• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

thats a neat idea for a thread.

would probably be filled with everyone recommending last of us and uncharted though

I think it would probably end up being a whole lot of LttP-esque posts and recommendations (which would likely be last of us and uncharted, like you said). Once I actually buy a PS3 I might pester a mod about such a thread.
TOTP: Buy Demon Gaze, Mind Zero, and Soul Sacrifice Delta in honor of MIA friends.

ZeroAKA

Go for it! I got the Platinum in August, felt really satisfying. It's not particularly difficult, just time consuming. Dragon Age is worth it at that price.
I already have the hardcore mode trophy, so the most challenging part is already done. Getting to 500 bounties and leveling every class to 70 might take a while though.

Btw, Zero you should add some sort of note in the OP along the lines of "All questions related to PS3, PS4, and PSV are welcome here" so that people don't have to add the "dunno if this is the right thread but..." disclaimer.
Will do.

wilflare

I think it would probably end up being a whole lot of LttP-esque posts and recommendations (which would likely be last of us and uncharted, like you said). Once I actually buy a PS3 I might pester a mod about such a thread.
TOTP: Buy Demon Gaze, Mind Zero, and Soul Sacrifice Delta in honor of MIA friends.

still waiting for Demon Gaze and Mind Zero to go on sale.

I voted for Soul Sacrifice Delta

The Drop this week is just as amazing as the previous weeks in December. I'm speechless.

Edit: GotM will be tough in January. Both Duke and Manny? :O

Edit 2:

For the record, I have lobbied mods privately for a separation because even though I love my PSV, I clearly have far different tastes in software from most PSV fans in this thread and probably have more interest in a straight-up PSN thread with more even PS3/4/V coverage. Just my 2¢, and no offense intended toward the other PSV fans in here - I'm just acknowledging that split threads might serve the communities here better.

What we were told is that since both threads had little movement, they decided to group them together.

I've seen much worse threads getting created, and nothing was done about them, so to be quite honest I have no idea why it's such a big deal but let's just drop it. We have discussed this countless times already, and it never goes anywhere.

Thanks guys. I was just curious seeing as how it is mentioned but never actually implemented. I honestly do believe that it would serve both communities much better and more efficiently if they were split. But alas, I guess we would be fighting a losing battle, it seems, to get that done.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
still waiting for Demon Gaze and Mind Zero to go on sale.

I voted for Soul Sacrifice Delta

Dont buy Mind Zero and whoever is recommending that pos game needs to be slapped in the head.

Lots of other better things you could be spending your money on.

Dont go telling the localization pubs that you are willing to spend your money on fucking garbage. Might teach them a lesson to pay a little more attention to what they try to localize in the future with low sales.

Unless you are beyond bored / have nothing else to play / like wasting money there really should be no reason why you would want to play the game.

pariah164

Dont buy Mind Zero and whoever is recommending that pos game needs to be slapped in the head.

Lots of other better things you could be spending your money on.

Dont go telling the localization pubs that you are willing to spend your money on fucking garbage. Might teach them a lesson to pay a little more attention to what they try to localize in the future with low sales.

Unless you are beyond bored / have nothing else to play / like wasting money there really should be no reason why you would want to play the game.
So people shouldn't buy SAO for Vita either then, given that logic.

Too bad Shizuka's no longer here to defend Mind Zero. Would like to see their rebuttal.

Too bad Shizuka's no longer here to defend Mind Zero. Would like to see their rebuttal.

He'd just say it's a pretty decent game if you just treat it like a dungeon crawler. Which I would argue isn't terribly dissimilar from my opinion on Conception 2.

Parakeetman

Game is fucking garbage this is from someone who 1: likes Zerodiv / Acquire & 2: Dungeon Crawlers.

One of the worst games out there that was beyond bargin bin budget title. Its like they blew all their money on the voice recording and nothing else.

You cant even put it in the same league as SAO considering that the title actually has real effort put into the game, esp the combat system. There literally is no redeeming qualities of Mind Zero. In dungeon crawlers in general all you have is the battle system, next to what the dungeons actually look like. Now if both are shit you really are not left with much after that. Considering the slog you have to go through to get to the next story bits compounded by the fact the game doesnt even have a real ending.

