• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

yaffi

I have one on my main account (EU) and one I switch between US and JP. It's quite useful sometimes, but might not be for everyone.

I thought of doing the same, but I'm not using my EU account at all. All I've been using since I got the Vita in 2012 is the US PSN.

It's a bit of a hassle when DLC is involved, but it's nothing major.

Uh, TotP...

EU folks, go buy new banned game.

autoduelist

EDIT --
are there any known drpgs coming west anytime soon? For the longest time, i was looking forward to Op Abyss, and then DT2... and now those are both plat'd and behind me, and I realized... I don't have anything preordered. There are ones I want [Strange of Sword City] that have no localization announcements of worth.
Are there any I'm forgetting/don't know about/should preorder?

Any impressions on lunar, black rock shooter or generation chaos?

I owned Lunar on my PSP account.
It felt like a -very- traditional jrgp. That said, iirc I barely played it as I couldn't get past the opening cutscene. Too long, too cliche for me. But... it's supposed to be a classic so there is that, and I'm easily bored by jrpg cutscenes. I had the same issue with Crimson Gem Saga iirc... just too much text at the beginning.
I might still pick it up on my vita account and give it another chance, but my backlog....

Read reviews on the other two because I'm also interested:

BRS: you run around third person until combat occurs, at which point it's effectively turn based. You 'aim', but that's more just picking an enemy. Then, for awhile, it's rock/paper/scissors with shoot/dodge/block with a bit of 'overheating' thrown in to prevent spamming. Eventually you unlock many skills and abilities, but can only equip 4 - this supposedly makes combat more enjoyable, but still a little rote.
my verdict based on the reviews I read -- pass.

Generation oC: Pandora's Reflection
I tried playing a GoC game on psp and it was seriously obtuse and complex -- but I didn't read the guide someone posted above. However, PR is supposedly not that game. Now, it's more of a real time strategy game with some sort of active battle system. It's not supposed to be nearly as obtuse as the others.
my verdict: probably going to buy

Christian

Is there a directory or something about which games are banned? I don't even know what banned games you guys are referring to.

Prelude.

While I'm waiting for my new memory card to arrive I backed everything up to my pc individually. (so not the full backup but every game/ps1 save files etc. from the copy to pc menu) Do I need to do anything else before popping in the new memory card? Like formatting/deactivating stuff.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
EDIT --
are there any known drpgs coming west anytime soon? For the longest time, i was looking forward to Op Abyss, and then DT2... and now those are both plat'd and behind me, and I realized... I don't have anything preordered. There are ones I want [Strange of Sword City] that have no localization announcements of worth.
Are there any I'm forgetting/don't know about/should preorder?

None at the moment.

Pretty much anything new DRPG related is coming out in Japan.

Since it doesnt seem like you have a 3DS I doubt you play the EO series. As Untold 2 was the latest release.

None at the moment.

Pretty much anything new DRPG related is coming out in Japan.

Since it doesnt seem like you have a 3DS I doubt you play the EO series. As Untold 2 was the latest release.
Class of Heroes 3 is coming next year

and there will be an english version of Moe Crystal

Christian

Do we know anything about the Fushigi no Chronicle game from Spike Chunsoft? Looks kinda cool. Anybody play it? Any chance of localization?

Benedict

Just a tip for you people looking for alternatives to upgrade vanilla Destiny to Taken King
People are selling codes for the DLC (US PSN) in the Buy/Sell/Trade Thread.

I bought:
Destiny The Taken King DLC
Expansion 1
Expansion 2
+ Early Access Weapons Pack

For $30 and it worked just fine activating it on my US PSN account.
The DLC was one code and EA Weapons pack another separate code.

wilflare

Just a tip for you people looking for alternatives to upgrade vanilla Destiny to Taken King
People are selling codes for the DLC (US PSN) in the Buy/Sell/Trade Thread.

I bought:
Destiny The Taken King DLC
Expansion 1
Expansion 2
+ Early Access Weapons Pack

For $30 and it worked just fine activating it on my US PSN account.
The DLC was one code and EA Weapons pack another separate code.

I wanted to grab this! but you got to the seller first X)

incpdo

Haven't had the time to play resident evil revelation 2 vita since it came out so I didn't have the updates installed. What's interesting is I have only tried the game when it came out so it looked kinda good but it had 2 major things that bother me at the time. One is that the game looked kinda greyish like spiderman Vita looks. The second one is the color of the blood. Was an awful bright red that contrasted with everything else.

After updating today the game. I'm much pleased about how it looks and plays now. I've tried raid mode and even play a match with almost no frame dips at all. The game has a darkest gama now and to enjoy better how it looks you have to go to the settings of the game and change the brightness to half of the bar or a little less. This will help you enjoy the game with the darkness and obscurity it deserves but not exaggerating the blackness. I'm having a lot of fun with this game raid mode online its really good and the game itself plays very well.

