• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

Bolded are direct answers to your questions :).

SAO Hollow Fragment continues to chart on PS Vita sales lists in both NA and EU plus Lost Song will be a hit as well; don't worry about Hollow Realizations localization, as that is a big franchise for Bamco now, so they won't leave it in Japan.

How the game works is that its a more movement-focused combat system compared to HF; you can jump, run and fly now, making fights far more dynamic. Plus you have the combat system mirroring something like Ys (with light/heavy attacks). You still have the sword skill system and the new magic system; the former is faster to pull off but using Magic takes time to cast.

The games structure is both larger and smaller than Hollow Fragment; everything in Lost Song is brand new assets and locations (compared to HF, which was half a PSP remaster and half a brand new game). So, that leads to everything looking great but you are not getting a game as massive as HF. But the worlds are still very large and its more plain-centric.

How the level progression system works now is that you have altitude limits for your flight in the maps, which block off higher planes to explore. Those locked-off plans have dungeons you need to explore, story events and the like. So, you go from the bottom all the way to the top of a map; exploring everything and progressing through the story, unlocking more places to go as you play the game.

Similar to HF, you only have one hub town to explore, but you have two locations to explore; a tavern where the shops and Liz's Forge from HF are combined into one and a teliport location at the center of town.

The biggest change from HF is the fact that you are more restricted with what weapons you can play around with.....but in reality, the different play-styles are just implanted into extra playable characters. This means that leveling up your party (which you can have one playable character and two party members at a time) and managing their stats is very important.

But the weapons are different and it pushes you to play with every playable character at least once (and with 15+ characters, you have a lot to select from).

The story is also stronger in Lost Song than in Hollow Fragment; the characters aren't pressured into leaving the game world, they are in it to have fun, and that is shown with the tone of the game. Its far more grounded than Hollow Fragment and the characterization is better too; Kirtio isn't blind to others hitting on him anymore and neither is Asuna. So, those 'fan-service' moments are far fewer in Lost Song compared to Hollow Fragment (but they are still in Lost Song, just not as much and less in your face).

Overall, its a good sequel to Hollow Fragment that while it doesn't expand what made that game so great gameplay wise (mirroring MMO gameplay styles, its Phantasy Star Online/Xenoblade style combat system), its still a great game that everyone should check out :).

Thank you for taking the time to write such an informative and to me hype building answer, I'll definitely check it out now. :D

Edit: on a different topic:

apparently there are demos up on the JP store for both Grand Kingdom and Net High. Where will I be able to read impressions?

(is it common with impressions treads for demos here?)

Chuy

incpdo

So with less than 10 hours left, Wanderer is $10K away from Vita stretch goal
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1231806848/wanderer-2?ref=nav_search

I already tweeted Gio Corsi and #buildingthelist about it, so in case it doesn't reach it, at least it might get noticed by Sony for release on that system.
Great work! I've been doing my part too. I have to guess the developers will do a ps4vita version anyways at this point but it would be great to have the assurance by reaching the strech goal

Edit: as I thought, quote from the kickstarter updates page for this game
"With 5 hours to go, it looks like we're probably not going to make it to $90,000 for our first console port stretch goal, but I just wanted to reiterate that that doesn't mean Wanderer won't make it to console platforms in the future! We definitely still want to get it to PS4/Vita and Xbox One, it will just take a little bit longer without the extra funds to work with from the start."

incpdo

Looks fun imo. Performance wise I think it may have some frame drops but nothing game breaker.

Edit: regarding skullgirls on ps4Vita seems a physical version will be released on Japan including Japanese full voice acting. There will be a limited edition package as well including a mini artbook. Seems the game should include all dlc . so lets spread the word for a language English subtitles option and we will have the definitive edition.

think I'll be purchasing that DQB vita if it gets listed on AmiAmi or comparable.

Hopefully it's not crazy limited or crazy expensive to import.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Parakeetman Grand Kingdom comes out next week are you doing OT for that?

I think? i had claimed it? or did I forget to? nem seems busy so the list hasnt been updated yet. No response by pm either so figure his work has picked up.

