• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

ryseing

Tearaway soundtrack is GOAT for studying/background music.

Damned tests. Wish I could be playing GoT/Apotheon.

Christian

Sorry, I know I'm jumping in on this late. How are Kick & Fennick and Reel Fishing? Any impressions yet? Reviews are nonexistent, not surprising as these are Vita releases. I'm sure some of you have played K&F as it's a PS+ game. I'm not a PS+ member, I don't like having to rely on a membership to play my games. But I'd be willing to pay $8 for it, if it's quality. And I certainly wouldn't mind a quality fishing game on the go.

Cha

Sorry, I know I'm jumping in on this late. How are Kick & Fennick and Reel Fishing? Any impressions yet? ....
From previous page...
Played the two Vita PS+ games this month for a while (Kick and Fennick and Rogue Legacy) and they were quite fun :).

I really enjoyed what I played of Kick and Fennick so far :D. Great visuals style, tight controls, really fun gimmick (the lack of a jump button and relying on your movement with the gun reminds me a lot of Bionic Commando for some reason.....guess I'm thinking of the gun being this games equivalent of the Bionic Arm?). The design for Kick is....meh at best (he just looks.....off at parts in the game :l) but I like the look for Fennick :). I really enjoy the game so far and I'm glad it launched through PS+; means more people will give it a shot :D.

Good to hear. The trailers always looked fun, and the "jumping" thing and portal stuff caught my attention the most. The lack of any news about this game had me skeptical though. Being on Plus means that I can try it risk free, but I think I would have given it a shot if it was reasonably priced anyway. Lookin forward to trying it once it appears in my country's store.

So this guy played the first hour of the Spongebob Vita game on youtube....he was so bored he barely talked. One of his comments was something like "That framerate, wooooof" It looks soooooooo boring, and runs like shit compared to the footage of the 360 version I've seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-1GEiJ0SXE

Oh, and someone has a playthrough of the 360 version on youtube in 6 parts....the whole game is not even 2 hours long. Then the game tells you to go back and get the few trinkets you missed to get the real ending.

autoduelist

I'm enjoying the game I mentioned before, the game is quite nice, even though it feels pretty simple. So far, so good.

Welp, based on your and Pariah's gameplay comments I guess I'm in. I'll buy it next week, about 75% done Mind Zero and have been enjoying even more lately - starting at a certain point the difficultly kicks up a notch (I'm playing on expert to begin with) and now combat is even more interactive, plus I have lots of skill cards to experiment with. Dungeons have also gotten better... though I'll still never understand why spinner/teleport traps still exist now that automapping is prevalent. Those traps were awesome back in the days of grid paper... but now? They make little sense.

Also weird prompt from claiming Rogue Legacy for Vita..says I need to complete trial? Whats this mean?

I got it too when adding to cart on the webstore. Then it worked, so whatever, just an odd glitch.

Tapejara

So this guy played the first hour of the Spongebob Vita game on youtube....he was so bored he barely talked. One of his comments was something like "That framerate, wooooof" It looks soooooooo boring, and runs like shit compared to the footage of the 360 version I've seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-1GEiJ0SXE

Oh, and someone has a playthrough of the 360 version on youtube in 6 parts....the whole game is not even 2 hours long. Then the game tells you to go back and get the few trinkets you missed to get the real ending.

Oh God, the developers basically used the same art direction/level design as Plankton's Robotic Revenge - minus the shooting mechanics. Ugh, why does Activision have to have the licence?

FDC1

Suikoden I & II are up on the european stores but you can't apparently download S2 directly from the Vita:

2015-010.jpg

I hope it's just a bug and it will be corrected soon

eFKac

When does the UK PSN store refresh?

You should start checking the store in around 5 hours.

Even if not officially updated, new games and PS+ games may be already on the store, if you search for them through the search bar.

Btw. whoever made the decisions regarding USB on the PS4 should be fucking fired and never find work again. First off, only 2 ports and none on the back? GTFO.

Second thing, the front ports have such small spaces between the mold of the PS4 front that my only one of tens of my flash drives will even fit into the USB port. And that's only because it has a rubber coat that can be taken off. It's so stupid...

autoduelist

I may be misremembering but I really can't remember any weeks without PS+ discounts previously. 3 in a row seem more than a coincidence.

