• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

I don't now if this is a good thread to ask this, but all the sudden PSN has stopped accepting my Playstation card with:

ZfXpmGy.png

So I go to add funds to my wallet instead and get:

8rfWmQG.png

I confirm my information to be correct. It's the same information I've had stored within PSN for the last 2 years, and it's worked for every purchase up to now (the last being Bloodborne back in March). Has anyone experienced a similar issue and found a resolution?

I was trying to take advantage of a few of the flash deals they had.

Saphirax

I don't now if this is a good thread to ask this, but all the sudden PSN has stopped accepting my Playstation card with:

ZfXpmGy.png

So I go to add funds to my wallet instead and get:

8rfWmQG.png

I confirm my information to be correct. It's the same information I've had stored within PSN for the last 2 years, and it's worked for every purchase up to now (the last being Bloodborne back in March). Has anyone experienced a similar issue and found a resolution?

I was trying to take advantage of a few of the flash deals they had.

I can't buy anything from the webstore either. Works fine on ps4/vita - although my error messages were different than yours. It's been like that for two weeks, if not more.

I can't buy anything from the webstore either. Works fine on ps4/vita - although my error messages were different than yours. It's been like that for two weeks, if not more.

I'll give it a go buying from the console. I've always made my purchases from the webstore previously.

Edit: No dice. Get a payment error there too.

Saphirax

I'll give it a go buying from the console. I've always made my purchases from the webstore previously.

Edit: No dice. Get a payment error there too.

Remove your CC info. I don't think it matters whether you do it via your browser or your console. After that just input your details once more, but do it from your console. It should let you buy then.

If that doesn't work, it could be that your account got locked for security reasons. Your best bet would be to contact customer service then.

----------

In other news, it was definitely the cross-save feature that was causing so many issues. For some reason, the game kept trying to use it. Put my vita into airplane mode and it works fine.

Remove your CC info. I don't think it matters whether you do it via your browser or your console. After that just input your details once more, but do it from your console. It should let you buy then.

If that doesn't work, it could be that your account got locked for security reasons. Your best bet would be to contact customer service then.

I completely removed and reentered my CC information. It says my card number is not valid when I format the address correctly. Which is pretty humorous considering it's actually a Playstation card. However when I enter the address incorrectly it seems to be okay with it, further adding to the confusion. In any case at this point I'm pretty confident my account is locked due to some fraudulent protection. I see half a dozen "Missed Charges" in my purchase history from my attempts. I've always felt PSN payment processing was all sorts of terrible, but this really takes the cake.

Saphirax

I completely removed and reentered my CC information. It says my card number is not valid when I format the address correctly. Which is pretty humorous considering it's actually a Playstation card. However when I enter the address incorrectly it seems to be okay with it, further adding to the confusion. In any case at this point I'm pretty confident my account is locked due to some fraudulent protection. I see half a dozen "Missed Charges" in my purchase history from my attempts. I've always felt PSN payment processing was all sorts of terrible, but this really takes the cake.

Yeah, their system is definitely messed up. I got a soft lock for trying to purchase more than 1 game from my Vita. That's when all the trouble started with their webstore. But, it seems a lot more people are having the same issue recently.

You should still contact support to see how long your account has been locked for. It's usually 24 hours, but could be more.

Well talking to support was as worthless as I expected:

Carlos: You can verify the information on file by accessing your account using the following link https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action Account > Profile and the option Billing information.
Me: I don't see billing information on the profile. Just "Real Name" and "Online ID".
Carlos: Please try to log in here: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
Carlos: You should be able to see an option "Billing information"
Me: The words billing information do not appear anywhere on that page.
Carlos: Please refer to the following link: https://support.us.playstation.com/...PayPal-information-from-a-PC-or-web-browser/?
Me: http://i.imgur.com/ZfENcSR.png
Me: This is what I am seeing. Billing information is not present.
Carlos: To receive accurate information, Please give a try access to the link.
Carlos: You should see the steps to check that information and set up your payment information.
Me: I'm going to repeat. The words billing information do not appear anywhere on that page.
Carlos: Please check the following article.
Carlos: There you will how to access to your billing information.
Carlos: https://support.us.playstation.com/...PayPal-information-from-a-PC-or-web-browser/?
Carlos: It would be more easier.

