• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Xenoflare

If you hear the way the partner talks in the JP language version its totally Channeling Adachi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCuYgvwF8qw#t=231
*note the hilarious sound effect used for chewing.

Oh wow......

also, it's 2/5 on Japanese Amazon, take it however you want. The top review indeed talks about how the story is incomplete.

I also found P3MC, Aigis and Yosuke in a party in another video.

LOL. Although the Yosuke but was just the voice.

Huh, I also dug around and found out that the English cast contains about of Persona dub actors too, but that's kinda expected for JRPG localizations.

ZeroAKA

Oh dear, seeing persona 4 on the list and with that screen cap, Adachi and Dojima popped right up in my head

Edit: Actually, if I read the text, I don't even need a cue to think that's Persona 4. WOOSH.
I couldn't stop myself from reading that dialogue in Dojima's voice.

incpdo

Game of the month is resogun (on vita) then game of the year. Probably soul sacrifice delta ( on vita toó) . So guys who is gonna buy duke nukem on january?

I'm really impressed with Killzone Mercs. If the Vita had been more successful we could have lots of games on the system looking like that. At least we got a glimpse of its true potential. It's not just the visuals though, the game itself is great.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm really impressed with Killzone Mercs. If the Vita had been more successful we could have lots of games on the system looking light that. At least we got a glimpse of its true potential. It's not just the visuals though, the game itself is great.

Yep the only thing KZM was lacking was a good story and some design bits with the MCs. But asides from that everything else esp with how they worked the controls / technical bits with the graphics and design is fantastic!

incpdo

I'm really impressed with Killzone Mercs. If the Vita had been more successful we could have lots of games on the system looking light that. At least we got a glimpse of its true potential. It's not just the visuals though, the game itself is great.
The game is short but replayability is great. And I like the enemy's ai

Yeah get the Bot DLC. Worth it. You can set the levels bots to 3 different levels. The hardest will kick your ass.

oeScTSh.jpg

Jindrael

Banned
It's almost a shame to admit that I only just now finished/platinumed Gravity Rush.
I always would push the game to the back to play other thing but, boy, was I stupid.
It's an awesome game and I loved every second about it. :D

Sometimes games move from Playstation Mobile well and some do not.

lpabtoj.jpg

Switch Galaxy Ultra - Vita
Despite looking like Wipeout it is a racer where you switch tracks to avoid obstacles and gain speed by hitting ramps. The excellent original Playstation Mobile was a fast game where you tried to beat certain times to progress. For some reason they ruined the game by making progression by gathering orbs from this inexplicable horrible free 3D sections that occur mid way through a level. You then lose and orb if you hit an obstacle. Until the mid section of the game where you gain orbs it really doesn't matter what you are doing as long as you don't die. Also the game seems about half as fast as the original and it makes it really boring. They added a lot of story and narration that nobody wanted. I can't believe they screwed up this game so bad and had the gall to charge $19 for it.

4/10

hlYdzjV.jpg

Rock Boshers DX: Director's Cut - Vita
The original Playstation Mobile game was an excellent game but a little rough. Basically a twin stick shooter with Spectrum like visuals that is more Hotline Miami than something like Super Stardust. It is difficult and you need to plan out your attack to progress. The native Vita/PS4 kept the basics but polished it all up and made it a so much better game. Added some more context and story but never overbearing. The improved screen size and the less obtuseness of the PS Mobile game produces a very addicting experience. Added mini games are worth the risk/reward of collecting all the items. Great value at $7.

8/10

I apologize for hyping Switch Galaxy Ultra before it was released. I should give people money if they bought it from my hype.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Game of the month is resogun (on vita) then game of the year. Probably soul sacrifice delta ( on vita toó) . So guys who is gonna buy duke nukem on january?
*raises hand*

I'm a sucker for Duke. I hope it plays as well as it looks.

Rock Boshers DX: Director's Cut - Vita
...snip...
8/10
Excellent. I should give this a go -- looks more interesting than I was giving it credit for when I tried it (very briefly!) on PSM. Thank you for your dedication to informing us.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I played neptunia a little, it's cute and looks good but i'm not completely sold on the battle system, while now i feel satisfaction for aiming more monsters with a single attack i can see the constant search of the best position and angle for maximum damage becoming annoying after a while.

