• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Much obliged! I am also thinking of importing some retail games from play Asia and amazon but don't speak Japanese outside of being able to count to ten lol, best to go with the Asian versions I assume since they seem to have a few with English subtitles?

Kudo

Much obliged! I am also thinking of importing some retail games from play Asia and amazon but don't speak Japanese outside of being able to count to ten lol, best to go with the Asian versions I assume since they seem to have a few with English subtitles?

The games listed in here with (Asia) have Asian release with English text, list courtesy of Shizuka
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161834575&postcount=2969
Also I don't know if Demon Gaze is still being made but it has retail Japanese release with English text, "Demon Gaze Global Edition".

Tapejara

I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on Class of Heroes.

1 or 2? The first one is Atlus published, so it's guaranteed to go on sale once per month. The second one doesn't go on sale often - hell, I believe this is the first sale the game's had?

So yeah, if you're curious about CoH 1 you can probably hold off. Someone with more experience will have to tell you if CoH2 is worth the price, but reception 'round here seemed to be positive.

Doombear

What are they teaching our children?? This is a shot of my daughter's homework from this week...

80gYXXw.jpg

Poor Vita

Takao

Banned
What are they teaching our children?? This is a shot of my daughter's homework from this week...

Poor Vita

Got to look at it in a glass half full situation. That chart says 40% of the market owns a Vita. Imagine if that was the case in the real world ...

autoduelist

I've only played it on the Vita, and I went on to clear 100% of the single-player (except it won't acknowledge that I drove every car). It really is a perfect game to play in short bursts on a portable. Less frustrating than Wipeout, and far more options for just trying a different race when you get stuck on something.

I haven't even considered going for the platinum since I didn't know anyone else playing it for the multiplayer trophies. Did you do multiplayer on the Vita?

Multiplayer for NFS was actually very active. I had no problem jumping into full worlds (4 people total) all week, and if I decided to leave one (didn't like the speedlist, say), I could rejoin and get a different group of people. Surprising, and very nice. It's also clear they are just playing to have fun, and to race, not just grinding out trophies.

There is 1 trophy you need to be friends with someone for (you need to take each other out once), but thankfully I saw a current online friend of mine had played recently so I messaged him and took care of it. I'd be glad to help you you out, just pm me.

The other online trophies are pretty easy if you know what to do and I got them out of the way quickly.

RE: driving all cars... the trophy guide suggests hitting a billboard with each car to make sure you drive it long enough to 'register' as being driven, not just going 10 feet or something. I don't have that trophy yet, but it wasn't difficult on the ps3.

So I FINALLY jumped in and got a Vita slim Borderlands bundle off Amazon. Thanks to the magic of clearance sales at Target I also picked up Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Little Big Planet Vita, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf and downloaded Jeanne D'arc. Game recommendations? I also prefer buying a physical copy of my games and was wondering if there is a list of the NA retail games released? Thanks for the help and putting up with my unbridled enthusiasm!

Congrats.
You're off to a good start gamewise, but you'd really need to give us some genres to get dialed in recommendations.

Tearaway, NFS:MW, Uncharted, Txk, Super Stardust, Rayman Origins... and countless others, really. you also have the psp/ps1 library to explore.
If you like hunting games Soul Sacrfice Delta and Toukiden kiwami seem to get praised.

Vita is also the system that taught me to embrace the digital future.

1 or 2? The first one is Atlus published, so it's guaranteed to go on sale once per month. The second one doesn't go on sale often - hell, I believe this is the first sale the game's had?

So yeah, if you're curious about CoH 1 you can probably hold off. Someone with more experience will have to tell you if CoH2 is worth the price, but reception 'round here seemed to be positive.

I'm thinking about getting both, since they're both on sale.

I want to get a taste of the series but I want to know if it's worth it.

So I FINALLY jumped in and got a Vita slim Borderlands bundle off Amazon. Thanks to the magic of clearance sales at Target I also picked up Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Little Big Planet Vita, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf and downloaded Jeanne D'arc. Game recommendations? I also prefer buying a physical copy of my games and was wondering if there is a list of the NA retail games released? Thanks for the help and putting up with my unbridled enthusiasm!

Danganronpa, Dragon's Crown, Muramasa Rebirth, and Tearaway are all great games off the top of my head.

Maybe Demon Gaze or the upcoming Operation Abyss if you're into DRPGs.

I'm thinking about getting both, since they're both on sale.

I want to get a taste of the series but I want to know if it's worth it.

Atlus has had CoH1 go for better deals. If you really want a taste, I'd go for CoH2, which should be a better experience and more indicative of what upcoming titles are like according to other people
Edit: this is also the cheapest I've seen digital copies of CoH2, even on eBay, so that might be something to consider.