The image Carlos was directing me towards:

How the account tab actually appears when I'm logged in:

I gave up at this point. I know the guy is just following a script and can't help me when his script is either outdated or not displaying what I see.

I'm curious though does 'Billing Information' show up for anyone else when they follow the instructions?

Well talking to support was as worthless as I expected:

The image Carlos was directing me towards:

How the account tab actually appears when I'm logged in:

I gave up at this point. I know the guy is just following a script and can't help me when his script is either outdated or not displaying what I see.

I'm curious though does 'Billing Information' show up for anyone else when they follow the instructions?

I guess his script is outdated.
Billing Information is somewhere under Wallet -> "Add a new card" for me. At least that's where I can enter it, since I don't have one attached to my account since the PSN hack.

There's been a ton of reports of payment issues on PSN for weeks, I'd just buy credit on amazon for now.

I guess his script is outdated.
Billing Information is somewhere under Wallet -> "Add a new card" for me. At least that's where I can enter it, since I don't have one attached to my account since the PSN hack.

There's been a ton of reports of payment issues on PSN for weeks, I'd just buy credit on amazon for now.

I'm pretty sure the issue exists in how Sony stores addresses. It used to be that for some reason they constantly reversed my address line 1 and 2. It's not just Sony who I've had do this though. Square Enix did the exact same thing too when I was subscribed to FFXI. It's like Japanese company payment procedures don't know how to parse American addresses or something.

I'm giving up though. I'm sure even if the account information is correct it's going to decline for the next 24-48 hours due to too many failed attempts. I even tried linking my payapl but it failed. I have a Sony Playstation Visa so it'd be silly for me to not use that as my preferred payment method. But if PSN can't even parse it correctly then I may just need to find a new reward plan.

Saphirax

I'm pretty sure the issue exists in how Sony stores addresses. It used to be that for some reason they constantly reversed my address line 1 and 2. It's not just Sony who I've had do this though. Square Enix did the exact same thing too when I was subscribed to FFXI. It's like Japanese company payment procedures don't know how to parse American addresses or something.

I'm giving up though. I'm sure even if the account information is correct it's going to decline for the next 24-48 hours due to too many failed attempts. I even tried linking my payapl but it failed. I have a Sony Playstation Visa so it'd be silly for me to not use that as my preferred payment method. But if PSN can't even parse it correctly then I may just need to find a new reward plan.

Buying PSN codes online should work, if all else fails and the sale is about to end. It worked for me when my account got locked.

I have something like this when I switch between amazon.de and amazon.com. If I enter my street into the right field on one site it appears in the wrong one on the other.
But amazon doesn't really check the address of a card so it doesn't matter.

I think you may be onto something here. You could wait a week so their fraud detection cools off and then try again with street line 1 and 2 reversed. Worth a try.

Buying PSN codes online should work, if all else fails and the sale is about to end. It worked for me when my account got locked.

Probably, but I'm too salty with Sony right now to jump through hoops to let them profit off me. So they've lost my purchase from this sale. I'll just wait for the titles I was going to get to go on sale on Steam in the future, and those not on Steam I'll be borrowing from a friend's account.

Thanks for the help though, even if it didn't really get to where I was hoping. It's at least good to know the problem doesn't seem to be strictly with me.

I think you may be onto something here. You could wait a week so their fraud detection cools off and then try again with street line 1 and 2 reversed. Worth a try.

I'll probably try that when Bloodborne DLC is listed. Unless there's another sale that interests me before then. If it fails then I'm going to get on a different CC reward program and just go back to buying physical for PS4, and buying those cards for digital only games.

autoduelist

I haven't tried BA yet, but I've downloaded the PS4 version. Which I'll probably end up remote playing.

Really?

There's other issues too. Generally, saving takes a long time. And whenever I press circle to run (well, it's more like a quick walk) the game stutters and drops to sub 15 fps...

Edit: Uh, yeah, my game is definitely tripping out. I assume there's no 'quick walk/run' in this game? Because pressing circle to do so doesn't work anymore.

I just read about it, but I'm not. Don't even have the PS4 version downloaded.

Guess I'll just have to switch and download the PS4 version and see how it goes.

You could also rebuild your vita db and re-download GF on your vita and hope for improvement? I don't remember hearing about such issues around launch and no game should be taking even close to that long to save. I mean, GF barely needs to write any data to create a save state, so it's more likely some sort of file corruption somewhere [or other system level issue as opposed to GF issue].