Haven't had the time to play resident evil revelation 2 vita since it came out so I didn't have the updates installed. What's interesting is I have only tried the game when it came out so it looked kinda good but it had 2 major things that bother me at the time. One is that the game looked kinda greyish like spiderman Vita looks. The second one is the color of the blood. Was an awful bright red that contrasted with everything else.

After updating today the game. I'm much pleased about how it looks and plays now. I've tried raid mode and even play a match with almost no frame dips at all. The game has a darkest gama now and to enjoy the game you have to go to the settings of the game and change the brightness to half of the bar or a little less. This will help you enjoy the game with the darkness and obscurity it deserves but not exaggerating the blackness. I'm having a lot of fun with this game raid mode online its really good and the game itself plays very well.

Hmm, maybe I need to have a play and see how much it's improved. Haven't touched it since just after the second patch due to other game commitments, and would like to go back for trophies (with a better running version even more so).

incpdo

Hmm, maybe I need to have a play and see how much it's improved. Haven't touched it since just after the second patch due to other game commitments, and would like to go back for trophies (with a better running version even more so).
There is an improvement at least visually wise . I don't recommend to set the brightness much below the middle of the brightness bar because this makes the game almost unplayable, the obscurity is too much for you to see anything at all. Performance wise I notice less frame rate issues when there is a lot of enemies but this doesn't mean it doesn't have some framerate dips here and there. The change of the gama aspect is a big thing for me as it has darkness now and not a grey tone in everything. So yeah I'm pretty much enjoying a lot this game. In order to set the brightness properly do it from the main menu of the raid mode that is actually a playable menu it is easier to set the display brightness because you are able to see the changes in real time. So I recommend to enter the raid mode and chose a character, preferably hunk as he is the darkest one. Then play with the brightness until you are satisfied.

Parakeetman

Do we know anything about the Fushigi no Chronicle game from Spike Chunsoft? Looks kinda cool. Anybody play it? Any chance of localization?

I have it, though unless you are really into rinse & repeat roguelikes it will get old fast. Though if you like that kinda stuff you should be able to enjoy playing it over and over again. Also unlocking all of the classes is another amusing thing.

Think steam has different version of the game for sale?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh damnit, I'm missing 2 bubbles to complete my "vita screen solely full of anime girl face" page.

I need recs of 2 anime girl face bubble games asap.

Parakeetman

Oh damnit, I'm missing 2 bubbles to complete my "vita screen solely full of anime girl face" page.

I need recs of 2 anime girl face bubble games asap.

Get a screenshot of what you have, so folks can make reqs based off of that.

Scythian

Damn, this sale isn't really convincing me, and given all the good comments a few gaffers have been throwing toward Freedom Wars I'm really tempted to just buy it now, I mean, $15 isn't even that steep, but I'm hesitant due to a possible halloween sale over the next days x_x

Parakeetman

Damn, this sale isn't really convincing me, and given all the good comments a few gaffers have been throwing toward Freedom Wars I'm really tempted to just buy it now, I mean, $15 isn't even that steep, but I'm hesitant due to a possible halloween sale over the next days x_x

for 15 bucks and the amount of play time you can get out of freedom wars, it might be worth picking up if you are into action games.

granted not everything is perfect with various things of the games design, for that price you cant really go wrong.

just know that story progress is a bit slow with how some of the games pacing is poor along with the wander (warp) back and forth within the base for story progression events.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Get a screenshot of what you have, so folks can make reqs based off of that.

Well I mostly meant it as a joke, but sure, I wouldn't mind having 2 slots filled out someday. :p

2evg9XR.jpg

I could include monster monpiece but I have standards goddamnit.

Parakeetman

Well I mostly meant it as a joke, but sure, I wouldn't mind having 2 slots filled out someday. :p

lol if you got Operation Abyss next time it is on sale that would add another.

Sorcery Saga, All of the Neptunia games, Gravity Rush, Deception

Chuy

I'd say just do it. Honestly it's one of my favorite vita titles that i enjoy and has yet to be removed from memory card since i bought it.
Just a heads up though : While the gameplay is great post-game content is going to be super grindy if you want to attempt those missions and the story pacing is weird as it's slow to start gets interesting then ends on a cliffhanger.

The lack of Gravity Rush disappoints me

maouvin

Why is Totori at the right? It's not on release order, nor chronological, nor alphabetical.
For now I'm assuming it's there because the best game must be on a place easy to reach.

edit: oh, and one of the Senran Kagura games has a face on it. Bon Appetit iirc.

Is there a directory or something about which games are banned? I don't even know what banned games you guys are referring to.