Should be able to do it otherwise.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Just wondering, looking forward to that.

Its funny earlier today was worried if I had forgotten about it, but when was at the shop saw its next week.

Project X Zone 2 was today though. Not like Ill be getting to it anytime soon though. For such an expensive POS the box is beyond plain not to mention pretty much the same size as a DS one.

I found some net high gameplay and I don't understand at all what's going on. Would you care to enlight me?

https://youtu.be/HL0YJJPERSc

Part 2

https://youtu.be/J21a1Z6MU6k

Edit:crap, I just saw in some scans that the game has some heavy fanservice *Scratchesofthelist*:|

I still have hope for:

Grand Kingdom
Exist archive
God wars
(Root letter)
13 Sentinels
World of FF
Saga:scarlet grace
Project setsuna
Attack on titan
Digimon world
DQ builders
Ray Gigant
Stranger of sword city
(Makai Shin Trillion)
(Coven and labyrinth)
Hero must die

I am in when it comes to NA. It is weird how they made the world leaders all look almost Japanese. Can't wait to play as Japanese Abraham Lincoln.

sid-meier-s-civilization-revolution-2-plus-ps-vita.jpg

incpdo

It's been long since i was pretty exited about a tactics like rpg. God wars seems pretty good. I'm crossing my fingers for localization to happen.

Ryan95

I can finally play SAOLS on Vita , and I'd like to share my first impressions about it after playing about 2 hours:
It's a little too early to talk about the story, but I think it will probably be structured like HF story was, which I didn't mind.
About the graphics, I expected it to be not on par with PS3(and obviously PS4), but in this case the OLED helps brightening all the colors A LOT. What left me a little disappointed was the low resolution of environment and character models, even though everything is still very enjoyable to see.
Gameplay-wise, I felt the action formula chosen for this installment is much more movement- free and satisfying than HF, where I felt the actions were too bound to a 2D perspective, that is, everything happened on a single plane, and only let forward, step back and lateral movements. Considering this aspect, the flying and jumping feature in LS is a very huge improvement over HF IMHO, and I personally hope they follow this direction in HR. Finally, I found combat very dynamic and fast.

Prelude.

I can finally play SAOLS on Vita , and I'd like to share my first impressions about it after playing about 2 hours:
It's a little too early to talk about the story, but I think it will probably be structured like HF story was, which I didn't mind.
About the graphics, I expected it to be not on par with PS3(and obviously PS4), but in this case the OLED helps brightening all the colors A LOT. What left me a little disappointed was the low resolution of environment and character models, even though everything is still very enjoyable to see.
Gameplay-wise, I felt the action formula chosen for this installment is much more movement- free and satisfying than HF, where I felt the actions were too bound to a 2D perspective, that is, everything happened on a single plane, and only let forward, step back and lateral movements. Considering this aspect, the flying and jumping feature in LS is a very huge improvement over HF IMHO, and I personally hope they follow this direction in HR. Finally, I found combat very dynamic and fast.
What's wrong with the character models? They look fine.

Tizoc

THE ULTIMATE BETRAYLATHON
NINTY YOU AMAZING LOVABLE BASTARDS
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Now stop being jerks S-E and release DQ7 on PSN

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I didn't see it but I have seen a lot of tweets, what is it that made you so impressed?

A super strong 3DS RPG lineup for next year and that's without announcing anything like Pokémon Z/Monster Hunter X or Monster Hunter Stories. A bunch of decent Wii U releases like TP HD and Pokken Tournament. Star Fox looking good. Pokemon Picross, the game that makes too much sense.

Quick question about switching from one Vita to another: if I buy a new one, I just have to take the memory card from one and pop it in the other, right? There's no backing up necessary?

Bowl0l

No, it's not - apparently that error is a DNS issue.

You could try rebooting your router then attempting another download, or you could switch to Google's DNS server as most people end up having to do.
I have switched to Google DNS. when i download, i can't open PSN store.

