• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Good looking out, but I live in Japan with no plans to move in the foreseeable future ;)
I think there's a year warranty at the store I got it from, then if there are problems after that it's back to Sony.

I started getting things all set up last night. Always nice navigating around new menus and checking every little feature.

Gonna research remote play and get that set up asap. If anyone has any tips (about that or anything else) they'd be much appreciated.

If thats the case you are good to go. My launch unit from the US is currently a paperweight thanks to a reverse situation. So got a second white unit. It can be pretty loud though for whatever reason.

daxy

Got a refund by mail on EU store.

Is it possible to get a refund on a game you already downloaded? I got kinda burned by RR Type 4's shit performance and I thought the Vita version of VLR (EU) had English VA, which it doesn't. Do they specify some kind of time frame?

Is it possible to get a refund on a game you already downloaded? I got kinda burned by RR Type 4's shit performance and I thought the Vita version of VLR (EU) had English VA, which it doesn't. Do they specify some kind of time frame?

I used the online contact form here initially:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/contact-form/

The responses I was getting were from help@uk.playstation.com, I'd recommend using the contact form first though.

I'd already downloaded the games I got refunds for. I don't think you'll get the one for a game having poor performance though - SCEE seem really stingy with refunds.

For reference, the two things I got refunds for:

- Need for Speed: Underground Rivals said it was Vita compatible on the store page, but it isn't (now rectified).
- Thrillville: Off the Rails is available on UK PSN but has no English language options (iirc, it's fully in French)

As for timeframes, I got my first response on 01/06/15 and my matter was resolved on 22/07/15. In that time I sent 8 e-mail replies and phoned them about 4 times.

Repeatedly they tried to fob me off - initially saying it was up to the publisher not them:

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your e-mail about your Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account.

I can see from your e-mail that you’re having some problems with your SEN account. Unfortunately, as this is in game content, we are unable to provide further assistance on this matter. You will need to contact the games publisher for further advice.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions please contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below or by replying to this e-mail.

They tried that multiple times:

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your e-mail about your Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account.

I can see from your e-mail that you’re having some problems with your SEN account. Unfortunately, as this is in game content and there may be specific steps in game that you may need to take in order to rectify your issue. As we are PlayStation Support, we are only able to support problems with PlayStation consoles and accessories, as well as any issues with accessing content from the PlayStation Network. Therefore, for any further assistance at this time you will need to contact the games publisher for further advice. If they refer you back to us, you will need a reference number from them as well as a brief transcript of what was discussed so that we can assist you further.

I understand this is not the outcome you may have sought, however if you have any other questions please contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below or by replying to this e-mail.

Thank you,

Eventually they accepted it was them and I got the refund, but my god it was a lot of hassle. Wouldn't recommend their support services to anyone.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
So, we got some numbers from NPD:

Persona Dancing 24k
DanganRonpa Another Episode 10k

For reference, Trigger Happy Havoc sold 13.5k first month (I'm unsure if we've had any numbers for other Persona games, this article says 48k for Persona Q though). Not much movement on DanganRonpa (and keep in mind, it doesn't count any sales from NISA's online store for either game).

I know they're not stellar sales in the grand scheme of things, but we also have some numbers for 3DS games:

Miku Mirai 24k
Senran Kagura 2 10k

In the same ballpark really. For all that Vita is dwindling in the west, it seems to be selling niche software in the same amounts it was when things were healthier (for reference other titles: Demon Gaze 6k/Conception 2 18k) and comparably to the other, healthier handheld.

Gives me hope that at least going into 2016 we might see a few more of those exclusives announced from IFI/NISA/XSEED given that things haven't completely collapsed yet.

It is just really depressing how handheld/japanese games are just on a steep decline.

Christian

I can't believe that's all P4D, UDG, and those 3DS games sold... God bless XSEED and Atlus and all the other small publishers for the love and attention they put into each release, given the small audience. Doing real yeoman's work.

Putosaure

Well, my refund request was on Spyro 2 which I bought on the webstore for my Vita. I realized that the game wasn't compatible as I couldn't download it from the store, so I filled a refund enquiry. Back home I tried to download the game and it was available to download from the Vita itself. But the refunding process was already engaged so I now have the game installed, and the refund for it too. Best of both worlds I guess.

If it's your first time asking for a refund, they might do it. But don't take it for granted.

According to the EU PSN blog post we'll be having some Halloween deals soon :D.

My poor wallet, I already spend close to 100€ on PSN the last months thanks to the anniversary sale and the Rockstar sale. I have to show restraint.

If Corpse Party Book of Shadows is featured though...

kng3025

It is just really depressing how handheld/japanese games are just on a steep decline.

Yeah, it is.. I'm really glad the vita is still getting some high profile releases but those numbers are really sad. As much as I'm excited for the Digimon game coming out for the ps4 and vita, don't think it'll sell that well, thus showing developers that it's not worth the effort bringing over more games to the west, at least for the vita.

