• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

RK128

Why do you keep bringing up ICO+SotC for Vita?

Because every other Sony HD Collection came to Vita at this point.

It would be cheap for Sony to farm out too (get the guys behind the Ratchet Collection port or Sanzaru Games to do it) and it would tie into the release of Last Guardian next year (Collection would come to PS4 too).

He's a dreamer! Let him dream!

You can't dream for the Vita man :'(. I'm just thinking logically what might come from Sony to the Vita in the future and considering Last Guardian is coming next year, it would be smart of Sony to push it to people though experiencing the older Team Ico titles.

The PSX is bound to have a lot of announcements for the Vita:
-Release date on Day of the Tentacle Remastered and other upcoming Vita indie games
-Localization announced (Bamco, Tecmo-Koei, Square, Idea Factory, ect) for Vita/PS4 titles
-Ports announced for Vita (X-Com, AC: Chronicles, Disney Infinity 3.0, Surprise Port, ect)
-Ico Collection announced for Vita and PS4 (not likely)
-Announcement that the Gravity Rush DLC will be free for the PSX event (do something to make it up for Vita owners losing GR2......)
-Surprise Indie announcements (my hopes: Shantae Pirates Curse, Freedom Planet, ect)

Wow, IIRC you were the one telling people to expect less from TGS/PGW to not be disappointed. It makes me happy to see that you dare to dream again :D

RK128

Wow, IIRC you were the one telling people to expect less from TGS/PGW to not be disappointed. It makes me happy to see that you dare to dream again :D

......You know, it bites that having realistic guesses for the Vita is dreaming :(.

Thank you for the heads up though, will edit my list and get rid of most of what I wrote.

You can't dream for the Vita man :'(. I'm just thinking logically what might come from Sony to the Vita in the future and considering Last Guardian is coming next year, it would be smart of Sony to push it to people though experiencing the older Team Ico titles.

Here's what logically will come to the Vita from Sony: Nothing! ;)

EDIT: I don't mean to criticize you by the way. I like reading your elaborate predictions!

......You know, it bites that having realistic guesses for the Vita is dreaming :(.

Thank you for the heads up though, will edit my list and get rid of most of what I wrote.

Reality is framed, dreams are boundless. As I have said many times before, the best way to experience games IMO is to read about them, less knowledge=more potential :)

Here's what logically will come to the Vita from Sony: Nothing! ;)

I see that someone are forgetting Big Fest ;)

So, famitsu gave Net High 34/40(highest score this week (?), now I really want to read some impressions!

I haven't finished the game but I find it one of the more interesting games for the Vita and was a little disappointed when I saw that their new game(god wars), at first glance, looked like a more standard isometric SRPG (unlike ND,LD,TTG).

BTW, you did play Frozen Synapse, right?!
I haven't picked up frozen synapse because afaik it's digital only and therefore probably won't be going up in price any time soon. Priorities. It looks good though so I'll get it ssometime.

RK128

Nope. But I think there's a new movie coming?

Now the Prototype "remaster" is the real mystery

In both cases, it was Activision wanting easy money and did what they had to do in getting both Prototype 1 & 2 and Deadpool running on PS4/X1.

The only difference for the latter is that they had to work something out with Marvel regarding the games licensing (as Marvel doesn't want to push the X-Men brand, considering Fox owns the movie rights). I am surprised the game got a remaster considering all of that, but crazier things have happened :).

Deadpool and other X-men/Fantastic Four characters are also appearing in a Marvel Puzzle Quest Clone in the future too, so maybe they are finally working something out.

Nope. But I think there's a new movie coming?

Now the Prototype "remaster" is the real mystery

Difference between the movie and the game is that one of them actually has my interest lol.

As for that one... I would have called it more of a demaster if anything. Just watching some clips here and there showed me just how bad and rushed the whole thing is to the point that in certain sections it runs worse than the previous gen's copy.

