• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

SerTapTap

Hm, so is Hyperdevotion Noire supposed to be funny at least? Wasn't sure I'd go all the way through Rebirth 2 having played Mk2, but the Chirper jokes (and other stuff) is too good to pass up on. Not sure why so few people seem to appreciate humor as a selling point of a game, I enjoyed Neptunia PP for this as well--though the gameplay makes it hard to go back and see everyone's stories again. Long Live The Queen was the only time I really liked this princess maker style stuff, and it was pretty short.

Unrelated: Estival Versus looks amazing. Didn't realise there was a Vita version.

The PS4 version really does. Glad that it seems we'll finally be getting 60 FPS anime games with good IQ. Always a tiny bit gross on PS3 and pretty much always 30FPS.

Metrico was awesome until the game introduced the motion gimmicks. From that point you were fighting the controls as much as you were figuring out he puzzles.

For me it was that and the final world that really killed it. Enjoyed starting it, absolutely did not enjoy finishing it. Also the final "colored doors" thing seems to just be a giant "fuck you" for 5 minutes

I rather buy a POS Nintendo Hardware than buy a tablet without buttons.

Surface Pro 3 with a DS4 is pretty damn sweet. Of course not quite the same as a Vita unless you have 4 hands and 12" pockets

ZeroAKA

Just a heads-up for North American PS4 owners: You can get a code for a The Order 1886 PS4 theme by exploring all 10 sections of the pinboard on the official website. Not sure what the theme looks like yet though since the code can't be activated until February 17.

SerTapTap

Just a heads-up for North American PS4 owners: You can get a code for a The Order 1886 PS4 theme by exploring all 10 sections of the pinboard on the official website. Not sure what the theme looks like yet though since the code can't be activated until February 17.

If you press down the age gate defaults to year 1886. A+++

Maid

Banned
Hm, so is Hyperdevotion Noire supposed to be funny at least? Wasn't sure I'd go all the way through Rebirth 2 having played Mk2, but the Chirper jokes (and other stuff) is too good to pass up on. Not sure why so few people seem to appreciate humor as a selling point of a game, I enjoyed Neptunia PP for this as well--though the gameplay makes it hard to go back and see everyone's stories again. Long Live The Queen was the only time I really liked this princess maker style stuff, and it was pretty short.

From what I heard, the story this time suck if you're Noire fan.

SerTapTap

From what I heard, the story this time suck if you're Noire fan.

Yeah I've heard the writer had no idea how to write Noire, but usually only like half of the humor is "story"--new enemies, locations, items and Chirper stuff could make up for it...if it were done right. ...am I hoping too much if I wonder if IFI might have rewritten a teeny bit to make the lines fit better...?

Shinriji

Yeah I've heard the writer had no idea how to write Noire, but usually only like half of the humor is "story"--new enemies, locations, items and Chirper stuff could make up for it...if it were done right. ...am I hoping too much if I wonder if IFI might have rewritten a teeny bit to make the lines fit better...?

The thing is, if the story and gags aren't on par with the first Neptunia, the gameplay is better than all Neptunia games together, and way better than all Sting trash that is hyped here on gaf, like Gungnir, Riviera, etc.

If you like SRPG, get it. It is a little on the easy side, and a "vanilla, by the books" SRPG, but its good for what it is.

And of course, the superior goddess game.

SerTapTap

The thing is, if the story and gags aren't on par with the first Neptunia, the gameplay is better than all Neptunia games together, and way better than all Sting trash that is hyped here on gaf, like Gungnir, Riviera, etc.

If you like SRPG, get it. It is a little on the easy side, and a "vanilla, by the books" SRPG, but its good for what it is.

Superior Goddess...with totally improper writing. Very mixed feelings about that. Also since it's IFI her voice is probably wrong too, I'm not sure why IFI keeps constantly ruining voices--Cave is worse in Rebirth 2 as well. But I'll probably get it because of the LE honestly.

What makes gameplay so amazing? I enjoy SRPGs to an extent, but permadeath, missables and no revisiting are so common Disgaea is about the only SRPG series I play anymore. I really, really do not enjoy the "level your character early or they are permanently useless because you can't replay maps" thing.

Considering that we still haven't seen a new Call of Duty after the piece of shit that was Declassified sold like hotcakes...yeah.

Acti is fucking mental.

Wait, Declassified sold well? What the fuck, can't believe Activision didn't spam sequels then. What are they, Konami?

Maid

Banned
It sold well for what it is. Also, Last week PSN in Japan has it rank at #6 as digital selling title if I remember correctly. Don't ask me why.

This is the first time I heard someone praises it for the gameplay. Guess I'll wait to see some of it and decide later.

ricki42

Should I just watch the rest of Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker online? I don't feel like finishing this game. Got up to the part where Snake talks
to The Bosses AI/Robot or something

I'm roughly in the same spot. Or I was a month or two ago when I last played it. I was going to skip the rest, but then I started up Ground Zeroes, and the introduction seems to refer to Peace Walker. How important is the Peace Walker story when playing Ground Zeroes?

SerTapTap

Last month is also amazing. I seriously consider purchasing 1 year of JP PS+ even though my Japanese isn't enough to play those games.

I was tempted, mostly for the PS1 archives. I might be too late to fully enjoy that party though

autoduelist

Say what you will about them, buy Yggdra ain't trash. Not by a long shot. I can understand not liking Sting games because they take so many chances with the genre... but trash?

What makes gameplay so amazing? I enjoy SRPGs to an extent, but permadeath, missables and no revisiting are so common Disgaea is about the only SRPG series I play anymore. I really, really do not enjoy the "level your character early or they are permanently useless because you can't replay maps" thing.

