• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

What's up with those "Arcade Archive" games on PS4, are the controls good?
Pretty expensive too but I'm tempted to get Mat Mania Exciting Hour :p

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I saw famitsu scans and Uppers shows new characters all with awesome designs... except one that really pops out, a typical anime student among yakuza-like characters, i mean i have nothing against a student being there, but it's the art style itself that it's different

think of someone drawn more or less like this:
sie_kensou_portrait_kof_xi_mugen_by_orochidarkkyo-d5mzh13.jpg

among characters that look more or less like this(but more colorful):
2-black-panther-yakuza-2-ashura-7.jpg

it's really weird.

Oh and there's some "pantsu" minigame too.

What's up with those "Arcade Archive" games on PS4, are the controls good?
Pretty expensive too but I'm tempted to get Mat Mania Exciting Hour :p

Yeah they run well with no frills. Leaderboards with awkward external manual upload. Most of those games aren't worth playing unless you have nostalgia for them.

autoduelist

I think we'll get some nice vita news at PSX. There's a reason we don't see it at major gaming conventions like E3, but PSX is for the faithful, and if Sony knows one thing, it's that vita is home of the faithful. They'd be silly not to throw us some bones.

The guy I'm following for most new JP releases is streaming some Grand Kingdom right now

http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama

do we know if this is coming west?

My ISP is being crazy and caused my Vita to get DNS error, c0-10932-5 when transferring games from PS3 to Vita.

Is there other ways for me to try instead of waiting for my ISP to do anything? fyi, it's been four days without a reply from them...

Already assign static IP, changed routers, reboot router..

Just like I told you before, change your DNS.

Shun

Grand Knights History never came to english I think but that will not stop Grand Kingdom if there is interest.

Demo was very interesting, may want to pick up soon. Checking out when Parakeetman puts OT up, comes out later today.

Shizuka

Grand Knights History never came to english I think but that will not stop Grand Kingdom if there is interest.

Demo was very interesting, may want to pick up soon. Checking out when Parakeetman puts OT up, comes out later today.

One game has almost nothing to do with the other, unless I'm mistaken. Different developers, different publishers. Only thing in common is the director. GHK didn't come to the US because of Vanillaware, XSEED had the localized script done and pre-orders were already open at that time.

Shun

Just saying that there's nothing stopping Grand Kingdom coming right now.

The director, chara design are the same and some gameplay systems are similar. It's interesting and seems fun and I wouldn't want some people to miss out on it.

I think we'll get some nice vita news at PSX. There's a reason we don't see it at major gaming conventions like E3, but PSX is for the faithful, and if Sony knows one thing, it's that vita is home of the faithful. They'd be silly not to throw us some bones.

If there's one thing Sony has consistently been with Vita, it's silly :p

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Had put it up last night. I think the only small issue with the game potentially coming out is the fact that it uses servers it seems for the online portion of it. Since that would be a cost someone will have to shoulder, unless Sony agrees to do it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1142246

Prelude.

Found this on vitagen.

I think it's... pretty accurate? Excluding Scamco and Sega games pretty much everything under "Likely" has a reasonable chance of getting localized. Maybe not so much (for this year at least) the Exp games since they're way too many. But yeah, 2016 is looking good already.
God Eater never.
You mean the same people that passed off indies, ports and ps1 games as "new Vita games" when they even had first party stuff down the line?

Found this on vitagen.

I think it's... pretty accurate? Excluding Scamco and Sega games pretty much everything under "Likely" has a reasonable chance of getting localized. Maybe not so much (for this year at least) the Exp games since they're way too many. But yeah, 2016 is looking good already.
God Eater never.

You mean the same people that passed off indies, ports and ps1 games as "new Vita games" when they even had first party stuff down the line?

Though sadly Steiner says that C;H Noah shouldn't be in the "practically confirmed" section: http://ask.fm/SciADV/answer/132552582199

And I'm inclined to agree, as much as I want confirmation.