I'll admit that I have no idea what it is. I only remember the announcement being about bands and stages or something and I was out

Neither do I and that makes me interested, in my head it's a competent festival simulator in which you can find and spread the music of unsigned bands.

I fear that it'll be a too simplistic FTP game made for "everyone" to enjoy though.

Tizoc

Deadpool for PS4 was a surprise. Releasing today.
First I've heard about this port.

It was brought up months ago.

Better to just get it on Steam. Game ran fine last time I played it.

Because every other Sony HD Collection came to Vita at this point.

We didn't get ZoE 1+2 cOLLECtion on Vita.
What point is there in making that compilation for Vita anyways?
Like AN ACTUAL reason for Sony t do that? They'd be better off porting it to the PS4 at this point.

He's a dreamer! Let him dream!

So am I and I'm a blind optimist.
But even i have my limits.

I mean I'd do an avatar bet on whether ICO+SOTC collection coming to Vita, but it'd be a lose-lose situation in my case :V

Really though if you actually believe Sony would give a crap about the Vita during such an event, you've learned nothing these past 2 years and need a reality check.

Vita is too good for events LIKE psx and e3.

Expect Tag Team Blanc + Neptune vs Zombie Army to get announced for west around PSX in december.

Other than that, next localization announcements should be Luminous Arc Infinity for XSEED, Night Watch for NISA. Also I expect Mystery Chronicle to get localized, but I'm not sure who will pick it up.

Give a little time for games like Valkyrie Drive, Uppers, Tokyo Xanadu, Grand Kingdom and Exist Archive. Localization announcements usually happen 7-8 months after their Japanese release unless it's a really huge game like SMT4.

The PSX is bound to have a lot of announcements for the Vita:
-Release date on Day of the Tentacle Remastered and other upcoming Vita indie games
-Localization announced (Bamco, Tecmo-Koei, Square, Idea Factory, ect) for Vita/PS4 titles
-Ports announced for Vita (X-Com, AC: Chronicles, Disney Infinity 3.0, Surprise Port, ect)

Man, we are optimistic in here lately!

How I'd love all of this to be true. Not too fussed on Day of the Tentacle of Valkyrie Drive but everything else would be grand. I really hope all this stuff gets localized.

Re. ports, I wish. XCOM will happen; I believe Assassin's Creed too. Disney Infinity - I'm still a believer, just because the company who ported 2.0 are still working on a Vita game, but I'm beginning to lose faith.

A surprise port - that's the dream. Don't believe It'll happen though.

I'd love Xcom to come to the Vita but no thanks to another Disney Inifinity unless they can get it running well this time. 2.0 looked bad (sub native res made it look so soft and blurry), terrible load times and at times the frame rate made the game almost completely unplayable. I'd rather they optimise 2.0 rather than trying to crap out another sub standard port.

batrush

the crash bandicoot games are no longer downloadable to the vita (jp store)? Can't transfer them from a Ps3 either.

Tizoc

Yeah, only the crash games aren't available for transfer. Have you tried?

Check my post above, I did a search and both Spyro and Crash are not Vita compatible.
Let's see EU PSN...
Nope games are Vita compatible there still, oddly enough

I think Japan will get it fixed in due time, might be a bug.
Maybe contact support and check?

I rather have a great spinoff (like batman BG or that SRPG bioshock that never got made) than a port but which ports would you like to see?

If they could port anything? SSX HD Collection (Tricky + 3). Or SSX 2012. Either would be fab.

I would also be happy with:

- InFAMOUS 1 or 2
- LittleBigPlanet Karting
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Dead Island 1 or Riptide
- Diablo 3

I know two of those are completely out of the picture due to being first party and the rest are never gonna happen. If Gio Corsi is porting anything it's going to be a mainstream IP with western appeal that wouldn't be too taxing on Vita.

