• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

Prelude.

So how's Söldner-X2 for Vita? The complete bundle is on sale right now.

TotP again: Hmm, buy Code: Realize, I guess.
Also, Europe, buy EDF2 when it releases so that PQube will have enough money for C;H, R;N and ultimately S;G 0.

RK128

Escha & Logy, is that the atelier game that doesn't focus as much on time as the other games?

Someone in the OT said that yoru no nai kuni's framerate was as choppy as the vita version of Ar Nosurge, is that true?

For a "turn based" game that isn't a problem, but for an action game it sounds alarming.

------

On another topic

I'm starting to build up some hype for tuesday!

People here always talk about how you should have low expectations before events but I had the opposite for TGS and that worked out fine.

Im hoping for some left field Vita announcements (BG EE 1&2, shadow run, this war of mine)together with confirmation that already announced games are still coming (mostly banner saga, day of the tentacle, salt&sanctuary and Darkest dungeon). I also want to see that XCOM Vita is real and a couple of localization announcements (hero must die, tokyo xanadu, tokyo twilight ghost hunters +, world end eclipse, grand kingdom, net high, exist archive, GE remake, trails remake)

What I don't want is a late "AAA" port unless it's Nier, Resonance of fate or ni no kuni ;)

When it comes to ps4 I'm hoping to see the game from level5 that never was shown during E3, Vampyr (don't nod's latest game), David cage's next game, dreams(mm's next "game"), cyberpunk 2077(cd project red), something small from Ubisoft (like child of light or valiant hearts).

I also want release dates for firewatch and Dreamfall chapters.

Feel free to add to my list of humble wishes ;)

Edit: what I want the most is PS2 games on the PS4 (with emulation done right as in HD resolution and stable framerate)

Honestly, all I'm expecting is this:
-More News on announced games
-Hopefully localization news on a few bigger JP titles
-PS1/PS2 Games coming to PS4
-More footage of Ratchet & Clank PS4 coming out

That's it and I feel that its safe asking for those things :). Expected nothing for the Vita with E3, GamesCom and TGS and was happy with the little I got (World of FF for E3, some indie game announcements around GamesCom, TGS having a lot of Vita games being announced). Having that same thought process is a good idea for Paris Games Show, as they will want to focus on PS4 titles for next year (as it is Sony's GamesCom conference basically).

Glad you are excited though and I hope the stuff you want gets announced :D.

Also, Europe, buy EDF2 when it releases so that PQube will have enough money for C;H, R;N and ultimately S;G 0.

Its good honestly :). It has some great visuals, a strong score, and the gameplay is quite fun. Recommend the game if its at a good price :).

Vylash

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/4585-at...n-april?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

MCM London Comic Con kicks off tomorrow, and Koei Tecmo is present to showcase several of their upcoming titles. The publisher's booth has preempted formal announcements, revealing that Atelier Escha & Logy Plus, originally released this past January in Japan, will launch in Europe on Janaury 20th, 2016. 

Additionally, the western release of Yoru no Nai Kuni will be known as Nights of Azure, set to release on April 1st in Europe. As of right now, only the PlayStation 4 version of the game is set for localization

nampad

The port is superb, the game itself is a fun SHMUP but there are way too many game mechanics. Would still recommend it though.

incpdo

Commented on this in the thread of the announcement but its great to see more Idea Factory games get localized :D!

Looking forward to seeing more from this over the next few months :).
Yeah this is great ! I didnt think this game would ever get localized and it loooks way too cool .just tell me Tokyo Xanadu is going to be actually launched on western shores pleeeeeaase

Tizoc

Currently playing Disgaea Infinite on my Vita
"GORDON IS RELEGATED TO BITCH WORK.
WHERE'S YOUR SKIRT, PANSY?"

Dis game gaf. Must get Disgaea 1 PSP when it goes on sale

Ryan95

I've finally decided to buy Demon Gaze to get into the DRPG genre and make the wait for SAOLS easier to bear; in addition I found it at a dirty cheap price (about €15). I hope I will enjoy it

I've finally decided to buy Demon Gaze to get into the DRPG genre and make the wait for SAOLS easier to bear; in addition I found it at a dirty cheap price (about €15). I hope I will enjoy it

It's really hit or miss depending on how many/which drpgs you've played before it. As a starting point I can see it not being terrible, after playing something like DT though? The gameplay definitely leaves a lot to be desired.

Christian

Man, DQB looks so great. I'm really excited for that game.

