• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

Kudo

I found this in the gematsu comments

IFI had a Megadimension Neptunia PS4 livestream yesterday and at 8:13 they accidentally go back to the dashboard, and there's a japanese version of Atelier Sophie, which isn't even out yet in Japan.

https://youtu.be/cqzFv7kjEak?t=8m9s

Any logical reason why that would be there? Could they be involved in the localization?

Wouldn't surprise me if someone was working on the it already, I hope the localization doesn't take long after JP release.

Redhood

My haul for the month! lol just realized the games are from all over the regions. Region free FTW.

22212855898_9ac537a64b_b.jpg

I am in love with Steins Gate. Done with 4 endings.
IA/VT. The rhythm game part is a bit easy. But the 3d PV's leave a lot to be desired. The presentation is top notch though.
OP:pW3: The framerate holds up really well. That is saying after the disaster that DW8:XL was. The game looks great too.
P4:DAN: The game is gorgeous on the vita and the gameplay is amazing too. A must for persona music and rhythm game friends.
Danganronpa:UDG: This game pleased me greatly. The TPS and brawling section control really well. The game is a looker and frame rate is solid too.
RE:R2: Note: Get the patches before playing this. Its 895mb. The brightness setting is completely messed up in vanilla game. Moreover the sound effects are really compressed. They could had dropped the audio files for other languages. It sounds jarring to hear the gunshot. Its even worse than AC3:Liberation. The framerate was ok. The character model look good too. Will post more detailed impressions for this one later as I get to play it more.

salromano

I found this in the gematsu comments

IFI had a Megadimension Neptunia PS4 livestream yesterday and at 8:13 they accidentally go back to the dashboard, and there's a japanese version of Atelier Sophie, which isn't even out yet in Japan.

https://youtu.be/cqzFv7kjEak?t=8m9s

Any logical reason why that would be there? Could they be involved in the localization?

Someone pointed out in the Vita games thread, it looks like a mixture of Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within trophies, so the expansion should be included.

Maybe they're just tight with Gust and they sent them an advanced copy.

Someone pointed out in the Vita games thread, it looks like a mixture of Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within trophies, so the expansion should be included.

If this is true, this would be the first AAA port that makes sense imo. And if the port is done well it could easily become one of my favorite games on the platform. However, I get a little worried that they'll have to cut some corners to fit both games on the limit sized vita cartridge.

Does a simular plus version exist on other platforms or could this be tailor made for the Vita?

-------

Now if only beamdog were to announce a Baldurs gate 1-2 EE vita port I wouldn't care less about more future western AAA Vita releases (because my western Vita wishlist would be empty) ;)

If this is true, this would be the first AAA port that makes sense imo. And if the port is done well it could easily become one of my favorite games on the platform. However, I get a little worried that they'll have to cut some corners to fit both games on the limit sized vita cartridge.

Does a simular plus version exist on other platforms or could this be tailor made for the Vita?

-------

Now if only beamdog were to announce a Baldurs gate 1-2 EE vita port I wouldn't care less about more future western AAA Vita releases (because my western Vita wishlist would be empty) ;)

They might go the FFXR mode and give a DL code for EW

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

-------

I think Baldurs Gate will have trouble fitting the UI onscreen tho.

VLiberty

It appears, reading through the PS3 lists and comparing them to the Vita one, that the multiplayer might be missing.

They might go the FFXR mode and give a DL code for EW

I really hope so.

I think Baldurs Gate will have trouble fitting the UI onscreen tho.

The vita has so many buttons, what if holding L+dpad (L+left=journal, rest, equipment etc.L+Down=skills, attacks etc. ...) and R=switch between enemies/characters. It's been a while since I played BG so I don't quite remember the ui or how casting used to work.

I think the biggest problem would be the Vita's resolution (text), but it works fine (not optimal) when RP wasteland 2

It appears, reading through the PS3 lists and comparing them to the Vita one, that the multiplayer might be missing.

Even better imo!

Ok, i'll do it :)

My favourite thing except for the combat system is how every episode has a intro and outro, I wish more games had that.