It goes here:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/publisher/6761

There is a link to a SoundCloud page so you can get the soundtrack

https://soundcloud.com/lightningstudios

Don't you see something familiar?
1391781191-stranger-of-sword-city.jpg

stranger of the village of the sword

Yasumi

Banned
I played neptunia a little, it's cute and looks good but i'm not completely sold on the battle system, while now i feel satisfaction for aiming more monsters with a single attack i can see the constant search of the best position and angle for maximum damage becoming annoying after a while.
You can adjust your angle with the dpad, making it a bit easier to get as many enemies as possible. If you're still early in the game, a few new elements will be added to the battle system later.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You can adjust your angle with the dpad, making it a bit easier to get as many enemies as possible. If you're still early in the game, a few new elements will be added to the battle system later.

I know that i can adjust the angle with the dpad, the problem is that i always want to hit the maximum number of enemies so i spend a lot of time for the best positions and angles! XD

I stopped at the battle with that sort of
black/purple witch
, so i think most of the battle system is already explained.

Shahadan

I wish Rockstar told us the PC requirements of GTA V so I could know if my machine can run it correctly or buy it on ps3 while it's on sale ;__;

Parakeetman

Don't you see something familiar?
1391781191-stranger-of-sword-city.jpg

stranger of the village of the sword

Another doink taking credit for something they didnt do.

Yep the only thing KZM was lacking was a good story and some design bits with the MCs. But asides from that everything else esp with how they worked the controls / technical bits with the graphics and design is fantastic!

Still beats KZ3's story imo. Haven't played SF but I'm not surprised to hear Merc's campaign is better.

Parakeetman

Still beats KZ3's story imo. Haven't played SF but I'm not surprised to hear Merc's campaign is better.

Problem with SF is that they really wasted what could have been something epic with the type of backstory the setting had. Instead you could really tell it was more of a tech demo to showcase the system and a lot of things felt left out, including the plot.

Problem with SF is that they really wasted what could have been something epic with the type of backstory the setting had. Instead you could really tell it was more of a tech demo to showcase the system and a lot of things felt left out, including the plot.

Agreed. SF was my first Killzone game and it had a weird effect on me -- I hated the way the plot unfolded (or, rather, failed to) in the game but I got enough of a taste to get really interested in the overall KZ universe. I plan to snag the KZ 1-3 package for PS3 at some point and setting it on easy to just to roll through the games and see what happened. I know 2 is supposed to be good, and I recall being really impressed by the demo when I first got my PS3.

But what a sweet fucking tech demo it is.

Parakeetman

But what a sweet fucking tech demo it is.

Seeing what they had done in past games was a bit of a disappointment truthfully. Looked great and all that, but still what a wasted opportunity at something that could have been so much more.

At least MP / Coop is still pretty solid when folks can get games going. And the constant support for the mp & coop

KZ was probably the very first and last tech showpiece for the Vita unfortunately. It proved to everyone that the Vita can kick ass in the graphics department if the team working on it busts their ass. Again, I don't think we will ever see a showpiece like that on a Vita screen natively, yes because PS4 remote play does not count :p

HGH

Banned
I know that i can adjust the angle with the dpad, the problem is that i always want to hit the maximum number of enemies so i spend a lot of time for the best positions and angles! XD

I stopped at the battle with that sort of
black/purple witch
, so i think most of the battle system is already explained.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering this right, but I think you can use the touch screen to aim as well. I'm not sure if it's better or worse. But I just remember one of the available methods basically lets you aim far better.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Anyone else having trouble redeemen cards ? I got a $20 card but keep getting error trying add it to my wallet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mind Zero isn't worth the precious space on my download list, let alone the 16 GB card I have in there.

If I got it for free physically I'd turn around and get pennies on the dollar for it at Gamestop. Not even worth my time ebaying.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Freedom Wars is about a 15-20 dollar game to me.

SSD is a 10-15.

I'm just being strict on the Vita because I know that with enough time the games will get that low. The only one I've gone over with so far is Danganronpa 2. 20-25 was my range and I got it for 27.99.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gravity Rush 2 is a zero dollar game on Vita.

