• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

RK128

How's Super Time Force Ultra?

It depends on which platform you play it on honestly.

On PS4, it seems to run better and have tighter controls, making the game experience as a whole fun. The time-gimmick the game has must work better too I imagine.

On Vita, the game looks as great as it does on PS4 but it feels really 'heavy' and unresponsive; making the time gimmick really annoying to use honestly.

I didn't play much of the game (only on Vita) so my view point is likely wrong, but I feel the game has great ideas but the core gameplay itself feels to stiff for an action/platforming shooter.

autoduelist

are the Atelier games good

Depends? They're good if you can overcome a few issues.

You go around collecting ingredients to craft. Crafting is deep and rewarding. Going to areas is... not so much. You can collect ingredients and optionally fight combat -- combat is basic jrpg stuff. Story is lighthearted -- you aren't saving the world, just on a mild adventure.

The sticking point for many is that everything - travelling to areas, crafting, etc, takes time [say, 3 days, or 5 days] and there is a time limit on the games. The time limit is generous, but if you like to craft craft craft or otherwise feel like dawdling, it becomes stressful as you wonder if you're taking too much time. If you are apt to be bothered by this, it'll bother you. If not, then go for it. [I gave up on several because they are not for me]

Christian

It depends on which platform you play it on honestly.

On PS4, it seems to run better and have tighter controls, making the game experience as a whole fun. The time-gimmick the game has must work better too I imagine.

On Vita, the game looks as great as it does on PS4 but it feels really 'heavy' and unresponsive; making the time gimmick really annoying to use honestly.

I didn't play much of the game (only on Vita) so my view point is likely wrong, but I feel the game has great ideas but the core gameplay itself feels to stiff for an action/platforming shooter.

Thanks for the feedback. That's disappointing. I have Vita and PS4, but no doubt I would be playing predominantly on Vita. I just finished Shovel Knight and, man, that game is a blast. I thought STFU might scratch the same itch.

Anyone have opinions on Sayonara Umihara Kawase+? Any reason not to import a physical copy?? Is there an English language physical version floating around in any region?

How do I check if it's direct connection or not?
I think it is.
But both PS3 and PS4 is connected to the same router.

I'm not at home atm but there should be an option on your PS4 to change it. Also make sure that your Vita isn't in battery saving more for your wireless network. Although you won't be connecting to your internet, the Vita will treat the PS4 as a router.

RK128

Thanks for the feedback. That's disappointing. I have Vita and PS4, but no doubt I would be playing predominantly on Vita. I just finished Shovel Knight and, man, that game is a blast. I thought STFU might scratch the same itch.

Anyone have opinions on Sayonara Umihara Kawase+? Any reason not to import a physical copy?? Is there an English language physical version floating around in any region?

I have no idea about if the game has a retail copy or not, but I won the game from a YouTube contest and really enjoyed what I played of it :).

It is sorta like Bionic Commando but instead of a Bionic Arm, you have a fishing poll, with both mirroring each other in functionality (fishing poll can be used to gabble on walls and items, and you can pull them to you/pull yourself to the wall).

The game is a bit tricky, but the game is quite fun and it even comes with the JP-only SNES version too. Lots of content and if you find it at a great price, highly recommend it :).

data

Are there going to be any downsides to playing TWD S1 on PC first and S2 on PS4? and is the PS4 port okay? I always hear people complaining about the console ports

Are there going to be any downsides to playing TWD S1 on PC first and S2 on PS4? and is the PS4 port okay? I always hear people complaining about the console ports

You'll miss out on your save data carrying over by not playing on the same platform all the way through.

Bowl0l

@PS TV/Vita TV owners, is it normal that transferring games Vita TV to PC via LAN is slower than through Vita's USB?
It takes me 21 minutes to transfer 1.8GB via LAN (connected at the same router)...

It's no Shovel Knight, but the game has really satisfied me (on Vita). Have only played on Vita, but I never thought the game was sluggish at all, it really plays perfectly for what it is IMO. Your meant to use the time mechanics, so not being able to avoid everything completely deftly is fine for me. It makes the game a fun uphill fight. Obviously if it was snappier it might be a little better, but its been a blast so far!

