• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

Frozen Synapse is my shit!!!!!!

Beat it right before jumping to ND.

Aren't they making a football game or something?

m, frozen endzone but that's only for PC afaik.

Have you looked anything at tokyo twilight ghosthunters, one of this years biggest surprise for me, again not as complex as ND but an interesting concept imo maybe you could call it a frozen synapse light. There's an enhanced edition releasing in japan next week(?) but I don't really know what they are changing and if the EE will come to the west.

BTW if you own a PS4 you should get wasteland 2, I have barely scratched the surface but right now it has the potential to be the best game that I have ever played(dethroning Baldurs Gate 2 because the combat in WL2 is more to my liking). To the people that don't know about WL2 it's Xcom combat in an "open world".

I also find the RP experience great as long as you don't have bad eyesight(text is very small).

Anyone seen anything recently on any of these "coming" Vita titles?

• A Clumsy Adventure
• The Chainsaw Incident
• Cloudberry Kingdom
• Dying: Sinner Escape
• Dragon Racing
• Echoes: Deep-sea Exploration
• Exorcism (Slush Games)
• In Space We Brawl (Forge Reply)
• Infinity Runner (Wales Interactive)
• Legend of Doodle! (The Layabouts)
• Legend of Raven (Nicalis)
• Mercenary Kings (Tribute Games)
• Monkey Mofo (Lucky Red Fish)
• Mr Ink Jet
• Ninja Senki DX (Tribute Games)
• Order Up! (SuperVillain Studios / Ignition Entertainment)
• Revenge of the Titans (Curve Studios)
• Robot Rescue Revolution
• Son of Scoregasm (Charlie's Games)
• Starwhal
• Supermagical
• The Sun and Moon
• Tower of Guns
• Upside Down Dimensions (Hydra Interactive)
• VTrax (Super Icon)
• Wilderness (Soto)

They're all on my "might be vaporware" list, and I was wondering if any of them are there erroneously.

VLiberty

Wolfenstein 09 is legit.

I didn't really feel the need for the open world though, especially since is useless as it is and I'm afraid that the traversal will become a chore once the most powerful enemies will start going around the city. I'm halfway through and the new type of enemies are already starting to get annoying.

As for basically everything else, I'm digging it. The actual levels are pretty good mostly. The Hospital level was great, I loved how it first started slowly with a bit of a horror tone when the invisible enemy is slaughtering all the patients without fighting you directly, then escalated into nonstop action until the end of the level.

Just wondering, how reliable is PlayAsia when it comes to release dates? Because this was posted more than a week ago by them and no one seems to have noticed. I mean ya, the "EU" seems a little off since it's Nisa working on it outside of the US and there's been no indication by them that it's even coming this year.

http://www.play-asia.com/the-legend...ld-steel-english-release-december-15/5f/746yf

I know they're usually up to date on Japanese dates, but am unsure about Western reporting on their side.

Then again that looks like a press release, and the date is certainly plausible (it's a Tuesday and before the end of the year).

autoduelist

They're all on my "might be vaporware" list, and I was wondering if any of them are there erroneously.

I contacted Charlie of Charlie's games a couple months ago and he said Son of Scoregasm was still being worked on. I don't know if that's the latest on it, but I hope it's true because I'm a huge fan of his games.

incpdo

It's really impressive how much better runs resident evil revelations 2 on the extra chapters . specially on the little miss one. If the game could run like this on the main campaign would be awesome. I don't get why both of the extra chapters are running so well.

Went ahead and asked about the CS date and release info on PlayAsia and for now it still hasn't been confirmed. Again I would say it doesn't mean it's not making this year as clearly they don't want to take away from the EDF announcement from this week and could easily say something for next week, but it's running out of time when it comes to anything official being said for a release this year.

Doesn't look like it... but it is! That is in no way official. Not sure where they got that from, other than random placeholder dates.

-Tom

Prelude.

OK, I'm gonna give some impressions. Keep in mind that my japanese isn't the greatest, so the usual suspects can correct me later.

In the world of Net High, "Neo Communication" means that a person's worth is measured by their "appeal" online. Having a huge number of followers on twitaar (a twitter clone) increase your rank, and makes them special, more than ordinary, "faceless" people. Zero followers means that you is the scum of the society (and so, the most scary thing is lose all your followers), and most people would do anything to attract more followers. In this Mega Nexus, ENJ battles (ENJ is for Enjoy) pits two persons against each other for followers, and usually ends with one of them with zero followers.

