• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

RK128

Are you doing this on purp--

Yes, yes I think you do!

:p

I made a spelling mistake :(? If so, sorry man. Still looking forward to that though :D.

Edit: Top of the Page :D! Everyone get SAO Lost Song, its a lot of fun and I am having a blast with it :).

RK128

Didn't SAO release LITERALLY yesterday?
No way in hell that'll go on sale.

AE pls, though

It came out Tuesday though.......you make a good point though; way to soon to put on sale.

I guess got confused; must have meant Hollow Fragment PS4 instead.

I've been addicted to Killzone Vita online multiplayer for the last month, it is really shockingly good and well balanced. There's still a good enough community to always find a game to play in each of the three modes.

I am really averse to the kind of single player campaigns in these games, but the fun online component is making me think about purchasing the PS4 version just for that.

Looking forward to seeing how Teslagrad looks/runs on Vita!

autoduelist

For some reason I thought Eiyuu Senki was a Vita release. I guess I don't need to look deeper into it now, I was intrigued by 'tactical rpg'.

Yeah, I'm mostly hoping for YS, Oreshika, and a few visual novels, and less hopeful for Danganronpa AE and Dancing All Night discounts. If not, if they go true flash sale and make a bunch of awesome smaller games a buck, I'd be happy with that!

safe expectations -- games that have never been on sale and/or less than a year old -- somewhere in the 50% off range. $20 for a vita game, for example.

Games that have already been on sale once in that range: $12 or so. Maybe $10.

A couple surprise $5 games (like Soul Sacrifice Delta and Freedom Wars were).

Other games ranging from 50-80% off.

Without checking the history of black friday sales, I'm pretty sure the $1 flash sales are separate from holidays and are usually entirely $1 flash sales. Since it's unlikely all games they want to put on sale on BF will be $1, I'd say it's more likely none are (unless they're only a couple bucks to begin with of course).

I've been addicted to Killzone Vita online multiplayer for the last month, it is really shockingly good and well balanced. There's still a good enough community to always find a game to play in each of the three modes.

I am really averse to the kind of single player campaigns in these games, but the fun online component is making me think about purchasing the PS4 version just for that.

Looking forward to seeing how Teslagrad looks/runs on Vita!

Any info on the Teslagrad Vita physical release?

kevin1025

Banned
For some reason I thought Eiyuu Senki was a Vita release. I guess I don't need to look deeper into it now, I was intrigued by 'tactical rpg'.

safe expectations -- games that have never been on sale and/or less than a year old -- somewhere in the 50% off range. $20 for a vita game, for example.

Without checking the history of black friday sales, I'm pretty sure the $1 flash sales are separate from holidays and are usually entirely $1 flash sales. Since it's unlikely all games they want to put on sale on BF will be $1, I'd say it's more likely none are (unless they're only a couple bucks to begin with of course).

I'd be happy with those expectations. I seem to be buying Vita games in bulk, a couple at a time and then slowly working my way through them.

Checking the Playstation Blog, the Black Friday sale last year was entirely PS3 and PS4 games, in North America, at least. Hopefully this time is a little more open.

yaffi

Thank you buddy :).

Spelling isn't my biggest strength XD! Thank god for spell check :').

I honestly thought this was some kind of insider joke I didn't get. :p

You could add Danganronpa to your spell checker, lol.

btt: I'm going to rent a Vita game tomorrow. It's either Lost Dimension or Criminal Girls. Are both doable in a week?

I honestly thought this was some kind of insider joke I didn't get. :p

You could add Danganronpa to your spell checker, lol.

btt: I'm going to rent a Vita game tomorrow. It's either (snippety snip) Are both doable in a week?
The second game's forbidden to be discussed on GAF.

18-Volt

I'm surprised that nobody have picked up Mystery Chronicle: I Won't Back Down Till I Win for localization yet. I played the original game, One Way Heroics on PC and it's fun as hell. I heard that SC has added many new features to the game including a real story. I'd gladly pay 30 bucks for the localized Vita version.

Do you think someone will bring it to west eventually?