Speaking of Tokyo twilight ghost hunters, I just finished watching the (11min) combat video for the plus version and I don't see anything different from vanilla TTGH(?).

---

I'm a little interested in space hulk (especially that shoulder cam, such a good idea that I'd like to see implemented into other games) but from the videos that I've seen the game mechanics seems quite limited. Is it a shallow strategic experience or am I missing something?

My friend managed to get a cheap ps4 taken king bundle, and I've heard it comes with a 20 percent off a psn purchase coupon. Is this true or did I get bad info?

JJP12

My friend managed to get a cheap ps4 taken king bundle, and I've heard it comes with a 20 percent off a psn purchase coupon. Is this true or did I get bad info?

My friend just bought the Last of Us PS4 bundle and it came with a 20% off voucher as well. They probably include it with all new PS4 purchases.

Man, Midnight Club 3 really has been pulled from the PS Store. Gutted :(

In other news, been playing Zestiria (PS4); Infamous 2 (PS3) and Gundam Breaker (Vita) this weekend. Enjoying all of them!

Christian

How are the Gundam Breaker games? I'm NOT a Gundam fan - I don't dislike it, I just haven't watched a ton. But I am a fan of good, fun games!

wilflare

My friend just bought the Last of Us PS4 bundle and it came with a 20% off voucher as well. They probably include it with all new PS4 purchases.

I bought and used one such coupon before - it's legit. Fill your cart with $187.50 of items and it will be $150 after the discount code (so a maximum saving of $37.50) pretty awesome.

and if do it now (with the spend $100, get $15 back) - it's a total saving of $52.50 (for $187.50 worth of games)

How are the Gundam Breaker games? I'm NOT a Gundam fan - I don't dislike it, I just haven't watched a ton. But I am a fan of good, fun games!

I heard it's pretty good, one of the better gundam game series around

Bowl0l

I bought and used one such coupon before - it's legit. Fill your cart with $187.50 of items and it will be $150 after the discount code (so a maximum saving of $37.50) pretty awesome.

and if do it now (with the spend $100, get $15 back) - it's a total saving of $52.50 (for $187.50 worth of games)

I heard it's pretty good, one of the better gundam game series around
are you sure can fill the cart more than $150? I am using prepaid and I thought the limit for 1 shopping cart is $150?

It's too late to do anything about it now, but are the Minecraft DLC not all cross-buy? I was looking at my download history on the website and I don't seem to have the Minecon skin pack for PS4.

Kudo

If i fill the cart with >$150 worth of items, the webstore will stop me and said it exceeded the limit. Is there a account setting that i overlooked?

Use the code and add more so it'll stop at exact 150? I don't know how the codes work if you can just activate it and then start shopping, but that's what I would assume.

krrrt

is this the thread to ask about ps now?
Because I was sondering if other users on the same ps4 as the subscriber can also play the ps now games

I've only played the first one. Never watched Gundam anime or played another game in the series before.

Honestly, it's really fun and easy to understand. There's a few menu guides out there which can get you started (but the vast majority of stuff on the menus is in English anyway) and then it's 90% gameplay. There's some very minor dialogue every now and again but otherwise it's been smooth sailing.

As for the game itself, it's kind of... not sure how I'd describe it. It's sort of like a hunting game in that you're running round a lot of instanced levels, except you're not having the big fights with massive enemies at the end, it's more waves of enemies and sometimes an "Ace" unit (i.e. boss fight).

It's really fun. The Gunpla you control are very nimble and you collect parts from defeated enemies, so you can choose to build your own however you want - for example if you like bazookas you can choose that as a weapon, or machine gun, or rifle etc. Same with melee weapons.

There's a variety of mission modes as well, ranging from just clear out the enemies; defend a point; survive for as long as you can against waves etc. etc.

Like Parakeetman says, I'm led to believe the second game is better in every way - I just bought the first because it was cheaper and I wasn't sure if I'd like it. But I do, and I'll definitely be getting the second at some point.

Soo, PGW (and later PSX) is coming up.. anyone still getting their hopes up for God Eater? JP release date for Resurrection is also next week.