The demo starts asking the main character (at the time only called Otoko) questions about ordinary and totally subjective things in life. Your response will poll how many followers you will start with. Then Shiru, the navigation AI, will come to you aid to help you in your ENJ battle against Mr. Elite, a F ranked, handsome, snob, filthy rich guy. Shiru quicky realizes that you are a spineless nerd and have no chance against Mr. Elite. So she urges that Otoko uses the PAS (Personal Active System), a sunglass that can make people more extroverted. So Otoko turns into something else, lol. When Mr. Elite ask what the hell he is, Otoko answers "Ore wa ore da" (I am myself). So Otoko real name appears "Oreda". Fucking hilarious.

ENJ battles are like Ace Attorney. The opponent will banter about how cool, popular, rich, etc they are, and you have to work to destroy their argument. You can "trash talk" (a witty one-liner that trolls your opponent), "gossip" (post an anonymous commentary in the ENJ battle chat trying to spread FUD to the opponent and change the spectators comments about yourself) and "owned" (that you will provide factual evidence that your opponent is lying). If your troll isn't effective you will lose followers. There is an investigation part as well, when you will check the opponent twitaar posts, followers and pictures. You can also go to the places that are mentioned on the twitaar to check for evidence. Pictures can be analyzed if they were shopped.

My impressions are pretty positive. The game is very funny, with an endless flurry of absurd, nonsense and sarcastic jokes, just like a good Tekkyu chapter. The characters are full of personality, even the sidekicks. Bonus points of using all the ingredients of the internet celebrity drama in a clever way. The scene that shows the highest ranked persons, a bunch of a stereotyped "only popular on internet" guys, I was thinking to myself "Man, crush those bozos will be sooooo good". Also, you can feel that there is a social critic of our current society in there as well, getting "internet cred" at any cost.

The two main problems are: loading times are longer and more frequent that I'd like to and the chances that the game will come over are very slim. Just like Bakumatsu Rock, text insertion in the most weird ways and many jokes could be lost in translation will make this game a hard choice to bring it over. Hopefully I'm in the wrong here, because is one of the best, most original themes in a while and the execution of the demo surpassed my expectations.
This sounds like the best thing ever.

I've tweeted about a couple of these. Tower of Guns is "unlikely" (shame, I'd have loved it on Vita):

https://twitter.com/blankslatejoe/status/566351239517327361

The devs of VTrax told me "no plans currently" in 2013, so I think that's definitely scrapped:

https://twitter.com/SuperIconLtd/status/389095116373491712

Also speaking of vaporware, where is Death Ray Manta for Vita? It was announced in 2013:

http://www.inquisitr.com/678568/death-ray-manta-blasting-its-way-to-playstation-vita/

I've tweeted about a couple of these. Tower of Guns is "unlikely" (shame, I'd have loved it on Vita):

https://twitter.com/blankslatejoe/status/566351239517327361

The devs of VTrax told me "no plans currently" in 2013, so I think that's definitely scrapped:

https://twitter.com/SuperIconLtd/status/389095116373491712

Also speaking of vaporware, where is Death Ray Manta for Vita? It was announced in 2013:

http://www.inquisitr.com/678568/death-ray-manta-blasting-its-way-to-playstation-vita/

Good to know, and have noted all the replies so far - thanks guys.

As for Death Ray Manta, there was at least ongoing progress at the start of this year.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/01/10/what-is-death-ray-manta/128378/

autoduelist

Has anyone here played Dark Souls 2 on both PS3 and PS4? I own it on PS3, considering upgrading for $20... I didn't have time to play my (day 1) ps3 copy for more than a couple hours.

For reference, I've plat'd Demon's, Dark, and Bloodborne. So really, it's just whether the remastered is worth $20 given I already own it.

Hikami

Has anyone here played Dark Souls 2 on both PS3 and PS4? I own it on PS3, considering upgrading for $20... I didn't have time to play my (day 1) ps3 copy for more than a couple hours.

For reference, I've plat'd Demon's, Dark, and Bloodborne. So really, it's just whether the remastered is worth $20 given I already own it.
Haven't played the PS3 version so can't comment much on that but..

Do you have the DLC? If not, you should upgrade.
The remaster comes with all the DLC which are the best parts of DS2 imo.

