• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

Massa

zero escape vlr is a visual novel, but instead of court cases you have room escape puzzles and a prisoner's dilemma sort of plot. A sequel is coming out soonish? 999 is the first, and people will insist you need to play it first, which can be done on a ds (or 3ds?) or Ios I think? I don't know, I played just the vita one and was perfectly fine.

persona 4 golden is a hybrid of a vn and a rpg

corpse party are horror vns i think.

um... there are other vita vns, i think, but i don't actually like the genre so am not the best resource.

Thanks for the input. I have Persona 4 that I played for 4 hours and stopped because I just didn't have time then, and I've been itching to start it again now. The length is a big sticking point though, maybe I'll finally do it after I finish Witcher 3.

VLR I heard the same thing, that you should play 999 first. That's a shame because that game is hard to find (and expensive). :(

The Corpse Party games sound interesting, I'll keep an eye on them. Are they independent of each other, story-wise?

Loudninja

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 10/13/2015
Arcade Archives Crazy Climber 2
PS4 — Digital (Out 10/15)

The Arland Atelier Trilogy
PS3 — Retail

Back to the Future: The Game — 30th Anniversary Edition
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Bedlam
PS4 — Digital

Corpse Party: Blood Drive
PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Farming Simulator 16
PS Vita — Digital (Out 10/12)

Goosebumps: The Game
PS4, PS3 — Digital

Grand Ages: Medieval
PS4 — Digital, Retail

The Jackbox Party Pack 2
PS4, PS3 — Digital

Minecraft: Story Mode — Episode 1: The Order of the Stone
PS4, PS3 — Digital

One Upon Light
PS4 — Digital

Super Blackout
PS Vita — Digital

The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut
PS4 — Digital, Retail

WRC 5
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Retail Out 10/16)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/11/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-10132015/

Why don't you try getting a normal PSN Card to get the game?

I always just stick with the PSN Card to get the games I want (don't trust Sony's servers after the hacks), so maybe you can try that to get the game.

If that doesn't help, I don't know what to say :(. Maybe they changed the systems, so it makes specific Credit Cards/Debit Cards not work well with Sony's systems.

I'm sorry you are having trouble and I hope everything works out soon.

No problem buddy :D!

I have always had paypal linked and used that and for some reason i'm getting errors now buying things.

RK128

I have always had paypal linked and used that and for some reason i'm getting errors now buying things.

Mmm....never used Pay-Pal, so I can't help you there :(.

Try buying a US PSN Card through Amazon or something, that way you could just enter a code and get the credit to get Legends :).

7PV5F0Y.jpg

Hardware Rivals PS4 Beta - Did you know Sony is releasing an arena vehicle combat game? No? A lot more fun and easier to control than that last Twisted Metal. Still relying on controlling with middle finger on R2 and index finder on R1 to turret aim which I am fine with but I expect many "awkward controls" in reviews as I know everyone can't be comfortable with it. Twisted Meta had at least an awful style to it unlike Hardware Rivals which has no style. The game is a little too slow in the too huge maps but it was hard to judge because I couldn't get a full server and sometimes nobody at all. This game will die unless it is a PS+ giveaway.

f61dTqd.jpg

Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Beta - Playing this game made so giddy I was squealing. Exceeds expectations in every way. Got rid of the lots of traveling to action in the two maps in the beta that is usually terrible in most Battlefield games. Still has the awful weapon unlocking with progression. But man is this game stunningly beautiful and a blast to play. Seems to be lots of modes and a good selection of maps. Fingers crossed on it not being a buggy mess at launch.

Damn, it really seems Sony has fixed the download speeds on PSN after a long time of suffering. Even the PS3 is fast now, so it can't be the 3.0 PS4 update.

Downloading AC Rogue, 6.6GB, 20 minutes left. Never seen it go this fast. The PS3 can now download games faster than it installs them.

RK128

Damn, it really seems Sony has fixed the download speeds on PSN after a long time of suffering. Even the PS3 is fast now, so it can't be the 3.0 PS4 update.

Downloading AC Rogue, 6.6GB, 20 minutes left. Never seen it go this fast. The PS3 can now download games faster than it installs them.

Even on Vita its quite fast; remember Broken Age (1 something GB's) downloading within 30 minutes and Super Meat Boy (under 300MBs) took 5 minutes to download.

Sony is being paid for online now, so its great to see our money being used to make the service faster and stronger over time :).

