• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

I also found those gems throughout last month while shopping and added them to my already growing Vita collection.

HYYsHZQl.jpg

Not sure if I'm close to anyone else in the number physical Vita titles in their collection. I know NinjamicWZ is probably a WAYS away from what I have collected, lol.

But I will be buying Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy for the Vita this month. I have a huge backlog now. Geez...

Great start, though. That Ys LE is something I should have bought and didn't... don't know wtf I was thinking.

Go Miku, and for winning GotM... even though I voted for Isaac, but Miku's the only other Vita game that captured my attention last month, and it rules.

It's like a nut
you can play with
on the toilet.
squirrel1.jpg

Seriously, where the fuck is the Sony I fell in love with? Where are the crazy oddball ads? Where's my Colony Wars Collection? Where the hell is Crash Bandicoot?!

I missed these ads, and still miss Psygnosis/Sony Liverpool. Sony needs to buy back Crash and put some platformers on Vita.

Okay I'm done. Sorry.
Nuts.

SerTapTap

Don't think I can do the spend $100 thing due to my newfound unwillingness to buy digital at the same price as retail (especially for fully priced games). Even adding a bunch of stuff I only kinda want to my cart I still end up >$50 short and a PS+ sub seems like a waste.

Seriously, where the fuck is the Sony I fell in love with? Where are the crazy oddball ads? Where's my Colony Wars Collection? Where the hell is Crash Bandicoot?!

I missed these ads, and still miss Psygnosis/Sony Liverpool. Sony needs to buy back Crash and put some platformers on Vita.

Okay I'm done. Sorry.
Nuts.

There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth over those ads originally so I'm not too surprised. I'm kinda glad they're more on point than the launch PS3 ads ever were, though I admit I liked the ridiculous squirrel ads. I loved my cheese you can listen to outside

There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth over those ads originally so I'm not too surprised. I'm kinda glad they're more on point than the launch PS3 ads ever were, though I admit I liked the ridiculous squirrel ads. I loved my cheese you can listen to outside

Speaking of ads, I wish SCEA or SCEE would bust out some ads for Vita like the PSP had. The one with the Franz Ferdinand song (Take Me Out) at the start was a fucking system seller if I ever saw one; I know so many people that bought PSPs right after seeing it for the first time.

Speaking of ads, I wish SCEA or SCEE would bust out some ads for Vita like the PSP had. The one with the Franz Ferdinand song (Take Me Out) at the start was a fucking system seller if I ever saw one; I know so many people that bought PSPs right after seeing it for the first time.

Listening to Franz Ferdinand. No idea what ad you're talking about, but I'd buy a vita for Franz Ferdinand
lol

In seriousness, I think their ad campaign in japan translates pretty well to western audiences.

yolohenplz

Neo Member
New thread o/

Looking forward to Fantasy Hero, waiting for my copy of Phantasy Star Nova and Dengiki Bunko Fighting Climax :3

So what happened with Over my Dead Body? Stealth release again?

What's going in with Over my Dead body atm is that the developers are waiting for a holiday release date; that is, when they know the sells are going to be good.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
If they are making baldur's gate for vita, they may as well make baldur's gate 2 EE and make a compilation of both games. I'd pay 30 bucks for that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but PDF 2nd (PS3) is super cheap on HK PSN. $260 HKD, which comes out to $33.53 USD.

EDIT: It's the English version, I should add.

I don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but PDF 2nd (PS3) is super cheap on HK PSN. $260 HKD, which comes out to $33.53 USD.

EDIT: It's the English version, I should add.

Is it me, or is Asian currency always misleading due to being used to currency models from the West?

Even though I know the rough US dollar translation for HKD and Yen, when someone says "$260 HKD" or "4000 Yen" I don't think "That sounds cheap", I think "Holy fuck, that's a big number for a purchase." :/

So does the SEN/PSN $15 credit deal go to midnight Pacific tonight? Usually "ends dec 2" means it runs through the entire day but I'm not sure how Sony handles it.

antibolo

Banned
Is it me, or is Asian currency always misleading due to being used to currency models from the West?

