• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

Sondar

Vita collectors, watch out! Muv-Luv Kickstarter has now offered a physical copy of the Vita version at the $80 tier and the collector's box with the Vita version for $150. For those unaware, it's a visual novel trilogy considered one of the best visual novels series in Japan.

They're still selling the $60 tier with digital copies of the Vita version for those not interested in physical copies. You can find more info and order your Vita copy here.

$150.00 version SOLD to the man at the back of the room!

Christian

Backed dat Vita Muv-Luv Collectors Box. My Vita backlog is strong, but I'm kinda purposely trying to make that happen. Even when the games stop coming, I hope to have a bunch left to play. I LOVE YOU VITA DONT EVER LEAVE ME.

Shizuka

Backed dat Vita Muv-Luv Collectors Box. My Vita backlog is strong, but I'm kinda purposely trying to make that happen. Even when the games stop coming, I hope to have a bunch left to play. I LOVE YOU VITA DONT EVER LEAVE ME.

Good call!

So this is where I shamelessly fish for SUPERBEAT: XONiC OT title ideas, because anything I'm coming up with is terrible.

Like autoduelist mentioned, any pun with XONiC.

SUPERBEAT: XONiC |OT| XONiC Boom

SUPERBEAT: XONiC |OT| Gotta Tap Fast

SUPERBEAT: XONiC |OT| You're Too Slow!

SUPERBEAT: XONiC |OT| Gotta Beat Fast

I just started actual sunlight and I really like the writing. It's strange how a game about depression/every day life manage to feel both funny and refreshing.

So this is where I shamelessly fish for SUPERBEAT: XONiC OT title ideas, because anything I'm coming up with is terrible.

SUPERBEAT: XONiC OT| Speed and precision without running or jumping

SUPERBEAT: XONiC OT| great speed and awesome loops

Shizuka

I wonder what happened with TVL. They used to be the best and fastest source for Vita news, but it's been a few months since they take up to five days until they share news posted elsewhere. Review-wise, it's the same thing. While we get a few reviews within the release date or even before, others take up to a month to be posted after release.

I wonder what happened with TVL. They used to be the best and fastest source for Vita news, but it's been a few months since they take up to five days until they share news posted elsewhere. Review-wise, it's the same thing. While we get a few reviews within the release date or even before, others take up to a month to be posted after release.

Nobody wants to post. I'm posting ~80 news stories a month by myself, then whatever they manage.

As for reviews, codes are coming later save for a few on the ball PR companies - so reviews take longer.

I've been meaning to get a trigger grip too, since I use my vita quite a bit. What would be considered the best one for the OLED 1000? I imagine those would be hard to find now but I wouldn't mind tracking down the best option.

JJP12

I've just snapped my vita into a trigger grip and

Lordy Lordy, this is a massive improvement.

Which one? I purchased a cheap one off amazon last year but it never really felt right. Naked Vita is fine and all but a comfortable grip would be great because I'm going to be dumping many hours into my Vita over the next couple months.

Shizuka

Nobody wants to post. I'm posting ~80 news stories a month by myself, then whatever they manage.

As for reviews, codes are coming later save for a few on the ball PR companies - so reviews take longer.

I'm sorry to hear that. I thought that with the big staff you have, on top of recruiting more people recently, you'd have more than enough people to cover all your bases. It's not even like there are tons of Vita news, if everybody helped.

I'm sorry to hear that. I thought that with the big staff you have, on top of recruiting more people recently, you'd have more than enough people to cover all your bases. It's not even like there are tons of Vita news, if everybody helped.

When we get it all, there's ~200 pieces of news a month. Most of our writers do less than 20 posts a month. :(

Omerta

Which one? I purchased a cheap one off amazon last year but it never really felt right. Naked Vita is fine and all but a comfortable grip would be great because I'm going to be dumping many hours into my Vita over the next couple months.

It's the PDP Trigger Grip. I was searching for as long as I've owned a vita for (Japanese launch 1000) but I've found them ridiculously expensive.

I found this one on eBay from America for $35 AUS with free shipping!

PMurphy1978

Neo Member

Hey Shizuka.

The vast majority of the posting is conducted by Kyle and I do have a large team, but the main reason that I have such a large team is because there is a huge amount of Vita news to report at times, contrary to popular belief. It's aloe worth pointing out that people are posting for free; as volunteers. We have been trying to find new people to write and even offering financial incentives to increase posting. It's also worth pointing out that a lot of the news is available elsewhere - we are not always "first" but we do have the bigger collection of news. You are noticing other sites seemingly positing more because they have upped their game somewhat. If you can point me in the direction of talented writers that want to make over 20 posts per month, essentially for passion, then that would be helpful.

Review wise, we are at the mercy of the PR companies. Lately we have been getting review codes very late and in many cases not at all. I have not control over this but I can assure you that we are working as hard as we can to get reviews completed. Some of the bigger publishers are ignoring us for no apparent reason when before we have had their support - yet sites that have poor or no news coverage of their games and inferior reach seem to be getting copies.

