• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
With the bunch of whiny little babies people have become about framerates regardless of platform, folks would literally freak out over PS Nova. Since some parts can get pretty bad. And this is coming from someone who doesnt give a flying fuck about framerates in general.

As in literally can turn into a slideshow bad.

Dont think that would help out sales at all considering how quickly chicken little spreads on the internet. Causing people to not buy something.

You played it? How is it?

Mmm, platinum.

CSSgH2iUYAAddxy.jpg:large

18-Volt

When did he imply SFV? I remember reading that he wanted to put USFIV on the Vita, but SFxT didn't sell well enough or something. But Ono implying SFV on Vita is the first time I heard about this.

I believe what you remember was about SF5, not USF4. Ono has never talked about USF4 on Vita.

It's much better candidate than other games. Easier to downport/or build ground up for Vita and it wouldn't be the first Capcom game Sony ported to Vita. Plus it's a newer title, wouldn't be a two year old late-port which everybody hates.

yaffi

Lost Dimension I haven't played yet but am really looking forward to it, I'm waiting for it to drop in price a bit but it looks exactly my kind of thing! I love Valkyria Chronicles and from what I've seen, it reminds me of that.

Entirely off topic, but today I learned that you can buy physical copies of Valkyria Chronicles for PC in EU; checked Amazon.com but couldn't find it there. So, is it EU exclusive or something?

Today is the perfect day for me to try the PS4 event app. I have now put my PS4 to sleep and the idea is that it will wake up and turn on the event when it's about to start. If this goes according to plan, it'll feel like a Christmas present in October.

Edit:so now my hype for this conference has spread to also include how I will be watching it.

Being over hyped days/weeks before an event>the short satisfaction of being able to tell people that they did wrong by expecting too much!

Edit 2: I'll create a Vita party (as usual) after the conference and you are welcome to join me ;)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
As expected nothing for vita at sony conference.

Am i the only one feeling that horizon is trying too hard to be original?
I love arcade, fantasy, scifi and unrealistic games in general and i hate realism in games, but seeing a game where a girl fights alone using arrows against robo t-rex with laser, hiding in the foliage when it should be really reasonable to expect robots to have night vision, heat view, some kind of radar and so on... It's too much even for me.

I want to try the walk VR lol.

Well let's hope for news at PSX eh

not even XCOM lol
You have to expect nothing from sony.
XCom and Civilization will have their own announcement or at max they will be announced in some 2K/T2/whatever conference/show.

As expected nothing for vita at sony conference.

Am i the only one feeling that horizon is trying too hard to be original?
I love arcade, fantasy, scifi and unrealistic games in general and i hate realism in games, but seeing a game where a girl fights alone using arrows against robo t-rex with laser, hiding in the foliage when it should be really reasonable to expect robots to have night vision, heat view, some kind of radar and so on... It's too much even for me.

I want to try the walk VR lol.

Nah I think Horizon looks very interesting. But I'm not sure what there is in the game besides hunting robot dinosaurs so it's hard to get excited. Different robots having differen "senses" needs to be there to make it interesting and I'm sure they'll have an in-universe reason for it.

Not surprised with nothing for Vita. Was there anything at E3 this year? I don't remember.

That said, I still hold irrational hope for Gio giving us something at PSX.

Aside from that, it was a bit meh for me even as a PS4 owner.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Apparently Aeternoblade sold enough to get a sequel for 3ds and vita.

Nah I think Horizon looks very interesting. But I'm not sure what there is in the game besides hunting robot dinosaurs so it's hard to get excited. Different robots having differen "senses" needs to be there to make it interesting and I'm sure they'll have an in-universe reason for it.

It's probably a monster hunter clone with some story and rpg elements.

Not surprised with nothing for Vita. Was there anything at E3 this year? I don't remember.

That said, I still hold irrational hope for Gio giving us something at PSX.

Aside from that, it was a bit meh for me even as a PS4 owner.

I was really impressed with dreams and look forward to Detroit, wild and boundless(?)

Hikami

Dreams looks like my kind of game. Not much else stood out to me from the conference really. The new Battlefront footage was nice I guess.

