one or two 'bigger' titles people would want to campaign for? Gio has managed to get 2K; Capcom; SEGA & Square-Enix on board so far, so he's certainly got the means to do it if we ask. Obviously they'd need to be capable of running on Vita (which Borderlands 2 was arguably stretching as it is), but otherwise there's a whole range of stuff we could ask for.

So - is there any interest in getting a new campaign going to ask for one or two titles in particular, just to see what we can do? If so, what should those titles be?

Serious reply: Is this asking for ports, localizations or both?

Anything his team are capable of handling really.

Like I say, sifting through the hash tag on Twitter, people just tend to ask for anything they think of at the time so I have to imagine he doesn't really prioritize any of this, just adds it to the backburner. In the case of things like Borderlands; Shenmue etc. there were clearly a lot of people asking at once and those pretty much worked out.

So I was just wondering if I could narrow down people's thoughts in to just a couple of things we wanted and then ask them all to tweet Gio asking for specific things. It'll probably go nowhere, but it's worth a shot.

(P.S. I have a feeling we won't have to ask Gio for XCOM :p)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
If you are asking for ports imo that time is passed, one thing is porting on vita a bigger ps3 game another is a bigger ps4 game, in any case i want an open world ps3 western or western-like rpg, Deus Ex(even the mobile one), Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim, dark souls(but also demon's souls), dragon's dogma or others, i'm sure people will ask for the usual things(jrpgs or japanese games in general) but i wouldn't mind an older pc big game or something different from what's already on Vita.

I'm still waiting for xcom :mad:

If you are asking for ports imo that time is passed, one thing is porting on vita a bigger ps3 game another is a bigger ps4 game, in any case i want an open world ps3 western or western-like rpg, Deus Ex(even the mobile one), Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim, dark souls(but also demon's souls), dragon's dogma or others, i'm sure people will ask for the usual things(jrpgs or japanese games in general) but i wouldn't mind an older pc big game or something different from what's already on Vita.

I'm still waiting for xcom :mad:

I think most PS4 games would be out, indeed. I think anything with a last-gen version could still be game, though (like Resi made it).

And your suggestions are all fair - some might be a bit ambitious, but the point is it's whatever the most people want, get something moving for just a couple of games and see what he can do.

I mean personally, at the moment, I'd like Hitman HD Trilogy especially since the new game just released :p

Okay some more or less realistic ideas:

Mega Man Legacy Collection
The Witness
Valkyria Chronicles 3 loc/port
Adventures of Mana (I know SE said "maybe" but an additional push wouldn't hurt..)
Amplitude
Escape Goat 2
N++
Star Ocean 2 Vita/PS4

Saphirax

The Witness
Adventures of Mana (I know SE said "maybe" but an additional push wouldn't hurt..)
Amplitude
Escape Goat 2
N++

Star Ocean 2 would be a good one as well. Seeing how quiet SE has been about bringing the game, I don't have high hopes for it.

Star Ocean 2 would be a good one as well. Seeing how quiet SE has been about bringing the game, I don't have high hopes for it.

Yeah that's a good one. Shouldn't be a huge project to hack in the existing loc :) Also added benefit of an existing PS4 version

I never know what the deal is with 3PP and localizations. I mean they say they do them, but so far it's only been two Yakuza games, so I don't know if their interest expands beyond that.

The Witness
Amplitude
Escape Goat 2
N++
Star Ocean 2 Vita/PS4

An interesting set of suggestions. Some I feel are going to probably be a bit much - Valkyria Chronicles 3 for example would require porting to Vita AND localization which will make it more expensive. Others, like N++ & Escape Goat 2, are things the devs may well do anyway. Gio has some bigger connections in the industry, imo we should get him using those :p

It probably wouldn't run but I'd love something like kindom of amalur on vita

I think being published by EA; studio going bankrupt and being pretty much part of a dead IP would hurt that. I'd often wondered what WRPG's would be capable of running on Vita - for example, would Fallout 3 be too ambitious? (Since Borderlands 2 was a stretch). Would Elder Scrolls Oblivion be too much?