So, I hate to seem ungrateful because I'm definitely not, but is there a reason why XSEED didn't just pick up the Vita Evolution version of Tails SC? I'm aware of the additional licensing, but couldn't they just theoretically cut the voice acting out? Or is that not how it works?

I'm buying it irregardless.

Prelude.

So, I hate to seem ungrateful because I'm definitely not, but is there a reason why XSEED didn't just pick up the Vita Evolution version of Tails SC? I'm aware of the additional licensing, but couldn't they just theoretically cut the voice acting out? Or is that not how it works?

They could but it's such a big cost-cutting measure that not many would want to take and since they also have the "regular" alternative they went with that. Also they can't put those on Steam.

SC Evolution didn't release in Japan yet, though. Only Ao, Zero and FC did.

Because of the voicework they would have to do for it, it eclipses any other game they have ever done (because there is no chance they could use the Japanese originals). That and using the Evo version would tie the game down to only being on Vita, something that there's very little chance of them making any kind of profit off it after all the other things they would have to do. The game also isn't even out in Japan yet and chances are the script was altered fairly significantly since the original, which would mean they couldn't even use the original's script either.

Christian

SC Evolution didn't release in Japan yet, though. Only Ao, Zero and FC did.

Yeah, I know. But how many years have we already waited for the game? What's another three or four months. Like I said, I'm not complaining. I'm thrilled XSEED came through. I just wonder if they couldn't broaden the audience a bit.

Yeah, I know. But how many years have we already waited for the game? What's another three or four months. Like I said, I'm not complaining. I'm thrilled XSEED came through. I just wonder if they couldn't broaden the audience a bit.

It would take more than three or four months. And they broaden the audience by putting out a damn good PC port.

The PSP version is still Vita-compatible, so their audience wouldn't be expanded all that much (except for the whole digital-only situation). But really, SC is for people that played FC, so the platforms that FC was released on should be enough.

Broaden? If anything it would shrink the audience quite a bit. The Evo games are not on PC, nor are they about to be ported by a company (definitely not by Xseed). Because of how the script and voicework is, it would also take significantly longer than "just a few months" to get it all done and go through QA with it.

Producer

Man, DQB looks so great. I'm really excited for that game.

Its a waste of money when the psp version is already vita compatible. And evo versions is not on PC where most of the money will be made.

Also the new artwork sucks. And everything Pellegri said.

Vylash

licensing

Christian

I'm not trying to fight about it. Just musing. I'll confess, I have no idea how PSP games have sold on Vita, after the PSP essentially ceased being a viable platform -stuff like Black Rock Shooter. Maybe it doesn't limit the audience. But I get the impression that if a regular person was to decide between getting a new Vita game or a new PSP game simultaneously, they'd opt for the Vita game.

And I KNOW I'm excluding PC from this discussion. Steam is foreign to me. And I understand the licensing differences. I have Ao and Zero on Vita. My exaggeration of three to four months was only based on the fact that they've completed the PSP/Steam game's localization.

Essentially, all things being equal, I'm wondering if a PSP version or a Vita version would be a better seller. Whatever. I shouldn't have brought it up. There's no point. I'm happy we're getting it in English, at all.

Producer

Take into account that all of them were at less than half of what it'd cost if it was a Vita title and the majority of them are most likely at about one third/fourth of that.

Not sure what that has to do with anything? And the game is $20 , vita title would be $40 so not 'less than half'

Prelude.

Not sure what that has to do with anything? And the game is $20 , vita title would be $40 so not 'less than half'
I'm just pointing out that Steam sales numbers are, in fact, just numbers and do not translate the same way as console numbers.

But anyway, I didn't know that Steam matches the price in all regions so I thought it was $16, since it's €16 in EU. (and €30 on PSN)

Prelude.

More money per sale sure, but they'd get less sales (and money) overall compared to PC
You don't know that, you have nothing to use as evidence.
You don't know how many people would buy it on Vita and how much of that would eat into Steam sales. If even only 10k people would buy it on Vita instead of Steam you'd get double the profit from those lost sales (at launch, in this particular case, excluding retail vs digital royalties) on Vita so how can you say that in an, unproven, ideal scenario you'd get less money?

Not really sure why this is still being talked about in such depth considering it doesn't matter at this point. We are not getting any of the Evo titles (because licensing, large amount of voice work, having to go through the script again and rewriting any old and new text and Vita not selling nearly as well as some of you think here) and we definitely are not getting a port of any of them to PC. I understand some of you guys are really gung ho about getting your physical releases, but at some point it's time to give up, especially when it's been talked about for months as to why we are not getting one.