Or is the dream dead?

Soo, PGW (and later PSX) is coming up.. anyone still getting their hopes up for God Eater? JP release date for Resurrection is also next week.

Or is the dream dead?

I'm holding irrational hope that Gio Corsi has picked up Tales of Innocence R or Phantasy Star Nova. So I suspect there are still people gunning for God Eater :p

redcrayon

I'm a little interested in space hulk (especially that shoulder cam, such a good idea that I'd like to see implemented into other games) but from the videos that I've seen the game mechanics seems quite limited. Is it a shallow strategic experience or am I missing something?
I'm playing it right now. It's a very close adaptation of the board game, so while game mechanics are very simple, it all combines together to become more about controlling choke points and managing risk than about quick reactions and micromanaging individuals.

The core mechanic is overwatch- you have four action points a turn (plus a small pool shared amongst the squad) that allow a Terminator can move, move backwards, or move and shoot, or turn and shoot etc, he can also spend two of his points to set overwatch. This allows him to shoot at a genestealer (think Aliens) if it moves within his line of sight during the alien turn, but at a reduced chance to hit. Every time he fires, there is a slim chance his storm bolter (machine gun) will jam, costing two action points to clear and rendering any further overwatch attacks lost. Not every Terminator carries a bolter, some have melee weapons too or a heavy weapon instead, but 4/5 of the squad are equipped with them so mastering their probabilities of hitting or jamming over however many squares it will take the alien that is lurking around the corner to reach you is key. Also, you can't rely too much on the extra points as they are random, you need to capitalise on them to advance when you have a surplus, but be prepared to go without too.

The campaign introduces all the mechanics gradually (as did the board game), but there are some downsides. Terminator movement is a little slow, and text is now too small in the Vita port- they should have increased it. The upside is that the darkness and visuals are very '40k', all gothic, industrial and claustrophobic, and the map designs are clearly made to challenge the player's abilties to advance and protect their troops simultaneously.

I'd be interested to hear other impressions of this, as with Blood Bowl I'm a bit biased in that I grew up playing the board games and painting the miniatures, so while it seems simple enough and elegantly designed to me, it might seem brutal to someone not used to the random element of a 1/6 chance of a bad result with each shot.

RK128

Or is the dream dead?

Honestly, if it happens, I will be happy :). Its a great series so it coming to the west would be fantastic.

If it doesn't, oh well :l. There are plenty of other games to play on the Vita now and in the future, so I can live with not playing GE1 Remake or GE2 Rage Burst despite having interest in both games.

RK128

I rather have Namco localize the other Tales game. :|

That would be nice if localized Tales of Innocence R for Vita or the various DS Tales games that never made it out of Japan :(. But who knows, Bamco seems to like supporting the Vita (Digimon CS, Sword Art Online HF/LS, One Piece World Red, Tales of Hearts R, ect), so they might consider localizing older games :).

Hikami

Or is the dream dead?

I'm at the point where I don't care about God Eater anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They've taken way too long for me to keep interest.

Would rather they localize something else instead.

Chuy

Or is the dream dead?
I'm holding irrational hope that Gio Corsi has picked up Tales of Innocence R or Phantasy Star Nova. So I suspect there are still people gunning for God Eater :p
*High fives*
Good to know there's other people out there irrationally holding out hope for these games also.
I suspect if these two events pass and we don't hear anything about them then any chance of them getting localized will also pass with them.

That would be nice if localized Tales of Innocence R for Vita or the various DS Tales games that never made it out of Japan :(. But who knows, Bamco seems to like supporting the Vita (Digimon CS, Sword Art Online HF/LS, One Piece World Red, Tales of Hearts R, ect), so they might consider localizing older games :).
They're supporting it because they realized there is plenty of profit potential on the vita because of the insane attach rate. I ain't complaining though

daxy

Anyone know how saves work between digital and physical Vita games?

Like, if I bought a physical copy of a game that I already own digitally, would I be able to use the same save file?

You'd have to upload your save file to cloudsaves, remove the digital game's bubble and then redownload that save once you put in the cart.

Not sure if there's another way.