OK, I'm gonna give some impressions. Keep in mind that my japanese isn't the greatest, so the usual suspects can correct me later.

In the world of Net High, "Neo Communication" means that a person's worth is measured by their "appeal" online. Having a huge number of followers on twitaar (a twitter clone) increase your rank, and makes them special, more than ordinary, "faceless" people. Zero followers means that you is the scum of the society (and so, the most scary thing is lose all your followers), and most people would do anything to attract more followers. In this Mega Nexus, ENJ battles (ENJ is for Enjoy) pits two persons against each other for followers, and usually ends with one of them with zero followers.

The demo starts asking the main character (at the time only called Otoko) questions about ordinary and totally subjective things in life. Your response will poll how many followers you will start with. Then Shiru, the navigation AI, will come to you aid to help you in your ENJ battle against Mr. Elite, a F ranked, handsome, snob, filthy rich guy. Shiru quicky realizes that you are a spineless nerd and have no chance against Mr. Elite. So she urges that Otoko uses the PAS (Personal Active System), a sunglass that can make people more extroverted. So Otoko turns into something else, lol. When Mr. Elite ask what the hell he is, Otoko answers "Ore wa ore da" (I am myself). So Otoko real name appears "Oreda". Fucking hilarious.

ENJ battles are like Ace Attorney. The opponent will banter about how cool, popular, rich, etc they are, and you have to work to destroy their argument. You can "trash talk" (a witty one-liner that trolls your opponent), "gossip" (post an anonymous commentary in the ENJ battle chat trying to spread FUD to the opponent and change the spectators comments about yourself) and "owned" (that you will provide factual evidence that your opponent is lying). If your troll isn't effective you will lose followers. There is an investigation part as well, when you will check the opponent twitaar posts, followers and pictures. You can also go to the places that are mentioned on the twitaar to check for evidence. Pictures can be analyzed if they were shopped.

My impressions are pretty positive. The game is very funny, with an endless flurry of absurd, nonsense and sarcastic jokes, just like a good Tekkyu chapter. The characters are full of personality, even the sidekicks. Bonus points of using all the ingredients of the internet celebrity drama in a clever way. The scene that shows the highest ranked persons, a bunch of a stereotyped "only popular on internet" guys, I was thinking to myself "Man, crush those bozos will be sooooo good". Also, you can feel that there is a social critic of our current society in there as well, getting "internet cred" at any cost.

The two main problems are: loading times are longer and more frequent that I'd like to and the chances that the game will come over are very slim. Just like Bakumatsu Rock, text insertion in the most weird ways and many jokes could be lost in translation will make this game a hard choice to bring it over. Hopefully I'm in the wrong here, because is one of the best, most original themes in a while and the execution of the demo surpassed my expectations.

I NEED THIS GAME :(

Tizoc

Letter Quest is releasing on Vita this week
It's basically a Scrabble-like game, you form words to damage enemies and upgrade yourself as you progress.
Really cute and quite fun. Would really benefit from a custom soundtrack option doe.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I think that:
The Chainsaw Incident
Legend of Raven (Nicalis)
Revenge of the Titans (Curve Studios)

Are probably still in the works, TCI and LOR were also in the work for PS4 iirc, so unless those games were completely canned imo they are still in development, and ROTT because Curve Studios released Titan Attacks not a long time ago so we just need to give them time.

All the rest is probably vaporware.

Err...XSEED uploaded an announcement trailer for Cold Steel

And no, we still don't have a release date.

Yeah, apologies for any confusion there -- the reason this trailer was posted to our YouTube channel now is because it was updated with ESRB info, so we wanted to update our official trailer link accordingly.

That's why it was done, it could also be for a date announcement soon, although I would hope they use more than just the e3 trailer for that.

m, frozen endzone but that's only for PC afaik.

Have you looked anything at tokyo twilight ghosthunters, one of this years biggest surprise for me, again not as complex as ND but an interesting concept imo maybe you could call it a frozen synapse light. There's an enhanced edition releasing in japan next week(?) but I don't really know what they are changing and if the EE will come to the west.

Wow. I am so glad you showed this to me because this is the sort of game I like to bite into. It looks like a hybrid of a visual story and strategy game, which is an interesting concept I'd definitely want to explore. The price tag is at $40.00. I'm aware it's a new release; has it ever gone on sale?