As stated before lots of other better games you could be spending your money on.

Eh Mind Zero did nothing for me to be honest, and I love DRPGs to death. Although I wouldn't recommend it, I could see how people can enjoy it. I love Destiny, doesn't mean that I think that others would too. I don't really like saying "X sucks" because opinions are subjective. I too enjoyed SAO immensely and am with Parakeet when I say that you can't really compare it to Mind Zero, but again, everyone has different opinions.

Parakeetman

Eh Mind Zero did nothing for me to be honest, and I love DRPGs to death. Although I wouldn't recommend it, I could see how people can enjoy it. I love Destiny, doesn't mean that I think that others would too. I don't really like saying "X sucks" because opinions are subjective. I too enjoyed SAO immensely and am with Parakeet when I say that you can't really compare it to Mind Zero, but again, everyone has different opinions.

See thing is Destiny, there are things done right. Esp the gunplay, but in general what happened was that the core design with the gameplay is very basic and some folks eventually will get tired of running the exact same thing. If the title was designed differently or actually was closer in line to what they had originally planned am sure it would not be getting the amount of hate it does now. Game was more messed with due to the publisher trying to push their business model into the title.

Mind Zero on the other hand is literally a game that never should have made it out the door. You should have seen over here how desperate Acquire was with trying to push the title all over the place, but by that time the general public pretty much went NOPE. Hence why you can grab it for so cheap as most stores want to dump it as fast as possible. Was the best in Akiba's Trip 2 with how much they put the ads up in the game in hopes to get folks to purchase the title.

The worst part about it is that Zerodiv can do a lot better so than that, since their Class of Heroes series had improved over time. Though the last "non-wizardry" title they did went backwards a little. Something obviously went very wrong with the project seeing how little resources were put into it. The sound effects, animations and general graphics during battle are just plain bad.

Chuy

I have about $20 left on my psn account after getting on finally logging in and purchasing destiny and was wondering if i could have some game recommendations for vita, I'll probably pick them up when they're on sale at a later date but for now i'd just some recommendations. Also how are the various ports to vita?
Games i currently have:
FFX HD
Persona 4 Golden
Freedom Wars
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
Modnation Racers: Roadtrip
Killzone Mercenary
Wipeout 2048* (Physical cartridge broke but plan on re-buying it soon along with Wipeout HD/Fury)

pariah164

I have about $20 left on my psn account after getting on finally logging in and purchasing destiny and was wondering if i could have some game recommendations for vita, I'll probably pick them up when they're on sale at a later date but for now i'd just some recommendations.
Child of Light. Seriously, it's amazing.

Parakeetman

I have about $20 left on my psn account after getting on finally logging in and purchasing destiny and was wondering if i could have some game recommendations for vita, I'll probably pick them up when they're on sale at a later date but for now i'd just some recommendations. Also how are the various ports to vita?
Games i currently have:
FFX HD
Persona 4 Golden
Freedom Wars
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
Killzone Mercenary
Wipeout 2048* (Physical cartridge broke but plan on re-buying it soon along with Wipeout HD/Fury)

If you wanted to try something different I would have suggested Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc though its not on sale apparently.

Soul Sacrifice Delta is under 20 USD though
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...a-psvita:up9000-pcsa00152_00-regularbundle000
good story and enough content to be well worth the price of admission.

If you liked Persona 4 and dont mind going backwards in the series / platform (psp) there is Persona 3 Portable 19.99
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...a-psvita:up9000-pcsa00152_00-regularbundle000

Gravity rush is one of those few games that makes actual good use of the PSVs features.

ZeroAKA

I have about $20 left on my psn account after getting on finally logging in and purchasing destiny and was wondering if i could have some game recommendations for vita, I'll probably pick them up when they're on sale at a later date but for now i'd just some recommendations.
Soul Sacrifice Delta is under 20 USD though
good story and enough content to be well worth the price of admission.
Definitely this.

Games i currently have:
FFX HD
Persona 4 Golden
Freedom Wars
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
Killzone Mercenary

Good man, add me up, the more Destiny players the better: blewjayy :3

I can get behind the Danganronpa and Soul Sacrifice Delta recommendations. If I were you though, I'd pick Danganronpa. For grinding, you already have Destiny, having both that and SSD would make you ultimately abandon one in favor of the other aha. Danganronpa has a great story to tell, so it can fill the void that Destiny will definitely leave on you. You can play both, both are completely different genres, and both are a ton of fun.