W-00

Yeah, I'm mostly hoping for YS, Oreshika, and a few visual novels, and less hopeful for Danganronpa AE and Dancing All Night discounts. If not, if they go true flash sale and make a bunch of awesome smaller games a buck, I'd be happy with that!

Seems pretty likely that Ys could get a good discount. Oreshika would require that Sony remembers they have stuff on Vita. I could see D:AE getting a decent discount, after all, it released way back in... September?! What the- how the- it seems like so much longer than that! So yeah, strike that, small sale on AE at best. Same with DAN. Atlus discounts their games quickly, but probably not that quickly.

I'm mostly hoping for sales on Neptunia stuff. Based on their sales pattern, seems to be about time for NepReb3 and Noire to go on sale for six bucks.

Prelude.

I'm surprised that nobody have picked up Mystery Chronicle: I Won't Back Down Till I Win for localization yet. I played the original game, One Way Heroics on PC and it's fun as hell. I heard that SC has added many new features to the game including a real story. I'd gladly pay 30 bucks for the localized Vita version.

Do you think someone will bring it to west eventually?
Looking at the previous entries, the only one that might pick it up is probably Atlus (same for Shiren) but I think that a game that looks like that would be pretty hard to sell at a non-indie price in 2016.

kevin1025

Banned
Seems pretty likely that Ys could get a good discount. Oreshika would require that Sony remembers they have stuff on Vita. I could see D:AE getting a decent discount, after all, it released way back in... September?! What the- how the- it seems like so much longer than that! So yeah, strike that, small sale on AE at best. Same with DAN. Atlus discounts their games quickly, but probably not that quickly.

I'm mostly hoping for sales on Neptunia stuff. Based on their sales pattern, seems to be about time for NepReb3 and Noire to go on sale for six bucks.

A sale on the Neptunia games would be great! I'm missing the two you mentioned, so those would be nice.

Also! What does everyone think of chances we hear about a localized Star Ocean: Second Evolution during PSX?

Bowl0l

I am going to be pessimistic one and suggest that Sony might lump all of Vita game sales for the annual new year sales.
B. Friday sales might be as disappointing as last week's sales, non-existent or it will be a Atlus dominated sales again.

A sale on the Neptunia games would be great! I'm missing the two you mentioned, so those would be nice.

Also! What does everyone think of chances we hear about a localized Star Ocean: Second Evolution during PSX?

During PSX? Zero, because Vita will only be mentioned for a select few of the newer titles. Now will they just randomly put the PSP version that was already localized on PSN some day? Probably, considering the only real difference between the Vita and PSP versions is trophy support.

If they announce anything at PSX other than what we already know is being talked about, I would rather it be new games, not some cheap throwaway port that had no additional effort put into it.

kevin1025

Banned
During PSX? Zero, because Vita will only be mentioned for a select few of the newer titles. Now will they just randomly port the PSP version that was already localized over some day? Probably, considering the only real difference between the Vita and PSP versions is trophy support.

True. I was hoping since it's also a PS4 game that they would bring both versions over, or even just the PS4 version.

Chuy

I am going to be pessimistic one and suggest that Sony might lump all of Vita game sales for the annual new year sales.
B. Friday sales might be as disappointing as last week's sales, non-existent or it will be a Atlus dominated sales again.
I honestly wouldn't mind that at all really. Seeing all the ps4 games on sale for black friday that I'm interested in is probably going to kill my wallet. That being said though if there is some great vita game deals and I have to choose I'd take vita games without a doubt.

During PSX? Zero, because Vita will only be mentioned for a select few of the newer titles. Now will they just randomly put the PSP version that was already localized on PSN some day? Probably, considering the only real difference between the Vita and PSP versions is trophy support.

If they announce anything at PSX other than what we already know is being talked about, I would rather it be new games, not some cheap throwaway port that had no additional effort put into it.
Honestly I'm kinda optimistic for vita this PSX. There's plenty of localizations that could be announced in addition to any new games being revealed that we haven't heard of yet.

RK128

PSX is something I am oddly looking forward to in terms of Vita stuff. Developers/publishers like Idea Factory and Bamco are going to be present, which has me hoping for localization news on upcoming games (The God Eater Vita games, the second Digimon Game, Neptuina vs. Sega Hard Girls, Blac Zombie game, ect).