BTW if you own a PS4 you should get wasteland 2, I have barely scratched the surface but right now it has the potential to be the best game that I have ever played(dethroning Baldurs Gate 2 because the combat in WL2 is more to my liking). To the people that don't know about WL2 it's Xcom combat in an "open world".

I also find the RP experience great as long as you don't have bad eyesight(text is very small).

I'm liking your taste more and more. BG2, IWD, IWD2, Planescape Torment are at the top of my favorite RPGs of all time. In the case of BG2, reason I loved it more is because of the multiplayer, allowing you to connect via IP with friends. Those kind of games are all but dead, and I'm sure Wasteland 2 is single-player experience. I don't own a PS4 YET but I'll be sure to look into this game more once I finally purchase the console.

Tohsaka

I've awoken from my three-month slumber. Finishing up Code: Realize now, it's been really good. I'll have to get around to buying Norn9 next month, so I can play it before the anime airs in Janauary

Tizoc

Trails of Cold Steal releasing on Dec. 15th it seems?
Play asia sent me this-
cz7UNep.png

You've just reminded me that Ruin/Warrior's Lair was a thing from Vita's launch too. Shame about that, I'd have loved a good loot heavy dungeon crawler on Vita.

Well this is interesting. The English-Asian games are storming in these days.

Play asia sent me this-

PlayAsia is sending everyone that, I posted above that it wasn't a confirmation. Will it likely release on that date if it comes this year? Sure, but that was no confirmation.

Although they did seem to get some sort of notice when it came to the date, because it was showing EU as well yesterday, which had no chance of being this year.

autoduelist

Haven't played the PS3 version so can't comment much on that but..

Do you have the DLC? If not, you should upgrade.
The remaster comes with all the DLC which are the best parts of DS2 imo.

Hmmm, no, I don't have the dlc. Very good point. I do have a backlog though... so I'll think on it. Thanks for the heads up about dlc, that does change everything.

Wow. I am so glad you showed this to me because this is the sort of game I like to bite into. It looks like a hybrid of a visual story and strategy game, which is an interesting concept I'd definitely want to explore. The price tag is at $40.00. I'm aware it's a new release; has it ever gone on sale?

I'm liking your taste more and more. BG2, IWD, IWD2, Planescape Torment are at the top of my favorite RPGs of all time. In the case of BG2, reason I loved it more is because of the multiplayer, allowing you to connect via IP with friends. Those kind of games are all but dead, and I'm sure Wasteland 2 is single-player experience. I don't own a PS4 YET but I'll be sure to look into this game more once I finally purchase the console.

I bought TTGH at full price but I think it has been in sales (EU).

Autoduelist is another person that might have some game tips for you :)

Edit: also, keep an eye on Darkest Dungeon, god wars (same developers as ND) Banner saga and pray for Xcom.

-----

On the topic of games that disappeared, samurai gunn :|

Chuy

Is it me or when the ps4 is vertical it becomes x100 louder? Kinda annoying considering I'm liking how it is vertical.

I've awoken from my three-month slumber. Finishing up Code: Realize now, it's been really good. I'll have to get around to buying Norn9 next month, so I can play it before the anime airs in Janauary
Good to see you unbanned. Kinda surprised it was 3 months though but whatever

Play asia sent me this-
cz7UNep.png
I'm guessing it's a placeholder for the meantime.

RK128

Got my first physical retail Vita game in years; Sword Art Online Lost Song :D.

Personally been looking forward to playing this and finally dived into the game for a good....four or so hours at this point.

The story and set-up is something I always wanted from the series as a whole; just Kirito and his friends having a fun time playing some MMORPG. And while the second half of S2 covered this, there was a lot of potential with the set up Hollow Fragment had with how it fixed up the story the anime fumbled up a bit with S1 (in my personal opinion; outright loathed the second of S1). But it wasn't because of ALO; the world itself looked amazing, the concept of flying around is a fantastic one and I loved how it uses Norse mythology as a basis for its location/myths/NPC's/ect.

So having a game focused on this section of the anime all the while continuing the story I personally enjoyed from first half of S1 & Hollow Fragment, I was very excited to see what the story offered.

And so far, its good. I like the character interactions, the translation is great (thank got the Engerish is gone.....), and Kirito isn't an idiot when interacting with his female friends (which was an element I really didn't like about Hollow Fragment). The second-half S2 characters get some screen time, and new characters are introduced and this was nice to see; new takes on fimilar faces alongside three new faces that have signifcant story roles.