Reposting from the Tecmo Koei sale thread because I'm trying to get a response/opinion before the sale ends:

The gameplay tends to drag itself and get repetitive towards the end.
The pacing also could be better. You can spend hours on battle and then hours just watching cutscenes and dialogue.

The story ? Probably one of the best I have seen recently.

The game is a follow up to Ciel nosurge (read here: http://www.unit03.net/view/Ciel_nosurge/Summary) that wasn't localized and probably never will be. Even as it own thing, it stands as a good story with pretty interesting characters.

Other people can explain this better than me, but let's say that this is a game that pulls you in into this world and makes you care about the characters and what's happening.

EDIT:

Read above. Do it.

Yeah, Ar nosurge (plus too) is a steal at $20. Played the Vita version earlier this year. Tons of content and it's obvious that a lot of love went into the game's development. Just make sure you read the summary of Ciel first.

Debating getting this game, it being story focused makes it a little more appealing that Ayesha, but I've heard the game's dialogue can drag on for a long time? Personally, I like games these days more and more where I can make meaningful progress of some kind in less than an hour, and I've heard that just using the crafting system can have characters discuss what was crafted for half an hour afterwards? That's seems like a major problem in pacing for me.

The praise for the game has interested me, but I'm really not sure if I'd be able to get into a game that takes its sweet time getting going, not unless I really like the game and meaningful progression is happening, even when characters talk for hours. Is the world in a linear corridor kind of fashion, or is there some exploration or open environments? Sidequests that don't involve crafting? Apparently it is necessary for the true end? Not sure how I feel about that :/.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Didn't play Net High. Nor plan to do, since I can't japonês.

Grand Kingdom demo seems legit. Played just the first mission for now (move around a map fighting enemies until you reach the goal panel). The map movement is just like GKH, with the enemies moving whenever you move (or press X to spend a move and stay on the same place). You have a limited number of moves each mission, and I guess you fail if you spend it all before reaching the goal point.

Battle is well different from GKH. Where in the latter you placed your units on a grid and just attacked in turns, here you can (and will) move your units back and forth and between three lanes. Flanking and back attacking is possible this way. Moving is limited by an AP bar, like Valkyria Chronicles - you can't even cancel your actions, so if you move wrong you can't redo it (or I didn't find how to - pressing X just cancels the unit's turn).

Usually, characters have an attack with unlimited uses (set to Circle) and some with limited uses per mission. Attacking costs AP too, but I'm not sure if it's a separated AP bar from the one used in moving (it probably is). Fighter can attack multiple times, combo'ing, and will automatically assumed a Guard stance after his turn. Guarding attacks uses AP, so if you spend it all attacking you won't be able to block much stuff.
He doesn't have a limited use attack, just normal attack and Guard.

Archer and Witch have long ranged attacks. Range is fixed, to you need to adjust your distance. There's friendly fire too, to it's not save to use them agains an enemy near your fighter.
Their common (circle) attacks target an area that would fit around 4 enemies if justaposed. A cursor will move on the ground inside that area (from left to right), and the attack will land whenever the cursor is when you press circle. After the first attack you have a limited time to attack again and combo. If you stay a few seconds without attacking the turn will end (and unspent AP will be saved for the nexr turn).
Archer's limited use attack is a strong charged shot that hits the first unit in the lane (including your own units). Witch's limited attack is a lightining bolt that hits everyone in the lane (again, including allie).

The cleric can throw a potion to damage enemies, throw healing potions to heal allies and drop healing bags for other units to pick up and heal.

Didn't see anything about choosing a Kingdom to fight for and such yet. For now, I enjoyed the combat more than GKH. Need to find some more time to play the rest of the demo. For now, I'd be most pleased to see this coming here, but let's wait for impressions for the full thing (Parakeetman pls).

And there's some demo footage on Youtube already, so go check those if you must :)

game is quite interesting, only issue i would have with it at the moment is being unable to skip the special animations for the support attacks and such during combat as it ruins the tempo

If they could improve loading times too that would help the game a also.

But overall it does seem to be quite the complete package and well done from the demo. Real nice looking game and the actual mechanics do seem to have a fair amount of depth to them.