RK128

I expecting nothing for Vita and I got nothing for it; guess I was right in having no expectations for the show :l.

Still, the PS4 announcements did interest me a bit; liked how QD's older tech demo is becoming a full game, Cryteck making a game that fits with how they like to make games (the project might be based on a few ideas never used from Ryse), getting a few release dates was nice and I enjoyed both Dreams & Horizon's demos alot.

I guess PSX is where a few port announcements will take place for Vita. Or they will just get a blog post and stealth release or something :).

Kudo

Really happy with PGW, some nice Bloodborne The Old Hunters material and pre-orders opened, Gravity Rush 2 (!) trailer also looked really great. Horizon definitely seems interesting, but cautiously optimistic for it so I'll wait for impressions before I buy it. Racing people got their hype share with Gran Turismo Sports and Driveclub Bikes.
It almost had something for everyone, but I thought Nier Automata was supposed to be there too?

RK128

Yeah.. he decided to mostly stop posting after a certain event happened. But I guess that was the point

A real shame

Sorry guys :l; I guess GR2 was the point where I said "I'm done" with stuff. I love my Vita still and frequently play games on it (lots of PS1 classics and a massive backlog) but I'm just rolling with the motions regarding the Vita.

If cool stuff happens, I will talk about it :D. Otherwise, there really isn't much to say :(. I even stopped posting the LINE chat X(.

RK128

So, do we have a current, definitive list of "Must Own" Vita games from all regions?

To me, these are the must owns:
-Tearaway
-Sonic Racing Transformed
-Gravity Rush
-Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
-Sword Art Online Lost Song
-Tales of Hearts R
-DJMAX Technika Tune
-Superbeat XONiC
-One Piece World Red
-Uncharted Golden Abyss
-Killzone Mercenary
-Soul Sacrifice Delta
-Persona 4 Golden
-Dragons Crown
-Maramusa Rebirth
-Hatsune Miku Project Diva Series
-Neptuina ReBirth Series (1-3)
-SK: Shinovi Verses
-Sirens Gate
-Demon Gaze
-Dangronmpa 1 and 2
-Dangronmpa Another Episode
-Ar No Surge Plus
-Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD
-MGS HD Collection
-Ratchet & Clank Collection
-Sly Cooper Collection
-Sly 4 Thieves in Time
-PS All Stars
-Need for Speed Most Wanted
-Guacamelee
-TxK
-Fez
-Velocity
-Velocity X2
-Geometry Wars 3
-Super Meet Boy
-Bending of Issac Rebirth
-Broken Age
-Grim Fandango
-Rocket Birds
-Sound Shapes
-Shovel Knight

Shizuka

Tastes and opinions are so subjective that such a request is impossible.

To me, these are the must owns:
-Tearaway
-Sonic Racing Transformed
-Gravity Rush
-Uncharted Golden Abyss
-Killzone Mercenary
-Soul Sacrifice Delta
-Persona 4 Golden
-Dragons Crown
-Maramusa Rebirth
-Neptuina ReBirth Series (1-3)
-SK: Shinovi Verses
-Dangronmpa 1 and 2
-Dangronmpa Another Episode
-Ar No Surge Plus
-Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD
-MGS HD Collection
-Ratchet & Clank Collection
-Sly Cooper Collection
-Sly 4 Thieves in Time
-PS All Stars
-Need for Speed Most Wanted
-Guacamelee
-TxK
-Fez
-Super Meet Boy
-Bending of Issac Rebirth
-Broken Age
-Grim Fandango
-Rocket Birds
-Sound Shapes
-Shovel Knight

ctrl+f Geometry Wars 3
ctrl+f Velocity

RK pls

See?

RK128

Fixed my list guys XD! The Vita has so many games, its hard to remember all of them :').
...Damn it X(! Forgot to put SAO and Tales of Heart to my list :l.

Making lists is hard XD.

Shizuka

Fixed my list guys XD! The Vita has so many games, its hard to remember all of them :').
...Damn it X(! Forgot to put SAO and Tales of Heart to my list :l.

Making lists is hard XD.

You forgot Steins;Gate and Demon Gaze. You're dead to me.

Top Bottom