You'd have to upload your save file to cloudsaves, remove the digital game's bubble and then redownload that save once you put in the cart.

Not sure if there's another way.

Digital games will install over physical ones with the same signatures, and will keep the save that was present beforehand - not sure about the other way around though as I've never tried it.

--

Oh and for the record - you can also transfer copy #1 from Vita/PSTV to PC then move the save outside the sync folder, delete the game across all devices, install copy #2, sync copy #2 to PC, move the save from copy #1 into the folder copy #2 syncs to, and resync copy #2 with copy #1's save from PC to Vita/PSTV.

It's convoluted, but it works - I did it to Hot Shots Golf long before I knew you could overwrite games if they shared a signature.

18-Volt

Or is the dream dead?

Someone from reddit once told that reason God Eater still hasn't been announced for west is that D3 still holds the license in west (they are Namco's subsidiary). D3 is no longer a console game publisher in west, it seems XSEED is doing their job for them. Maybe we should expect two other God Eater games from XSEED?

Yeah that's irrational. Expect more console to Vita ports from Corsi's team. My wildest guess would be Street Fighter V, as Ono implied once. What else could it be?

Someone from reddit once told that reason God Eater still hasn't been announced for west is that D3 still holds the license in west (they are Namco's subsidiary). D3 is no longer a console game publisher in west, it seems XSEED is doing their job for them. Maybe we should expect two other God Eater games from XSEED?
The first part is interesting. But since Namco owns D3 (which I didn't even know before), I don't see a problem with them using the license. Interestingly, Namco published GE themselves in Europe and that's where they registered the GE2 trademark, but that could just be a coincidence.

I wouldn't mind XSEED doing it but I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Yeah that's irrational. Expect more console to Vita ports from Corsi's team. My wildest guess would be Street Fighter V, as Ono implied once. What else could it be?

Isn't Yakuza 5 also a Gio Corsi thing? I don't think it's THAT irrational to hope for some more localizations.

I'm playing it right now. It's a very close adaptation of the board game, so while game mechanics are very simple, it all combines together to become more about controlling choke points and managing risk than about quick reactions and micromanaging individuals.

The core mechanic is overwatch- you have four action points a turn (plus a small pool shared amongst the squad) that allow a Terminator can move, move backwards, or move and shoot, or turn and shoot etc, he can also spend two of his points to set overwatch. This allows him to shoot at a genestealer (think Aliens) if it moves within his line of sight during the alien turn, but at a reduced chance to hit. Every time he fires, there is a slim chance his storm bolter (machine gun) will jam, costing two action points to clear and rendering any further overwatch attacks lost. Not every Terminator carries a bolter, some have melee weapons too or a heavy weapon instead, but 4/5 of the squad are equipped with them so mastering their probabilities of hitting or jamming over however many squares it will take the alien that is lurking around the corner to reach you is key. Also, you can't rely too much on the extra points as they are random, you need to capitalise on them to advance when you have a surplus, but be prepared to go without too.

The campaign introduces all the mechanics gradually (as did the board game), but there are some downsides. Terminator movement is a little slow, and text is now too small in the Vita port- they should have increased it. The upside is that the darkness and visuals are very '40k', all gothic, industrial and claustrophobic, and the map designs are clearly made to challenge the player's abilties to advance and protect their troops simultaneously.

I'd be interested to hear other impressions of this, as with Blood Bowl I'm a bit biased in that I grew up playing the board games and painting the miniatures, so while it seems simple enough and elegantly designed to me, it might seem brutal to someone not used to the random element of a 1/6 chance of a bad result with each shot.

Thank you for the explanation! :)

It still sounds interesting and I'll probably pick it upp when I have finished lost dimension and Natural Doctrine. Have you played tried/played them?

Like YianGaruga says, is it? He grabbed Yakuza 5. I don't see why he can't pick up more localizations. One of the ones I mentioned is even a SEGA game!

As for console ports, it has to be something capable of running on vita somewhat. I can't really think of anything recent that would fit. I'd rather he reached into PS3's back catalogue and picked a decent game.

Top Bottom