The demo itself seems to go through the preset party tutorial mission, introduction to the guild and making new characters (limited to fighter, mage, healer, archer), next a mission using the new party. Once that is completed the game allows the player to make a contracts with the 4 kingdoms and play the online mode.

Still not sure on all the things online related but seems to be a good way to make money and gain exp if you win battles. Am guessing that the game isnt head to head but more takes player data for specific conflict region and switches on the default or user specified AI pattern. Seems to be pretty fast paced also.

Posted that in the old thread about the game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1059509

Seems I haven't missed much in 4 days away.

That Civ Rev 2 Plus trailer was cool. Also some more Asterisk War footage released... I don't understand what genre this is supposed to be. I read Simulation RPG but it seems to be more like a fighting game from what I've seen.

Prelude.

@PS TV/Vita TV owners, is it normal that transferring games Vita TV to PC via LAN is slower than through Vita's USB?
It takes me 21 minutes to transfer 1.8GB via LAN (connected at the same router)...
How do you do that btw? I can't find a way to transfer files via ethernet.
I have to move a big file from the PSTV to the PC but it keeps failing via wi-fi after a while.

Edit: Oh, you're going through the router, not a direct connection. Well, fuck.

I have to move a big file from the PSTV to the PC but it keeps failing via wi-fi after a while.

You might be able to directly connect to a PC if you enable Internet Connection Sharing to the Ethernet port (essentially making the PC itself a router).

Prelude.

You might be able to directly connect to a PC if you enable Internet Connection Sharing to the Ethernet port (essentially making the PC itself a router).
I'll try that next time. It worked via wifi on the third try, maybe it's because I was using resource intensive stuff on my pc earlier.

Bowl0l

I have given up of PS TV. Besides the transfer files speed to PC via LAN being unstable, I keep getting Error Code: C0-1932-5 when I am downloading files from PSN.
I have tried setting Vita TV outside if NAT firewall (DMZ), use static IP, switching to LAN cable.

I have given up of PS TV. Besides the transfer files speed to PC via LAN being unstable, I keep getting Error Code: C0-1932-5 when I am downloading files from PSN.
I have tried setting Vita TV outside if NAT firewall (DMZ), use static IP, switching to LAN cable.

Do you mean C0-10932-5? If so, it's a DNS issue.

Go to Settings > Network > Wi-Fi > Your Wireless Network > Advanced Settings. Select "Manual" under the DNS heading.

Put in Google's DNS (or another if you prefer);

Because I got burned I traded it in quite a while back for something else at EB, sorry! Trust me you aren't missing much anyway.

nah, I've read extensive impressions and watched gameplay. Game looks fun as hell. I like really in depth punishing strategy games.

For all the hate it's still pretty expensive.

I need some Vita news. Itching for more after the speight of localization announcements recently.

On the plus side, Paranautical Activity has been rated by PEGI, so shouldn't be too far away.

Shizuka

I need some Vita news. Itching for more after the speight of localization announcements recently.

On the plus side, Paranautical Activity has been rated by PEGI, so shouldn't be too far away.

Super Star Wars is coming out for the Vita tomorrow, that's relatively new news.

incpdo

Super Star Wars is coming out for the Vita tomorrow, that's relatively new news.
I guess this has to be a remake of sorts because the game was a snes game and idk how the hell we are getting a snes game on vita ( not that I complain about it)

omg_mjd

Is RE Revelations 2 Vita still "bad"? I'm enjoying it a lot on my laptop but wouldn't mind having a Vita version if it was decent.

incpdo

Is RE Revelations 2 Vita still "bad"? I'm enjoying it a lot on my laptop but wouldn't mind having a Vita version if it was decent.
if you are already playing the pc version you will probably notice more all the flaws the game has. The game is not bad at all. The port is not perfect and has some flaws like in some parts the frame rate sub 25-20 fps or less but the new patch has improved the performance and the game looks better ( they change the gamma of the game ) . it definitely looks great imo even with the downgrades of graphics and performance. I'll recommend for you to see a gameplay ( last updated version) so you can see what you will get.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
if you are already playing the pc version you will probably notice more all the flaws the game has. The game is not bad at all. The port is not perfect and has some flaws like in some parts the frame rate sub 25-20 fps or less but the new patch has improved the performance and the game looks better ( they change the gamma of the game ) . it definitely looks great imo even with the downgrades of graphics and performance. I'll recommend for you to see a gameplay ( last updated version) so you can see what you will get.