The gameplay itself is the one area I don't know how to comment on. I loved the combat system of Hollow Fragment and I will say right now that I prefer that over Lost Song's combat. But, I love how dynamic and mobile you are now; flying opens the door to some great fights, the stronger dashing mechanics and having the ability to jump does a lot to make the pace and speed of the combat better.

It sacrifices the depth Hollow Fragment had sadly, but considering how fun it is to fly around, I honestly don't mind the combat changes. The dungeons were good in Hollow Fragment but nothing amazing. That seems to be the case with Lost Song too so far; every dungeon feels the 'same' and they are far shorter then the ones in Hollow Fragment (both in comparison to the Floor ones AND the Hollow Area ones). That is okay as its fun exploring the overworlds but its a shame that they didn't mix those up. Espcally with the flying mechanics, you can have some really creative dungeon designs. There are signs of that though; switches that activate launch pads, switches that do different things, ect.

The biggest thing I have to commend the game on is giving us the option to play as any of the party members in the game. Granted, this more or less an replacement for Kritio having the ability to use all the weapon types from Hollow Fragment, but its nice to play as Asuna, Kline, Leafa, and others.

The visuals and music are my last take away and personally, was very impressed when I booted the game up and played for the first hour or so. The game runs very well and it has some great lighting effects. Shadows casting over the ground, the grass and texture work in the world being great when flying around, the character models looking closer to the anime then Hollow Fragment and little touches during the cut-scenes (character stills moving around, text boxes shaking, lips moving when characters are talking, ect) really make it a step up visually compared to Hollow Fragment (which was a mix between HD PSP Remaster and Original PS Vita game).

Overall, really enjoying Lost Song so far and I am hopeful that we will get Hollow Realization next year on Vita :D.

yaffi

Looks like my PS+ subscribtion runs out today/tomorrow and I don't really have the urge to keep it active.

kevin1025

Banned
Am I putting way too much stock into a PSN Black Friday sale being a wild flash sale style deal? I'm hoping to finally get a load of the Vita games I've missed!

batrush

Still waiting on a decent sale on dungeon travelers 2. Its the only interesting psv game I don't already own. Now that I've earned the plat for Taiko V I should have time for a drpg before the Idolmaster games drop.

W-00

Am I putting way too much stock into a PSN Black Friday sale being a wild flash sale style deal? I'm hoping to finally get a load of the Vita games I've missed!

Depends on what games and how much of a discount you're hoping for. Chances that there will be a Black Friday Flash Sale on PSN approach 1, but some companies just don't discount their games very often or very much.

I'll be Spain during Black Friday, dammit.

I guess I'll just buy a $20 voucher and hope Danganronpa AE or Samurai Warriors 4 go really low in price.

kevin1025

Banned
Depends on what games and how much of a discount you're hoping for. Chances that there will be a Black Friday Flash Sale on PSN approach 1, but some companies just don't discount their games very often or very much.

Yeah, I'm mostly hoping for YS, Oreshika, and a few visual novels, and less hopeful for Danganronpa AE and Dancing All Night discounts. If not, if they go true flash sale and make a bunch of awesome smaller games a buck, I'd be happy with that!

RK128

I wouldn't be surprised of the big 2015 Vita releases go on sale during Black Friday (SAO Lost Song, Dangronmpa Another Episode, Neptuina Rebirth 3 & U: Action Unleashed, Trials of, ect) in addition to a few PS1/PSP classics being dirt cheap.

The safer expectation is a lot of PS3 and PS4 games going on sale though, with only a few Vita games being part of the BF sale.

Regardless, I feel we will get a sale but don't expect every 'big' Vita release of this year being a part of it. Bamco is sure to be a part of it though, as they love putting their games on sale.

I wouldn't be surprised of the big 2015 Vita releases go on sale during Black Friday (SAO Lost Song, Dangronmpa Another Episode, Neptuina Rebirth 3 & U: Action Unleashed, Trials of, ect) in addition to a few PS1/PSP classics being dirt cheap.

The safer expectation is a lot of PS3 and PS4 games going on sale though, with only a few Vita games being part of the BF sale.

Regardless, I feel we will get a sale but don't expect every 'big' Vita release of this year being a part of it. Bamco is sure to be a part of it though, as they love putting their games on sale.

Didn't SAO release LITERALLY yesterday?
No way in hell that'll go on sale.

AE for $20 pls, though

Top Bottom