Shun

Whelp, someone's giving me a Vita 2000. Apparently it doesn't come with a memory card.

Any recommendations for finding a cheap memory card and whether or not it's recommended to go all digital?

Any Cross Buy games to look for that look decent and play as good as the home version? PS3, no PS4. I already have Freedom Wars, Phantasy Star Nova, Technika Tune, etc.

Also I primarily use a JP SEN account, but sometimes use an NA one for cheaper games. What's the deal with using separate PSN accounts on a Vita?

Edit: Also thinking of getting Fate Hollow Ataraxia for Vita if that's any good.

Sorry if this isn't a good place to ask. I don't know how active Vita community is.

Producer

Whelp, someone's giving me a Vita 2000. Apparently it doesn't come with a memory card.

Any recommendations for finding a cheap memory card and whether or not it's recommended to go all digital?

Any Cross Buy games to look for that look decent and play as good as the home version? PS3, no PS4. I already have Freedom Wars, Phantasy Star Nova, Technika Tune, etc.

Also I primarily use a JP SEN account, but sometimes use an NA one for cheaper games. What's the deal with using separate PSN accounts on a Vita?

Edit: Also thinking of getting Fate Hollow Ataraxia for Vita if that's any good.

Sorry if this isn't a good place to ask. I don't know how active Vita community is.

you can only have 1 account on the vita at a time, you'll have to format your vita (and memory card if you only have 1) everytime you want to switch accounts.

as for cheap memory cards, i think Gamestop has the 32GB for $50 right now. Probably the cheapest it will be until next Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Shun

you can only have 1 account on the vita at a time, you'll have to format your vita (and memory card if you only have 1) everytime you want to switch accounts.

as for cheap memory cards, i think Gamestop has the 32GB for $50 right now. Probably the cheapest it will be until next Black Friday/Cyber Monday

That's ridiculous.

Is it possible to use the main 1GB for my JP SEN account and just use a memory card whenever I have to switch?

Saves will work on a single account regardless of SEN region? I'm too used to how lenient the PS3 is with data.

Producer

That's ridiculous.

Is it possible to use the main 1GB for my JP SEN account and just use a memory card whenever I have to switch?

Saves will work on a single account regardless of SEN region? I'm too used to how lenient the PS3 is with data.

i really can't help you much here as i only have a 1000 so i wouldn't know, but i remember reading that you can't use both the 1gb internal memory and a memory card.

as for saves, if you import a game you can play and save the data on your regular account, however for games downloaded on psn you could only play them on the account you bought it with, since you can only have 1 account at a time.

My curiosity for what one of the infinite Playstation Mobile Solbrain games was like got the best of me. I recorded it so you don't have to waste $4.50 on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpF7CxVb5_o

IbCklgq.jpg

Sword of Rapier
It is a free action RPG that is at least playable.

bE9Vo52.jpg

Quiet Christmas
It is another Quiet game that is like all the others and is an OK adventure game that is worth the $1.

rjHpWhv.jpg

Solbrain IX - Forest
As expected, total shit. Literally made me nauseated with the 1FPS framerate and I had to stop playing.

I feel I have finally contributed to society by exposing the Solbrain games to what they are.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't think of a price low enough to recommend someone buy Mind Zero. It's easily the worst Vita game I have ever played and I'm so glad I didn't buy it. Feel bad for my friend's fiancee though as he bought into the hype and got it at full price.

SAO is also bad but at least it can be fun to play from time to time.

Xenoflare

Maybe on PS4.

Baekshi and I will go visit his curry shop and bother him about it until he gives in.

Given the nature of the SS, I doubt it would fair well for a console release....

Although the controls would be much better, and I welcome more reasons for me to buy a PS4. As of now the library is enticing enough for me to consider it since it's mostly JRPGs and action games that's keeping me afloat.

and no, FF15 is going to wait for me, I am far to skeptical about it right now.

What exactly is wrong about Mind Zero? I heard that it got slaughtered in the Japanese reviews too, something about the game itself is incomplete.

