• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

Tizoc

Alright so for the $100 promo I already got Zesteria so that covers the $60.

So I`m deciding on what to get next, toss up between P4D, DR:AE or Transformers. Any recommendations?

This being the Vita thread, they'll tell you P4D and/or DR:AE.
If you like Platinum style action games def. consider TF: Devastation. If you want something to play on the go P4D runs really smooth and much of the tracks are quite catchy.

I watched some of the Digimon stream and was happy to see that they haven't dubbed the game. Is this a work in progress or will the game keep the original VOs?

Been trying to connect to EU PSN on my PS3 all day long and now that I finally managed it, it won't fully load the PSN Store. Is there something going on on Sony's side?

edit: seems to have fixed itself, I think. stuff from my download list is downloading.

edit2: nope, still can't access the PSN store itself. jesus christ sony.

Zhao_Yun

Seems like XSEED is having an event next week.

https://twitter.com/zackreese/status/652863391355113472

Tokyo Xanadu and TiTS SC release date pls.

On a different note, my games from Japan finally arrived! :D
CQ9rNcnWgAAMAGM.jpg

Which one should I play first though?

Saphirax

Seems like XSEED is having an event next week.

https://twitter.com/zackreese/status/652863391355113472

Tokyo Xanadu and TiTS SC release date pls.

On a different note, my games from Japan finally arrived! :D
CQ9rNcnWgAAMAGM.jpg

Which one should I play first though?

Yes pls. And CS release date as well. Though am wondering, what other games they could possibly announce.

-------------

Edit: Code:Realise will release October 21st in Europe!

For those on the fence, Aksys will also be doing a giveaway https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/652546666491285504

Zhao_Yun

Yes pls. And CS release date as well. Though am wondering, what other games they could possibly announce.

I don't think they have officially announced the localization for Xanadu Next yet. We only know of it because of the domain they registered.
Other possible titles could be Net High and Valkyrie Drive since they are both Marvelous titles, but I doubt they would announce a localization before the Japanese release.

Zhao_Yun

Luminous Arc Infinity pls

No one cares about that one :/

EDIT: Good imports btw Zhao_Yun. :) Have both myself but havent had time for Taiko yet

How did Luminous Arc Infinity do in Japan? Can't remember it doing good numbers :(
Will probably give IA/VT a go first :D

IA/VT is a rhythm game isn't it? Start that and if in time you feel you had your fill you can trade it off~

They are actually both rhythm games :p

Saphirax

I don't think they have officially announced the localization for Xanadu Next yet. We only know of it because of the domain they registered.
Other possible titles could be Net High and Valkyrie Drive since they are both Marvelous titles, but I doubt they would announce a localization before the Japanese release.

I might be confusing two different games here, but from what I read Net High isn't that good?
Luminous Arc Infinity pls

No one cares about that one :/

EDIT: Good imports btw Zhao_Yun. :) Have both myself but havent had time for Taiko yet

Oh, I completely forgot about LAI! Want that one as well :p.

I might be confusing two different games here, but from what I read Net High isn't that good?

Oh, I completely forgot about LAI! Want that one as well :p.

I hope XSEED doesn't forget it as well :/

Net High isn't out yet, it's this weird internet detective adventure game

hgxkZoy.jpg

Maybe you're thinking of the panty shot simulator Natsuiro High School? That's very unlikely to come here

Saphirax

I hope XSEED doesn't forget it as well :/

Net High isn't out yet, it's this weird internet detective adventure game

hgxkZoy.jpg

Maybe you're thinking of the panty shot simulator Natsuiro High School? That's very unlikely to come here

Yeah, was thinking of NHS. Net High sounds infinitely more interesting.

I'd be surprised if XSEED announced new games so soon. They've had such a full slate this year and a few things are getting delayed into next year already, it seems.

That said, if they are announcing stuff... Luminous Arc would be great, and I wish someone would pick up Ukiyo no Roushi too.

How did Luminous Arc Infinity do in Japan? Can't remember it doing good numbers :(

Last numbers I could find (from Dengeki, because they do a top 50):

[PSV] Luminous Arc: Infinity (Marvelous) {2015.08.06} - 650 / 30.394 (-32%)

Not a disaster. Not anything to write home about, though.