We have well over 350 Vita reviews - actual Vita reviews, not artificially inflated with PSP/PSM or PSOne reviews and post over 200 news pieces each month. We are also now chipping in with features, editorials and interviews. Our news may be a couple of days later than you'd like but I would say everything is still rosy.

Plus Magazine.

pariah164

Code:Realize - Prologue

38 minutes of Code:Realize for those who wanted to see what the VN was like!
NUyttbn.gif

Torn between watching this and my vow to stay canon-blind so my reactions will all be genuine.

Want. I really need a new brawler on my Vita, Akiba Strip isn't enough.

Thinking of importing Crows depending on how it turns out.

Anyway, since this is Marvelous, there's a chance right?

(Also, I'd really love a Kenka Bancho game for Vita. And no, not that Otome title).

I agree. And I really wish Kenka Bancho was on the Vita as well and not jumped ship to 3DS. Oh well, I've got a load of the PSP sequels to play at least.

Oh, and Corpse Party (EU) has a release date - October 20th. So many Vita games, so little time!

I played through Actual Sunlight yesterday and I really liked it. It got some beautifully executed writing and a very dark humor.

I'd like to recommend it to people that aren't depressed or that don't lack self distance, as it paints a pitch black portrait of a person that feels authentic.

--------

On another topic I have started playing Ar Nosurge and I'm loving it this far (except for mandatory fan service), but I can't stop thinking about how it would look and feel if it had the same budget as Uncharted 4 ;)

Edit:also.. the trend of bad static (or really badly animated) 3d characters instead of 2d portraits in story segments has to die.

I agree. And I really wish Kenka Bancho was on the Vita as well and not jumped ship to 3DS. Oh well, I've got a load of the PSP sequels to play at least.

Oh, and Corpse Party (EU) has a release date - October 20th. So many Vita games, so little time!

I was really hoping to see a Kenka Bancho that took advantage of Vita's additional power, instead of the one that we got on 3DS that looks like the PSP games (and I couldn't import it anyway).

Also, cool about Corpse Party. That's payday for me, so I guess they've got one more sale there :p

I was really hoping to see a Kenka Bancho that took advantage of Vita's additional power, instead of the one that we got on 3DS that looks like the PSP games (and I couldn't import it anyway).

Also, cool about Corpse Party. That's payday for me, so I guess they've got one more sale there :p

Its the import factor that hurt KB7 for me. I really need to get around to trying to "hack" my 3DS so it can play import stuff, but really it should never have been region locked to begin with. It was an incredibly frustrating choice by Nintendo especially as every handheld from them prior had been region free.

autoduelist

Want. I really need a new brawler on my Vita, Akiba Strip isn't enough.

Thinking of importing Crows depending on how it turns out.

Anyway, since this is Marvelous, there's a chance right?

(Also, I'd really love a Kenka Bancho game for Vita. And no, not that Otome title).

I just finished Def Jam : Fight for New York : The Takeover (psp). What a fun little game. It's certainly not the best game, or brawler, but it's basically plays like a wrestling meets UFC game (environmental attacks, ground and pound, submissions, etc) with multiple styles to choose from and a ridiculous amount of special attacks.

Oh, and completely informed by a dated selection of hip hop stars, from Flavor Flav to Snoop. And your trainer is Henry Rollins for reasons I'll never know. Flavor Flav's special is called Time's Up and is sort of a drunken master attack.

The reviews of it were fairly middling but man, was it worth every dollar during whatever flash sale I got it in. And the dialog! Oh my, it was worth playing just for the dialog:

"Yo dawg why you gotta be dissin' my hood"
"Caz yur hood is busted, bro."
"Busted? I'll bust you! And you ain't my bro!"
(combat begins)

-above dialog made up, but basically paraphrasing the hilarity that occurs before every bout.

MattyG

Banned
So I've entered my card info in multiple times and I keep getting an error that the "card information isn't valid". I bought stuff 2 hours ago just fine and all of the sudden I'm getting these errors. I tried to make the purchase with PayPal and it gives me the same error. Anyone else having a similar issue or have had it and know what I should do to fix it?

So I've entered my card info in multiple times and I keep getting an error that the "card information isn't valid". I bought stuff 2 hours ago just fine and all of the sudden I'm getting these errors. I tried to make the purchase with PayPal and it gives me the same error. Anyone else having a similar issue or have had it and know what I should do to fix it?

I'm getting this exact error too and apparently the solution is to buy cards off of Amazon in the meantime while waiting for it to be fixed.

I had this problem last weekend on the webstore. First purchase went through and then I couldn't make another purchase even after adding Paypal. Tried the next day on my PS4 and it worked. Sony store is always jacked.

Gotta get The Order for $20 and renew my PS+ for that $15 on $100 for the month.

Top Bottom