I am almost curtain that we will be seeing news on Vita ports for indie games (Shanate & the Pirate Curse, Axiom Verge, Freedom Planet, Bastion, ect) and ports handled by the Third Party Productions team (Disney Infinity 3.0, some surprise game like Bioshock or something else, ect).

Resident Evil REmake coming to Vita is a guess I feel might be happening, considering we got Revelations 2 in August and that supposedly did well (I think....).

Some dream Vita ports I would love to happen but not expecting too include:
-Sonic 1, 2 and CD HD Ports (The ones Taxman and Stealth made for iOS)
-Sonic Colors (based on Wii version)
-Ducktails Remastered
-Castle of Illusion (2013)
-Puppetter
-Bionic Commando Rearmed 1 and 2
-Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (got the Mini's version from the PSN Glitch early 2014 but would love a proper version of the game on my Vita)

Not expecting any of them but it would be a nice surprise honestly :l. Could see Legends 2 being announced a PSX, as Legends 1 charted on the Best PS Classics sales for October.

kevin1025

Banned
PSX is something I am oddly looking forward to in terms of Vita stuff. Developers/publishers like Idea Factory and Bamco are going to be present, which has me hoping for localization news on upcoming games (The God Eater Vita games, the second Digimon Game, Neptuina vs. Sega Hard Girls, Blac Zombie game, ect).

I am almost curtain that we will be seeing news on Vita ports for indie games (Shanate & the Pirate Curse, Axiom Verge, Freedom Planet, Bastion, ect) and ports handled by the Third Party Productions team (Disney Infinity 3.0, some surprise game like Bioshock or something else, ect).

Resident Evil REmake coming to Vita is a guess I feel might be happening, considering we got Revelations 2 in August and that supposedly did well (I think....).

-Ducktails Remastered
-Puppetter
-Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (got the Mini's version from the PSN Glitch early 2014 but would love a proper version of the game on my Vita)

Not expecting any of them but it would be a nice surprise honestly :l. Could see Legends 2 being announced a PSX, as Legends 1 charted on the Best PS Classics sales for October.

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX on Vita would be incredible! How has that not happened yet?!

Flunkie

Banned
Lost Song coming out made me start Hollow Fragment, and wow what a game. I'm having a blast with it. It's addictive and has a massive amount of content. From the gameplay videos I was kind of skeptical, but it's something you have to play for it to click. It's very, very fun. Almost like this better than a strictly jrpg or strictly arpg game. The bad translation is completely overblown.

unrealist

I prefer Empires over the mainstream Dynasty Warriors .. with the conquering aspects.. now that it is coming to Vita .. do you think it will be worth it? How are the Dynasty Warriors on the Vita? Are they laggy / slideshow?

Lost Song coming out made me start Hollow Fragment, and wow what a game. I'm having a blast with it. It's addictive and has a massive amount of content. From the gameplay videos I was kind of skeptical, but it's something you have to play for it to click. It's very, very fun. Almost like this better than a strictly jrpg or strictly arpg game. The bad translation is completely overblown.

Like I told you on Twitter, to me this is the second greatest Vita game I've played to date.

And I played the Asian copy too, so that one was full of errors in the script. The uninformed kiddos playing the US version and complaining when it came out knew nothing about the horrors of Kirito's penetration power.

Flunkie

Banned
Like I told you on Twitter, to me this is the second greatest Vita game I've played to date.

And I played the Asian copy too, so that one was full of errors in the script. The uninformed kiddos playing the US version and complaining when it came out knew nothing about the horrors of Kirito's penetration power.

second greatest being...?

RK128

Glad you are having fun :D!

Hollow Fragment has its issues (mainly the story and characterization) but those are minor to me :). The core gameplay is very strong, the presentation has its PSP origins shown but looks so clean & polished that it doesn't matter, and the combat system has a ton of depth. Exploring around in massive areas to find loot is always a great thing to do.

The game is also one of the longest games on the Vita; you have literally hundreds of hours worth of content to dive into and you essentially, have two games cobbled into one (The Hollow Area is a new game, The Alcard Sections are a remake/remaster of a JP-only SAO game).