Saphirax

You could also rebuild your vita db and re-download GF on your vita and hope for improvement? I don't remember hearing about such issues around launch and no game should be taking even close to that long to save. I mean, GF barely needs to write any data to create a save state, so it's more likely some sort of file corruption somewhere [or other system level issue as opposed to GF issue].

It was the cross-save feature. I got an error whilst playing about being unable to connect. That clued me in. Put my Vita in airplane mode and the game runs fine. Still no idea why the cross-saving is broken. I never even attempted to use it.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I just finished disgaea 4's main story on the vita. What a great game. Anybody have any advise on which of the post game content I should play first? keep jn mind I am not really a completionist. Would prefer cintent that does not require grinding.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about to take the plunge and finally buy a PS4. Is there anything that I should do with it straight out of the box it in order to get the best experience? Any settings or things I should set in the background while I get familiar with the interface?

I'm getting the new 1200 model in Japan, which I understand is more energy efficient and less noisy, but retains the old 500GB HDD. That's enough for me. I can always upgrade later if need be.

I'm looking to save video clips often, and copy them to my PC where I'll edit and upload them, rather than using the console's built-in edit/sharing too much.

I'll be wiring it directly to the router for online stuff, and activating a PS+ trial to begin my subscription. Will any games I download/saves I upload remain even if this trial runs out?

I didn't want to create a whole new topic just for these queries, but if there's a more suitable thread then please point me to it.

Thanks!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Heh until I noticed you were buying a Japanese one I would have told you to wait another six weeks and get a significant discount buying one on Black Friday.

autoduelist

I had a dream last night that my white oled vita first had a hairline crack, then the top layer of screen started chipping off. Like, you could still see the display, but you could no longer use the touch screen where it chipped and the chips kept getting bigger. I think I just had a Vita variant of the ole' 'teeth falling out' dream.

Thankfully my precious is ok.

Bruh....got some bad news for ya.
That's 90% of every Disgaea's post game.

To be fair, the Disgaea grind is different than most game grinding. It's absolutely built around it with lots of related systems that keep it engaging, you're not just running back and forth down some hallway.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm about to take the plunge and finally buy a PS4. Is there anything that I should do with it straight out of the box it in order to get the best experience? Any settings or things I should set in the background while I get familiar with the interface?

I'm getting the new 1200 model in Japan, which I understand is more energy efficient and less noisy, but retains the old 500GB HDD. That's enough for me. I can always upgrade later if need be.

I'm looking to save video clips often, and copy them to my PC where I'll edit and upload them, rather than using the console's built-in edit/sharing too much.

I'll be wiring it directly to the router for online stuff, and activating a PS+ trial to begin my subscription. Will any games I download/saves I upload remain even if this trial runs out?

I didn't want to create a whole new topic just for these queries, but if there's a more suitable thread then please point me to it.

Thanks!

Btw remember if your PS4 dies and you dont live in Japan not sure what your chances of getting it serviced outside of the country is.

As know for certain they wont touch a "foreign" PS4 if they know that is what you are trying to send it domestically.

So might want to consider that before getting a system that isnt for your region.

cyborg009

Banned
Btw remember if your PS4 dies and you dont live in Japan not sure what your chances of getting it serviced outside of the country is.

As know for certain they wont touch a "foreign" PS4 if they know that is what you are trying to send it domestically.

So might want to consider that before getting a system that isnt for your region.

Reminds me when I got my Japanese PSP fixed at store and they mess up my R button because it "foreign".

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/18/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-10202015/

Forced - Actually looks interesting. Want to see the reviews.

Organ Trail Complete Edition - Not a fan of a parody games if the gameplay isn't good. Retro City Rampage was a great game I enjoyed a lot. Will see.

Pocket God vs. Desert Ashes - I played the original Desert Ashes and it had a lot of problems as an Advanced Wars clone. I checked out the mobile reviews and it looks like it has the same problems. Pass.

Primal Carnage: Extinction - Interested but I don't want to pay for this. Looks like a bad Evolve clone.

autoduelist

Shutshimi (vita)

disclaimer: I got this code free from the dev.

First up, this is a shmup. And if you like shmups, this one is definitely worth getting for novelty and uniqueness alone, though there are better shmups out there.