I cannot think of a good reason to buy SAO after seeing the localization, the gameplay looked okay, but the uhhh bonding(?) with character part is really, really awkward.

Producer

SAO is also bad but at least it can be fun to play from time to time.

the combat is super fun and makes the game for me. The translation wouldn't have bothered me so much if it didn't mess up Skill names and explanations for game mechanics.

you got skills named Lightning ATK and they have nothing to with Attack. Wish there was some comprehensive database in english somewhere.

Otherwise, its way better than Mind Zero, but they aren't really comparable to begin with.

I have had so many great experiences this year thanks to my vita.

Games like olliolli, Minecraft, Toukiden, SSD, Murasaki baby, Pix the Cat, TWD S2, Metrico, Unfinished Swan, SAO:HF, BOI:rebirth, RL, Don't Starve, Swapper, OP: Unlimited World Red, Rezogun, Akiba's Trip, Child of Light, Natural Doctrine, Velocity 2X, GOW collection, Dustforce, Starlight Inception, Fez, Destiny of Spirits and my game of the year (and IMO the Vitas GOAT even though I haven't finished it yet).

It has been a fantastic year for the Vita game library, but I can not wait for 2015 when I will be able to play games like Helldivers, Galak-Z, Banner Saga, Bastion, geometry wars 3, Shovel Knight, Risk of Rain, Hotline Miami 2, Oreshika, Octodad, Super Time Force, Grim Fandango, Broken Age, Big Fest, Severed, Tower fall, Nova 111, Citizens of Earth, World End Eclipse, Zodiac, Hand of Fate, DFS, SAO:Lost Song, Olliolli 2, Digimon Syber sleugh,
Tokyo twilight ghost hunters, Jump Ultimate Stars vs, OP PW 3 and PS Now (EU).

these are not all the games that are announced, but my personal list of games that I'm looking forward to and this is just the games that we know about (and it's still 2014).

Edit: Is RoF, Ni No Kuni, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Nier, VC or Dishonored on PS Now?

Parakeetman

What exactly is wrong about Mind Zero? I heard that it got slaughtered in the Japanese reviews too, something about the game itself is incomplete.

1. Bad Graphics
  2. Bad Animations
  3. Bad Sound Design
  4. Bad Combat Mechanics
  5. Bad Character Design (lifted from Persona 4)
  6. Unfinished plot (Literally a screen with text on it for the ending)
While later on things with the plot go a little differently its pretty funny how the 3 characters from the start are totally written like the MC / Yosuke / Chie. Then you have the 2 detectives that is like Adachi and Dojima. From there thankfully thats as far as they go for the most part, but you can tell with how it starts off that they were most def trying to pander to the Persona crowd.

I rarely call a title total shit, but that game was indeed total shit. There literally was nothing redeeming about it which I could attempt to suggest someone a reason to pick up the title. Even more so when there are far better DRPGs out there available for / playable on the Vita.

1. Bad Graphics
  2. Bad Animations
  3. Bad Sound Design
  4. Bad Combat Mechanics
    [*]Bad Character Design (lifted from Persona 4)
  5. Unfinished plot (Literally a screen with text on it for the ending)
While later on things with the plot go a little differently its pretty funny how the 3 characters from the start are totally written like the MC / Yosuke / Chie. Then you have the 2 detectives that is like Adachi and Dojima. From there thankfully thats as far as they go for the most part, but you can tell with how it starts off that they were most def trying to pander to the Persona crowd.

I rarely call a title total shit, but that game was indeed total shit. There literally was nothing redeeming about it which I could attempt to suggest someone a reason to pick up the title. Even more so when there are far better DRPGs out there available for / playable on the Vita.

4YezKNJ.jpg

I played Mind Zero for review, I forced myself to play the game so hard. It's a blatant Persona rip off, game is stupid easy too.

Parakeetman

4YezKNJ.jpg

I played Mind Zero for review, I forced myself to play the game so hard. It's a blatant Persona rip off, game is stupid easy too.

Not sure how the I heard parts of the US VA work which is abysmal, but the JP one with how they did the voice work for the characters most def you can tell that they were really reaching for those P4 characters personalities.

