• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

RK128

Just got J-STARS Victory VS+ for Vita for $13.50. Not a goddamn thing wrong with that. ^_^

Good deal man :).

Would get a lot from this flash sale but after putting 40 bucks to getting SAO Lost Song, have to wait to get more stuff until I'm done with that and other games in my backlog.

RK128

Is the translation in SAO PS4 noticeably better than the one in the Vita version? (The first game)

Yep, Bamco took the time to make the PS4 port for all intents and purposes, the 'perfect' version of Hollow Fragment.

The translation got completely re-done from the Vita version, the gameplay got some changes (the Sword Skills don't use the SP meter anymore), online play was added in, and a whole new story section with a original character built for the game being covered.

Re: Hollow Fragment is the best version of the game, so its great for PS4 owners wanting to dive into the SAO world. The issue is, that they never bothered to patch-in the new translation or online play features into the Vita build (despite that version being the one that pushed Bamco to make the SAO game series a 'big' deal and start having that be part of their ten-poll series next to their Naruto, One Piece and Dragonball games).

Vita owners got pissed with that and for my case....I feel indifferent to that :l. I loved my time with Hollow Fragment, wort's and all, so the improvements not being added to the game isn't that big of a deal to me.

Yep, Bamco took the time to make the PS4 port for all intents and purposes, the 'perfect' version of Hollow Fragment.

The translation got completely re-done from the Vita version, the gameplay got some changes (the Sword Skills don't use the SP meter anymore), online play was added in, and a whole new story section with a original character built for the game being covered.

Re: Hollow Fragment is the best version of the game, so its great for PS4 owners wanting to dive into the SAO world. The issue is, that they never bothered to patch-in the new translation or online play features into the Vita build (despite that version being the one that pushed Bamco to make the SAO game series a 'big' deal and start having that be part of their ten-poll series next to their Naruto, One Piece and Dragonball games).

Vita owners got pissed with that and for my case....I feel indifferent to that :l. I loved my time with Hollow Fragment, wort's and all, so the improvements not being added to the game isn't that big of a deal to me.

I can't really justify holding hands with another girl on the big screen, so the Vita version works out great. Shame they didn't patch.. is Lost Song equal on both PS4 and Vita when it comes to content?

With the Flash Sale and the Co-op sale, it's easy to overlook that Natsume has a sale going as well, on eshop and PSN. Here's a list: http://ceecee-natsume.tumblr.com/post/133869515432/natsumes-make-everyone-happy-sale

(PS3) Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
(PSP) Adventures To Go!
(PSP) Carnage Heart EXA
(PSP) End of Serenity
(PSP) Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl
(PSP) Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley
(PSP) Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon
(PSP) Mystic Chronicles
(PSP) Reel Fishing: The Great Outdoors
(VITA) Reel Fishing: Master’s Challenge

RK128

I can't really justify holding hands with another girl on the big screen, so the Vita version works out great. Shame they didn't patch.. is Lost Song equal on both PS4 and Vita when it comes to content?

With the Flash Sale and the Co-op sale, it's easy to overlook that Natsume has a sale going as well, on eshop and PSN. Here's a list: http://ceecee-natsume.tumblr.com/post/133869515432/natsumes-make-everyone-happy-sale

(PS3) Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
(PSP) Adventures To Go!
(PSP) Carnage Heart EXA
(PSP) End of Serenity
(PSP) Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl
(PSP) Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley
(PSP) Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon
(PSP) Mystic Chronicles
(PSP) Reel Fishing: The Great Outdoors
(VITA) Reel Fishing: Master’s Challenge

Both versions of Lost Song are the same; they have the same translation, content, story, levels/worlds, playable characters and online modes.

The only difference is that the lighting is a bit off in the PS3/PS4 versions though it runs a bit better than the Vita version. But the Vita version is native res and has a stable frame rate (with it rarely having slow down).

Ryan95

I've bought Atelier Totori Plus on EU PS STORE for only €10: this Black Friday purchase was inevitabile, considering it originally was € 40. So my journey through the Arland Trilogy goes on (but first I have to beat SAOLS and Demon Gaze first)

Saphirax

1131927567791147922.jpg

Guilty Gear Xrd, AC: Syndicate, Wolfenstein TNO, Tales from the Borderlands and Dark Souls 2 SotFS. No idea when I'll play them.
It's okay, it's not like I had a backlog of like 10 games I bought in September/October...