Also 2,602 digital sales according to Famitsu.

Benedict

Is there any reason to buy PS4 games on discs if you need to install most of it on HDD anyway?
Or are there some games that doesn't require a big install?

Is there any reason to buy PS4 games on discs if you need to install most of it on HDD anyway?

All games are 100% installed to the HDD. There is no difference between digital and physical versions. The reason to buy PS4 games on disc is so you can own, trade, borrow and re-sell them.

Tizoc

Boxart cover and that you can trade games that you've lost interest in :3

Zhao_Yun

The gematsu interview with the Digimon CS producer is online. Intersting tidbit:

In North America, and just recently confirmed for select European countries, there will be a physical release for PlayStation 4. Is there a possibility we’ll see a limited run physical release for PS Vita, as well?

(Habu signals to Bandai Namco PR rep.)

Bandai Namco PR rep: “Come to our panel on Sunday.”

http://gematsu.com/2015/10/interview-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-producer-kazumasa-habu-nycc-2015

So there might still be hope for a (limited) Vita physical run :D

RK128

Why aren't you playing TF Devastation already PS4 and VitaGAF?
dpptnj.gif

I'm waiting to get my PS4 to play that honestly; otherwise I would have gotten it at launch.

But, if the PS3 version runs well, I will just get that for myself this holiday if I do not get a PS4 :).

Considering this is Rising 2 in desguise (as Konami scrapped Rising 2, so Platinum went to Activision and Square Enix for more work using the Rising Team), it looks fantastic and I love how it not only touches on the original Transformers series, but also does a lot right with its gameplay.

Tizoc

Can't believe i gotta wait 3 weeks from now, AT LEAST, to play Blood Drive, the extra chapter in Book of Shadows just makes me want to play it noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Massa

So I finished the first Danganronpa, loved it. Great game, already have Danganronpa 2 and can't wait to get into it.

What is the more recent one about? I haven't read anything on it in fear of spoilers but I believe it's a third person shooter... what?

Also, any other similar games on Vita that I should get?

So I finished the first Danganronpa, loved it. Great game, already have Danganronpa 2 and can't wait to get into it.

What is the more recent one about? I haven't read anything on it in fear of spoilers but I believe it's a third person shooter... what?

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls is set between the two mainline games, but contains spoilers from both so must be played third. It very much feels like a Danganronpa game at heart - so I imagine most people that enjoyed the originals will enjoy it as well.

That said, it only really retains the story, visual novel elements, and the horror from the originals - opting not for trials and trial minigames, but instead going for first-person shooter, brawler, and active logic puzzle elements (ones where you move in the world, not at all like the minigames in the main series).

autoduelist

zero escape vlr is a visual novel, but instead of court cases you have room escape puzzles and a prisoner's dilemma sort of plot. A sequel is coming out soonish? 999 is the first, and people will insist you need to play it first, which can be done on a ds (or 3ds?) or Ios I think? I don't know, I played just the vita one and was perfectly fine.

persona 4 golden is a hybrid of a vn and a rpg

corpse party are horror vns i think.

um... there are other vita vns, i think, but i don't actually like the genre so am not the best resource.

Ventara

I haven't been paying attention to my Vita for a while, so I'm pretty behind on the news. Just saw that thing about Limited Run Games printing physical copies of some Vita game, which is fantastic. Really excited for that.

Though there seems to be a lot of other good Vita-related news.

Star Ocean Second Evolution is coming out this month in Japan

No gameplay in the trailer, but the game will have several enhancements:

Renewed theme song sung by twin duo Rina Eri
Trophy support
Paid gameplay support DLC
Graphics and background music quality increase

:O

I thought this game died a quiet death. Did not think it would actually be released.

SUPERBEAT: XONIC LEs are on sale now and will be gone pretty quickly. I got the $100 vinyl one. :D

https://superbeatxonic.ecwid.com

My biggest Vita-related regret is not getting the DJ Max Technika Tune LE. I want to go for it, but it seems that the only difference in the $100 version is that there's a vinyl copy of the soundtrack (albeit in a very sexy case), and I was able to preorder the game for cheap, so it'd be better for me to just get the OST instead of getting the $50 LE (which simply seems to be the game + OST separately). Ahh, what should I do? the $100 LE looks really nice, but the vinyl discs seem pointless to me.