Realistically, if he is doing any more porting, I just hope it's something that expands Vita's genre library a bit. I really like that he brought an open-world fps and then third-person horror shooter to the console, because neither are genres that are abundant on the consols so they provide a nice bit of variety.

incpdo

If they could port anything? SSX HD Collection (Tricky + 3). Or SSX 2012. Either would be fab.

- InFAMOUS 1 or 2
- Diablo 3

I know two of those are completely out of the picture due to being first party and the rest are never gonna happen. If Gio Corsi is porting anything it's going to be a mainstream IP with western appeal that wouldn't be too taxing on Vita.

Realistically, if he is doing any more porting, I just hope it's something that expands Vita's genre library a bit. I really like that he brought an open-world fps and then third-person horror shooter to the console, because neither are genres that are abundant on the consols so they provide a nice bit of variety.
Ssx Vita would be something so amazing ... But we have to play coolboarders instead.
I completely agree with bring something that could provide variety to the catalogue's avaliable genres. I think a burnout port or hd collection would be so awesome or maybe a a motorstorm hd collection.

Armaly

Anyone else too cheap to pay full price for ps1 classics? I've been waiting on Herc's Adventures, A Bug's Life and many others to go on sale and every time I almost pay full price I chicken out.

Tizoc

Anyone else too cheap to pay full price for ps1 classics? I've been waiting on Herc's Adventures, A Bug's Life and many others to go on sale and every time I almost pay full price I chicken out.

Buy them during the 'buy for $100 get $15 back' promos.

I'm still sitting on Xenogears, so I'm with you. Although I think Herc's adventure was on sale this year... I don't buy most things until they're on sale, though. So I might still be an exception.

RK128

If its something I really want or have extra money on my PSN account, I'm open to getting them full priced :).

Got Pac-Man World, Mega Man Legends & Tron Bonne, Klona, and a few others at full price myself.

Ssx Vita would be something so amazing ... But we have to play coolboarders instead.
I completely agree with bring something that could provide variety to the catalogue's avaliable genres. I think a burnout port or hd collection would be so awesome or maybe a a motorstorm hd collection.

I managed to get SSX On Tour and Burnout Legends on my Vita through the great compatibility glitch... not quite the games I wanted, but hey, it's something.

Played Super Star Wars on Vita and it runs great. Graphics and sizing options available. Leaderboard support inside of the game with SNES fonts is impressive. Still couldn't get pass the first boss on "easy". Pricey at $10 tho.

AlexBasch

Is there a site like xbldb.com but for PSN? I have an easier time tracking sales that way instead of checking the PSBlog. :/

autoduelist

Buy them during the 'buy for $100 get $15 back' promos.

That's what I did once with a pile of PSP games that never, ever went on sale and that I had no expectations of ever going on sale. ZHP, Gladiator Begins, some Arc the Lads, etc.

Got burnt hard as nearly all the ones I'd grabbed went on deep discount like 2 or 3 months later, lol.

Right now, I've got Brandish, Socom: Tactical Strike, and Eye of Judgement in my crosshairs, and can't/won't buy them because I know the very second I do they'll go on sale.

Whatever happened to Laughing Banana? He used to be our resident 'take one for the team' guy for ensuring sales and/or localizations.

Tizoc

That's what I did once with a pile of PSP games that never, ever went on sale and that I had no expectations of ever going on sale. ZHP, Gladiator Begins, some Arc the Lads, etc.

Got burnt hard as nearly all the ones I'd grabbed went on deep discount like 2 or 3 months later, lol.

Right now, I've got Brandish, Socom: Tactical Strike, and Eye of Judgement in my crosshairs, and can't/won't buy them because I know the very second I do they'll go on sale.

Whatever happened to Laughing Banana? He used to be our resident 'take one for the team' guy for ensuring sales and/or localizations.

He doesn't post in these threads as often :(

Brandish is my GotY contender btw.

