• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Now I have seen the direct and I agree that next year seems to be great for nintendo, as someone that don't own a Nintendo console though I thought that most of the games had allready been released.

One thing that surprised me even more more was how they talked about DLC, micro transactions and map packs.

Well well the people that own Nintendo consoles seems happy and that is the most important thing :)

They started their DLC push with Fire Emblem Awakening. Some were ripoffs, others were good to great editions including a days of future past sort of scenario which was quite cool. Most of them were released in small bundles every week or so for a slight discount, or unbundled. Pretty standard fare for that level of game from Japan.

Since then they've experimented with season passes, free to start, games with piles of completely free dlc like Splatoon.

Hyrule Warriors in particular should be commended for its DLC. For a little over 10 bucks you got almost as many characters as the game comes with, 3 new challenge maps (which take a hundred hours or more by themselves to complete) and about a dozen new weapons. It's like a giant expansion pack rolled out over a few months. Splatoon has also been like that, only 100% free. Mario Kart and Smash 4 have been mixtures of free and paid content.

incpdo

Not to offend anyone but why are we talking Nintendo on a psn thread? I like Nintendo but has something happened ?

RK128

While Nintendo is on the topic, I enjoyed the direct and was happy with all the announcements.

As a 2DS and Vita owner, its nice knowing that 2016 is going to be great to the 2DS like its going to be for Vita (so much indie and JP stuff is coming to Vita, but with DQ 7 & 8, VC Pokemon R/YB, and so much more.....I'm going to be very busy next year on both consoles XD!).

The Wii U side was just okay to me but I did not expect Cloud to be in Smash Bros......I see him as more of a Sony character then a Nintendo one (had similar feelings with Snake but at least he had a handful of games on Nintendo (NES, GBC, GC, 3DS); FFVII never come out on Nintendo systems). I wonder if this is where the 'first on PlayStation' from the E3 trailer of FFVII Remake comes from; it coming to NX six or so months after is PS4 launch.

Either way, good show and its nice seeing Nintendo support their handheld.

I was kinda hoping for a confirmation that SMT4F is coming. It obviously is knowing Atlus, but having a new SMT and Persona game on the same year would be a blessing for me lol. As crammed as 2016 is, if your game releases around the same time as any of these two, you better believe I won't be picking it up lol.

EDIT: Ugh. I can't even.

CTqPX-3UAAA85g3.jpg
015656ab1f8a98c4a300f1f4ee62117f93e4.0.jpg

In my veins.

RK128

I understand that actually. It kinda fits better than snake imo

Its iffy for both of them; Snake had some appearances on Nintendo but the series didn't appear on Nintendo consoles often, while FF is famous on Nintendo consoles but many of the main-line entrees from FFVII onward were PlayStation Exclusive (only coming to Xbox as well starting with FFXIII). So both are iffy series to represent on Nintendo.

But FF is more famous on Nintendo, its just that FFVII never is linked to Nintendo, its linked to PlayStation.

I honestly want to see Crash, Spyro and Lara Croft (PS1/PS2 Series version) to appear in Smash just to spite PS All Stars, as Smash 4 is shaping up to be a better Sony Smash then PS All Stars was regarding its third party guests.

RK128

I was kinda hoping for a confirmation that SMT4F is coming. It obviously is knowing Atlus, but having a new SMT and Persona game on the same year would be a blessing for me lol. As crammed as 2016 is, if your game releases around the same time as any of these two, you better believe I won't be picking it up lol.

I see it still coming Names; the direct was packed with announcements, so Nintendo might be saving that for early 2016.

incpdo

Its iffy for both of them; Snake had some appearances on Nintendo but the series didn't appear on Nintendo consoles often, while FF is famous on Nintendo consoles but many of the main-line entrees from FFVII onward were PlayStation Exclusive (only coming to Xbox as well starting with FFXIII). So both are iffy series to represent on Nintendo.

But FF is more famous on Nintendo, its just that FFVII never is linked to Nintendo, its linked to PlayStation.

I honestly want to see Crash, Spyro and Lara Croft (PS1/PS2 Series version) to appear in Smash just to spite PS All Stars, as Smash 4 is shaping up to be a better Sony Smash then PS All Stars was regarding its third party guests.
I was talking design wise. I do not think this characters should be on smash . there is much better chars they could have selected and that belongs to Nintendo.