Prelude.

Well, we know for sure they've been translating. But nothing about whether PQube and 5pb. would actually go for it. (I'm pretty sure PQube would, but who knows about 5pb...)
Why would they say they'll release another science adventure game and even directly hint at C;H if they're not going to? I mean, I'm not saying that it's confirmed but it's also definitely not just "speculation" when the evidence is provided by the source.
Even Demon Gaze 2 is not confirmed but it's obviously gonna get localized.

RK128

Found this on vitagen.

God Eater never.

I know a lot is coming to the Vita but damn.....the amount of games coming from 2016-2017 is a lot more then I realized XD! Thank you for sharing this Prelude; looking forward to playing most of these :).

I have a feeling the Sega games will come over with little issue; the Project Diva games do very well for Sega and while it might of bombed, they don't have to translate much for the expansion to that Danki Fighting Climax fighter.

Its the Bamco games I am a bit unsure about; Digimon World Order is likely hinging on the sales of Cyber Sleuth but I'm a sure we will get that. The God Eater joke in that list is great though :'); there is enough pointing to it coming over, but after all this time, it might as well stay in Japan.

Why would they say they'll release another science adventure game and even directly hint at C;H if they're not going to? I mean, I'm not saying that it's confirmed but it's also definitely not just "speculation" when the evidence is provided by the source.
Even Demon Gaze 2 is not confirmed but it's obviously gonna get localized.

You never know with 5pb. We could end up with one of the Steins;Gate spin-off games or something. They recently released Robotics;Notes Elite in Korean without ever having done so for Chaos;Head Noah, which seems really weird but that could also happen.

Christian

I'm trying to think if there's a game on that 2016 list I wouldn't happen buy and play, and I'm having some trouble finding one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Probably get Demon Gaze 2 when super cheap. Might get Chaos;Head and Steins:Gate Zero. Probably will get Danganronpa 3. Will get a copy of ZE3 to sell because I've got a watch preorder, I'll play it on 3DS instead.

Will definitely get World of Final Fantasy unless it gets savaged by the time it goes on sale.

Saphirax

According to XSEED's twitter we'll be getting some release dates soon. They also mentioned Cold Steel's placeholder date shouldn't change too much (so it'll still be out in 2015 most likely).

According to XSEED's twitter we'll be getting some release dates soon. They also mentioned Cold Steel's placeholder date shouldn't change too much (so it'll still be out in 2015 most likely).

Great news!

------------

I wonder how the RP experience will be for Beyond two souls and if the game will release at full price.

Edit:at $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99 I guess it's a day 1 purchase for me :)

Shinriji

So, famitsu gave Net High 34/40(highest score this week (?), now I really want to read some impressions!

OK, I'm gonna give some impressions. Keep in mind that my japanese isn't the greatest, so the usual suspects can correct me later.

In the world of Net High, "Neo Communication" means that a person's worth is measured by their "appeal" online. Having a huge number of followers on twitaar (a twitter clone) increase your rank, and makes them special, more than ordinary, "faceless" people. Zero followers means that you is the scum of the society (and so, the most scary thing is lose all your followers), and most people would do anything to attract more followers. In this Mega Nexus, ENJ battles (ENJ is for Enjoy) pits two persons against each other for followers, and usually ends with one of them with zero followers.

The demo starts asking the main character (at the time only called Otoko) questions about ordinary and totally subjective things in life. Your response will poll how many followers you will start with. Then Shiru, the navigation AI, will come to you aid to help you in your ENJ battle against Mr. Elite, a F ranked, handsome, snob, filthy rich guy. Shiru quicky realizes that you are a spineless nerd and have no chance against Mr. Elite. So she urges that Otoko uses the PAS (Personal Active System), a sunglass that can make people more extroverted. So Otoko turns into something else, lol. When Mr. Elite ask what the hell he is, Otoko answers "Ore wa ore da" (I am myself). So Otoko real name appears "Oreda". Fucking hilarious.