I need a P5G from Atlus!

Producer

So, we got some numbers from NPD:

Persona Dancing 24k
DanganRonpa Another Episode 10k

I know they're not stellar sales in the grand scheme of things, but we also have some numbers for 3DS games:

Miku Mirai 24k
Senran Kagura 2 10k

None of these look all that great. Niche pubs should be taking a look at IFI and XSEED and expand their horizons a bit, releasing niche jp games for handhelds in 2016 doesnt seem all that viable.

None of these look all that great. Niche pubs should be taking a look at IFI and XSEED and expand their horizons a bit, releasing niche jp games for handhelds in 2016 doesnt seem all that viable.

It seems kinda par for the course to be honest. Were numbers better last gen? I seem to remember Etrian Odyssey always hovering around this amount, and that constantly gets localized.

Absolutely, though, the sales figures seem to be on PC. I'm not sure where it's the mega money is, because a lot of the stuff reduced at launch.

Producer

NISA has anime and Atlus USA has blockbusters.

I dont think anime alone is enough to make up for their low game sales. They lost neptunia which IFI is making good money with on PC. Their only notable series they have is DR, and 3 is far away.

I'm not sure which games atlus has that are blockbusters. The only recentish game that has done well is Persona Q. P4G was 2012, Dragons Crown and SMT4 were 2013.

Shizuka

I dont think anime alone is enough to make up for their low game sales. They lost neptunia which IFI is making good money with on PC. Their only notable series they have is DR, and 3 is far away.

I'm not sure which games atlus has that are blockbusters. The only recentish game that has done well is Persona Q. P4G was 2012, Dragons Crown and SMT4 were 2013.

NISA limited editions cover most of the costs of bringing a game. Anime is a low-risk business for NISA that's been working great so far. They have also been bringing other companies games to Europe. They won't be going anywhere anytime soon, specially knowing that they'll release games on Steam soon.

Atlus has one game per year that manages to do great, and most of their 3DS releases manage to sell around 30k~50k in the long run, which is more than enough. They won't be going anywhere anytime soon now that they're owned by a bigger company.

daxy

If I could ask for one thing the network/interface architects (read: Bob the Builders) over at Sony could do, it's for them to add simple fucking tabs to the PS Vita download list so I don't have to scroll through endless lists of DLC to find the games I want to download. It's also great when you're finally halfway the list and it kicks you out because the network connection timed out or something. Instead they waste time and resources into removing fixes for their shit PSTV compatibility. The mind boggles.

autoduelist

I wonder what an average localization needs to make to be profitable? It's certainly cheaper than the initial release, since you're [hopefully] only covering localization, production, and distribution and the brunt of design was already bought and paid for for the initial release.

A recommendation to the people that are playing Wasteland 2 on the vita, turning on the colorblind option makes the hit procentage more visible (yellow instead of red)

I'm loving it this far (maybe 10 hours played).

Autoduelist: If you have missed wasteland 2 I recommend that you check it out :)

I played/beat the original way back when, and kickstarted this but only got maybe 2 hours in on my laptop [control scheme wasn't really friendly between touchpad instead of mouse and lack of numpad].

EDIT --- actually, I'd love more thoughts about how remote play works for it? Small text... I can survive that. Anything else I need to be concerned about?

Want it on PS4 to remote play to Vita, but since I already paid 'full price' for it I need to wait for a sale to justify it.

Shizuka

Well, it sold around 20k first week in japan. Not sure how it did in NA but i cant imagine it would be much better.

Well, NISA employees have mentioned that Disgaea is a franchise that does better in the West compared to Japan. With Disgaea 5, I think that'll be even moreso.

Toki767

Sale of the Dead is this week, Vita lineup's pretty sparse, no word on other systems.

Dracula X Chronicles for $2.25 is good.

GRIMgRiMoiRe for $1.50 is good.

Catherine for $5 is good.

Those are about it though. Everything else has either been on sale tons of times before or are still too expensive (like Alien Isolation is still $30 lol)

Dawg

The fact that this transaction error has apparently been around for years and STILL fucks up people's ability to purchase stuff (me including) disappoints me greatly. I refuse to believe it's a difficult task for them to fix this. I don't even know what is taking them this long. Support doesn't even know what the hell we're talking about when we mention the error. It is very annoying.

Ephidel

Okay, I had to do a database rebuild on my Vita because I was getting 'an error has occured' messages every time I tried to screenshot and my photos weren't deleting properly. Thing is, now the database has ... rebuilt ... some of my icons have vanished. Or been hidden? I don't know. Either way, they're not all there. How do I get them back? :|

Surely I don't need to play content manager games when the stuff was on there anyway before the rebuild. I don't want to risk doubling anything up or corrupting anything :|
I hoped maybe they'd just reappear after I started organising and dumping stuff in bubbles but that doesn't seem to have happened.

