• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Omerta

Has anyone actually said that GR2 isn't coming to vita or are we all just assuming the worst because vita's gonna vita?

Xenoflare

Has anyone actually said that GR2 isn't coming to vita or are we all just assuming the worst because vita's gonna vita?

I don't think there are any official statement of it coming outside of Japan.

Edit: Oh I thought this is talking about Gravity Rush, I thought it was God eater.

Cha

Taking that GR2 tweet with a HUGE grain of salt. Like Takao already mentioned, the person behind the tweet probably didn't read the "2" in the question. I want it on my Vita, but I've learned not to get my hopes up for the despair machine.

incpdo

Taking that GR2 tweet with a HUGE grain of salt. Like Takao already mentioned, the person behind the tweet probably didn't read the "2" in the question. I want it on my Vita, but I've learned not to get my hopes up for the despair machine.

Gravity Daze 2 on Vita would make automatically 2015 the best year for my Vita so far.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Anybody else see the tweet that Gravity Daze 2 is designed for the Vita??

http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/2qrb9v/user_asks_ask_playstation_twitter_account_if/

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/status/547450146825699331

Has this been posted yet?

Edit: Cool. I wonder when it would be released..
Edit2: Oh in the same page..what I was looking lol.

I beg all Vitabros to not open a thread about this, please.
-We don't know if we can trust him(but i don't get how you came to the conclusion that he probably didn't see the "2")
-"Designed" doesn't mean "exclusive"
-imagine the hate in the thread(and probably the bans)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
B.P. / Lightning Game Studio on PlayStation Mobile

Last week he released Solbrain XI. He ripped off the background icon image from one of Sony's promo shots:
bihGUTb.png

Since here at GAF know we have some Sony folks around why not make a thread about getting it taken down?

bobawesome

I just spent $23 on a skin for my Vita that I may or may not actually like when it's applied. I figured I'd try something new for the slim model.

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/status/547450146825699331

Has this been posted yet?

Edit: Cool. I wonder when it would be released..
Edit2: Oh in the same page..what I was looking lol.

I'm not getting my hopes up but it would be hilarious if it skips the PS4 completely after that fiasco.

Yasumi

Banned
I'm not getting my hopes up but it would be hilarious if it skips the PS4 completely after that fiasco.
I'd wager on some big meltdowns if it does end up happening. Some people are so sure that it would be on PS4 because making a Vita game is apparently a big waste of Sony's money and resources, and Yosp said no more AAA in the western context that one time. Hopes slightly raised.

Redhood

Don't do this to yourself guys! After type0 take everything with a huge huge grain of salt.

If true then the meltdowns of ps4 people will be hilarious!

No matter what I cannot download Resogun for the Vita from the PS Store. I get the following message from my Vita:

"Could not connect to PSN within the time limit. (NP-2245-3)"

I've tried pushing the download via the webstore and Download List. When I go to the PS Store and choose "Download List" I then get the same error.

If I try to re-buy the game on the Playstation Store website, I get the following at "Confirm Purchase:"

"We've encountered an error while processing your order. The transaction has not been completed. Please try again later."

Anyone else still having issues getting this game to download? I had the license issue when it first came out and haven't been able to download it since.

No matter what I cannot download Resogun for the Vita from the PS Store. I get the following message from my Vita:

"Could not connect to PSN within the time limit. (NP-2245-3)"

I've tried pushing the download via the webstore and Download List. When I go to the PS Store and choose "Download List" I then get the same error.

If I try to re-buy the game on the Playstation Store website, I get the following at "Confirm Purchase:"

"We've encountered an error while processing your order. The transaction has not been completed. Please try again later."

Anyone else still having issues getting this game to download? I had the license issue when it first came out and haven't been able to download it since.

I got that error but it downloaded anyway. Did you check your downloads?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I would like you to notice that the GR2 tweet is from SCEA, the same people of the typ-o bullshit.
When it comes to GR2 and other Japanese games, especially Vita ones, trust only SCEJA.

igor

Guys is Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R on Vita available in physical form? If so, could someone give me any info where I can find it? I really want it on my Vita and for some crazy reason it's not on the european PSN store :(

Also the GR2 news is rad. Hopefully they will fix everything that was wrong with the original - controls, awful combat and kinda boring gameplay. And those awfully drawn comics.