ENJ battles are like Ace Attorney. The opponent will banter about how cool, popular, rich, etc they are, and you have to work to destroy their argument. You can "trash talk" (a witty one-liner that trolls your opponent), "gossip" (post an anonymous commentary in the ENJ battle chat trying to spread FUD to the opponent and change the spectators comments about yourself) and "owned" (that you will provide factual evidence that your opponent is lying). If your troll isn't effective you will lose followers. There is an investigation part as well, when you will check the opponent twitaar posts, followers and pictures. You can also go to the places that are mentioned on the twitaar to check for evidence. Pictures can be analyzed if they were shopped.

My impressions are pretty positive. The game is very funny, with an endless flurry of absurd, nonsense and sarcastic jokes, just like a good Tekkyu chapter. The characters are full of personality, even the sidekicks. Bonus points of using all the ingredients of the internet celebrity drama in a clever way. The scene that shows the highest ranked persons, a bunch of a stereotyped "only popular on internet" guys, I was thinking to myself "Man, crush those bozos will be sooooo good". Also, you can feel that there is a social critic of our current society in there as well, getting "internet cred" at any cost.

The two main problems are: loading times are longer and more frequent that I'd like to and the chances that the game will come over are very slim. Just like Bakumatsu Rock, text insertion in the most weird ways and many jokes could be lost in translation will make this game a hard choice to bring it over. Hopefully I'm in the wrong here, because is one of the best, most original themes in a while and the execution of the demo surpassed my expectations.

OK, I'm gonna give some impressions. Keep in mind that my japanese isn't the greatest, so the usual suspects can correct me later.

In the world of Net High, "Neo Communication" means that a person's worth is measured by their "appeal" online. Having a huge number of followers on twitaar (a twitter clone) increase your rank, and makes them special, more than ordinary, "faceless" people. Zero followers means that you is the scum of the society (and so, the most scary thing is lose all your followers), and most people would do anything to attract more followers. In this Mega Nexus, ENJ battles (ENJ is for Enjoy) pits two persons against each other for followers, and usually ends with one of them with zero followers.

The demo starts asking the main character (at the time only called Otoko) questions about ordinary and totally subjective things in life. Your response will poll how many followers you will start with. Then Shiru, the navigation AI, will come to you aid to help you in your ENJ battle against Mr. Elite, a F ranked, handsome, snob, filthy rich guy. Shiru quicky realizes that you are a spineless nerd and have no chance against Mr. Elite. So she urges that Otoko uses the PAS (Personal Active System), a sunglass that can make people more extroverted. So Otoko turns into something else, lol. When Mr. Elite ask what the hell he is, Otoko answers "Ore wa ore da" (I am myself). So Otoko real name appears "Oreda". Fucking hilarious.

ENJ battles are like Ace Attorney. The opponent will banter about how cool, popular, rich, etc they are, and you have to work to destroy their argument. You can "trash talk" (a witty one-liner that trolls your opponent), "gossip" (post an anonymous commentary in the ENJ battle chat trying to spread FUD to the opponent and change the spectators comments about yourself) and "owned" (that you will provide factual evidence that your opponent is lying). If your troll isn't effective you will lose followers. There is an investigation part as well, when you will check the opponent twitaar posts, followers and pictures. You can also go to the places that are mentioned on the twitaar to check for evidence. Pictures can be analyzed if they were shopped.

My impressions are pretty positive. The game is very funny, with an endless flurry of absurd, nonsense and sarcastic jokes, just like a good Tekkyu chapter. The characters are full of personality, even the sidekicks. Bonus points of using all the ingredients of the internet celebrity drama in a clever way. The scene that shows the highest ranked persons, a bunch of a stereotyped "only popular on internet" guys, I was thinking to myself "Man, crush thoses bozos will be sooooo good". Also, you can feel that there is a social critic of our current society in there as well, of getting "internet cred" at any cost.