MrHoot

I hope in a kinda dark way Sony keeps feeling ashamed with the awful mess that was PSASBR. Especially now with Cloud in smash, it's just a slap in their face as a DIRECT COMPETITOR is more competent at upholding part of their legacy than them (first snake, now cloud). Even more if they managed to get a hold of Crash, Lara or Spyro.

RK128

I was talking design wise. I do not think this characters should be on smash . there is much better chars they could have selected and that belongs to Nintendo.

Design wise, he fits nicely with the Fire Emblem characters and Shulk, but I will agree that Cloud is a very strange pick for Smash. I would have picked a Dragon Quest character or one of the classes from FFI/FFII as a smash fighter, but I guess with the FFVII Remake coming down the line, it is smarter to push the FFVII Brand through Smash I guess.

Looking forward to his moveset and the tracks they use for the Wii U version.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SMT IV Final is coming, don't need to worry about that one. Probably within four months of the Japanese launch too. Atlus has been rock solid with 3DS localizations. It's Europe that's gotta wait.

SMT IV Final is coming, don't need to worry about that one. Probably within four months of the Japanese launch too. Atlus has been rock solid with 3DS localizations. It's Europe that's gotta wait.
Atlus does not disappoint. SMTIV did super well, and everyone holds it to high esteem. Putting the brand name aside, not bringing it would simply be a mistake. 4 or so months sounds about right, it'd be a June release which would make it close to the Japanese release of Persona 5. Then in the Fall we'd get the latter.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Design wise, he fits nicely with the Fire Emblem characters and Shulk, but I will agree that Cloud is a very strange pick for Smash. I would have picked a Dragon Quest character or one of the classes from FFI/FFII as a smash fighter, but I guess with the FFVII Remake coming down the line, it is smarter to push the FFVII Brand through Smash I guess.

Looking forward to his moveset and the tracks they use for the Wii U version.

Cloud is the big ticket FF star despite only being in Nintendo games with cameo roles (Various KH titles, Tittyrythm, Explorers) and it probably means that NX FF VII remake is a matter of when not if.

The only other choice even close to Cloud would have been Lightning for her giant modern push but that's seemingly over. She would have fit in nicely. Also its not like this is even Cloud's first fighting game cameo. (Brawl wasn't Snake's first fighting game either!)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Seriously... waiting until sale price like how first bombed.

Also Parakeetman, should I watch Girls und Panzer. Movie comes out soon. I download and tried the iPhone game but it sucks...

the game isnt bad but the ai is stupid on the vita ver.

bout the movie of you are a fan go for it

Shun

the game isnt bad but the ai is stupid on the vita ver.

bout the movie of you are a fan go for it

No I haven't even seen the anime, sorry I word wrong.

What I meant was should I watch the TV anime since movie is out soon.

I tried the free iPhone mobage and it sucked so I was wondering if the show was any good.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
No I haven't even seen the anime, sorry I word wrong.

What I meant was should I watch the TV anime since movie is out soon.

I tried the free iPhone mobage and it sucked so I was wondering if the show was any good.

the show granted some stuff is unrealistic overall was quite enjoyable

autoduelist

Spinning in circles trying to sort out what game to play next. Last serious game was the DT2 plat. I tried to get back into both Freedom Wars and then Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (played the demo and really enjoyed it, but not feeling it now). Beat Thomas Was Alone.

On PS4, fully addicted to TLOUR MP survivor mode, even though I have a stack of other games to play. Feeling rather burnt out.

I wish I could magically make Stranger of Sword City come out today. Should I go with Criminal Girls, Hyperdimension Nep, or go old school and play backlogged PSP srpgs?

It's ridiculous, but despite having over 200g of games.. the two games I really want to play right now are Brandish or Eye of Judgement, neither of which I own. Same with ps4 -- I want Dragon Quest, even though I've got plenty of solid choices on the shelf. Which is always the case, I guess... always wanting something I don't have.

Tizoc

*Curves unto himself and cries at a corner*

Not to offend anyone but why are we talking Nintendo on a psn thread? I like Nintendo but has something happened ?

I was just interested to hear what made the direct so good because I couldn't see anything special with what got announced(mostly dlc characters, micro transactions, sequels, map packs, rebranded games and remakes).