Even though I know the rough US dollar translation for HKD and Yen, when someone says "$260 HKD" or "4000 Yen" I don't think "That sounds cheap", I think "Holy fuck, that's a big number for a purchase." :/

Hong Kong dollars are kinda special because they are pegged to the US dollar.

Tizoc

Really hope the Metal Gear Company get around to OKing this game's release on US PSN
9bxGXTC.jpg

It's Castlevania: Curse of Darkness for the uninitiated

Man I'm stuck at the hospital again... Second time in the past 3 days, I should of brought my Vita with me or something. I was in so much pain that I didn't think about it and now here I am staring at the ceiling

v1perz53

That's enraging.

I don't find it that enraging since it's a loading screen for a PS4 game within the game itself when you are already playing on PS4. If it was an actual ad out in the world I would be fairly annoyed. I can't be that mad though, since I have literally used remote play for exactly that (playing on the toilet) before.

maouvin

Man I'm stuck at the hospital again... Second time in the past 3 days, I should of brought my Vita with me or something. I was in so much pain that I didn't think about it and now here I am staring at the ceiling

Damn. Get well soon, chap - and well enough so you don't need to go back there anytime soon.

SerTapTap

That's enraging.

How are you people seeing anything other than a cute PS Vita recommendation and an unfortunate font color choice?

Really hope the Metal Gear Company get around to OKing this game's release on US PSN

You'll get Lords Of Shadow 3: Stealth Only Edition and you'll like it. Honestly I'm glad enough they're making Silent Hills because this way they (might) make TWO games I'm interested instead of one. Though they've been pretty good for Virtual Console releases...do they still do new PSX classics?

Tizoc

You'll get Lords Of Shadow 3: Stealth Only Edition and you'll like it. Honestly I'm glad enough they're making Silent Hills because this way they (might) make TWO games I'm interested instead of one. Though they've been pretty good for Virtual Console releases...do they still do new PSX classics?

We're still waiting for Suikoden 2 to grace us on US PSN =X

SerTapTap

We're still waiting for Suikoden 2 to grace us on US PSN =X

I don't get why companies don't realize that releasing digital versions of extremely rare old games is a GREAT idea. They get $0.00 from each inflated sale of a used copy, and anyone buying those games to actually play instead of collect would readily nab a copy on PSN instead. Even Nintendo finally realized that with Earthbound, still so many hard to find PSX games not on PSN. I miss Mega Man Legends the most.

pariah164

I would love to see a updated release of Valkyrie Profile 1 & 2 for Vita/PS3 & 4, like they did for FFX. I know it'll never happen, but I only ever played the sequel, not the original. By the time I realized Valkyrie Profile was a thing, the PS1 game was already too hard to find.

Geez. D: Wishing you a fast recovery.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Man. Take care of yourself. Wish you a speedy recovery.

antibolo

Banned
So does the SEN/PSN $15 credit deal go to midnight Pacific tonight? Usually "ends dec 2" means it runs through the entire day but I'm not sure how Sony handles it.

Yes I assume it lasts at least through midnight tonight (let's assume Eastern time to be safe), that's how it's always been in the past.

Tizoc

I don't get why companies don't realize that releasing digital versions of extremely rare old games is a GREAT idea. They get $0.00 from each inflated sale of a used copy, and anyone buying those games to actually play instead of collect would readily nab a copy on PSN instead. Even Nintendo finally realized that with Earthbound, still so many hard to find PSX games not on PSN. I miss Mega Man Legends the most.

There are likely various factors in play:
Return on Investment
Licenses and contracts and union stuff in the case of maybe voice acting

It's not like they got a team dedicated to focusing on releasing PSX classics, if anything they'd require the initial sales to cover the cost of getting them on PSN, so that any future sale is a profit.

As is the case if you would permit me to ask you:
Did you buy all 5 Namco Museum PSX Classics?