An interesting set of suggestions. Some I feel are going to probably be a bit much - Valkyria Chronicles 3 for example would require porting to Vita AND localization which will make it more expensive. Others, like N++ & Escape Goat 2, are things the devs may well do anyway. Gio has some bigger connections in the industry, imo we should get him using those :p
VC3 is very unlikely, I know, just throwing it out there.

For the indies, sure the devs could port them themselves, but we don't know if they will. EG2 and N++ are basically "Vita later if we're successful enough", which means nothing. These are all games which would be perfect on the Vita, Amplitude and MML included. I really can't think of any "big" games from studios I want to be ported, at least not any that are realistic. Sure I'd like Dark Souls, but that's just never going to happen and I think asking for it would be very silly.

I don't think Deus Ex, Bioshock or the Fallouts need to be on the Vita, especially not this late in its life. I always thought the "home console games in your pocket" was the weakest aspect of the Vita. There are games which are better suited to handhelds and cheaper to port to boot. I don't want to shoot those suggestions down, just saying that I personally don't see the point.

RE: 3DS games: The dual screens are probably the biggest hurdle. Many games would need to be completely reworked.

For the indies, sure the devs could port them themselves, but we don't know if they will. EG2 and N++ are basically "Vita later if we're successful enough", which means nothing. These are all games which would be perfect on the Vita, Amplitude and MML included. I really can't think of any "big" games from studios I want to be ported, at least not any that are realistic. Sure I'd like Dark Souls, but that's just never going to happen and I think asking for it would be very silly.

I don't think Deus Ex, Bioshock or the Fallouts need to be on the Vita, especially not this late in its life. I always thought the "home console games in your pocket" was the weakest aspect of the Vita. There are games which are better suited to handhelds and cheaper to port to boot. I don't want to shoot those suggestions down, just saying that I personally don't see the point.

Heh, fair enough. I think this exactly highlights the problem I mentioned with suggestions to Gio - Vita owners are a diverse bunch and they want a hell of a lot of different things.

Personally, I wouldn't really be keen on requesting games like Escape Goat or N++ because I already have a heap of 2D puzzle-platformers sitting on Vita that I haven't yet played. Whereas I'm always itching for more console-esque stuff on the go because I've really enjoyed what I've played, framerate issues and all.

Heh, fair enough. I think this exactly highlights the problem I mentioned with suggestions to Gio - Vita owners are a diverse bunch and they want a hell of a lot of different things.

Personally, I wouldn't really be keen on requesting games like Escape Goat or N++ because I already have a heap of 2D puzzle-platformers sitting on Vita that I haven't yet played. Whereas I'm always itching for more console-esque stuff on the go because I've really enjoyed what I've played, framerate issues and all.

Well it's not just the Vita owners that have this problem, from the very start Sony themselves didn't know what the Vita was supposed to be. Home console games in your pocket? Competition to mobile phones? A handheld for kids? Indie machine?

I'll support anything to get more games on it, but as it looks like it'll be difficult to focus on something. And just btw, N++ and EG2 aren't just two random 2D platformers, they're some of the best out there :p

I don't mind console-esque games, but especially first person action-y games are just something I'm not really on board with.

I tweet at Gio every month about XCOM, so that game is at the top of my list. I want games that can be played over and over again, so other games that I want are Civilization 5 and Invisible Inc.

Games like bioshock seems like a lot of work for a couple of hours and I don't think that the Vita is optimal for FPS games that aren't built for it from the ground up (like Killzone:M).

I also have been remoteplaying a lot of Tharsis lately and that would be a dream to have on the Vita.

Except for these western games all I want is for the Japanese games to end up on the EU store (digital, subs only).

This is my personal wishlist list, in order, where S;G Zero is at the top(and Punchline at the bottom).