Dungeon Travelers 2
Moe Chronicles/Crystal (since Chronicles has, Crystal will surely follow suit)
Monster Monpiece
Omega Labyrinth (kind of a given at this point even if it hasn't been stated, every thread about it has turned into a bangate)
Criminal Girls 1/2 (same as MC)

Those are the main ones so far, Valkyrie Drive will probably be the next depending on just how much lewder it is compared to SK.

Good standards, then. That's even better.

Ehh I'd say average at best, still a good anime girl face to show.

are there any known drpgs coming west anytime soon? For the longest time, i was looking forward to Op Abyss, and then DT2... and now those are both plat'd and behind me, and I realized... I don't have anything preordered.

We "might" get DT2-2 here depending on how much has to be censored and how Atlus feels DT2 sold, but that still won't be for a while.

Ventara

Dungeon Travelers 2
Moe Chronicles/Crystal (since Chronicles has, Crystal will surely follow suit)
Monster Monpiece
Omega Labyrinth (kind of a given at this point even if it hasn't been stated, every thread about it has turned into a bangate)

Those are the main ones so far, Valkyrie Drive will probably be the next depending on just how much lewder it is compared to SK.

You forgot Criminal Girls. Wasn't that the one that started it all?

Hikami

So I got this from the flash sale and of course.. I didn't have enough space on my Vita to actually even download it. (I have a 16GB card at the moment.)

Pretty tired of having to delete stuff so I finally ordered one of these, gets here on Monday.
Wonder if it'll actually be enough to fit all my digital games.

daxy

Question: did the PSV Atelier games not get a physical release in Europe?

So I got this from the flash sale and of course.. I didn't have enough space on my Vita to actually even download it. (I have a 16GB card at the moment.)

Pretty tired of having to delete stuff so I finally ordered one of these, gets here on Monday.

I got a used 64gb card the other day. Been reading about the higher capacity cards failing more regularly than the others, so I'm a bit worried.

Question: did the PSV Atelier games not get a physical release in Europe?

I got a used 64gb card the other day. Been reading about the higher capacity cards failing more regularly than the others, so I'm a bit worried.

No Atelier games got Western physical releases on Vita. As for 64GB cards having a high failure rate I think it was a bad batch - seemed to mostly happen in a cluster.

Tizoc

No it won't my friend.
No it won't.
And I'm one of the first GAFfers to get a 64 GB on release date and that thing filled up real fast...

Omerta

I've gone back to using my 32gb card - my 64 shit the tin... Half of it was corrupted.

Seems I'm by no means the only one this has happened to according to #theinternet

Does anyone know if Yakuza 4 (and hopefully 5 too) is playable with a Dualshock 4?
I have a busted DS3 and really don't feel like buying a new one just to play those games.

VLiberty

Mutant Mudds has smashed my expectations. Really wish it was available here for Vita, but the 3DS is very good nonetheless.

Saphirax

Grim Fandango is atrocious on the Vita. I don't suppose the PS4 version runs any better? Game keeps freezing when I want to load/save. It's been stuck on the 'Saving, please wait' screen for 5 minutes now :/.

Benedict

Grim Fandango is atrocious on the Vita. I don't suppose the PS4 version runs any better? Game keeps freezing when I want to load/save. It's been stuck on the 'Saving, please wait' screen for 5 minutes now :/.

How's Broken Age on Vita. Should I play it on PS4?

Shizuka

That's weird, I played it on the Vita without any problem, the touch controls are great as well.

Saphirax

How's Broken Age on Vita. Should I play it on PS4?
I haven't tried BA yet, but I've downloaded the PS4 version. Which I'll probably end up remote playing.

That's weird, I played it on the Vita without any problem, the touch controls are great as well.

Really?

There's other issues too. Generally, saving takes a long time. And whenever I press circle to run (well, it's more like a quick walk) the game stutters and drops to sub 15 fps...

Edit: Uh, yeah, my game is definitely tripping out. I assume there's no 'quick walk/run' in this game? Because pressing circle to do so doesn't work anymore.

Shizuka

Really?

There's other issues too. Generally, saving takes a long time. And whenever I press circle to run (well, it's more like a quick walk) the game stutters and drops to sub 15 fps...

Edit: Uh, yeah, my game is definitely tripping out. I assume there's no 'quick walk/run' in this game? Because pressing circle to do so doesn't work anymore.

That's really weird. Are you playing the EU or NA version of the game? I don't know if that'd make any difference. Try using the touch controls, maybe that'll help.

Saphirax

That's really weird. Are you playing the EU or NA version of the game? I don't know if that'd make any difference. Try using the touch controls, maybe that'll help.

EU version. I'm playing with the tank controls for the trophy, and not using the touch controls because I read it voided the trophy for some people :/.

Top Bottom