Takao

Banned
I beg all Vitabros to not open a thread about this, please.
-We don't know if we can trust him(but i don't get how you came to the conclusion that he probably didn't see the "2")
-"Designed" doesn't mean "exclusive"
-imagine the hate in the thread(and probably the bans)

I don't think a Twitter account like that would be able to divulge that kind of info. They either wouldn't know or wouldn't be able to say. That's why I think the responder missed the "2."

SerTapTap

Y'all best be checking out The Swapper. Especially if it's on Vita too, forgot about that. Amazing atmosphere, good puzzles and story too. Love the claymation look, the way the character crumples is suitably unnerving.

Can we actually consider Duke Nukem to be an Indie?

The depressing thing is thousands of people will see the pixelated graphics and immediately assume it's "some retro indie game bullshit"

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Guys is Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R on Vita available in physical form? If so, could someone give me any info where I can find it? I really want it on my Vita and for some crazy reason it's not on the european PSN store :(

Also the GR2 news is rad. Hopefully they will fix everything that was wrong with the original - controls, awful combat and kinda boring gameplay. And those awfully drawn comics.

I can let you pass all the rest but how can you not like those comics? :(
Those 3d comics together with the ones in Metal Gear Solid games for PSP and Yakuza Black Panther are really cool, i really hope to see more well made comic-like cutscenes.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't think a Twitter account like that would be able to divulge that kind of info. They either wouldn't know or wouldn't be able to say. That's why I think the responder missed the "2."

Honestly i don't think that the GR2 platform is a secret inside Sony, in any case no matter if they know it or not the question would sound strange without the "2", what would be the point of asking: "is Gravity Daze for Vita?"

If i go to the twitter link i don't see the question anymore, only the answer.

igor

I can let you pass all the rest but how can you not like those comics? :(
Those 3d comics together with the ones in Metal Gear Solid games for PSP and Yakuza Black Panther are really cool, i really hope to see more well made comic-like cutscenes.

I don't mind comic book cut-scenes, but GR comic looked like it was outsourced to some newbie studio in the west that was told to make it look like it's Japanese. Reminds me kinda of the crappy western cartoons that try to look Japanese. It's a shame because the in-game world was so characterful and inspired, and the drawings just looked cheap and overall botched. As if the pencil art got screwed up when they tried to digitalise it or something.

For a game full of charm these cut-scenes looked painfully out of space :(

Imagine the shitstorm if GR2 is not on Vita after all.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't mind comic book cut-scenes, but GR comic looked like it was outsourced to some newbie studio in the west that was told to make it look like it's Japanese. Reminds me kinda of the crappy western cartoons that try to look Japanese. It's a shame because the in-game world was so characterful and inspired, and the drawings just looked cheap and overall botched. As if the pencil art got screwed up when they tried to digitalise it or something.

I think the exact opposite, straight anime art would have been generic and without charm, think if it looked like this fanart(awesome, but it's not the style i want)
i__m_falling_up__by_halo3vsloz-d56ixty.jpg

You say "western cartoon that try to look Japanese" i say "Japanese that tries to look western", don't you remember that people talk a sort of fake French? GR is not located in a Japan-nspired country but in a sort of European-inspired country, so it totally makes sense for comics to look like that.

SerTapTap

Don't even bother looking in the thread about the @AskPlaystation tweet

You say "western cartoon that try to look Japanese" i say "Japanese that tries to look western", don't you remember that people talk a sort of fake French? GR is not located in a Japan-nspired country but in a sort of European-inspired country, so it totally makes sense for comics to look like that.

Eh people already seem to call it "anime" as it is. I don't mind it either way, but I don't think it's "western" enough to be immune from the anime hatred, similar to Skullgirls. I'm fine with whatever they do and didn't mind the comic book cutscenes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait, people are taking Ask Playstation as gospel on GR 2?!?

Oh boy. This is likely going to be just like Type Zero HD!

antibolo

Banned

No no no. The art direction in Gravity Rush was inspired by Franco-Belgian comics.

As a person who grew up with them, I really liked it.

igor

I think the exact opposite, straight anime art would have been generic and without charm, think if it looked like this fanart(awesome, but it's not the style i want)

I never said It should have looked like a typical Japanese anime sort of thing.

gravity-rush_084.jpg

It's just really awfully drawn.