Steins;Gate 0
Caligula
Net High
Hero must Die
Exist Archive
DQ:Builders
Cankolle
Utawarerumono
Summon Night 6
Tokyo Xanadu
Punchline

Games like bioshock seems like a lot of work for a couple of hours and I don't think that the Vita is optimal for FPS games that aren't built for it from the ground up (like Killzone)

I pretty much agree with you on this - I didn't feel uncharted was built with vita in mind and as such it didn't work well, and I think bIOShock would fall into that camp too. But I do think home console ports can be a great fit - Borderlands for example was great, framerate aside.

By the way, Stealth Inc. is already on Vita?

As for your localization list, I don't think any of those games need help From gio to come West :p

Takao

Banned
#ReviveUshiro2016
#NotGoingToHappen

#DissidiaFFArcadeVita
#GoingToBePortedToNX

#ResidentEvil6thGenVita
#NotWithCapcom

#Yugioh201VIta
#fuckonami

#NHLVita
#EANoWay

#NonStruggleMedarot
#MedarotIsStruggle

JJP12

We should all ask for Stardew Valley. That game would be perfect on a handheld. The developer already said he wants to put the game on consoles as soon as he can. With a huge push, maybe Sony could step in and help a vita port get done alongside the PS4 port.

RK128

The Witness
Amplitude
Escape Goat 2
N++
Star Ocean 2 Vita/PS4

I could see all of these land on Vita but the ones I can really picture happening are the following:
Mega Man Legacy Collection, Adventures of Mana, Escape Goat, N++ and Star Ocean.

The Witness and Amplitude might be to graphically intensive for the Vita (if it is just a port and not re-building the game for the platform), so I don't see those happening.

Mega Man Legacy could be a quick port of the PS4 version from a 3rd Party Productions hired studio, same with Escape Goat 2 and N++.

Mana and Star Ocean hinges on if Square Enix is interested with Vita support in the west and I could see that happening (as Adventures of Mana has a localization already via iOS version).

Valkyria Chronicles 3 I don't see happening sadly due to Sega shifting handheld focus to Nintendo systems (3DS) outside of releasing the Project Diva games on Vita. Kinda like Trials in the Sky 3 being PC only, I could see VC3 being PC only too in the future. But I would be happy to be wrong :D.

My personal dream list of games would be the following though:
-Sonic Colors and Sonic CD Ports: Both could run great on Vita and it would be amazing to play my favorite Sonic adventures on the go :).
-Ape Escape Collection: While I can play the first one via On the Lose PSP, the other two games would be natural fits on the Vita thanks to the dual analog sticks :).

Otherwise, happy with the stuff coming out in the future and out now.

18-Volt

More PS2 collections are what Vita need. Easy to port yet most Vita owners would be interested in playing them on the go. Sanzaru games once mentioned that porting PS2 collections are pretty easy and fast, maybe they should handle porting the others.

Hitman (SE Montreal ported Hitman Go, so why not Hitman HD collection?)
Prince of Persia
Splinter Cell
Beyond Good & Evil & Rayman 3
(Ubisoft is still surprisingly supporting Vita. Maybe 3PP should ask porting their classic games? Two of the PoP games is already on PS Store as PSP games but they're not the same thing)
Devil May Cry
Resident Evil
(RE4 + Code Veronica are all I need. 3PP has worked with Capcom before, how about a RE port which actually plays and runs great?)
Sega Dreamcast Collection (I always thought they would port the other remaining DC HD games to Vita after Jet Set Radio, but nope. Nights, Sonic Adventure 1&2, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5... 3DS got tons of classic Sega titles, Vita deserves some too. 3PP also worked with Sega with Yakuza, wouldn't hurt to ask)
GTA Trilogy (Ow come on! They actually went through the effort of editing GTA Liberty City Stories and put it back to PS Store but no GTA Trilogy mobile ports? Both PS4 and PS3 got San Andreas but Vita is the platform that deserves it the most. Yep, 3PP knows Take Two well too.)