RK128

Guilty Gear Xrd, AC: Syndicate, Wolfenstein TNO, Tales from the Borderlands and Dark Souls 2 SotFS. No idea when I'll play them.
It's okay, it's not like I had a backlog of like 10 games I bought in September/October...

Not a bad line up of games man :D! Hope you enjoy all of them and you got a nice mixture:
-Fighter (GG Xrd)
-Open-World Action/Adventure (AC: Syndicate)
-FPS (Wolfenstein TNO)
-Adventure Game (Tales of the Borderlands)
-JRPG (DS2: SotFS)

Something for every genre, so you will have a lot of variety for your PS4 this year and next year :D.

RK128

How is the vita version? Tempted to get it.

I would assume that it would mirror other Bamco Cross-Platform games; performance on PS3/PS4 is a bit better on Vita but the Vita version has the same content as the other versions.

In the case of J-STARS Victory VS+ though, the Vita/PS3 versions run better than the PS4 version (sloppy port?), so in a lot of ways, the Vita version is a great version to pick up on that alone :).

Bamco games normally are native res too and the controls adapt nicely to the Vita I would imagine. I own a lot of Bamco games on my Vita (SAO Hollow Fragment, SAO Lost Song, One Piece World Adventure Red, Tales of Hearts R, ect), so I feel that it is safe to say they do a good job with their Vita ports :).

Saphirax

Not a bad line up of games man :D! Hope you enjoy all of them and you got a nice mixture:
-Fighter (GG Xrd)
-Open-World Action/Adventure (AC: Syndicate)
-FPS (Wolfenstein TNO)
-Adventure Game (Tales of the Borderlands)
-JRPG (DS2: SotFS)

Something for every genre, so you will have a lot of variety for your PS4 this year and next year :D.

Honestly the amount of games in my backlog could last me until 2017 :p. And that's NOT accounting for all the 2016 releases. Only downside to both BF sales is the lack of variety for Vita games. Would've liked to get some titles for cheap.

RK128

Honestly the amount of games in my backlog could last me until 2017 :p. And that's NOT accounting for all the 2016 releases. Only downside to both BF sales is the lack of variety for Vita games. Would've liked to get some titles for cheap.

I would be more annoyed with that if I didn't get Lost Song recently and trying to tackle my massive Vita backlog XD!

The only Vita games I really want to pick up is the batch of 2015 games I missed out on (ALOT of stuff XD) and a few indie games I want to get on Vita (Bastion, Axiom Verge, Grim Fandango, ect).

Good luck getting though your backlog and you should be happy getting all of those PS4 games on sale :D!

Edit: And nice avatar change :D! Looks great :).

So now that I also have a PSTV, I can only push downloads from the web store to both Vitas. That's dumb.

It is very annoying. Sony doesn't give a lick about Vita.

I push the download, restart the device I want to download on to force it to start downloading (usually takes a couple minutes after the reboot) then once it has started downloading I go back to the web store and cancel the download queue.

Still a pain but better than scrolling through the damn download list.

Saphirax

I would be more annoyed with that if I didn't get Lost Song recently and trying to tackle my massive Vita backlog XD!

The only Vita games I really want to pick up is the batch of 2015 games I missed out on (ALOT of stuff XD) and a few indie games I want to get on Vita (Bastion, Axiom Verge, Grim Fandango, ect).

Good luck getting though your backlog and you should be happy getting all of those PS4 games on sale :D!

Edit: And nice avatar change :D! Looks great :).

Thanks! :D

Was hoping for a sale on Persona 4: DAN and Lost Dimensions. Although, I think it's too soon for Persona to go on sale.

Grim Fandango is a lot of fun. Bought it a few months back. I believe it's on sale now, although not sure if it's on NA or EU PSN.

Hikami

Jumped back into Dark Souls II PS4 after not playing it since I platinumed it and damn, summon signs everywhere. Guess a bunch of people just got it on sale recently. Maybe I can finally finish the Loyce set.

RK128

Thanks! :D

Was hoping for a sale on Persona 4: DAN and Lost Dimensions. Although, I think it's too soon for Persona to go on sale.