The Jackbox Party Pack 2 - Waiting for reviews to see if there is anything new.

Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition - Nothing sound like a more boring game than simulating driving a car across Nebraska.

Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut - Not sure the controls for PS4 would make this game fun. These are very mouse games.

The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition - This game has PS+ written all over it because every puzzle game goes to PS+ eventually. Will wait for that.

Super Blackout - This looks like PS Mobile game.

Bedlam - Looks poorly made. Without exaggeration looks worse than a PS2 game. Look at this crap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYkZrJzOGGM

Tizoc

The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition - This game has PS+ written all over it because every puzzle game goes to PS+ eventually. Will wait for that.
That's condescending.
Talos Principle was very well regarded by PC gaming community, if you ever played Portal 2 (which so far hasn't become a PS Plus freebie), it's in the same vein.
There is A LOT to this game, not just in gameplay but the story and narrative.

You're practically getting the game+it's expansion here.

I shy-ed away from it first but after hearing the positive reviews of it, I decided to get it and became one of my 2014 GotY contenders. Game is THAT good.
Also has option for 1st person and 3rd person view mode~

Some have put in 30 hours into a single playthrough and that's WITHOUT the expansion.

N° 2048

That's condescending.
Talos Principle was very well regarded by PC gaming community, if you ever played Portal 2 (which so far hasn't become a PS Plus freebie), it's in the same vein.

I shy-ed away from it first but after hearing the positive reviews of it, I decided to get it and became one of my 2014 GotY contenders. Game is THAT good.

Some have put in 30 hours into a single playthrough and that's WITHOUT the expansion.

Great game or not. He wasn't trying to offend anyone...it is a game I can totally see on PS+ as well.

I found it odd that you thought it was condescending...

That's condescending.

Didn't say it looks bad. I think it looks good but I do think it will be PS+ eventually based on previous PS+ content. Just stated I was going to wait and look forward to playing it then.

Tizoc

Didn't say it looks bad. I think it looks good but I do think it will be PS+ eventually based on previous PS+ content. Just stated I was going to wait and look forward to playing it then.

It's still worth $50, and with the promo going on right now, and if you have the time for it, it's worth getting.
You'll be pleasantly surprised by it, and far as I can recall I can't remember any Puzzle game even getting close to its level that is a Plus freebie :V

fozzy

I'm trying to buy Driveclub but I keep getting the error 'we've encountered an error while processing your order. the transaction has not been completed'

Has this happened to anyone else? Google gives no answers.

Tizoc

I'm trying to buy Driveclub but I keep getting the error 'we've encountered an error while processing your order. the transaction has not been completed'

Has this happened to anyone else? Google gives no answers.

eH psn having downtime or connection or server errors. Don't worry about it and try again after a few minutes.

kng3025

Even on Vita its quite fast; remember Broken Age (1 something GB's) downloading within 30 minutes and Super Meat Boy (under 300MBs) took 5 minutes to download.

Sony is being paid for online now, so its great to see our money being used to make the service faster and stronger over time :).

This is extremely pleasing to hear. Just got a 64 gig card for my Vita and will be doing a lot of downloading.. I noticed that the Witcher 3's newest patch downloaded relatively quickly, and was surprised.. Sony better not muck it up in the next stability update.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Thanks for the input. I have Persona 4 that I played for 4 hours and stopped because I just didn't have time then, and I've been itching to start it again now. The length is a big sticking point though, maybe I'll finally do it after I finish Witcher 3.

VLR I heard the same thing, that you should play 999 first. That's a shame because that game is hard to find (and expensive). :(

The Corpse Party games sound interesting, I'll keep an eye on them. Are they independent of each other, story-wise?

If you have access to US Amazon 999 is only 20 bucks and has been for years.

N° 2048

As far as I know Corpse Party is canon so you have to play Corpse Party, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows and then the third that comes out Tuesday.

First two are on sale until Tuesday, I just grabbed the first one. Going to start it tonight.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Completed Dark World in my SMB replay, only dark Cotton Alley left and some bandages etc to get 100% and done (again lol)

Not even going to think about doing all the No Death trophies

Hikami

Finished Ys Celceta, great game. Don't feel like immediately playing another Ys game though so I'll have to try Origin and Seven some other time.

Waiting for my copy of Disgaea 5 to be delivered for now.

autoduelist

holy crap at The Crew's trophies. One of them not only requires you to do a tour that takes 3.5 - 4 hours (no pausing), but you need to do it in a crew with another person.