It's odd, certainly. It could mean something. It could mean nothing. It would be foolish for them to get rid of the discount since it obviously spurs lots of purchases (I know it does for me), so I err on the side of 'wait and see' rather than assuming it's gone and laying blame on PS4 online or whatever. They may just be doing some basic market research to see how much sales are affected by the lack of discounts, or it could be something else entirely. Ultimately, discounts spur purchases... it's not like Sony loses money on sales.

The store does odd things sometimes... a few weeks without a decent sale, or a few months without a flash sale, and people get all worked up (especially on the blog)... but things always seem to have a way of working out. Heck, just look at all the people furious over getting a 10% coupon and two sales to go along with it (weekly + flash). And all those discounts (including ps+ discounts) were just a few weeks ago. People get riled up too easy, imo.

Obviously, there's no way to know what will pan out. Hopefully next week is a good sale.

bobawesome

I hate Rogue Legacy. I started playing it at four in the afternoon and it's almost five in the morning.

I don't think I've done this since I first played Game Dev Story.

It's odd, certainly. It could mean something. It could mean nothing. It would be foolish for them to get rid of the discount since it obviously spurs lots of purchases (I know it does for me), so I err on the side of 'wait and see' rather than assuming it's gone and laying blame on PS4 online or whatever. They may just be doing some basic market research to see how much sales are affected by the lack of discounts, or it could be something else entirely. Ultimately, discounts spur purchases... it's not like Sony loses money on sales.
Yeah I thought of all that as well. I'm not really worried and I think it would be a stupid move, but it's not like Sony doesn't ever do stupid things :p

I'm sure PS+ discounts are a win-win situation since it makes a subscription more attractive and incentivises purchases because of cheaper prices and the feel to get the most out of the sub at the same time.

deadfolk

I wonder if I just should get the japanese version. It's cheaper too.

I'm thinking this. I'm learning the language and it looks like it might be a good game to use for that. As far as I can tell, all the text seems to stay on the screen as long as you want, giving you as much time as you need to translate.

There's no DLC, right?

Well, I guess that kills the "no more PS+ discounts" conversation.

Admittedly, I'm not sure why that conversion started after only one sale not having PS+ discounts, but still.

Fate + God Eater combo this summer. My god, if they put as much work into it as they did for the first part of Unlimited Blade Works, this could be the greatest thing ever
maybe then Bamco will really bring the game over, like SAO

VLiberty

Downloading Kick and Fennick. I want to download Aeternoblade demo (the PS2 era look comments got me interested again) but it's ot yet available in the Vita store.

edit: As usual, the webstore is the way to go...

eFKac

Well, I guess that kills the "no more PS+ discounts" conversation.

Admittedly, I'm not sure why that conversion started after only one sale not having PS+ discounts, but still.

I mean, it's always like this when something potentially harmful occurs.
Like autoduelist ( I think) said, after PS+ started to be a multiplayer paywall, every other month it was announced dead, worthless, cash grab, shit.

This time it was the one time 10% off code, that made people think that we may it maybe once a month from now on or will be at Sony's mercy altogether, and regular 10/20% PS+ discounts are dead, because Sony is evil and desperately wants to fuck you over at every occasion it gets (and since now PS+ is a mp paywall...yada yada)

Unfortunately people nowadays love to jump on every theory on the internet without second thought, Gaf is still more reasonable and better than YouTube, Twitch or IGN comment sections but sometimes I feel like it's slowly deteriorating in the same direction.

I'm not sure what should I expect for the quality, though.

Like I said if they put as much work into it as they did for Fate, I think this will be really, really good. We'll have to wait and see.

God Eater is bleh but Ufotable is the second best animation studio out there. I won't write it off for them alone.

Ufotable is my favourite anime studio actually, which is why I am so excited (plus I absolutely love GEs world), mind if I ask what is yours?

Hellraider

If you guys expect great things out of God Eater just because it's ufotable you're bound to be disappointed. They sure as hell ain't gonna treat it the way they do with the Fate franchise.

Top Bottom