This is a game that doesn't take itself completely seriously, and expects the same from its players. Gameplay, at first, is wildly chaotic, although with repeated play everything will start to come together and you'll finally come to realize it's a finely crafted arcade game.

So... first. Pick your ship! Each has different ratings, but this will be your first clue [assuming the goldfish with muscular human arms carrying a goldfish on the title screen didn't clue you in] that this game is an odd one. Each ship has 4 different ratings... but who knows what they are. Each ship is rated on different criteria... 'literacy', 'fashion sense', 'tv trivia'... if there are differences between the ships [and i believe there are] then it's left to you to suss out for yourself. This is true throughout the game.

Each wave only lasts around 10 seconds. Each is a super short bursts of shmup goodness, and after each one you pick 1 of 3 powerups. The powerups are just as confusing as the statistics, though over time you'll figure out what is what -- what does a donut do? An anchor? The descriptions may or may not help. One might give you a shield, or change your weapon, or invert controls, or put party lights on, or change your speed... there are countless different effects, and a lot of them are negative. This is where the 10 second waves come into play -- no matter how bad the powerup you choose is, you only need to survive ten seconds. Most powerups only last one stage, although some do persist [namely, a fishbowl shield and weapon changes seem persistent]. And while this seems utterly chaotic your first few games, you will eventually start to remember what does what, and this slight bit of control over the course of your game will help out your game considerably.

Survive enough stages and you'll encounter a new boss [and unlock them for boss rush mode]. Even boss stages only last 10 seconds or so, and if you kill them you get a big bonus. If not, they come back a few stages later, health still depleted from any previous rounds. Waves get more intense; more enemies, more bullets on screen... and suddenly 'bad powerups' can be devastating [inverted controls with a screen full of bullets!]. But the genius is that you only need to survive 10 seconds, and hopefully you've earned some extra lives...

I doubt the game will convert anyone to the genre, and the chaoticness will not be for everyone -- it doesn't have the consistency and pattern recognition that games like Soldner-X or Sine Mora do. But as a score attack shmup with a sense of humor? It's pretty solid and worth picking up at some point.

The amount of time you put into the game will directly influence how much you should pay for it... if you like learning the ins and outs of games and enjoy score attack games, I can see someone putting a lot of time into it. If you're just going to get in one 'good' game then put it aside, definitely wait for a sale.

Shutshimi (vita)

disclaimer: I got this code free from the dev.

First up, this is a shmup. And if you like shmups, this one is definitely worth getting for novelty and uniqueness alone, though there are better shmups out there.

This is a game that doesn't take itself completely seriously, and expects the same from its players. Gameplay, at first, is wildly chaotic, although with repeated play everything will start to come together and you'll finally come to realize it's a finely crafted arcade game.

Good write up but I didn't like it as much. The WarioWare shootem up just didn't work in my opinion.

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/10/15/shutshimi-ps4-ps-vita-review/

Li Kao

Hello guys, long time no see. I was browsing some Vita thread out of boredom and saw a lot of pics with strange vitas. Was a third model released ? I'm really out of the loop on that one. Just an aesthetic change ?

Shizuka

Hello guys, long time no see. I was browsing some Vita thread out of boredom and saw a lot of pics with strange vitas. Was a third model released ? I'm really out of the loop on that one. Just an aesthetic change ?

New colors for the Vita-2000.

autoduelist

Good write up but I didn't like it as much. The WarioWare shootem up just didn't work in my opinion.

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/10/15/shutshimi-ps4-ps-vita-review/

None of the humor really 'worked' for me [I don't even really read most of the text since it's not important]... and the game definitely felt extremely random to me. But after I put enough time in, it all just started to come together.

I think the devs were a little too 'invested' to be able to tell how the game appears to a new player. That is, they were so deep into designing it that all the randomness made sense to them from the getgo, and they never really needed to experience the utter chaos it is at first [which i think would push many people away from it].

But... once I did spend enough time with it, it did click for me. I'm still playing it now, actually. Not sure if I'm going to 100% it right away or not, but it'll definitely be kept in my shmup folder.

I never played 'warioware' so don't really know what that means.

I wanted to let VitaGAF know that TVL's 6th magazine issue is now free to the public. :)

Grab it if you're a Vita fan!

For those picking up Code Realize tomorrow or the day after, the OT is up!