Tizoc

A super strong 3DS RPG lineup for next year and that's without announcing anything like Pokémon Z/Monster Hunter X or Monster Hunter Stories. A bunch of decent Wii U releases like TP HD and Pokken Tournament. Star Fox looking good. Pokemon Picross, the game that makes too much sense.

cloud_smash.0.0.jpg

Come on now :V

Shun

Its funny earlier today was worried if I had forgotten about it, but when was at the shop saw its next week.

Project X Zone 2 was today though. Not like Ill be getting to it anytime soon though. For such an expensive POS the box is beyond plain not to mention pretty much the same size as a DS one.

Seriously... waiting until sale price like how first bombed.

Also Parakeetman, should I watch Girls und Panzer. Movie comes out soon. I download and tried the iPhone game but it sucks...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Seriously... waiting until sale price like how first bombed.

Also Parakeetman, should I watch Girls und Panzer. Movie comes out soon. I download and tried the iPhone game but it sucks...

Bombed is the wrong way to look at PXZ though, it was more of an aggressive sale ideology. It actually sold tremendously above expectations in the west and they've gone so far as to state that the whole reason there is a PXZ2 is because of those sales.

Now I have seen the direct and I agree that next year seems to be great for nintendo, as someone that don't own a Nintendo console though I thought that most of the games had allready been released.

One thing that surprised me even more more was how they talked about DLC, micro transactions and map packs.

Well well the people that own Nintendo consoles seems happy and that is the most important thing :)

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
NINTY YOU AMAZING LOVABLE BASTARDS
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Now stop being jerks S-E and release DQ7 on PSN

DQ7 was pretty boring.

I had the attention span of a zen master when I was a teenager, but DQ7 was a very bloated game in my opinion.

I heard they made some much needed improvements for the 3DS release.

Wattam, There came an echo, big fest and video ball playable on PSX!

Along with:

Abzu
Alekhine’s Gun
Alienation
Amplitude
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
Assault Android Cactus
Battleborn
Beyond: Two Souls
BigFest
Bloodborne: The Old Hunters
Broforce
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Chasm
Cosmic Star Heroine
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Dark Souls 3
Darkest Dungeon
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Dead Star
Death Tales
Death’s Gambit
Destiny: The Taken King
Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition
Distance
Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition
Drawn To Death
Drifter
Drive!Drive!Drive!
Driveclub: Bikes & DLC
Dungeon Defenders II
EarthNight
What Remains of Edith Finch
EITR
Enter the Gungeon
Far Cry Primal
Fat Princess Adventures
Firewatch
For Honor
FutureGrind
Gang Beasts
GNOG
Gravity Ghost
Gravity Rush Remastered
Guitar Hero Live
Guns Up!
Gunsport
Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star
Heavy Rain
Helldivers Democracy Strikes Back Edition
Invisible, Inc.
Just Cause 3
Kerbal Space Program
Kill Strain
Killing Floor 2
Klaus
LEGO Dimensions
LEGO Marvel’s Avengers
Lichdom: Battlemage
Life Goes On: Done to Death
Life is Strange
Lost Sea
Manifold Garden
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Megadimension Neptunia
Metrico+
MLB The Show 15
Moon Hunters
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
NBA 2K16
New Hot Shots Golf (working title)
Night in the Woods
Not a Hero
Nuclear Throne
Pavilion
Phineas & Ferb: Day of Doofenshmirtz
Randall
Ratchet & Clank
Ray’s the Dead
Resident Evil 0
Revolver360 RE:Actor
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS
Salt and Sanctuary
Screencheat
Sentris
Severed
Shadow of the Beast
Skytorn
SmuggleCraft
Soft Body
Space Dave
Star Wars Battlefront
Stories: The Path of Destinies
Street Fighter V
Strike Vector
Super Impossible Road
Superbeat: Xonic
Tearaway Unfolded
The King of Fighters XIV
The Tomorrow Children
There Came an Echo
Thumper
To Leave
Tricky Towers
Tumblestone
Umbrella Corps
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (multiplayer)
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Videoball
Viking Squad
Wattam
WWE 2K16

Edit:Great list imo, but where is samurai gunn?!

Top Bottom