The two main problems are: loading times are longer and more frequent that I'd like to and the chances that the game will come over are very slim. Just like Bakumatsu Rock, text insertion in the most weird ways and many jokes could be lost in translation will make this game a hard choice to bring it over. Hopefully I'm in the wrong here, because is one of the best, most original themes in a while and the execution of the demo surpassed my expectations.

It sounds hilarious and I really like the concept, are there a lot of fan service and how is it handeled?

Some context to make it easier for you to make a judgement: I actually think the clothes mechanics in akibas strip added something to the game but at the same time fan service in games like CG or monster monpiece make me not wanna play them (even though they might have interesting concepts from a gameplay perspective).

Edit: I find it important to mention the title of the games to make it easier for shinriji to understand what I mean and I hope that the MODS understand that this, in no way, is me trying to start a discussion of those games.

That would be fantastic. I just finished SC today and I'm ready for more. I pretty much check the date on amazon.com every day and expect it to say January though D:

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Found this on vitagen.

God Eater never.
It's been a long time since the last time one of those pictures were posted, we should see them more often, maybe even in the op.

My impressions are pretty positive. The game is very funny, with an endless flurry of absurd, nonsense and sarcastic jokes, just like a good Tekkyu chapter. The characters are full of personality, even the sidekicks. Bonus points of using all the ingredients of the internet celebrity drama in a clever way. The scene that shows the highest ranked persons, a bunch of a stereotyped "only popular on internet" guys, I was thinking to myself "Man, crush those bozos will be sooooo good". Also, you can feel that there is a social critic of our current society in there as well, getting "internet cred" at any cost.

It sounds great as expected but i disagree on the localization, it has written "will be localized" all over it imo lol, as seen in some screens it already has English words, hence English support seems to be already there so it would be just a matter of translating the dialogues(in other games localizers had to add English support) and changing graphic texts, but i agree that the localization could lose some jokes.

Bowl0l

Just like I told you before, change your DNS.
Sadly, that was the first thing i did and didn't work. Wasted 2 days thinking that it will work out and i can fix this. Finally I gave up and called my ISP. They said my housing area has many reports of poor connection this week.. gaf, don't ever remove your games from your MMC. Your ISP can lock you out of your games....

autoduelist

Had some amazon credit floating around so put in preorders on Trillion God of Destruction and Stranger of Sword City. There are like 5 others I want to order but they're not on amazon yet and I don't have infinite cash anyway.

I might shift the Trillion to something else... we're getting so many games, it's fantastic.

----

Been playing Growlanser Wayfarer of Time PSP. Really loving it. So far the story is solid, and I generally hate jrpg type stories. More important is the combat -- it's real time with pause -- you see enemies on the overworld and enter the fray. You give each unit orders [move waypoints, or 'attack enemy x', or casting, etc] and they'll follow out their orders [for example, moving towards then attacking an enemy]. If their orders are complete, the game will auto-pause and ask for more orders [though there is a way to just have them perma-attack anything nearby]. All actions add to a 'wait timer' that must deplete before the next action takes place.

Setting is sort of a war-torn future fantasy hybrid. Previous tech cultures existed but are long gone, there are multiple countries at war, and some militaries are just re-discovering both magic and tech. Cutscenes feel like high quality anime -- you go from the in game sprites to fully realized anime for important scenes that are done quite well.

Weapons are interesting; they have gem slots you can put skill/spell/etc gems into assuming they are of appropriate levels. Once you level a skill to 1 you can use it w/o the gem, but the only way to max out the skill level is to keep it equipped so it gains kill experience.

Digging it tons, so far. Hopefully it doesn't let me down somehow but so far I don't think it will.

Since both regions get digital only I'm not even mad. I generally just dislike unfair treatment of one or the other. Definitely Day 1 to support a new player in the Vita market

Also, someone get LRG on the phone

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I never had doubts about Ray Gigant ;)
Surprised to see it at PSX... maybe there will be Vita games! :O
or maybe Ray Gigant for Ps4

Top Bottom