First rule of digital stores world - never buy before 50% discount 😉

Also there's no logic when it comes to Vita and Sony they behave like spoiled child when someone tells him no. Logic would dictate that while first party development is dead we still should get follow ups to games that sold 300k copies in Japan in form of Soul Sacrifice 2 and expanded version of Freedom Wars as multiplatforms with PS4.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The only vita news we'll get at PSX will be about those games that are also on PS4 imo.

Vita games are not announced anymore at Sony events(not that before Sony used to be THAT better), you should just wait for their own announcements, like Civ Rev 2 +(and the same will be for XCOM), or at third parties events, like the upcoming one for Danganronpa.

I'm not a trophy collector but damn Phantom Breaker has only bronze trophies?!?! Not even a single silver one?!?! How can this be?!?!

Vita games are not announced anymore at Sony events(not that before Sony used to be THAT better), you should just wait for their own announcements, like Civ Rev 2 +(and the same will be for XCOM), or at third parties events, like the upcoming one for Danganronpa.

You know, I can't help getting my expectations up. It's half the battle in being a Vita owner, not knowing what to expect and then getting announcements out of the blue.

There's a few balls in the air that I could see getting announced soon, not necessarily at PSX though. XCOM and Assassin's Creed seem like they just need announcing; Novarama seem to still be developing for Vita too (this guy has it listed among upcoming projects and it's not Invizimals: The Resistance since he has that listed as already shipped).

I did think Panic Button Games were still working on Vita games but they've updated their website now and it doesn't say it expressly anymore, so maybe not:

"Developing multiple projects for PS4, Xbox One, mobile, and consumer goods (console, mobile, & handheld, 2015, 2016)."

I could see SCEE funding a few of their network of developers (Magenta Software; Spiral House; Virtual Toys etc.) to stick a few things on the console and maybe we'll get a couple more ports from Mass Media/Sanzaru, I feel that's wishful thinking on my part though since they both fall under the umbrella of SCEA.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You know, I can't help getting my expectations up. It's half the battle in being a Vita owner, not knowing what to expect and then getting announcements out of the blue.

There's a few balls in the air that I could see getting announced soon, not necessarily at PSX though. XCOM and Assassin's Creed seem like they just need announcing; Novarama seem to still be developing for Vita too (this guy has it listed among upcoming projects and it's not Invizimals: The Resistance since he has that listed as already shipped).

I did think Panic Button Games were still working on Vita games but they've updated their website now and it doesn't say it expressly anymore, so maybe not:

"Developing multiple projects for PS4, Xbox One, mobile, and consumer goods (console, mobile, & handheld, 2015, 2016)."

I could see SCEE funding a few of their network of developers (Magenta Software; Spiral House; Virtual Toys etc.) to stick a few things on the console and maybe we'll get a couple more ports from Mass Media/Sanzaru, I feel that's wishful thinking on my part though since they both fall under the umbrella of SCEA.
I don't exclude that SCEE or some third party is making a game or port for Sony, but i simply don't see it being announced at a Sony event.

Tizoc

I do hope Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 EE come to the Vita, even if it is a limited retail release.
More of you kids need to experience the greatness that are MINSC AND BOO
Minsc.jpg

- InFAMOUS 1 or 2
- Diablo 3

I see, that's a great way to think about ports. For me it's more about wanting ports of games that I never finished on the PS3, games like Catherine, alpha protocol, nier, resonance of fate, FFXII(ps2) etc. ;)

Bowl0l

My ISP is being crazy and caused my Vita to get DNS error, c0-10932-5 when transferring games from PS3 to Vita.

Is there other ways for me to try instead of waiting for my ISP to do anything? fyi, it's been four days without a reply from them...

Already assign static IP, changed routers, reboot router..

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
My ISP is being crazy and caused my Vita to get DNS error, c0-10932-5 when transferring games from PS3 to Vita.

Is there other ways for me to try instead of waiting for my ISP to do anything? fyi, it's been four days without a reply from them...

Already assign static IP, changed routers, reboot router..
Transferring from ps3? Can't you just plug the vita in via USB. ?

Top Bottom