SerTapTap

Senran Kagura is.. well it's not bad.
Not sure how I feel about it.

If you're just getting started the characters gain a few more combos and can take a bit of time to get used to in a few cases. Estival is a clear improvement but Versus is still pretty decent. It kinda needed to get off Vita (or worse) hardware though

please buy Akiba's Trip, that is all

looks better than expected. I have no time to play anything though so I'm still waiting for cheapish. Does the PC version actually look/run any better at 1080p? IF not I might go for physical PS4

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I booted up demon gaze last night before I slept, and man, it has some pretty good art. Looked so sharp on the Vita. can't wait to try more after I finish my work today.

autoduelist

i picked up the PSP Battlefront II from the last sale [but still haven't even installed it]. Are any of the other current batch of vita compatible psp star wars games on sale worth grabbing?

If I'm only mildly familiar with MGS (beat one or two of the early ones, played but didn't finish MGS4) should i pick up either of the MGS games for my Vita? I think I already own the collection in my digital backlog.
Peace Walker has some sort of cool base building mechanic, right?

thanks! i don't really 'need' games right now, trying to talk myself out of spending money.

Hikami

every time I come into this thread, I wanna buy more games T_T

I have the same problem, doing a pretty good job of holding back though.

Don't think I'll be buying anything til I get through the games I bought from the Golden Week sale.

wilflare

I have the same problem, doing a pretty good job of holding back though.

Don't think I'll be buying anything til I get through the games I bought from the Golden Week sale.

I'm still thinking on getting all the SW PSP games (the $7 ones)
Project root, Sketchcross, Bloxiq (lol though I made the OTs for the last two - with @baekshi)
and some stuff from the Golden Week sale (like the PS3 games, PSP ones, etc) :/

argh - STEAM BUG WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME into the JaseC of PSN

RK128

That is what happens during big sales man; we ask about what great stuff is on sale and from learning about it, we end up with 3-4 games in our PSN Cart :).

I think after all the sales the past month or so (the two flash sales last month and the end of March alongside the Golden Week sale), I got more then enough games to tide me over throughout the summer :).

If anything, the only things I plan on picking up will be Neptuna Rebirth 3, a 64GB memory card and maybe a PS4/Wii U this fall/early 2016.

Between Yooka-Yalee not coming to Vita or PS3 (the very recently reviled and fully funded Kickstarter by former guys from Rare), FFXV coming early next year (hopefully....), Ratchet Reduxe coming soon (if the film is launching in the summer) and Sony announcing more games for the PS4 (still not sold on it yet despite having a massive backlog of PS4 games thanks to cross-buy and PS+), I will likely get a PS4 by the end of the year :).

Besides, it will be a wonderful accessory to my Vita :D; a whole new sector of games to play on Vita :'). Maybe I can play Typo-0 on the platform it should of came out on then :D!

Sorry for the bad joke X(

RK128

I'm still thinking on getting all the SW PSP games (the $7 ones)
Project root, Sketchcross, Bloxiq (lol though I made the OTs for the last two - with @baekshi)
and some stuff from the Golden Week sale (like the PS3 games, PSP ones, etc) :/

Don't feel bad man, as I own well over 200 games just for my Vita XD! The more games you get means the more you can play latter too :). That is the beauty of the Vita; a massive library of tittles to play on a little device :').

i picked up the PSP Battlefront II from the last sale [but still haven't even installed it]. Are any of the other current batch of vita compatible psp star wars games on sale worth grabbing?

If I'm only mildly familiar with MGS (beat one or two of the early ones, played but didn't finish MGS4) should i pick up either of the MGS games for my Vita? I think I already own the collection in my digital backlog.
Peace Walker has some sort of cool base building mechanic, right?

thanks! i don't really 'need' games right now, trying to talk myself out of spending money.

I am not a big fan of Metal Gear either, but I own the four numbered tittles across my Vita and PS3 (MGS1-3 for Vita via PS1 Classic and Vita HD Collection, MGS4 through PS3). Not a huge fan of them at all, but it feels nice knowing I can play them whenever I want to at the very least :D. Besides, after the recent news about Kojima leaving Konami after MGSV launches....I want to give the series a fair shot and devote at least the summer to beating all four games in the main-line series (MGS1-4).

If I'm not perpetually broke I'm sure I'll get your collecting bug too LOL.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Man, playing Bon Appetit made me look like a noob playing DJMAX portable 3. I'm having problem even with just 4T in 4x speed.

Multiplayer for NFS was actually very active. I had no problem jumping into full worlds (4 people total) all week, and if I decided to leave one (didn't like the speedlist, say), I could rejoin and get a different group of people. Surprising, and very nice. It's also clear they are just playing to have fun, and to race, not just grinding out trophies.