Damn. Get well soon, chap - and well enough so you don't need to go back there anytime soon.

Geez. D: Wishing you a fast recovery.

Man. Take care of yourself. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It's been well overa month going to doctors, today finally the problem showed itself, appendicitis. Still don't know if I'm getting surgery today or not. This sucks... My finals are right next week too, worst timing for my appendix to act up.

SerTapTap

There are likely various factors in play:
Return on Investment
Licenses and contracts and union stuff in the case of maybe voice acting

It's not like they got a team dedicated to focusing on releasing PSX classics, if anything they'd require the initial sales to cover the cost of getting them on PSN, so that any future sale is a profit.

As is the case if you would permit me to ask you:
Did you buy all 5 Namco Museum PSX Classics?

I can't spend good money for something with a mismatched A

No, but mostly because pre-SNES arcade games don't do much for me, I do own 33+ PSX classics though

kirby2096

I'm assuming it's the Asian version. You'll have to buy DLC from an HK account.

The case is that usually HK psn puts up either the US or EU version of games with english localisation on it's psn store. Those games they are then compatible with dlc bought from one of those psn stores, but they don't tell you which one.

For PDF 2nd, I need to know so I don't end up buying the DLC twice because I've already got the EU ver. on Vita (and double dipped on the JPN ver.)

incpdo

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It's been well overa month going to doctors, today finally the problem showed itself, appendicitis. Still don't know if I'm getting surgery today or not. This sucks... My finals are right next week too, worst timing for my appendix to act up.
Dont worry of its surgery is better as it is one time only. And the problem will disapear forever. Get better soon!

Renpatsu

Hmn... Did EU PSN do a PS+ promotion during the year and I totally just missed it or am I going to just resub for a month until they do?

SerTapTap

Ack! Get well soon

Well, I picked up Freedom Wars yesterday. I swore off buying new games for a while...but $15 was far too good of a deal to pass up. So far I enjoy it, more than I thought I would. I really like the oppressive feeling there is, with the constant scrutiny on every single aspect of life. The battles seem pretty good so far. One of my main beefs with the game is letting everyone have long and short range attacks, but it works out well I think.

My unexpected beef though, early on -
going from Code 1 to Code 3, there is SO much fetch quests in the hub world, not action world, and there is so much dialouge. I like it, sure, but I was getting a little bored, and really wanted to focus on whooping up dudes. Story isn't a bad thing..I guess...
Dang...I had my appendix out 2 years back, it's not fun at all! Best of luck to you, wishing you a speedy recovery. It took me a little over a month to be back to it fully, but I like to go against the rules and I picked smoking back up prett yquickly after the operation, so that defintiely slowed my healing down -_-

Dont worry of its surgery is better as it is one time only. And the problem will disapear forever. Get better soon!

Ack! Get well soon

Dang...I had my appendix out 2 years back, it's not fun at all! Best of luck to you, wishing you a speedy recovery. It took me a little over a month to be back to it fully, but I like to go against the rules and I picked smoking back up prett yquickly after the operation, so that defintiely slowed my healing down -_-

Thanks again guys. Yeah, I was lucky, I have been feeling sick for over a month, no doctor could tell me what I had, but this morning I knew something was very wrong. I came right before it ruptured pretty much, so I'm getting it out today.

Luckily I don't smoke or drink (too often ehe) I hope I'm at least able to take my school exams next week. I'd rather take those out of the way, that's my number one worry right now tbh lol.

Hope you feel better, I hate having to be in a hospital for any amount of time.

9bxGXTC.jpg

That game was great. Closest thing we got to an elegant 3D Igavania... shame that both it and Lament of Innocence got treated like bastard children in the same vein as the N64 games. Sure, competition in the 3D character action genre was stiff in the PS2/xbox era, but they weren't explicitly going for spectacle fighter or GoW, anymore than the original CV games were going for Mario. Then a much more blah (imo) direction for the series gets all the props.

Top Bottom