Actually, I've got an introduction to video up for Code: Realize that you can include in your post if you like; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--gBHbnLl5g

Covers the prologue and the options systems, as well as a little bit of insight and information from playing.

Up to you, but thought I'd offer. ^_^

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Good looking out, but I live in Japan with no plans to move in the foreseeable future ;)
I think there's a year warranty at the store I got it from, then if there are problems after that it's back to Sony.

I started getting things all set up last night. Always nice navigating around new menus and checking every little feature.

Gonna research remote play and get that set up asap. If anyone has any tips (about that or anything else) they'd be much appreciated.

Shizuka

I wanted to let VitaGAF know that TVL's 6th magazine issue is now free to the public. :)

Grab it if you're a Vita fan!

Actually, I've got an introduction to video up for Code: Realize that you can include in your post if you like; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--gBHbnLl5g

Covers the prologue and the options systems, as well as a little bit of insight and information from playing.

Up to you, but thought I'd offer. ^_^

Sure thing, just added it to the OP! Also, for the Vita folk, that's the first magazine in awhile with a Shizuka-certified review (another banned game), I hope you enjoy the read!

Hikami

64GB get!

Been backing up/downloading stuff all day and this is the end result:

Before (16GB) and After (64GB)

Managed to fit pretty much every digital thing I've purchased. Then some random PS+ games I sometimes play. Still managed to have 26GB left over.

A recommendation to the people that are playing Wasteland 2 on the vita, turning on the colorblind option makes the hit procentage more visible (yellow instead of red)

I'm loving it this far (maybe 10 hours played).

Autoduelist: If you have missed wasteland 2 I recommend that you check it out :)

pariah164

Huh. So, decided to back up some stuff so I could delete them, and see that a couple of digital games I have show up as only 18 to 20 MB on my Vita, when they are over 1000 on my computer. (The games are Project Diva F 2nd and Hyperdevotion Noire.) What's going on here?

Huh. So, decided to back up some stuff so I could delete them, and see that a couple of digital games I have show up as only 18 to 20 MB on my Vita, when they are over 1000 on my computer. (The games are Project Diva F 2nd and Hyperdevotion Noire.) What's going on here?

You need a database rebuild is what's going on; the index table is corrupted.

... Well, horseshit. What does that entail?

Well, you need to boot into safe mode (with the Vita off hold PS Button, Right trigger, and power) and then select rebuild database.

It'll reset your bubble arrangement (as a side effect), but fix any database issues you have.

pariah164

Well, you need to boot into safe mode (with the Vita off hold PS Button, Right trigger, and power) and then select rebuild database.

It'll reset your bubble arrangement (as a side effect), but fix any database issues you have.
Eff. Well, worth it I suppose. Thanks for the info.

Saphirax

A recommendation to the people that are playing Wasteland 2 on the vita, turning on the colorblind option makes the hit procentage more visible (yellow instead of red)

I'm loving it this far (maybe 10 hours played).

Autoduelist: If you have missed wasteland 2 I recommend that you check it out :)

Can it magically increase the text size as well? :(

Some random glitches aside, I'm enjoying the game so far.

So, we got some numbers from NPD:

Persona Dancing 24k
DanganRonpa Another Episode 10k

For reference, Trigger Happy Havoc sold 13.5k first month (I'm unsure if we've had any numbers for other Persona games, this article says 48k for Persona Q though). Not much movement on DanganRonpa (and keep in mind, it doesn't count any sales from NISA's online store for either game).

I know they're not stellar sales in the grand scheme of things, but we also have some numbers for 3DS games:

Miku Mirai 24k
Senran Kagura 2 10k

In the same ballpark really. For all that Vita is dwindling in the west, it seems to be selling niche software in the same amounts it was when things were healthier (for reference other titles: Demon Gaze 6k/Conception 2 18k) and comparably to the other, healthier handheld.

Gives me hope that at least going into 2016 we might see a few more of those exclusives announced from IFI/NISA/XSEED given that things haven't completely collapsed yet.

Tizoc

Has anyone here managed to contact Sony support in regards to refund etc?
Contact as in actually go to their support chat page, don't link me to it I want to know if some of you can actually access it.

Has anyone here managed to contact Sony support in regards to refund etc?
Contact as in actually go to their support chat page, don't link me to it I want to know if some of you can actually access it.

I got two refunds from PSN through a combination of e-mails and phone calls.

Top Bottom