• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

Bomberman may not be Vita compatible!

Metal Slug X is an OK port of the game, although it censors blood by recoloring it as white and has missing frames of animation. Otherwise it's the usual good ol' Metal Slug goodness.

Also thanks for that headsup on the 10% discount code but i sadly don't have anything I'd want to use it with :/

Maybe you can use it on the Black Friday Flash! Sale that we surely must be getting since there hasn't been one yet this month...

Edit: Ah carp, TOTP.... Get Bloodborne DLC or the Complete Edition for PS4 if you don't already own it. For the Vita... listen to the folks in this thread, they have not led me astray yet.

rZmisBA.png

woo

Stomp Farmer

Neo Member
Regarding the 10%-off code (which also works in Canada!), note that it’s one-time use only according to the banner in the “weekly deals” section. Assuming there are Black Friday deals coming in a few days, and given that today’s deals will last for a week, it’s best not to complete any purchases now.

(Also, as of a few weeks ago, I wasn’t able to complete any purchases in the web store. I really hope that’s not still the case, since AFAIK there’s no way to buy games across multiple platforms using the console stores.)

I totally forgot about the code. I just went ahead and bought Rocket League, Street Fighter 4 Ultra, Ratchet & Clanke: All 4 One, and Contra: Shattered Soldier for $36. Not too bad.

I came close to pulling the trigger for the Battlefield: Hardline and Borderlands: Handsome Jack Collection though.

Looks like Cold Steel most likely got pushed a week. So far it's only Gamestop that's changed the date but I'd expect others to follow suit here soon if true. Guess it would coincide with what was said on their forums last week.

We're pushing to make the existing placeholder date a reality, but won't announce anything until we're absolutely certain that it is. There's still a possibility it could slip back a week, or even farther (into early 2016), but we're doing everything in our power to get it out a.s.a.p. so all our prior assurances that this game WILL come out in 2015 don't wind up being dirty, dirty lies.

Shizuka

Looks like Cold Steel most likely got pushed a week. So far it's only Gamestop that's changed the date but I'd expect others to follow suit here soon if true. Guess it would coincide with what was said on their forums last week.

December 22nd, I didn't think anyone would release a game on such a date.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters is sooooooo good. They upped the perceived difficulty level by adding all those hunters into the open areas - I was streaming last night and due to trying to stay alive had accidentally triggered three different hunters (which were all coming at me simultaneously).

Crazy
good
shit.

--

Oh, and are there any review writers out there that like musou games? If so, PM me.
Looking for someone who actually likes these sorts of games and has a bit of experience (even amateur) at reviewing. ^_^

RK128

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters is sooooooo good. They upped the perceived difficulty level by adding all those hunters into the open areas - I was streaming last night and due to trying to stay alive had accidentally triggered three different hunters (which were all coming at me simultaneously).

Crazy
good
shit.

--

Oh, and are there any review writers out there that like musou games? If so, PM me.
Looking for someone who actually likes these sorts of games and has a bit of experience (even amateur) at reviewing. ^_^

I sent you a PM about the Musou reviews; even though I haven't played much of them, I am completely open to the genre and willing to try out a few for reviewing means :).

Glad you are enjoying the Bloodborn expansion; heard great things about it and its wonderful seeing the best PS4 exclusive getting more content added to it.

Tizoc

When did they announce PSN Black Friday sales last year? Cutting it close when the other consoles are already up.

Steam is a console? ;)
Well Flash sales on US PSN tend to start on FRIDAYs and since the upcoming sale is called Black FRIDAY, I think you can grasp the connection :p

kevin1025

Banned
When did they announce PSN Black Friday sales last year? Cutting it close when the other consoles are already up.

If I'm not mistaken, they announced the sales right before they went live. Chances are that it'll be more of a flash sale than a new release sale since there hasn't been one this month, or maybe it's both!

Steam is a console? ;)
Well Flash sales on US PSN tend to start on FRIDAYs and since the upcoming sale is called Black FRIDAY, I think you can grasp the connection :p

This fellow knows what's up!

Saphirax

I hope we get a EU release date soon after the NA one. I want to know whether I need to import the game or wait.

Alright, just bought me a PS4. Need games, my current list is:

Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil
Destiny The Taken King
Driveclub (maybe if it gets on sale this week)
Until Dawn (when I find it on a sale)
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (I'll wait for the mass influx of Black Friday codes)

I like RPGS (W and J), but I already have a capable PC to handle most things, so multiplats are not the reason I'm getting a PS4 (I know D3UE is a multiplat but the PC version is always online).

RK128

Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil
Destiny The Taken King
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (I'll wait for the mass influx of Black Friday codes)

I like RPGS (W and J), but I already have a capable PC to handle most things, so multiplats are not the reason I'm getting a PS4 (I know D3UE is a multiplat but the PC version is always online).

Don't own one but here is the games I want for it whenever I pick one up summer next year :).

-Ratchet & Clank PS4
-Tearaway Unfolded
-Horizion Zero Dawn
-Infamous Second Son
-SAO: Re-Hollow Fragment
-Final Fantasy XV
-Kingdom Hearts II.8
-Kingdom Hearts III
-Nier 2
-God of War 4
-LittleBigPlanet 3
-Knack (people in the PS+ threads really seem to love that game XD!)
-Witcher 3
-Shadows of Mordor
-Batman: Arkham Knight (GOTY Version)

A number of these aren't out yet but that is why I'm personally waiting.

kevin1025

Banned

Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil
Destiny The Taken King

If you have PS+ you can get Driveclub and all its DLC for $19.99 on PSN already. It might have a small discount during the flash sale on Friday, but that price already is an impossibly good deal.