I don't always need a plat for every game, but I find it terribly annoying going into a game knowing even if I love it, the plat might as well be inaccessible.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I ignore achievements/trophies whenever I can but I actually love it when they put in the real dickhead ones like "be the best player in the world" for the final ten points.

That and FF XI's achievements.

I ignore achievements/trophies whenever I can but I actually love it when they put in the real dickhead ones like "be the best player in the world" for the final ten points.

That and FF XI's achievements.

I love trophies, but I'll only go out of my way for the ones that aren't too troublesome. Otherwise it's just not fun.

Ventara

Looks like Muv-Luv is getting a physical Vita copy. $80 for the game, and $150 for the CE that come with the artbook and soundtrack.

autoduelist

I love trophies, but I'll only go out of my way for the ones that aren't too troublesome. Otherwise it's just not fun.

I sometimes paint myself into a corner. Like, I'll go out of my way to grab the collectibles or whatever other boring ass trophy exists, thinking it won't be too much of a problem... but by the time I realize that trophy, or some other trophy, is actually a massive pain I've already sunk so much time into doing stupid stuff I feel trapped. Either I waste another couple hours doing something stupid, or all that time I already spent doing stupid stuff was wasted. And I know I should just walk away, and sometimes I do... sometimes I don't.

I sometimes paint myself into a corner. Like, I'll go out of my way to grab the collectibles or whatever other boring ass trophy exists, thinking it won't be too much of a problem... but by the time I realize that trophy, or some other trophy, is actually a massive pain I've already sunk so much time into doing stupid stuff I feel trapped. Either I waste another couple hours doing something stupid, or all that time I already spent doing stupid stuff was wasted. And I know I should just walk away, and sometimes I do... sometimes I don't.

Amen!

I'm not a fan of hidden collectables at all. Its just a pain to hunt them all down, and sometimes the placing of them is just stupid - GTA IV for example (still can't believe I killed all the damn pigeons...)

That said, I'm loving Meat Boys trophies at the moment. They are genuinely challenging and when I get one trophy I actually feel like I achieved something. I managed to get the "No deaths" trophy for the salt factory (light) this morning, it felt damn good to nail down all 20 of the stages. Plus I swear its making me better at the game anyway. Not sure I can do the Salt Factory Dark World though, several of those levels kick my ass several times over...

Valkyria

Banned
Yesterday I bought a Ps4 thanks to the undercover promo here in Europe before the official price cut. I'm enjoying my time.

But I just remember that superbeat xonic is coming, and Vita is gonna get my time for sure.

I'm glad 1001 Spikes finally got released in Europe for the Vita. I started playing it (alternating it with Super Meat Boy, maybe not the best combination of games to play back to back!) and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. The trial and error nature of the game is nowhere near as bad as I remember it being on the 360 version (though there is time for the difficulty to get insane) and the extra arcade modes are an absolute blast to play.

Shizuka

Vita collectors, watch out! Muv-Luv Kickstarter has now offered a physical copy of the Vita version at the $80 tier and the collector's box with the Vita version for $150. For those unaware, it's a visual novel trilogy considered one of the best visual novels series in Japan.

They're still selling the $60 tier with digital copies of the Vita version for those not interested in physical copies. You can find more info and order your Vita copy here.

Vita collectors, watch out! Muv-Luv Kickstarter has now offered a physical copy of the Vita version at the $80 tier and the collector's box with the Vita version for $150. For those unaware, it's a visual novel trilogy considered one of the best visual novels series in Japan.

They're still selling the $60 tier with digital copies of the Vita version for those not interested in physical copies. You can find more info and order your Vita copy here.

I'm assuming the physical copies will be exclusive to the KS? It seems worth it, but that's still a lot of money ;_;

Shizuka

More tidbits from the Vita version from the Kickstarter:

For the $150 tier: You can still choose digital Vita over digital PC, but please read the FAQ for the things to keep in mind.

PSTV: it supports PSTV.

Add on: the Vita physical copy will be available as an add-on to your existant pledge if you want.

Hey guys, do you think the new Aqua Vita will be available on online retailers that ship internationally, like Amazon or Videogamesplus? Also, what do you think is the possibility of a Vita price drop announcement in Paris Game Week or PlayStation Experience?

Hmm... Can the 3 games fit in a single cartridge tho?

Top Bottom