• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

Prelude.

The otome bandwagon is too packed, won't someone please think of the galge?
NISA, come on, give Kadokawa a call about that Amagami.

TotP: Buy Corpse Party BD and Dungeon Travelers 2, Europe.

:D So happy

http://ideafintl.com/trillion/

CRzf7LOUcAQeRug.png:orig

Yes!

IFI replied to someone on their FB:

"There will be a demo available at PSX! This is not part of our Press Event announcements"

Looks like my prediction was coming true!

Not that I expect a whole lot from the separate announcements at their press event. Probably this year's games ported to Steam (Neptunia spinoffs & Omega Quintet).

Yeah I have to do my preorder in amazon.co.uk because it is not physically released in Spain.

Seriously? Weird. I've been feeling it's the other way around recently, Spain seems to be getting a load of physical releases that the rest of Europe doesn't get. The Tadeo Jones games (not that I want them after having watched videos), but also Mighty No. 9 seems to be getting one, and the new Phineas & Ferb game is already up for pre-order in Spain but no-where else.

Hikami

I think you were the other poster, though I am legit shook that it was one of your best $40 you spent last year.
The thing is, I only had a 3DS for the majority of last year. Didn't get a Vita til like Danganronpa 2 came out. The 3DS wasn't really getting any games I was interested in. I wanted to play some Japanese 3rd party games rather than another Mario or Zelda or whatever. So it was more like there was hardly anything better to spend $40 on.

I didn't join neogaf til like much later after that game came out so I wasn't around for the OT. Was surprised to see that people actually hated it. Well, more like I was surprised to see the hate for a lot of things I liked. Guess most people just don't have a tolerance for mediocrity. Not like it matters to me I guess, I'm the one who gets to enjoy these things in the end.

I have been playing some more Vita RP wasteland 2 and this is my conclusion:

It's almost perfect, the only thing that bothers me is red text. For some reason they have added some bloom to all red text which results in unreadable text. Luckily you can turn on color blind mode which makes all the red text yellow and just as sharp as the green, orange or black text.

However, Ihope they'll correct this (remove the glow/bloom) in some future patch.

Edit: my experience is with dat OLED so I don't know if it's any different on the V2000

Powwa

Finally caved in and bought one of the new PS4 bundles after the discounts.

But to be honest there are more games that I'm going to buy on PS Vita than PS4 for next year. Well at least I can play Arslan musou and KH 3 some time in the future, lol.

Lost Song, P4D and Cold Steel will be my next purchases for this year.

Vylash

good news about makai shin trillion being confirmed is that it's not gonna be one of the press event titles, gimme fairy fencer f and neptunia blanc

Fnord

I don't now if this is a good thread to ask this, but all the sudden PSN has stopped accepting my Playstation card with:

ZfXpmGy.png

So I go to add funds to my wallet instead and get:

8rfWmQG.png

I confirm my information to be correct. It's the same information I've had stored within PSN for the last 2 years, and it's worked for every purchase up to now (the last being Bloodborne back in March). Has anyone experienced a similar issue and found a resolution?

I was trying to take advantage of a few of the flash deals they had.

I've just started having the same issue. Been trying to buy the GAF theme and Soma for the last couple of days. No dice. I get the "Error processing your order" message. Browser or mobile app.

autoduelist

Best part is; it's basically a retooled Vita game that was cancelled mid-year.

/yawn

C'mon guys. Remember real people -- real developers -- are out there making these games. And it's a good thing people like Shahid & Co. are out there helping them and promoting them. If [the collective] you build up some tease in your head and expect it to be Balder's Gate or Gran Turismo or whatever, that's on you.

We should be happy Sony has people so invested into gaming that they're psyched to help produce and promote the small guys too.

The thing is, I only had a 3DS for the majority of last year. Didn't get a Vita til like Danganronpa 2 came out. The 3DS wasn't really getting any games I was interested in. I wanted to play some Japanese 3rd party games rather than another Mario or Zelda or whatever. So it was more like there was hardly anything better to spend $40 on.

I didn't join neogaf til like much later after that game came out so I wasn't around for the OT. Was surprised to see that people actually hated it. Well, more like I was surprised to see the hate for a lot of things I liked. Guess most people just don't have a tolerance for mediocrity. Not like it matters to me I guess, I'm the one who gets to enjoy these things in the end.

I have a very high tolerance for mediocre games -- I've plat'd Conception 2, after all. I also plat'd Mind Zero which I actually quite enjoyed for various reasons. But where MZ had an interesting combat system that kept me interested the entire game [on hard], C2 had really cool systems that you never really needed to use. The balance was off in the game, and it broke it. I found no enjoyment in C2 whatsoever.