It's more like "Japanese that tries to look western that tries to look Japanese" :,D

Akihiko Yoshida makes art work that could be mistaken for european fairy tales book from 18th century - art in GR is so painfully simplistic (and I don't think it was deliberate as much as the artist wasn't just skilful enough), when the world and architecture in game is so complex and layered and intricate. Anyways, it's just a side point. The in game art direction is glorious, but the drawings and awful writing seemed like a failed attempt on being quirky and charming. Didn't grab me personally.

I wish GR2 is more sandboxy - flying around the districts was a lot of fun.

No no no. The art direction in Gravity Rush was inspired by Franco-Belgian comics.

Uhm, all I criticised was the actual quality of the drawing ;__; But yeah, I didn't really notice the inspiration because I felt the attempt at stylising it was just not appealing.

bobohoro

This. And together with the music it made for a pretty flight simulator. Everything else was pretty average to bad though, so I kinda don't really care about all this GR2 drama. I didn't care much for Tearaway either. Or Type 0. I lose out on all the salt, hate and utter disgust on this forum, don't I? So sad. :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait, people actually like the games offered for January Plus?

News to me. Looks like more garbage shoveled onto the heap. I'm glad I got out of that racket. The only thing I truly miss from + were the sales.

antibolo

Banned
Uhm, all I criticised was the actual quality of the drawing ;__; But yeah, I didn't really notice the inspiration because I felt the attempt at stylising it was just not appealing.

You don't like it because you don't understand it. Your claims that it's badly drawn come from your ignorance towards that style. Just like people who dismiss Japanese style as "all bug eyed drawings that all look the same".

I'm not getting into this again, but...

If someone has to "understand" art for it to be good, it's not actually that good.

NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS PAST THIS COMMENT. we've had this conversation.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I played Resogun for a bit. Not sure I quite get it. In the sense that I'm not totally sure what I'm supposed to do, besides shooting/blowing up/dashing through stuff

daydream

Banned
I played Resogun for a bit. Not sure I quite get it. In the sense that I'm not totally sure what I'm supposed to do, besides shooting/blowing up/dashing through stuff

Shoot the baddies, save the little Darwinia+ dudes. What's not to get?

It's basically Defender (and thus, awesome).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Shoot the baddies, save the little Darwinia+ dudes. What's not to get?

It's basically Defender (and thus, awesome).

Yeah, I also think it's awesome, but a bit unsure about how to play it right

SerTapTap

Yeah, I also think it's awesome, but a bit unsure about how to play it right

Shoot stuff, don't get hit, don't drop the combo, pick up the green dudes. Controls are simple enough, move, shoot, bomb if you're in a tight situation or about to lose combo (and you're playing for score), boost to get out of tight situations more freely or just to plow through enemies, overdrive if...uh...I dunno overdrive feels very lame and I just use the ship with the worst overdrive, but it's some free damage I guess.

Probably want to play on normal just to reach the end, then play each level to collect all humans level by level, then try playing for score or the hardest difficulty.

igor

You don't like it because you don't understand it. Your claims that it's badly drawn come from your ignorance towards that style. Just like people who dismiss Japanese style as "all bug eyed drawings that all look the same".

LOL, no, I am not being ignorant towards the style, the drawings are actually like, not good. The lines and poses are IMO awkward (in a bad sense) and look like poor deviantart fan artwork. The quality is inconsistent and sometimes the proportions, and angles its drawn from are wonky looking. There you go. And just because I didn't like them in contrary to the "majority" (ie. few fans on NeoGAF, where else), it doesn't make my argument invalid, jesus christ people.

I know how a lot of fidelity is lost sometimes when the drawing is translated from pencil to digital art - and comics in GR look like someone did a poor job at going over the drawings on illustrator. Whether this was the case or not, it's not me to tell cause I don't have much experience or knowledge about the digital art work.

And I had a dig around the "Franco-Belgium Comic" and it's something I'm familiar with but I actually didn't know it's a genre in this sense. Somehow makes you imply that these were badly drawn which wasn't the case AT ALL.

I'm not getting into this again, but...

If someone has to "understand" art for it to be good, it's not actually that good.

NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS PAST THIS COMMENT. we've had this conversation.

"I do not understand it, ergo I deem it unworthy being called good" LOL, I am not going into this either because I'm too short tempered to argue with this kind of mindset. Go and appreciate Renoir, he's super easy to understand, have fun.

Top Bottom