Grim Fandango is a lot of fun. Bought it a few months back. I believe it's on sale now, although not sure if it's on NA or EU PSN.

I wouldn't expect P4:DAN to go on sale until sometime early 2016. Lost Dimensions I could see have a sale in Jan/Feb honestly too :).

Thanks for the tip on Grim Fandango :D! Don't have the funds now, but will pick it up by the end of December :).

Benedict

What are the chances that The Order 1886 will be a PS+ offer the coming year?
Wondering if it's worth $10, although I won't have time to play it for a couple of months probably...

How is the vita version? Tempted to get it.

I've heard good things about performance and looks with regards to J-Stars, so unless you're ridiculously picky and need that perfect look (which would probably be the PS4 version) I'd say go for it.

Just downloaded it myself, but will be playing tonight and will drop my personal thoughts later.

Prelude.

I push the download, restart the device I want to download on to force it to start downloading (usually takes a couple minutes after the reboot) then once it has started downloading I go back to the web store and cancel the download queue.

Still a pain but better than scrolling through the damn download list.
When I pushed downloads it was only because I wanted to download it the next time I'd boot it up, if I have to download it immediately I might as well just buy the item and download it from the the top of the download list, no need to scroll. Going back and forth from the store is even more inconvenient.

I've heard good things about performance and looks with regards to J-Stars, so unless you're ridiculously picky and need that perfect look (which would probably be the PS4 version) I'd say go for it.
In terms of "look", the PS4 version is pretty far from being perfect.

RK128

Wondering if it's worth $10, although I won't have time to play it for a couple of months probably...

I don't know if it will come to PS+ down the line....but considering Sony must be aware of the lack of retail games on PS+, they will start pulling from their launch/post-launch line up first, then move on to 2015 releases late 2015/early 2016.

Considering how Ready at Dawn made Order, even if the game isn't great, they make damn good games, so I trust that if you get the game now, you will enjoy your time with it :).

It look great, the story appears to be interesting and if you like Gears of War's combat system, Order appears to copy that well enough. The SP is short and the game has no MP modes to extend its life, but as a whole, the game is a solid package well worth 10 bucks.

Chuy

I would assume that it would mirror other Bamco Cross-Platform games; performance on PS3/PS4 is a bit better on Vita but the Vita version has the same content as the other versions.

In the case of J-STARS Victory VS+ though, the Vita/PS3 versions run better than the PS4 version (sloppy port?), so in a lot of ways, the Vita version is a great version to pick up on that alone :).

Bamco games normally are native res too and the controls adapt nicely to the Vita I would imagine. I own a lot of Bamco games on my Vita (SAO Hollow Fragment, SAO Lost Song, One Piece World Adventure Red, Tales of Hearts R, ect), so I feel that it is safe to say they do a good job with their Vita ports :).

Just downloaded it myself, but will be playing tonight and will drop my personal thoughts later.
Good to hear.I'll probably wait til later before i pull the trigger on this. I'm seriously considering this along with Hollow Fragment for vita pickings but i already have enough of a backlog here that i don't want to add to it which is kinda why i'm hesitant to pull the trigger on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did honestly but at $10 you really can't go wrong and what i've heard from friends that have played it is that its definitely worth the $10

Good to hear.I'll probably wait til later before i pull the trigger on this. I'm seriously considering this along with Hollow Fragment for vita pickings but i already have enough of a backlog here that i don't want to add to it which is kinda why i'm hesitant to pull the trigger on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did honestly but at $10 you really can't go wrong and what i've heard from friends that have played it is that its definitely worth the $10

Bamco games take a while to come down in price; if you're considering getting it, get it now - it's $13.50 with the 10% discount and it's regular $40 or $50.

Benedict

Went with these games on US PSN, price after the 10% discount code:

Witcher 3: $22.50
Wolfenstein The Old Blood: $5.94
The Order 1886: $9

RK128

If you want SAO: Hollow Fragment, get it now. It is a great JRPG despite its issues story/characterization wise and for 10 bucks you are getting a JRPG with a massive amount of content (the game is more or less two games in one; a JP-only PSP SAO game remastered and a brand new SAO game set in a new section of Alicard's world).