I'm happy that we got to see some gameplay from steamworld heist though and I'm not gonna lie, it felt refreshing to see so many japanese games without any fan service(still burned by yesterday's realization that Net High is just another missed opportunity IMO):)

Edit: no banner saga, bastion or Xcom on the PSX list. Could this mean we're getting them soon or that they are far far away?

Edit 2:speaking of fan service, lost song is up on the EU store and I just bought it in the hope of getting hollow realization localized in the future ;)
(from a distance it looks like they have sacrificed the strategic gameplay in hollow Fragment for a more advanced control of movement in lost song, but we'll see)

Prelude.

Yeah, but talk about nintendo somewhere appropriate, though.
I know it's hard to believe for you but some people aren't interested in the slightest.

Steins;Gate 0's "RINE" system, complete with Christina stickers!
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTsAqxQW4AAjhGm.jpg:orig[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's amazing. Will triggering flags be even more confusing?

maouvin

Edit: on a different topic:

apparently there are demos up on the JP store for both Grand Kingdom and Net High. Where will I be able to read impressions?

(is it common with impressions treads for demos here?)

Didn't play Net High. Nor plan to do, since I can't japonês.

Grand Kingdom demo seems legit. Played just the first mission for now (move around a map fighting enemies until you reach the goal panel). The map movement is just like GKH, with the enemies moving whenever you move (or press X to spend a move and stay on the same place). You have a limited number of moves each mission, and I guess you fail if you spend it all before reaching the goal point.

Battle is well different from GKH. Where in the latter you placed your units on a grid and just attacked in turns, here you can (and will) move your units back and forth and between three lanes. Flanking and back attacking is possible this way. Moving is limited by an AP bar, like Valkyria Chronicles - you can't even cancel your actions, so if you move wrong you can't redo it (or I didn't find how to - pressing X just cancels the unit's turn).

Usually, characters have an attack with unlimited uses (set to Circle) and some with limited uses per mission. Attacking costs AP too, but I'm not sure if it's a separated AP bar from the one used in moving (it probably is). Fighter can attack multiple times, combo'ing, and will automatically assumed a Guard stance after his turn. Guarding attacks uses AP, so if you spend it all attacking you won't be able to block much stuff.
He doesn't have a limited use attack, just normal attack and Guard.

Archer and Witch have long ranged attacks. Range is fixed, to you need to adjust your distance. There's friendly fire too, to it's not save to use them agains an enemy near your fighter.
Their common (circle) attacks target an area that would fit around 4 enemies if justaposed. A cursor will move on the ground inside that area (from left to right), and the attack will land whenever the cursor is when you press circle. After the first attack you have a limited time to attack again and combo. If you stay a few seconds without attacking the turn will end (and unspent AP will be saved for the nexr turn).
Archer's limited use attack is a strong charged shot that hits the first unit in the lane (including your own units). Witch's limited attack is a lightining bolt that hits everyone in the lane (again, including allie).

The cleric can throw a potion to damage enemies, throw healing potions to heal allies and drop healing bags for other units to pick up and heal.

Didn't see anything about choosing a Kingdom to fight for and such yet. For now, I enjoyed the combat more than GKH. Need to find some more time to play the rest of the demo. For now, I'd be most pleased to see this coming here, but let's wait for impressions for the full thing (Parakeetman pls).

And there's some demo footage on Youtube already, so go check those if you must :)

Didn't play Net High. Nor plan to do, since I can't japonês.

Grand Kingdom demo seems legit. Played just the first mission for now (move around a map fighting enemies until you reach the goal panel). The map movement is just like GKH, with the enemies moving whenever you move (or press X to spend a move and stay on the same place). You have a limited number of moves each mission, and I guess you fail if you spend it all before reaching the goal point.

Battle is well different from GKH. Where in the latter you placed your units on a grid and just attacked in turns, here you can (and will) move your units back and forth and between three lanes. Flanking and back attacking is possible this way. Moving is limited by an AP bar, like Valkyria Chronicles - you can't even cancel your actions, so if you move wrong you can't redo it (or I didn't find how to - pressing X just cancels the unit's turn).

Usually, characters have an attack with unlimited uses (set to Circle) and some with limited uses per mission. Attacking costs AP too, but I'm not sure if it's a separated AP bar from the one used in moving (it probably is). Fighter can attack multiple times, combo'ing, and will automatically assumed a Guard stance after his turn. Guarding attacks uses AP, so if you spend it all attacking you won't be able to block much stuff.
He doesn't have a limited use attack, just normal attack and Guard.