I loved my time with it late 2013 and I played it for a long while before I dropped it (never beat the Alicard sections but completed the Hollow Area storyline).

My opinions of Lost Song are here but I am really enjoying my time with it. Flying around is fantastic :').

Got my first physical retail Vita game in years; Sword Art Online Lost Song :D.

Personally been looking forward to playing this and finally dived into the game for a good....four or so hours at this point.

The story and set-up is something I always wanted from the series as a whole; just Kirito and his friends having a fun time playing some MMORPG. And while the second half of S2 covered this, there was a lot of potential with the set up Hollow Fragment had with how it fixed up the story the anime fumbled up a bit with S1 (in my personal opinion; outright loathed the second of S1). But it wasn't because of ALO; the world itself looked amazing, the concept of flying around is a fantastic one and I loved how it uses Norse mythology as a basis for its location/myths/NPC's/ect.

So having a game focused on this section of the anime all the while continuing the story I personally enjoyed from first half of S1 & Hollow Fragment, I was very excited to see what the story offered.

And so far, its good. I like the character interactions, the translation is great (thank got the Engerish is gone.....), and Kirito isn't an idiot when interacting with his female friends (which was an element I really didn't like about Hollow Fragment). The second-half S2 characters get some screen time, and new characters are introduced and this was nice to see; new takes on fimilar faces alongside three new faces that have signifcant story roles.

The gameplay itself is the one area I don't know how to comment on. I loved the combat system of Hollow Fragment and I will say right now that I prefer that over Lost Song's combat. But, I love how dynamic and mobile you are now; flying opens the door to some great fights, the stronger dashing mechanics and having the ability to jump does a lot to make the pace and speed of the combat better.

It sacrifices the depth Hollow Fragment had sadly, but considering how fun it is to fly around, I honestly don't mind the combat changes. The dungeons were good in Hollow Fragment but nothing amazing. That seems to be the case with Lost Song too so far; every dungeon feels the 'same' and they are far shorter then the ones in Hollow Fragment (both in comparison to the Floor ones AND the Hollow Area ones). That is okay as its fun exploring the overworlds but its a shame that they didn't mix those up. Espcally with the flying mechanics, you can have some really creative dungeon designs. There are signs of that though; switches that activate launch pads, switches that do different things, ect.

The biggest thing I have to commend the game on is giving us the option to play as any of the party members in the game. Granted, this more or less an replacement for Kritio having the ability to use all the weapon types from Hollow Fragment, but its nice to play as Asuna, Kline, Leafa, and others.

The visuals and music are my last take away and personally, was very impressed when I booted the game up and played for the first hour or so. The game runs very well and it has some great lighting effects. Shadows casting over the ground, the grass and texture work in the world being great when flying around, the character models looking closer to the anime then Hollow Fragment and little touches during the cut-scenes (character stills moving around, text boxes shaking, lips moving when characters are talking, ect) really make it a step up visually compared to Hollow Fragment (which was a mix between HD PSP Remaster and Original PS Vita game).

Overall, really enjoying Lost Song so far and I am hopeful that we will get Hollow Realization next year on Vita :D.

Flunkie

Banned
Glad you are having fun :D!

Hollow Fragment has its issues (mainly the story and characterization) but those are minor to me :). The core gameplay is very strong, the presentation has its PSP origins shown but looks so clean & polished that it doesn't matter, and the combat system has a ton of depth. Exploring around in massive areas to find loot is always a great thing to do.

The game is also one of the longest games on the Vita; you have literally hundreds of hours worth of content to dive into and you essentially, have two games cobbled into one (The Hollow Area is a new game, The Alcard Sections are a remake/remaster of a JP-only SAO game).

I loved my time with it late 2013 and I played it for a long while before I dropped it (never beat the Alicard sections but completed the Hollow Area storyline).

My opinions of Lost Song are here but I am really enjoying my time with it. Flying around is fantastic :').

Sounds great. I really am excited to continue playing HF and eventually get into LS. By the time I'm done with HF (from the looks of it, 12 years from now...), LS will have gotten a hefty sale or two like HF has.