I can't win either way. Games that let you replay levels end up with serious balancing issues since it's hard not to accidentally grind -- being the 'right' level for any new level to be a proper challenge ends up near impossible. Ultimately I think I prefer ones that don't let you replay levels. I don't mind picking characters and sticking with them, though.

Disgaea gets a reprieve from that since I don't view the main game as the story levels -- for me, the main game is leveling characters/items in the item world.

SerTapTap

My Apotheon video is out!. Definitely play both PS4 PS+ games this month. I played on PC but see no reason the PS4 version would be significantly different, I played with a controller too.

Say what you will about them, buy Yggdra ain't trash. Not by a long shot. I can understand not liking Sting games because they take so many chances with the genre... but trash?

I can't win either way. Games that let you replay levels end up with serious balancing issues since it's hard not to accidentally grind -- being the 'right' level for any new level to be a proper challenge ends up near impossible. Ultimately I think I prefer ones that don't let you replay levels. I don't mind picking characters and sticking with them, though.

Disgaea gets a reprieve from that since I don't view the main game as the story levels -- for me, the main game is leveling characters/items in the item world.

Yggdra isn't trash, but it's massively marred by dozens of missable, consumable items where collection order matters. The game almost feels designed to force you to use a guide if you want anything, it's incredibly annoying and I otherwise love the combat system. Also it all but forces you to savescum since checking towns and shit is as often bad as it is good. Not a big fan of "leveling" the cards either, makes you stick to the same old same ol, even more so than characters.

I don't mind accidentally grinding too much (as long as you're brought down to earth a couple maps later) nearly as much as ending up stuck with completely useless party members or saved into a near-impossible situation because you're under leveled. I wonder if equipment gating or relative XP might help prevent excessive grinding while still allowing replaying of anything.

BTW it's a pretty sad state when people are buying Fire Emblem DLC just to grind. That's two wrongs not making a right to me. You've got bad design and you know it, but you add DLC so you profit off of it instead of fixing it. And no waiting in realtime is not an acceptable solution to...nearly anything in any game ever.

pariah164

It's here!

8phU3Fq.jpg
Will post impressions once I play a bit.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Estival Versus lost the irony of the series in favor of pandering(sometimes with bad tastes) imo
In any case here the newest trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR_8M_QQqDI

Nightcry (really rough)trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVrWn9CY91c

Daisenryaku Exceed II announced for PS3, PS Vita
http://gematsu.com/2015/02/daisenryaku-exceed-ii-announced-ps3-ps-vita

and more details about makai shin trillion
http://gematsu.com/2015/02/makai-sh...xes-grid-based-srpg-elements-real-time-action

Bandai Namco registered Lost Reavers for us and eu, what could it be?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=962212

Welp. Something like this will be my Vita successor.

Me too, but i'm not so sure anymore.
I have already bought an uber cheap tablet(quad core 1.2Hz cpu, 512mb ram, android 4.4, 7" 1024x600 screen) for my mother but she doesn't like technology stuff so i tried it a little with some free or f2p games, few games crash and Simpson tapped out completely refuses to run(i downloaded it many times) :\ is it normal with android?

SerTapTap

Me too, but i'm not so sure anymore.
I have already bought an uber cheap tablet(quad core 1.2Hz cpu, 512mb ram, android 4.4, 7" 1024x600 screen) for my mother but she doesn't like technology stuff so i tried it a little with some free or f2p games, few games crash and Simpson tapped out completely refuses to run(i downloaded it many times) :\ is it normal with android?

Cheap android tablets are generally no-gos, unless you're talking Nexus 7 as "cheap"...in fact I don't personally recommend much without "nexus" in the name for a variety of reasons. IF you want a tablet for gaming, get something with full windows and a controller IMO. It's not like tablets are portable without a carrying case anyway, being able to play proper Steam games means you're not forced to wade through the app stores or deal with general "app" issues.

Somehow I forgot that these threads have been in Community for like a year now. Was wondering why I couldn't find it.

Persona 4: Fishing All Day

Read this as Fisting All Day

Forgive me, friends

So Grim Fandango on Vita: yea or nay? I want to try it, but my expectation it would be better on Vita seems incorrect judging by what little I've read.

Like I said yesterday, just to avoid any kind of drama be safe, if you want to share opinions do it on the thread's LINE, you can find the link on the first post if you quote it.

I'd hate to see any of our members banned, or even worse, have the only thread that we Vita people can talk, gone.

antibolo

Banned
wow arcsystemworksu (strangely compelling) was indeed lying again i cant believe it shocking!!

Their 3-tweet-long country lists sure are something!

I wonder if at any point the moron who types those tweets ever wonders "hey why are we literally the only publisher to ever not release stuff in an entire region at once? surely we must be doing something wrong?"

Well, probably not.

Well Sony seems to be following Nintendo with their broken website. Added them all to my cart and checked out, now they don't show in my download list and when I try to add them to my cart it says I'm not eligible to purchase them. I give up today.

Toki767

Well Sony seems to be following Nintendo with their broken website. Added them all to my cart and checked out, now they don't show in my download list and when I try to add them to my cart it says I'm not eligible to purchase them. I give up today.

They're on your download list on your system. Seems they're borked on the webstore though.

Benedict

Have the same issue.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Cheap android tablets are generally no-gos, unless you're talking Nexus 7 as "cheap"...in fact I don't personally recommend much without "nexus" in the name for a variety of reasons. IF you want a tablet for gaming, get something with full windows and a controller IMO. It's not like tablets are portable without a carrying case anyway, being able to play proper Steam games means you're not forced to wade through the app stores or deal with general "app" issues.
I bought a uber cheap tablet because i knew it was a risk, my mother doesn't like those kind of things but i was hoping to "convert" her, now more than ever she needs more and new stimuli.

At least i can now try to make an android game.

Top Bottom