Archer and Witch have long ranged attacks. Range is fixed, to you need to adjust your distance. There's friendly fire too, to it's not save to use them agains an enemy near your fighter.
Their common (circle) attacks target an area that would fit around 4 enemies if justaposed. A cursor will move on the ground inside that area (from left to right), and the attack will land whenever the cursor is when you press circle. After the first attack you have a limited time to attack again and combo. If you stay a few seconds without attacking the turn will end (and unspent AP will be saved for the nexr turn).
Archer's limited use attack is a strong charged shot that hits the first unit in the lane (including your own units). Witch's limited attack is a lightining bolt that hits everyone in the lane (again, including allie).

The cleric can throw a potion to damage enemies, throw healing potions to heal allies and drop healing bags for other units to pick up and heal.

Didn't see anything about choosing a Kingdom to fight for and such yet. For now, I enjoyed the combat more than GKH. Need to find some more time to play the rest of the demo. For now, I'd be most pleased to see this coming here, but let's wait for impressions for the full thing (Parakeetman pls).

And there's some demo footage on Youtube already, so go check those if you must :)

Thank you for such an in depth first impression, the game sound like a lot of fun and please return with a post after you have finished the demo :)

Tizoc

Yo PS4GAF don't sleep out on Spelunker World
It may have strict rules but it's easy to get into, really had a blast playing it today.

You don't even need to spend a single fucking dime or penny on it, just play stages, unlock stuff, get abilities and you'll be beasting later levels with more ease.

Powwa

I got a notification mail from Play-Asia, apparently Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs Force English-Asian version has been delayed to February 2016.

Tizoc

I got a notification mail from Play-Asia, apparently Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs Force English-Asian version has been delayed to February 2016.

Phew, good can't afford a lot of games atm.
BUT WHAT IF IT IS A SIGN!

Ambitious

CTteVgEUAAEanm-.png:large

What's going on with those two themes? This looks like a download progress bar. But I've waited for a while, there's no progress. And there's a Delete option in the context menu, so they have to be installed, right? When I select one of them, nothing happens.

here's my Lost Song first impression.

First I have to comment on how beautiful the game looks on dat OLED. I played a demo of the PS4 version at Comicon Stockholm (sweden) a couple of weeks ago and I remember that I found it a little over saturated, but that could be because of the settings on the TV. On my vita though the game uses a palette of pastel colors and IMO it's a beautiful game.

I bought it mostly because I want them to localize Hollow Realizations and the idea was that I just wanted to just try it and then go back to finishing Steins;Gate but I got sucked into the game and have now played it non stop for 5-6 hours.

We'll see what happens, but I'm really enjoying it this far :)

RK128

here's my Lost Song first impression.

First I have to comment on how beautiful the game looks on dat OLED. I played a demo of the PS4 version at Comicon Stockholm (sweden) a couple of weeks ago and I remember that I found it a little over saturated, but that could be because of the settings on the TV. On my vita though the game uses a palette of pastel colors and IMO it's a beautiful game.

I bought it mostly because I want them to localize Hollow Realizations and the idea was that I just wanted to just try it and then go back to finishing Steins;Gate but I got sucked into the game and have now played it non stop for 5-6 hours.

We'll see what happens, but I'm really enjoying it this far :)

Glad you are enjoying it :D!

Going back into my backlog of games on my Vita and randomly decided to open up PS1 Tomb Raider. Got it for a buck during some PSN Sale and I never really tried it.

The game is really good so far and my impressions are the following:
-Looks great on the Vita screen
-The movement controls are a bit odd but it feels oddly smooth with the D-Pad
-The movement is a bit stiff and it leads to combat not feeling as great as it should be but it works
-The swimming controls are fantastic
-The music is amazing so far; love the main menu theme a lot :').
-The first level seems to be very open; perfect playground for testing out the controls

Going to play more of this and re-install Legend & Anniversary PSP on my Vita tonight :).

kevin1025

Banned
Wattam, There came an echo, big fest and video ball playable on PSX!

Along with:

List

Edit:Great list imo, but where is samurai gunn?!

That's a fantastic list! I am hoping Ronin is mentioned, that one's been quiet for a bit. Same with The Bannger Saga, it's been quiet for both the first and second games, even though the first was supposedly coming in the fall. And good to hear Ray's the Dead is going to be there, I've been looking forward to it since it was announced. But that list overall has so many great games incoming.