There's Fallout 4, but if you have a capable PC you might have it or play it there instead. Infamous: Second Son is awesome, and the price is pretty low lately; Killzone: Shadow Fall is a good time; Tearaway Unfolded is a very good game, but it's not for everyone. Then there's all of the digital games, although a lot of them are also on Steam.

But yeah, your current list along with Infamous and maybe Killzone if you're interested in that would be a great diving in point on PS4!

Don't own one but here is the games I want for it whenever I pick one up summer next year :).

-Tearaway Unfolded
-Horizion Zero Dawn
-SAO: Re-Hollow Fragment
-Final Fantasy XV
-Kingdom Hearts II.8
-Kingdom Hearts III
-Nier 2

A number of these aren't out yet but that is why I'm personally waiting.

I bought mine mainly because of Persona 5, damn you Atlus. I left the ones that I liked on your post.

If you have PS+ you can get Driveclub and all its DLC for $19.99 on PSN already. It might have a small discount during the flash sale on Friday, but that price already is an impossibly good deal.

There's Fallout 4, but if you have a capable PC you might have it or play it there instead. Infamous: Second Son is awesome, and the price is pretty low lately; Killzone: Shadow Fall is a good time; Tearaway Unfolded is a very good game, but it's not for everyone. Then there's all of the digital games, although a lot of them are also on Steam.

But yeah, your current list along with Infamous and maybe Killzone if you're interested in that would be a great diving in point on PS4!

Thanks, I forgot about the DC discount for PS+, will get that. FO4 I already have (along with W3) on my PC.

RK128

I bought mine mainly because of Persona 5, damn you Atlus. I left the ones that I liked on your post.

Thanks, I forgot about the DC discount for PS+, will get that.

And with Persona 5 also coming to PS3, I could just get it on that :l.

Glad I was able to help you somehow with my list :D! Hope you enjoy your PS4 and have a blast with it :).

If you had PS+ in the past and 'bought' the PS4 games, you own a few games already. I know my PS4 line-up is quite big thanks to PS+ and Cross-Buy games :D.

And with Persona 5 also coming to PS3, I could just get it on that :l.

Glad I was able to help you somehow with my list :D! Hope you enjoy your PS4 and have a blast with it :).

If you had PS+ in the past and 'bought' the PS4 games, you own a few games already. I know my PS4 line-up is quite big thanks to PS+ and Cross-Buy games :D.

I had PS+ for a while, but stopped paying for it since I had no use (Vita "broken", no use for PS3 anymore). I would get Persona 5 for PS3 if they didn't announce it for the PS4, only reason I still had the console.

And thanks.

RK128

I had PS+ for a while, but stopped paying for it since I had no use (Vita "broken", no use for PS3 anymore). I would get Persona 5 for PS3 if they didn't announce it for the PS4, only reason I still had the console.

And thanks.

No problem :).

Sorry your Vita broke :'(. They are very fragle, so if you break the screen....you're done man X(. Did you ever get another Vita? You can fine them for good prices on E-Bay and Amazon :D.

No problem :).

Sorry your Vita broke :'(. They are very fragle, so if you break the screen....you're done man X(. Did you ever get another Vita? You can fine them for good prices on E-Bay and Amazon :D.

Not really broken, to be honest. The battery is faulty and I can't find a place to fix it, I can still play it connected to the wall / charger, but that makes it not really a handheld anymore.

RK128

Not really broken, to be honest. The battery is faulty and I can't find a place to fix it, I can still play it connected to the wall / charger, but that makes it not really a handheld anymore.

Ah the battery glitch. I have that too and after I 'fix' it, a few months it comes back.

You could do the following to fix that:
-Let the battery drain and leave it alone for 24 hours. Then start charging it again and see what happens
-Re-build the database and see what happens
-Open the Vita up and put it back together

Those tend to fix the battery issue but it still bites :l.

Ah the battery glitch. I have that too and after I 'fix' it, a few months it comes back.

You could do the following to fix that:
-Let the battery drain and leave it alone for 24 hours. Then start charging it again and see what happens
-Re-build the database and see what happens
-Open the Vita up and put it back together

Those tend to fix the battery issue but it still bites :l.

Did the second, will try the first, thanks for the help.

Turnstyle

I assume others have received a Black Friday email from PlayStation? Got mine yesterday (UK). There's a link to the store but it just hangs at the moment.

Somebody recommended Disgaea 5 in another thread, completely forgot about that game.

Disgaea 5 + Diablo 3 UE + Destiny TTK + Driveclub = I think I'm set until Persona 5, maybe. That's like a million hours, right there.

Shizuka

Somebody recommended Disgaea 5 in another thread, completely forgot about that game.

Disgaea 5 + Diablo 3 UE + Destiny TTK + Driveclub = I think I'm set until Persona 5, maybe. That's like a million hours, right there.

What about Oneechanbara, Omega Quintet and Tales of Zestiria?

Top Bottom