There is 1 trophy you need to be friends with someone for (you need to take each other out once), but thankfully I saw a current online friend of mine had played recently so I messaged him and took care of it. I'd be glad to help you you out, just pm me.

The other online trophies are pretty easy if you know what to do and I got them out of the way quickly.

RE: driving all cars... the trophy guide suggests hitting a billboard with each car to make sure you drive it long enough to 'register' as being driven, not just going 10 feet or something. I don't have that trophy yet, but it wasn't difficult on the ps3.

You're right - multiplayer is basically packed. It's great to see this much online activity for a Vita game!

I spent a whole session hitting a billboard with every car for this exact purpose, but I'm still stuck with one car not driven. I mean, I have the trophy for driving every car, so it's okay - I'll just have that "99% complete" every time I start up.

PMed you.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Rather pleased with Sorcery Saga. For six bucks, it's just the kind of inoffensive, standard roguelike I was looking for.

Haven't started Demon Gaze yet, but I will soon, I figure.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Poor Vita

That teacher is a Xbot, don't s/he knows that the PS3 surpassed the 360?
They are probably just random numbers and maybe s/he even confused Atari with Nintendo

Li Kao

Mmh, so Catherine and The Guided Fate Paradox were announced at 5$ if you are a PS+ member. I bought a 10$ card and now I see them at 6.80$ a pop. I have bad bad thoughts about the store management at the moment.

Edit - Oh, fuck me, don't tell me my sub expired just now ? Or am I victim of the infamous bug ?
Edit 2 - Yah, expired PS+...

Sondar

Me too! Despite having about 1200 unplayed Vita games, I'm thinking of buying Suikoden 2, Growlanser & Gungnir...plus maybe some Star Wars games & I'm not even into Star Wars...

Kudo

Demon Gaze does have really amazing character art. Shame the Global Edition Disgaea Character Art DLC is only for Japanese accounts and the way Vita works I don't think it's possible to download the DLC and use it on my main account?

You guys should have buy it at launch last year, smh
I expect Operation Abyss to be more populated
If we are to go by the fact that the LE still hasn't run out on their website, it could either mean that it isn't "that limited" and it has a lot of copies available, or it could mean the opposite, and that people don't seem to be buying it. Either way I hope it does really well, or well enough for Babel and other DRPGs to make their way over to us.

autoduelist

Demon Gaze does have really amazing character art. Shame the Global Edition Disgaea Character Art DLC is only for Japanese accounts and the way Vita works I don't think it's possible to download the DLC and use it on my main account?

I'm guessing that's different than the NIS Character Art Bundle? I know I played with Disgaea characters and I'm in the US.

Unlike other posters, I wasn't particularly a fan of the art. I want my dungeon explorers wearing medieval armor and dripping in filth, not playing dress up. Disgaea art didn't solve the issue, but it was still fun.

Wow, yeah it was. $39.99 on the PS blog with no mention of discount. That bundle's just been a huge bungle.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/04/28/playstation-store-update-390/

And the throwback pack is $17.94

Oh great! Now I need to decide if a pack of psp games I'll likely never play is worth $20 or not.

still looking for feedback on the psp Star Wars games, and MGS Peace Walker.

I havea question:

I live in the UK, but have family that live in the US. If I buy US PSN codes from Amazon.com, are they the cards that need to be physically sent out to somebody, or is a code sent directly to a person by email or something?

If it's the latter it'd be the easiest way to get a birthday present sorted.

Kudo

I'm guessing that's different than the NIS Character Art Bundle? I know I played with Disgaea characters and I'm in the US.

Unlike other posters, I wasn't particularly a fan of the art. I want my dungeon explorers wearing medieval armor and dripping in filth, not playing dress up. Disgaea art didn't solve the issue, but it was still fun.

Oh great! Now I need to decide if a pack of psp games I'll likely never play is worth $20 or not.

still looking for feedback on the psp Star Wars games, and MGS Peace Walker.

It's probably same DLC but the one that comes with the game is just for Japanese PSN so it's not compatible with US/EU accounts even though it's "Global Edition".

Peace Walker is pretty good, I've been playing it on PS3 and I like it. Haven't heard of any technical issues with the PSP version so I'd assume it would run fine on Vita, there's lots of loading screens though as the areas in the game are smallish so be prepared for that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's probably same DLC but the one that comes with the game is just for Japanese PSN so it's not compatible with US/EU accounts even though it's "Global Edition".

"Global Edition" is just a name, it's not meant to imply anything about region compatibility. It's just like the Final Fantasy "international" editions.

Top Bottom