Because it isn't out yet.

It's a zero dollar game on PS4 as well. I wasn't going to buy it anyways as I don't like the first one.

Producer

dont get me wrong, Soul Sacrifice isnt a bad game, i finished vanilla, had a 99/1 build, did all Avalon quests and a good amount of dlc ones, played multiplayer etc. But i just dont feel like playing through it again.

I have heard of the changes though, and God Eater 2 dlc looks good, actually i'd probably drop $5 for it.

autoduelist

So people shouldn't buy SAO for Vita either then, given that logic.

Too bad Shizuka's no longer here to defend Mind Zero. Would like to see their rebuttal.

I happily bought Mind Zero due to Shizuka's recommendation and reading several reviews. The fact that it looks a bit like Persona but isn't Persona doesn't bother me at all, since I dislike Persona games and wouldn't want that anyway. I haven't played the game yet though.

Not buying localizations that you think are trash/garbage does NOT in anyway tell companies that are localizing games "hey, localize something else instead, specifically, something I like and we'll reward you by buying it". Rather, they're simply left thinking "hell no, we'll never localize anything again, we lose money."

MQX

My curiosity for what one of the infinite Playstation Mobile Solbrain games was like got the best of me. I recorded it so you don't have to waste $4.50 on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpF7CxVb5_o

Saw the YT video. And it made me wonder. What if Sony/Playstation creates a "complain" box for Playstation (Mobile) games in the Vita store? This video shows that Solbrain is a horrible game. 3 min and you can't even find 1 point? And it has lag? Sony/Playstation. Please remove this game(and the sequels) :X.

Xenoflare

I happily bought Mind Zero due to Shizuka's recommendation and reading several reviews. The fact that it looks a bit like Persona but isn't Persona doesn't bother me at all, since I dislike Persona games and wouldn't want that anyway. I haven't played the game yet though.

Not buying localizations that you think are trash/garbage does NOT in anyway tell companies that are localizing games "hey, localize something else instead, specifically, something I like and we'll reward you by buying it". Rather, they're simply left thinking "hell no, we'll never localize anything again, we lose money."

Not buying the games you think are trash is a completely normal thing to do.

Or are you suggesting that people should buy games they dislike for the sake of support?

autoduelist

Or are you suggesting that people should buy games they dislike for the sake of support?

No, I was responding to the earlier idea that not buying a localization you do not want might encourage the company to release localizations you do want. It's perfectly normal to not buy something you don't like, just don't expect the company you're not buying stuff from to learn anything complex... they're just going to learn you don't want X.

Parakeetman

He seems to be living in some sort of bubble where he just imagines that those companies dont read gaming forums and see the type of train wreck they picked up. Then again same companies should actually pay attention to what they are picking up in the first place if it bombed domestically here in Japan not the best idea to go and drag it over to the West also. Since even if it was "free" its still time wasted going through the whole localization for a product that is not even worth it.

Unless its part of their agreement with said company where they have to localize X amount of titles.

Regardless of that, does not help out anyone with pushing out shitty games that should have stayed dead at its point of origin.

Most of the localization companies read NeoGAF and are watching whats being said. Hell some of them even partake in constant conversations with the users here.

Then again in the West folks seem to go more crazy about any thing that might be "persona" related and its no wonder why they wanted to try and get the title out.

joe2187

Banned
Got to play Chasm and Axiom verge demos at gamestop today.

Cannot fucking wait for Axiom Verge, it's a fun classic MegaMan/Metroid hybrid. I really like the oppressive art design and music.

Chasm was like a 2D Dark souls-lite.

ryseing

I'm really impressed with Killzone Mercs. If the Vita had been more successful we could have lots of games on the system looking like that. At least we got a glimpse of its true potential. It's not just the visuals though, the game itself is great.

Level design is top tier, with the exception of the final boss. Apparently Cambridge is doing the next mainline KZ, which means I have to buy the next mainline KZ.

Parakeetman

Level design is top tier, with the exception of the final boss. Apparently Cambridge is doing the next mainline KZ, which means I have to buy the next mainline KZ.

Seriously if those guys get a good writer they should be golden. Highly talented team from the product they put out with Mercs.

Top Bottom