At least it has the JP track in it too. Its not like the JP track has that much better voice work, but for those familiar with the language will most def recognize what I mean about how the VA work is trying to emulate P4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCuYgvwF8qw

Parakeetman

some people where looking for Advance Wars on Ps Vita , Desert Ashes is the answer. Day one for me.

15045434925_c1c81bbd77_z.jpg

B4SHYoYIQAE2-Jw.jpg

images

008760.jpg

Its too bad no one ever brought out Daisenryaku Portable since Id imagine the advance wars crowd would eat it up. Though the graphics is made to be "realistic" so to speak so no cute SD characters / tanks blowing each other up but the gameplay is solid.

The two that I would suggest the most for those who play import titles are these.
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...025_00-0000000000000000?EMCID=jGMpsnTOP_a0004

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...026_00-0000000000000000?EMCID=jGMpsnTOP_a0004

Get ready to lose hours of sleep since its addictive stuff. To give you an idea of how old the series is here in Japan first came out in 85 on the PC.

vid of a jp gamer w/ commentary. You will have to skip around to see what combat looks like though
*Hopefully this link works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4pRo-mXndw#t=634

full vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4pRo-mXndw

Apologies on the double post folks. D:

I think on the Sega Saturn back in the days, Iron Storm? Was one of the localized titles brought out to the West. After that am not too sure though.

some people where looking for Advance Wars on Ps Vita , Desert Ashes is the answer. Day one for me.

I have played its predecessor, the minis title Mecho Wars, and wasn't really impressed by it. A poor man's Advance Wars, maps were too small, missions were boring. And the fact that it's F2P doesn't bode well.

Edit: see post above me

Parakeetman

In the US who usually publishes titles by Genki?

Ah wait nevermind. Think I know why possibly it wasnt localized in the West.

Benedict

I have had so many great experiences this year thanks to my vita.

Games like olliolli, Minecraft, Toukiden, SSD, Murasaki baby, Pix the Cat, TWD S2, Metrico, Unfinished Swan, SAO:HF, BOI:rebirth, RL, Don't Starve, Swapper, OP: Unlimited World Red, Rezogun, Akiba's Trip, Child of Light, Natural Doctrine, Velocity 2X, GOW collection, Dustforce, Starlight Inception, Fez, Destiny of Spirits and my game of the year (and IMO the Vitas GOAT even though I haven't finished it yet).

It has been a fantastic year for the Vita game library, but I can not wait for 2015 when I will be able to play games like Helldivers, Galak-Z, Banner Saga, Bastion, geometry wars 3, Shovel Knight, Risk of Rain, Hotline Miami 2, Oreshika, Octodad, Super Time Force, Grim Fandango, Broken Age, Big Fest, Severed, Tower fall, Nova 111, Citizens of Earth, World End Eclipse, Zodiac, Hand of Fate, DFS, SAO:Lost Song, Olliolli 2, Digimon Syber sleugh,
Tokyo twilight ghost hunters, Jump Ultimate Stars vs, OP PW 3 and PS Now (EU).

these are not all the games that are announced, but my personal list of games that I'm looking forward to and this is just the games that we know about (and it's still 2014).

Edit: Is RoF, Ni No Kuni, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Nier, VC or Dishonored on PS Now?

A lot of 2014 is spilling in to 2015 to me. Vita is truly an awesome console.
Currently playing Danganronpa 1, but Race For The Sun steals most of my time.
Seem to be mostly drawn to quick-fix games at the moment.
What games of 2015 are crossbuy?
Hope to see Shovel Knight, GM3, RoR, STFU and HM2 as crossbuy and they will all be 1st day purchases.

Xenoflare

4YezKNJ.jpg

Oh dear, seeing persona 4 on the list and with that screen cap, Adachi and Dojima popped right up in my head

Edit: Actually, if I read the text, I don't even need a cue to think that's Persona 4. WOOSH.

Parakeetman

Oh dear, seeing persona 4 on the list and with that screen cap, Adachi and Dojima popped right up in my head

Edit: Actually, if I read the text, I don't even need a cue to think that's Persona 4. WOOSH.

If you hear the way the partner talks in the JP language version its totally Channeling Adachi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCuYgvwF8qw#t=231
*note the hilarious sound effect used for chewing.

Top Bottom