RK128

That's a fantastic list! I am hoping Ronin is mentioned, that one's been quiet for a bit. Same with The Bannger Saga, it's been quiet for both the first and second games, even though the first was supposedly coming in the fall. And good to hear Ray's the Dead is going to be there, I've been looking forward to it since it was announced. But that list overall has so many great games incoming.

The Vita has too many games man XD!

Have they announced ronin for the vita. The only thing I remember was some devolver showreel at e3(?) and they said somwhere that every game in that video will come to the vita, but that they said nothing at the time when they showed it.

Imo ronin would be lovely on the vita, to the people that only seen trailers i recommend giant bombs quick look, because that game doesn't look anything special if you just see the trailer.

Kudo

how is this the first i've heard of this. do we know anything about the game other than that post / screenshots?

Played it for 6 hours straight yesterday and I have to say it's really great so far. Can't wait to continue my world conquest.

kevin1025

Banned
Have they announced ronin for the vita. The only thing I remember was some devolver showreel at e3(?) and they said somwhere that every game in that video will come to the vita, but that they said nothing at the time when they showed it.

Imo ronin would be lovely on the vita, to the people that only seen trailers i recommend giant bombs quick look, because that game doesn't look anything special if you just see the trailer.

Ronin is coming to Vita as well as PS4, according to the Playstation Blog! When it was announced it was for late 2015, but... we are in it now, so I'm hoping PSX mentions it as an update.

Ronin is coming to Vita as well as PS4, according to the Playstation Blog! When it was announced it was for late 2015, but... we are in it now, so I'm hoping PSX mentions it as an update.

That is some great news, there are so many great games announced for the vita and I'm crossing my fingers that they will all come out eventually :)

incpdo

I was just interested to hear what made the direct so good because I couldn't see anything special with what got announced(mostly dlc characters, micro transactions, sequels, map packs, rebranded games and remakes).

I'm happy that we got to see some gameplay from steamworld heist though and I'm not gonna lie, it felt refreshing to see so many japanese games without any fan service(still burned by yesterday's realization that Net High is just another missed opportunity IMO):)

Edit: no banner saga, bastion or Xcom on the PSX list. Could this mean we're getting them soon or that they are far far away?

Edit 2:speaking of fan service, lost song is up on the EU store and I just bought it in the hope of getting hollow realization localized in the future ;)
(from a distance it looks like they have sacrificed the strategic gameplay in hollow Fragment for a more advanced control of movement in lost song, but we'll see)
Yeah I like Nintendo but overall the direct wasn't nearly as good as they say. I'm not saying the nintendo direct wasn't good . I'm happy Nintendo players are happy with what they will have. But I'm probably the only one who thinks the new Zelda U although beautiful feels empty and uninspired. Some gamecube ports that I think are pretty good but I also think why is good when wiiu gets ports and not when vita gets them. Anyway I understand this direct at least got some content even when it was nothing surprising ( except for cloud) the conclusion is : they were hyped, I'm happy for them for real. I think Wii U and Vita are like sisters in some point. The minority but both premium class underrated consoles.

RK128

Yeah I like Nintendo but overall the direct wasn't nearly as good as they say. I'm not saying the nintendo direct wasn't good . I'm happy Nintendo players are happy with what they will have. But I'm probably the only one who thinks the new Zelda U although beautiful feels empty and uninspired. Some gamecube ports that I think are pretty good but I also think why is good when wiiu gets ports and not when vita gets them. Anyway I understand this direct at least got some content even when it was nothing surprising ( except for cloud) the conclusion is : they were hyped, I'm happy for them for real. I think Wii U and Vita are like sisters in some point. The minority but both premium class underrated consoles.

To answer your points:
-We barely saw enough of Zelda U to properly judge it
-TP HD's hype is a mixture of a lack of software coming to Wii U and the fact its the Zelda that can really get a lot of improvements from a HD remaster; not the fact that its a remaster/port of a GC game

I agree with you on how similar the Wii U and the Vita are; different sides of the same coin. The Wii U has a lot of first party support but little to none third party support while the Vita has a ton of third party support from JP and Indie developers but has a clear lack of first party support (though the first party support the Vita did get from 2012-2014 was good/great; loved Tearaway, Killzone, Gravity Rush, Wipeout and Soul Sacrifice :D).

Top Bottom