Chuy

One thing I want that I haven't seen mentioned yet would be a port of the Kingdom Hearts Collections to Vita. Would be amazing to play those on the go.

RK128

More PS2 collections are what Vita need. Easy to port yet most Vita owners would be interested in playing them on the go. Sanzaru games once mentioned that porting PS2 collections are pretty easy and fast, maybe they should handle porting the others.

Hitman (SE Montreal ported Hitman Go, so why not Hitman HD collection?)
Prince of Persia
Splinter Cell
Beyond Good & Evil & Rayman 3
(Ubisoft is still surprisingly supporting Vita. Maybe 3PP should ask porting their classic games? Two of the PoP games is already on PS Store as PSP games but they're not the same thing)
Devil May Cry
Resident Evil
(RE4 + Code Veronica are all I need. 3PP has worked with Capcom before, how about a RE port which actually plays and runs great?)
Sega Dreamcast Collection (I always thought they would port the other remaining DC HD games to Vita after Jet Set Radio, but nope. Nights, Sonic Adventure 1&2, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5... 3DS got tons of classic Sega titles, Vita deserves some too. 3PP also worked with Sega with Yakuza, wouldn't hurt to ask)
GTA Trilogy (Ow come on! They actually went through the effort of editing GTA Liberty City Stories and put it back to PS Store but no GTA Trilogy mobile ports? Both PS4 and PS3 got San Andreas but Vita is the platform that deserves it the most. Yep, 3PP knows Take Two well too.)

I am honestly surprised we didn't see Rayman 2 and 3 land on Vita already. Both are some of the most common titles Ubisoft brings to everything (at least Rayman 2 is), so them not getting the HD treatment on Vita was very odd :l.

The fact we never got the Adventure games on Vita after the Jet Set Radio port continues to annoy me when the 3DS has a ton of Sonic games. The Vita only has Sonic Racing Transformed and three PSP games (Rivals 1 & 2, Sega Genesis Collection).....vs the 3DS with Generations, Lost World, Boom and a lot of the Game Gear Sonic Tittles. Own both systems now, but still, not fair to the Vita and really sours me as a huge fan of the series that loves my Vita :(.

Tales of Innocence R just to complete the set.

Star Ocean 2 as you cant get the games on PSN.

Stardew Valley would be perfect on the Vita as well. Otherwise I really cant expect anything more beyond localisations and indie ports.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
If anyone wants something different from the usual japanese and indie games i think we should try asking for those big games on mobile like:

-gta games
-star wars knight of the old republic
-baldur's gate
-deus ex the fall
-max payne
-some dungeon hunter or similar
and others

EDIT:
Nostalgia: Two Worlds One Soul, an adventure/visual novel inspired to zero escape and made by a gaffer has the vita version in its basic goal that's only 15k bucks but only 11 days left!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magnastudios/nostalgia-two-worlds-one-soul

So, this has taken a swing. I've posted my thoughts in a few different places. At first I was only getting really low-key suggestions - fair enough if that's what people want - but I've gotten a lot of over stuff suggested recently.

I'm gonna start tallying it up, and then post the most requested stuff and suggest people ask Gio for it, and I guess see what happens from there.

So, I tallied up responses I've gotten so far. Two suggestions are miles ahead of everything else and then there's like 3-4 that are tied behind it.

And then there's a whole load of other stuff that people have suggested, 49 different franchises in total. See what I mean about scattergunned suggestions :p

I pretty much agree with you on this - I didn't feel uncharted was built with vita in mind and as such it didn't work well, and I think bIOShock would fall into that camp too. But I do think home console ports can be a great fit - Borderlands for example was great, framerate aside.

By the way, Stealth Inc. is already on Vita?

As for your localization list, I don't think any of those games need help From gio to come West :p

I meant Invisible Inc.

Gio needs help in which order they should localize the games ;)

Top Bottom