RK128

Sounds great. I really am excited to continue playing HF and eventually get into LS. By the time I'm done with HF (from the looks of it, 12 years from now...), LS will have gotten a hefty sale or two like HF has.

LS seems to have a lot of content to it (just completed the first 'run' through the forest/planes area, though their are clearly more places to explore once the altitude limit goes away) and the amount of events Lost Song has seems to match the amount Hollow Fragment had.

A big thing to note about Hollow Fragment; don't get annoyed with Kritio being a tool with the other female characters. That was something that bothered me a good deal during my run through the game; many of the females want Kirito.....even though they all know he is 'married' to Asuna.

The anime's story isn't perfect by any stretch, so I guess that is why I was a bit harsh on the games story but Lost Song fixes the issue a lot. The characters are far more stronger in LS compared to HF with them mirroring the characterization more from S2 of the anime compared to S1 (they act a lot like real friends now). I also love the touches that the other characters give; they call Kritio out on being a chick magnet, Kritio is smarter with his interactions with his friends, and I like the twists it takes deviating from the anime/light novel toward the middle/end.

Jeels

Don't know what the best thread to ask is...

Anyone know how to change settings on who can and can't view the communities you are a part of?

Kudo

Don't know what the best thread to ask is...

Anyone know how to change settings on who can and can't view the communities you are a part of?

Tried to look for that too and apparently you can't change it. Friends will always see your communities, but if your profile is private, users that aren't your friends won't see them, as far as I know.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
hey vitagaf - havent been in here much the last yr, but i figured i'd ask here as well as the BST thread.

i'm potentially looking for a 16-32gb mem card for the annual neogaf secret santa....if anyone has one they are looking to offload for a good cause and a *fingers crossed* cheap price...please PM me.

Thanks all.

hey vitagaf - havent been in here much the last yr, but i figured i'd ask here as well as the BST thread.

i'm potentially looking for a 16-32gb mem card for the annual neogaf secret santa....if anyone has one they are looking to offload for a good cause and a *fingers crossed* cheap price...please PM me.

Thanks all.

Welcome back, are you here to stay?

not many left here from older VitaGAF

-Ducktails Remastered
-Puppetter

Soooo much optimism in this post, lol.

I'm not sure Resi Revelations 2 has done well, lol. It sold *okay" in Japan with the physical version, but nothing stellar. It's never topped the charts in the US or EU and there's not a great deal of ratings on the store for it in either region.

They could've done with bundling it in the west like they did with Borderlands. That at least dragged it to somewhat decent sales I believe.

I could see 3PP picking up another bigger publisher title, but I don't think it'll be another Resident Evil.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

-Ducktails Remastered
-Puppetter

Given how bad RE:R2 is I dunno if we really want to see RE:RE on vita...

My dream ports that will never happen:
-any Fallout
-a good open world wrpg
-Might & magic vi
-heroes of might & magic 3(the original, not the ios one)
-chaos legion
-some good diablo or diablo-like, rts, sim city, managerial and other pc-like games, not necessarily new... scratch that, gimme old masterpieces like diablo 2, starcraft, red alert, sim city 2000 caesar 3, morrowind, torment and so on
-a souls game
-and who knows what else i'm forgetting now

but only if done properly, if not then don't even try.

The UK Chart is really interesting to see what keeps selling over time in the west and what sinks without a trace. SAO Lost Song held on well for its second week, even if overall it's low numbers.

Kids games dominate here. Oddly the only HD Collection which hangs around is Ratchet, which is consistently there every week. They really missed a trick not getting the physical version out in the USA with that one.

LBP is a very leggy game in the UK too, should've gotten LBP Karting on Vita.

Takao

Banned
Given how bad RE:R2 is I dunno if we really want to see RE:RE on vita...

That's just a Gamecube port with some redone character models. If anything, it really should've been the game to start a RE port trend on Vita. But I think RE Zero HD being on PS3/360 but not Vita says everything we need to know.

Takao

Banned
I also want the latest psp yugioh game localized.

2016 marks the manga's 20th Anniversary and the launch of a major movie. Given TFSP sold well you'd think Konami would follow it up with a native game for Vita. But Konami gonna Konami.

Top Bottom