I agree with you on the order; a game that looks like a good time and well worth the 10 bucks. Could see it be a Plus game latter in 2016 (September/October 2016) but still, worth the 10 bucks.

So I guess I unfortunately was right.

3a0.gif

Disgaea 5, Omega Quintet, Nathan Drake Collection, TLOU:R are the ones left that I still need. Shadowfall, Infamous, SAO and The Order in a sale (I know TO1886 is in a sale right now, but I can't).

Next year though... U4, P5, GTS, TLG, H:ZD are already a must. Nier 2, KH II.8, KH3, FF7R, FFXV, GT7 (if they don't release for the PC) in the future.

Saphirax

So I guess I unfortunately was right.

3a0.gif

Disgaea 5, Omega Quintet, Nathan Drake Collection, TLOU:R are the ones left that I still need. Shadowfall, Infamous, SAO and The Order in a sale (I know TO1886 is in a sale right now, but I can't).

Next year though... U4, P5, GTS, TLG, H:ZD are already a must. Nier 2, KH II.8, KH3, FF7R, FFXV, GT7 (if they don't release for the PC) in the future.

http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn

For Uncharted and TLOU:R.

W-00

Has anybody here played Lego Jurassic World on the Vita? If so, is it comparable to the console versions, or is it another crippled handheld version?

Takao

Banned
Plenty of bullshit on that list.

Vita and 3DS apparently have no exclusives or don't exist as eighth generation platforms.

The way people have twisted "exclusive" this gen has been such bullshit. The very first game on that list is also available on PS3, Vita and PC lol. If only all PS4 exclusives were like that!

Prelude.

Vita and 3DS apparently have no exclusives or don't exist as eighth generation platforms.

The way people have twisted "exclusive" this gen has been such bullshit. The very first game on that list is also available on PS3, Vita and PC lol. If only all PS4 exclusives were like that!
That list doesn't really make any sense. Sometimes PC isn't counted sometime it is, same for last gen or handhelds. GG Xrd (PS3/4) is "console", SFV (PC/PS4) is "console", S;G 0 (Vita/PS3/4) is "exclusive", Yakuza 0 and Ishin (PS3/4) are "exclusive", Resogun (Vita/PS3/4) is "exclusive", Godzilla (PS3/4) is "exclusive", Cyber Sleuth (Vita/PS4) is "exclusive".
It's a fucking mess.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You mean different editors with different agendas that they just love to fight over to make a completely lame point lead to an inconsistently edited list?

You don't say,

Massa

I think it's quite clear. If it's listed as exclusive it's only on Playstation platforms, and if it's listed as console exclusive it's on PC but not Xbox. The distinction between PS3/PS4/Vita is just not very useful to most people. PS4 owners don't care if a game gets downported to PS3.

Those lists are console warz bullshit. That's why they're so nonsensical.

Well, these lists can also be quite useful to owners of multiple platforms. That's why they were brought up in the first place, someone who owns multiple platforms needed help picking out games.

I think it's quite clear. If it's listed as exclusive it's only on Playstation platforms, and if it's listed as console exclusive it's on PC but not Xbox. The distinction between PS3/PS4/Vita is just not very useful to most people. PS4 owners don't care if a game gets downported to PS3.

Well, these lists can also be quite useful to owners of multiple platforms. That's why they were brought up in the first place, someone who owns multiple platforms needed help picking out games.

If these lists were designed to actually help people with multiple platforms look for which games they should get on which platforms, they wouldn't use sensationalized buzzwords to do their job. It muddles the message and confuses the reader.

Given that, between incompetence and agenda, I'll freely point to the latter in 99% of cases.

Prelude.

No, I meant what I said. The Resogun port that you mentioned is one example.
Damn, I removed "except for Resogun" from my post because I didn't want to make you reply with those like 2 other games that got actually downported to prove your point, but I guess it didn't work.

How is Sword Art Online - Hollow Fragment? I have that sitting in my cart and I am wondering if I haven't started the anime, will I be able to get up to speed on what is going on in the game or will I be lost? It was either this or Muramasa Rebirth but I wanted a long-ish game.

Fox Mulder

Just got a ps4, how long does Sony take to send emails? Need to verify an email address to do anything apprently, but aren't getting them.

Top Bottom