• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | March 2016

Who buys this shit?

LIQS1LT.jpg

Every week there's like a dozen or so new ones released. There's probably twice many PS4 avatars as there are PS4 games in the store.

SerTapTap

The avatars situation is so sad. And what's funny is that garbage is $2 while official game ones which someone MIGHT actually buy are usually 50 cents (though paying for an avatar is still kinda silly, but I bought a couple of Neptunia ones myself. I'm Croire right now)

Not sure Sony can really do anything about it either other than some App Store style over-policing which it's too late for anyway. It's just always going to be bad

You can open it in an incognito window! But I found the trailer on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKxwSbu7uvg

Just 11.99€!

Oh wow. Well, the good news is it's way easier for decent but still small devs to get their stuff on PSN too. I doubt Assault Android Cactus would have gotten on PS3 this early last gen...or even late last gen.

The Naughty Dog sale is up now on US PSN.
I was waiting on TLoU PS4 theme to go on sale because I don't feel right paying $3 for a theme, but it's the one thing not on sale. Ugh.

Anywho, how is the Jak & Dexter Collection on Vita? Competent? I've never played those games, but I love ND.

EDIT: it looks like TLoU dlc hasn't been discounted yet. I'd wait before buying anything.
There's quite a few things missing actually.

RK128

The Naughty Dog sale is up now on US PSN.
I was waiting on TLoU PS4 theme to go on sale because I don't feel right paying $3 for a theme, but it's the one thing not on sale. Ugh.

Anywho, how is the Jak & Dexter Collection on Vita? Competent? I've never played those games, but I love ND.

.......It really depends on which game you are playing first.

Jak 1: Runs well enough and the frame rate is more stable compared to the other games
Jak 2: Runs the best but the rear-touch is for important actions (aka annoying). Personally dislike the game a lot so the issues make it worse X(.
Jak 3: Runs the worst and can outright hit the ones frame rate wise. But I had a decent time playing the first few hours of this on my Vita.

But you never played these before, so I recommend you get the PS2/PS3 versions instead. Those versions have such smooth controls and run really well; big contrast to the Vita version. Highly, Highly recommend you get the PS3 versions if they are on sale.

RK128

How many hours left until the playstation VR event?

It happened already!

Some news that came from it is the following:
-PS VR will be 399$ in NA and launches this October
-Some Star Wars Battlefront Game will be PS VR Exclusive and its developed by DICE
-PS Camera (Needed for VR to work) and PS Move Controllers (Optional) sold alone
-Horizon Zero Dawn and Last Guardian re-confirmed for a 2016 Release

It happened already!

Some news that came from it is the following:
-PS VR will be 399$ in NA and launches this October
-Some Star Wars Battlefront Game will be PS VR Exclusive and its developed by DICE
-PS Camera (Needed for VR to work) and PS Move Controllers (Optional) sold alone
-Horizon Zero Dawn and Last Guardian re-confirmed for a 2016 Release

Aha, sounds like an underwhelming event if they only showed one new game?

Megauap

Should I play Demon's Souls (never played a Souls game before) on PS3 or wait for a possible PS4 remaster?
And a guide would be great too :)

Clive

Should I play Demon's Souls (never played a Souls game before) on PS3 or wait for a possible PS4 remaster?
And a guide would be great too :)
A common interpretation of the tweet below is that it's a hint/tease for a remaster. Great game either way so keep that PS3 around if the remaster doesn't happen.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bloodborne_PS4/status/670209778375725056[/tweet]

Megauap

A common interpretation of the tweet below is that it's a hint/tease for a remaster. Great game either way so keep that PS3 around if the remaster doesn't happen.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bloodborne_PS4/status/670209778375725056[/tweet]

Will do and will wait. Thanks!

Prelude.

RIP YianGaruga ;_; You know what you risk when you willingly step into a shitposting storm

So, apparently Sekai Project has a LRG game in the works, is it finally Grisaia time? What was WEE's status?

Shizuka

RIP YianGaruga ;_; You know what you risk when you willingly step into a shitposting storm

So, apparently Sekai Project has a LRG game in the works, is it finally Grisaia time? What was WEE's status?

I'd imagine it's Fruit of Grisaia first.

Takao

Banned
I wouldn't buy a $550 Sony peripheral after the way they treated a certain $250 platform. If that thing doesn't sell, you've got a dust collector.

Massa

I wouldn't buy a $550 Sony peripheral after the way they treated a certain $250 platform. If that thing doesn't sell, you've got a dust collector.

I totally will in part because I love the Vita. If, like the Vita, it ends up being my indie heaven it will be worth it. :)

RK128

That's why I don't plain on getting a PSVR for at least 2 or so years down the line; if they support it, might consider picking one up.

Otherwise, its just 'another add-on' Sony is producing that they won't support in six months post launch.

I think looking at it as a peripheral is the problem, they're simply offering a VR solution that uses the install base of the PS4 to bridge the price gap.

You wouldn't shoot down the Vive or Oculus Rift for being a peripheral, but they certainly don't work alone.

Clive

Last year's March Flash Sale was the below a dollar deals so let's hope for that this year again. Hard to spend a lot of money regardless of how much you buy.

Chuy

Flash sale this weekend?

I've once again got money in the account and nothing to buy.
This weekend seems suspect for one but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a easter sale next weekend either.

Last year's March Flash Sale was the below a dollar deals so let's hope for that this year again. Hard to spend a lot of money regardless of how much you buy.
If there's not one this flash dale it'll be over a year since he had a 99 cent flash sale :/

Takao

Banned
I think looking at it as a peripheral is the problem, they're simply offering a VR solution that uses the install base of the PS4 to bridge the price gap.