Okay, I had to do a database rebuild on my Vita because I was getting 'an error has occured' messages every time I tried to screenshot and my photos weren't deleting properly. Thing is, now the database has ... rebuilt ... some of my icons have vanished. Or been hidden? I don't know. Either way, they're not all there. How do I get them back? :|

Surely I don't need to play content manager games when the stuff was on there anyway before the rebuild. I don't want to risk doubling anything up or corrupting anything :|
I hoped maybe they'd just reappear after I started organising and dumping stuff in bubbles but that doesn't seem to have happened.

If you've got over 100 bubbles you need to put shit in folders then restart the Vita to get the extras (up to 400 more) to show up IIRC.

Ephidel

If you've got over 100 bubbles you need to put shit in folders then restart the Vita to get the extras (up to 400 more) to show up IIRC.
Thank you!
That seems to have gotten me all but three of them back (Freedom Wars, Elminage, and PSP2) which is a little odd, but better than missing as many as I was before. Restarting again doesn't seem to want to give me those, so I guess I'll have to try transferring those back manually and hoping it doesn't mess anything up.
Edit: After transferring those three back, everything seems to work as normal, so thanks again.

Massa

Thank you!
That seems to have gotten me all but three of them back (Freedom Wars, Elminage, and PSP2) which is a little odd, but better than missing as many as I was before. Restarting again doesn't seem to want to give me those, so I guess I'll have to try transfering those back manually and hoping it doesn't mess anything up.

Hum, see if you can find them in the content manager.

I wonder what an average localization needs to make to be profitable? It's certainly cheaper than the initial release, since you're [hopefully] only covering localization, production, and distribution and the brunt of design was already bought and paid for for the initial release.

I played/beat the original way back when, and kickstarted this but only got maybe 2 hours in on my laptop [control scheme wasn't really friendly between touchpad instead of mouse and lack of numpad].

EDIT --- actually, I'd love more thoughts about how remote play works for it? Small text... I can survive that. Anything else I need to be concerned about?

Want it on PS4 to remote play to Vita, but since I already paid 'full price' for it I need to wait for a sale to justify it.

The game uses the Vita back touch,

Top left brings out the skills menu (lock picking, heal, hack etc.)

Top right gives you access to the action menu (switch weapon, attack etc.)

Bottom left let you switch control between one character or full party (when exploring)

Bottom right change the camera (rotate, pan, scroll dialogue text).

I was surprised to see that the game was 35€ and that made me buy it day one (well that and the fact that I always wanted cRPGs on the Vita).

kng3025

Anyone play that new adventure time game? How is it?

I was waiting to hear some impressions before biting on it or not. Seems like there's some mindless fun to be had with the game.

Twitch app for PS4 isn't perfect but works pretty well

If the Vita one is similar it'll be great.

Are they both available to download? Will have to check it out once I get home. Was wondering when the app would drop.

I was waiting to hear some impressions before biting on it or not. Seems like there's some mindless fun to be had with the game.

Are they both available to download? Will have to check it out once I get home. Was wondering when the app would drop.
Only the PS4 App is out so far, and only on NA PSN

There is a free demo, i'm a try it.

EDIT: The writing seems to be about on par with the show, which is always good. Point and click (essentially). I think I'll like it.
EDIT 2: There's also combat, really basic stuff, and no way you could lose at it. Even feels like its impossible to lose a combo, doesn't go down when you stop hitting enemies.
EDIT 3: Also looks like an incredibly easy Platinum.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
If thats the case you are good to go. My launch unit from the US is currently a paperweight thanks to a reverse situation. So got a second white unit. It can be pretty loud though for whatever reason.

Sorry to hear that. Which model did you get as your second?

The 1200 noise seems reasonable to me. When installing Bloodborne the disc whizzed a good deal, but since then I've not noticed it. (I also have the TV volume pretty low as I usually play at night.)

Absolutely loving how seamlessly you can record gameplay and take snapshots while jumping to and from the game to sort out your captures and message friends. It all feels very streamlined and hassle-free so far.

Also pleasantly surprised by how fast the store loads compared to PS3.
Is there any way to sort your games in the main XMB? I liked using folders on PS3.

kng3025

There is a free demo, i'm a try it.

EDIT: The writing seems to be about on par with the show, which is always good. Point and click (essentially). I think I'll like it.
EDIT 2: There's also combat, really basic stuff, and no way you could lose at it. Even feels like its impossible to lose a combo, doesn't go down when you stop hitting enemies.
EDIT 3: Also looks like an incredibly easy Platinum.

Not bad. I'll check the demo out then, thanks a lot.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I just started broken age. Was playing the female side of the story first and it was such a charming game and world. Thank god for PS+.

Top Bottom