The gematsu interview with the Digimon CS producer is online. Intersting tidbit:

http://gematsu.com/2015/10/interview-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-producer-kazumasa-habu-nycc-2015

So there might still be hope for a (limited) Vita physical run :D

:D

Cautiously optimistic.

Edit: And I just saw Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 is a real thing. Gonna go read up on all Vita news from the past 2 months in case I missed anything.

Sondar

Did the Japanese release of Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds ever get a physical cart edition? I know the limited edition of the game only had a code, but on eBay there's no mention if it's a cart or a code. :/

VLiberty

The bad thing about PS+ on PS4 is that I love playing on Vita and crossbuy games will obviously be played on Vita.

The list of PS4 games that will be ready to play when I'll buy a PS4 is shockingly short, considering that I've been piling up games for two years.
That's it:
Trine 2: Complete Story
Strider
Dust: An Elysian Tail
inFamous FL
PvZ Garden Warfare
Apotheon
Valiant Hearts
Rocket League
Lara Croft Osiris
Grow Home
and even then, I'm not sure Dust and Valiant Hearts are my cup of tea. The rest, mostly I've already played(or will play) on Vita. Either that or I'm not interestered into.

(pressed enter accidentally)

Vuze

Did PSN have a security breach or sth? Just received a "Reset your PW" mail but haven't used my account in ages. Also it doesn't have any "You requested to reset your PW" yadda yadd, just "Reset your password". Improbable that sb would want to hack it, I never bought anything on the PSN. Doesn't look like scam to me (sony@email.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com) but I'll just ignore it for now.

N° 2048

Did PSN have a security breach or sth? Just received a "Reset your PW" mail but haven't used my account in ages. Also it doesn't have any "You requested to reset your PW" yadda yadd, just "Reset your password". Improbable that sb would want to hack it, I never bought anything on the PSN. Doesn't look like scam to me (sony@email.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com) but I'll just ignore it for now.

I get those sometimes. I make sure it's actually from Sony and check the bottom if they have a link that says "Didn't request a password change? Report it here."

Just make sure sure sure it's from Sony. I get these from Facebook and PSN a lot...

RK128

Might as well share the new set of Vita wallpapers I made here, too:

http://imgur.com/a/w2y8r

Thoughts? Any that you think don't work?

I like them; a strong mix of different IP per page and it offers a great way to organize games. For example, you could put the Jak, Ratchet, Sly and PS1 Oddworld games on the wall-paper those IP are on.

Great work with the wall-papers and keep up the great work :D!

I've been trying to buy Mega Man Legends for the last two weeks and i'm getting an error every time. I've changed payment methods, removed payment methods, re-added them, updated my billing address to a different address and then changed it back to the correct one. I've tried everything and it just won't work.

and it offers a great way to organize games. For example, you could put the Jak, Ratchet, Sly and PS1 Oddworld games on the wall-paper those IP are on.

That's the plan. I like grouping all my games together, all the IP I made the wallpapers from have multiple entries available on Vita (either through PS1/PSP or Vita native).

And thanks!

RK128

I've been trying to buy Mega Man Legends for the last two weeks and i'm getting an error every time. I've changed payment methods, removed payment methods, re-added them, updated my billing address to a different address and then changed it back to the correct one. I've tried everything and it just won't work.

Why don't you try getting a normal PSN Card to get the game?

I always just stick with the PSN Card to get the games I want (don't trust Sony's servers after the hacks), so maybe you can try that to get the game.

If that doesn't help, I don't know what to say :(. Maybe they changed the systems, so it makes specific Credit Cards/Debit Cards not work well with Sony's systems.

I'm sorry you are having trouble and I hope everything works out soon.

That's the plan. I like grouping all my games together, all the IP I made the wallpapers from have multiple entries available on Vita (either through PS1/PSP or Vita native).

And thanks!

No problem buddy :D!

Top Bottom