I'd buy it on a sale. The game just looks pretty bad, but for the right price, I'd grab it.

i am at case 4 of danganronpa 2 and jesus it is just fucking dragging now.
Despite what some say, DR2 is definitely the lesser game in the duo. It has a few really awesome highlights but most of the game is underwhelming. Also the ending
has the worst literary cop out bullshit I have ever seen in a game. Which is actually somewhat impressive, since most games have utterly banal narratives.

Despite what some say, DR2 is definitely the lesser game in the duo. It has a few really awesome highlights but most of the game is underwhelming. [/spoiler]

Was beginning to think I was the only one who thought this way. I vastly preferred 1, and although I really loved 2, aside from the final two chapters I did find it less impressive than the first.

Meh =/

Tizoc

Stone Ocean said:
untitled1xp9l.png
Huehuehue

Bowl0l

Do you mean C0-10932-5? If so, it's a DNS issue.

Go to Settings > Network > Wi-Fi > Your Wireless Network > Advanced Settings. Select "Manual" under the DNS heading.

Put in Google's DNS (or another if you prefer);
Turns out it's my ISP fault.
After 30~50 minutes Vita download, somehow my PC Internet browser becomes sluggish.. Worse is the download will restart.

@gaf, is using a PS3 to download more stable?

Error codes so far:
C0-1932-5
C2-13245-5

I guess my opinion is skewered as I just plat'ed the PS4 version of the game and tried my Vita copy.

The frame rate annoyed me a bit since it made getting head shots harder against enemies which is a pretty big problem (I try and go for melee attacks where possible to conserve ammo). The lack of lighting on the game also hurts the appearance of the game in my opinion. It just looks drab compared to the console versions. The sound seems to be pretty bad as well.

I'll have to give it another shot at some point to really sink some time into the game, its not unplayable by any means, but I'd certainly hate to try the invisible mode on that port (it was already a nightmare on the PS4 version!)

Also, any idea when the PS EU Store updates with the new Vita games today? I was hoping to grab Super Star Wars as long as the port is good.

yaffi

Despite what some say, DR2 is definitely the lesser game in the duo. It has a few really awesome highlights but most of the game is underwhelming. Also the ending
has the worst literary cop out bullshit I have ever seen in a game. Which is actually somewhat impressive, since most games have utterly banal narratives.

Exactly my thoughts. Also the culprit's reasons for doing what they did were kinda... eh.

The second game has too many Deus ex Machina situations.

18-Volt

Expect Tag Team Blanc + Neptune vs Zombie Army to get announced for west around PSX in december.

Other than that, next localization announcements should be Luminous Arc Infinity for XSEED, Night Watch for NISA. Also I expect Mystery Chronicle to get localized, but I'm not sure who will pick it up.

Give a little time for games like Valkyrie Drive, Uppers, Tokyo Xanadu, Grand Kingdom and Exist Archive. Localization announcements usually happen 7-8 months after their Japanese release unless it's a really huge game like SMT4.

So, famitsu gave Net High 34/40(highest score this week (?), now I really want to read some impressions!

nah, I've read extensive impressions and watched gameplay. Game looks fun as hell. I like really in depth punishing strategy games.

For all the hate it's still pretty expensive.

I haven't finished the game but I find it one of the more interesting games for the Vita and was a little disappointed when I saw that their new game(god wars), at first glance, looked like a more standard isometric SRPG (unlike ND,LD,TTG).

BTW, you did play Frozen Synapse, right?!

RK128

The PSX is bound to have a lot of announcements for the Vita:
-Release date on Day of the Tentacle Remastered and other upcoming Vita indie games
-Localization announced (Bamco, Tecmo-Koei, Square, Idea Factory, ect) for Vita/PS4 titles
-Ports announced for Vita (X-Com, AC: Chronicles, Disney Infinity 3.0, Surprise Port, ect)

Top Bottom