Hikami

I have a very high tolerance for mediocre games -- I've plat'd Conception 2, after all. I also plat'd Mind Zero which I actually quite enjoyed for various reasons. But where MZ had an interesting combat system that kept me interested the entire game [on hard], C2 had really cool systems that you never really needed to use. The balance was off in the game, and it broke it. I found no enjoyment in C2 whatsoever.
Well, I value characters, story, and plot more than gameplay. You're the opposite right? (Unless I'm confusing people here.)
I played it like a VN basically. I found my enjoyment there.

shmoglish

I don't now if this is a good thread to ask this, but all the sudden PSN has stopped accepting my Playstation card with:

ZfXpmGy.png

So I go to add funds to my wallet instead and get:

8rfWmQG.png

I confirm my information to be correct. It's the same information I've had stored within PSN for the last 2 years, and it's worked for every purchase up to now (the last being Bloodborne back in March). Has anyone experienced a similar issue and found a resolution?

I was trying to take advantage of a few of the flash deals they had.
Not the same issue (looks like you share the destiny of many paople at the moment), but since the last month I need to confirm my age via the informations on my pass. Psn says something like "to add funds to the wallet...", even when tere is enough money and I just want to check out. It works, but it is annoying.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

ZfXpmGy.png

I got that same error when I tried purchasing Nidhogg from the webstore.

Got home and tried directly from the PS4 and it worked fine.
Both times with the credit card, no double orders.

It may have just been the timing of the deals going up and the attempt to purchase. Not sure about your adding funds issue, though. Try from a different source or using a different payment method.

I got that same error when I tried purchasing Nidhogg from the webstore.

Got home and tried directly from the PS4 and it worked fine.
Both times with the credit card, no double orders.

It may have just been the timing of the deals going up and the attempt to purchase. Not sure about your adding funds issue, though. Try from a different source or using a different payment method.

I have had this problem for about a month now. Purchased something and literally 1 minute later I couldn't buy anything. Changing payment type does nothing.

Fired up my PSP so I could get Manhunt 2 for $2.50 because it isn't available for purchase on PS3. Wound up playing Prinny 2 for an hour instead of trying Manhunt 2.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Sorry to hear that. Which model did you get as your second?

The 1200 noise seems reasonable to me. When installing Bloodborne the disc whizzed a good deal, but since then I've not noticed it. (I also have the TV volume pretty low as I usually play at night.)

Absolutely loving how seamlessly you can record gameplay and take snapshots while jumping to and from the game to sort out your captures and message friends. It all feels very streamlined and hassle-free so far.

Also pleasantly surprised by how fast the store loads compared to PS3.
Is there any way to sort your games in the main XMB? I liked using folders on PS3.

The other unit is a CUH-1100A glacier white.

Escha & Logy, is that the atelier game that doesn't focus as much on time as the other games?

Someone in the OT said that yoru no nai kuni's framerate was as choppy as the vita version of Ar Nosurge, is that true?

For a "turn based" game that isn't a problem, but for an action game it sounds alarming.

------

On another topic

I'm starting to build up some hype for tuesday!

People here always talk about how you should have low expectations before events but I had the opposite for TGS and that worked out fine.

Im hoping for some left field Vita announcements (BG EE 1&2, shadow run, this war of mine)together with confirmation that already announced games are still coming (mostly banner saga, day of the tentacle, salt&sanctuary and Darkest dungeon). I also want to see that XCOM Vita is real and a couple of localization announcements (hero must die, tokyo xanadu, tokyo twilight ghost hunters +, world end eclipse, grand kingdom, net high, exist archive, GE remake, trails remake)

What I don't want is a late "AAA" port unless it's Nier, Resonance of fate or ni no kuni ;)

When it comes to ps4 I'm hoping to see the game from level5 that never was shown during E3, Vampyr (don't nod's latest game), David cage's next game, dreams(mm's next "game"), cyberpunk 2077(cd project red), something small from Ubisoft (like child of light or valiant hearts).

I also want release dates for firewatch and Dreamfall chapters.

Feel free to add to my list of humble wishes ;)

Edit: what I want the most is PS2 games on the PS4 (with emulation done right as in HD resolution and stable framerate)

autoduelist

Well, I value characters, story, and plot more than gameplay. You're the opposite right? (Unless I'm confusing people here.)
I played it like a VN basically. I found my enjoyment there.

Oh, very true - in games at least, I definitely only care about gameplay mechanics.

The story in C2 was pretty rough though. Not Monster Monpiece terrible, but very... generic stereotypes? The shy one, the sporty one. And lots of pure goofyness - oh no! You forgot to bring a towel and now I need to hand you one while you're getting out of the shower! And let's not even get into the endless dialog about making 'babies' by 'holding hands'. I had to hunt down all those darn cutscenes to get that plat and i'm still bitter.

Shizuka

No, kickstarter was for PC only.

Actually, there is a chance. Small as it may be, but when they made the Kickstarter, they mentioned there wouldn't be a Vita stretch goal because they wanted to focus on the PC version, that if it happens, it'll be discussed after the PC release, on top of proving to provide a successful KS to the publisher in Japan.

Top Bottom