You wouldn't shoot down the Vive or Oculus Rift for being a peripheral, but they certainly don't work alone.

Well, I wouldn't buy a Vive for the same reasons I wouldn't buy a PSVR headset. I wouldn't trust either to really get enough software support to justify that price tag. PSVR being yet another side initiative from Sony (of which they have an abysmal track record of supporting) that's locked to aged hardware only adds to that. At least with the PC VR solutions you can be sure some indie developer somewhere will be tinkering around with it years later.

Well, I wouldn't buy a Vive for the same reasons I wouldn't buy a PSVR headset. I wouldn't trust either to really get enough software support to justify that price tag. PSVR being yet another side initiative from Sony (of which they have an abysmal track record of supporting) that's locked to aged hardware only adds to that. At least with the PC VR solutions you can be sure some indie developer somewhere will be tinkering around with it years later.

I don't know man, spending $800US for a full VR setup seems like something that's going to catch on a lot easier than the Oculus or Vive. Broad adoption will drive games and innovation - not a bunch of splintered, mid-high end, PC-requiring, $600US+ HMDs.

Takao

Banned
I'm not sure any VR platform will go much beyond a niche at this stage. I'm just saying that if I were to buy a VR headset, I wouldn't buy Sony's. Unless Oculus sells dozens of units, I'm sure it'll wind up with most, if not everything non-SCE that PSVR gets anyway.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All VR solutions right now are priced well outside the mass market, and the people who are going to buy in are largely those that can afford to keep up a nice gaming PC. Hell they've probably got enough disposable income to also buy the PS4 rig.

I'm not sure any VR platform will go much beyond a niche at this stage. I'm just saying that if I were to buy a VR headset, I wouldn't buy Sony's. Unless Oculus sells dozens of units, I'm sure it'll wind up with most, if not everything non-SCE that PSVR gets anyway.

I don't think virtual reality will catch on fully (to the point of a saturated market) until they somehow reach a level that mirrors that of the virtual reality portrayed in Sword Art Online, but as with anything gaming I think we're at a level where it's going to be enough to be enjoyable and popular - which will make it viable as a product.

People want to be immersed, and the PSVR does that well enough.

wilflare

once you set up thevrlounge.net, everything will come full circle

love what you are doing with thevitalounge! I'm teasing :p

That would be a great sale to revisit. Though my want list of games is getting smaller and smaller, I would probably take a chance on some I normally would not consider at that pricing.

I was just thinking during the reveal how similar situations seem with this. So much internal hype around PSVR; the same kind of "x number of developers are working on it" reveal, "y games to be available before end of year" etc.

SerTapTap

I'm in day one for PSVR since any PC VR solution is going to cost over $1000 and I HAVE a gaming PC (but would need a new GFX card).

Assuming I can actually slip a preorder in that is.

50 games year one sounds great to me, and I don't care if they're short either as long as they're priced right. I think Move's launch would have been way better if they had indie devs on board like PS VR does, and PS VR is an order of magnitude cooler than Move anyway.

incpdo

For a second I got excited over an image I saw in mercadolibre(latinoamerican ebay) a guy was selling the digital code for the nba 2k13 for Vita . for a moment I thought this was real but it is the Psp version. Man , what a bummer .so why no NBA game Vita? Why?

For a second I got excited over an image I saw in mercadolibre(latinoamerican ebay) a guy was selling the digital code for the nba 2k13 for Vita . for a moment I thought this was real but it is the Psp version. Man , what a bummer .so why no NBA game Vita? Why?

An NBA game for Vita would be cool. If Sony still did their basketball game, Vita might have had one. NBA Inside was a lot of fun on PSP.

Sports games in general are on the decline without a question which is crazy because of how big the market once was.

I'm in day one for PSVR since any PC VR solution is going to cost over $1000 and I HAVE a gaming PC (but would need a new GFX card).

No PSVR for me. I get motion sick too easily. I can't help but feel Sony's big push for PSVR is preventing me from seeing games I would have if Sony wasn't pushing for PSVR.

Shinriji

No PSVR for me. I get motion sick too easily. I can't help but feel Sony's big push for PSVR is preventing me from seeing games I would have if Sony wasn't pushing for PSVR.

Lot of tech demos and retrofitting VR mode on existing games screams Move for me. And so, in two years Sony will bet on the next big thing.

Lot of tech demos and retrofitting VR mode on existing games screams Move for me. And so, in two years Sony will bet on the next big thing.

I remember how bloody long they spent on Wonderbook during... E3 2012 I think? (possibly 2013). Was completely ridiculous. They released like 3 games for that thing then dropped it.

Sony kinda half-heartily pushed Move and 3D gaming which was the appropriate measured response to industry trends. It will be remain to be seen but it seems like Sony is invested more in PSVR especially since it is a bigger investment in technology.

I don't want to poop on people's parade that are excited for VR but I don't think it will last because we aren't going to get deep gameplay on those that we will play for hours. The fact that it sounds like there will be forced breaks is a testament that long term playing on this isn't really feasible especially for people like me who get queasy during 3D movies. I am going to wait for holodeck technology.

SerTapTap

I haven't seen them talk about Move or 3D TV the way they talk about VR. They seem legit passionate and have standards instead of "This is the FUTURE! Yeah that's all we have to say just buy it." They seem to be working a lot closer with devs and there seems tobe a lot more pre-launch feedback and demos for media too.

That's the main thing that makes it not seem like Move to me, but also the indies getting to tryi t, it feels like there's way more non-shovelware stuff going on.

AmyS

Gawd damn, the PS Store is so. fucking. slow. on PS3.

My internet is 100mbps. Using wired connection vs wireless makes no difference. Any tips, or that's just the way it is?

Top Bottom