If Tom and everyone else keeps saying that a physical copy would not sell nearly as well as the PC version, then why try and work out the math that no one here knows better than they do?

Prelude.

Not really sure why this is still being talked about in such depth considering it doesn't matter at this point. We are not getting any of the Evo titles (because licensing, large amount of voice work, having to go through the script again and rewriting any old and new text and Vita not selling nearly as well as some of you think here) and we definitely are not getting a port of any of them to PC. I understand some of you guys are really gung ho about getting your physical releases, but at some point it's time to give up, especially when it's been talked about for months as to why we are not getting one.
Not sure what physical releases have anything to do with it but it was just an FYI, since he was asking about sales numbers. No one's expecting them to shell out the money for the Evo remakes.

Christian

I'm not really sure why some of you are taking such offense to the conversation. It's not like anyone's trying to talk about anything else right now. Obviously, we're getting what we're getting and I'm sure as shit fine with it. I'm just playing devil's advocate. At least it prompted some spirited discussion.

Producer

You don't know that, you have nothing to use as evidence.
You don't know how many people would buy it on Vita and how much of that would eat into Steam sales. If even only 10k people would buy it on Vita instead of Steam you'd get double the profit from those lost sales (at launch, in this particular case, excluding retail vs digital royalties) on Vita so how can you say that in an, unproven, ideal scenario you'd get less money?

Man, im so confused lol. We have steam sales numbers for TitS FC so theres evidence there. We have the president of Falcom saying this:

...there are some titles that are worthwhile businesses based just on their North American Steam sales

So obviously there is good money to be made regardless of how many of those sales are from steam sales. I really dont know what you're on about with the 10k sales, double profit stuff.

Prelude.

Man, im so confused lol. We have steam sales numbers for TitS FC so theres evidence there. We have the president of Falcom saying this:

So obviously there is good money to be made regardless of how many of those sales are from steam sales. I really dont know what you're on about with the 10k sales, double profit stuff.
I think you might have missed the start of all this because we're not talking about the profitability of pc sales but the hypothetical scenarios aforementioned.

RK128

Can't believe October is almost over.....looking forward to Hollween and playing through a few games over that weekend to celebrate the holiday :D. Might play Fatal Frame 1 and 2 (both a while back during some Halloween Sale in 2013), re-play Walking Dead S1 and give Bending of Issac another shot on my Vita :).

Sorry if I haven't been posting much on here; college and home life pushing me away from both the Vita and the PSN thread :l.

Hoping that the PGS isn't disappointing (not expecting anything honestly) and that the PS+ games (if they are announced next week for November) are great for November :D.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

It is a good game. Good gateway game to the genre.

I found this in the gematsu comments

IFI had a Megadimension Neptunia PS4 livestream yesterday and at 8:13 they accidentally go back to the dashboard, and there's a japanese version of Atelier Sophie, which isn't even out yet in Japan.

https://youtu.be/cqzFv7kjEak?t=8m9s

Any logical reason why that would be there? Could they be involved in the localization?

So, XCOM Plus trophies proves that the game actually exists. Same trophies with PS3 except the DLC.

I'm guessing Paris Games Week is the place where 2K's Vita games will be revealed for west.

Someone pointed out in the Vita games thread, it looks like a mixture of Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within trophies, so the expansion should be included.

Vylash

I found this in the gematsu comments

IFI had a Megadimension Neptunia PS4 livestream yesterday and at 8:13 they accidentally go back to the dashboard, and there's a japanese version of Atelier Sophie, which isn't even out yet in Japan.

https://youtu.be/cqzFv7kjEak?t=8m9s

Any logical reason why that would be there? Could they be involved in the localization?
Ari might be, she did say it was her ps4 so maybe she's doing some work on it

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yesterday i bought Soldner X2 and Tokyo Twilight.
I really like Soldner, it's the kind of shoot'em up i like.
I'm only at the beginning of the second chapter but like Tokyo twilight too, i don't understand how the interaction with people works though, i mean if i want to simply "say hi" how am i supposed to do it? If i use friendship and tongue the character does something weird! All i do is friendship + hand to shake hands.
i'm also not really good at the board game(but there wasn't a good explanation of it imo), but i put my two characters one in front of the other attacking in front of them, so when the ghost attacked one of them the other attacked it lol.

So, XCOM Plus trophies proves that the game actually exists. Same trophies with PS3 except the DLC.

I'm guessing Paris Games Week is the place where 2K's Vita games will be revealed for west.

Man i really hope so :)

Top Bottom