• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Shizuka

Yeah, I know I need to grind to lvl 99 at the end, but right now I even have all my characters equipped with Item Up (fortunate grassland, iirc) equipment because I'm more worried about getting rare drops than I am my levels. I figure I can equip my exp+ items at the end, because I'd rather grind for a fixed goal (experience) than rare drops in post game.

It's possible I just got luckier than you did with the attack cards I chose to upgrade... the +++/++++ system isn't exactly informative. Tiger/Phoenix form, for example, seem to be far more powerful than other similarly rated cards. I realize attack values depend greatly on stats, but I wish they did a better job of describing them.

Did you have to grind for any cards to get enough for the trophy at the end? Or did you get them naturally. Rare item drops are my most hated trophy type so I'm worried.

I'm also only doing one playthrough [on expert] if that changes anything.

I don't quite remember, but since you can just keep "evolving" your cards to get different cards, I did that the most.

Sure looks that way, all the vita games at least, well except for PP since its nisa published.

Neptunia U should be fun on pc.

And it defeats the purpose of releasing the games as full-priced Vita titles. I mean, I'm grateful, but I could just wait a couple of months and get the "superior" version for less than half the price.

To those in VitaGAF who've played New Little King's Story, how is it? I keep hearing it's decent and am told 'it's like Pikmin', but I've never played Pikmin, so that tells me nothing.

The game is very fun, very interesting. You "shoot" the characters that follow you to do different things, that's the gameplay. The one issue I have with the game is the awful framerate during a few occasions.

TOTP: Buy Demon Gaze (Vita).

nampad

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910344764/drift-stage/posts/1125164?ref=backer_project_update

Drift Stage is coming to PS4 & Vita.

Just need 90's Arcade Racer, Distance & Formula Fusion to come to Vita now and indie devs will have plugged the gap of racing games my Vita has had outside of WipEout & Ridge Racer (both of which I really enjoyed).

At least Distance is already confirmed for PS4, so that's something.

Drift Stage looks good but 2016 is so far off :(

pariah164

The game is very fun, very interesting. You "shoot" the characters that follow you to do different things, that's the gameplay. The one issue I have with the game is the awful framerate during a few occasions.
Couple of questions:

- I heard there's a time system; does it matter, or is it just there?
- There's an insane amount of DLC for this game, from what I've seen. Does it actually help, or is it just cosmetic/a cash grab?

Shizuka

Couple of questions:

- I heard there's a time system; does it matter, or is it just there?
- There's an insane amount of DLC for this game, from what I've seen. Does it actually help, or is it just cosmetic/a cash grab?

- It's just there, although there are certain things that only happen at night/during the day.
- Skip all DLC, it's mostly cosmetics.

pariah164

- It's just there, although there are certain things that only happen at night/during the day.
- Skip all DLC, it's mostly cosmetics.
Thanks. I've been eying it but I never picked it up because it was always expensive. Now that it's $20 and I know it's good, I'm definitely snagging it.

And it defeats the purpose of releasing the games as full-priced Vita titles. I mean, I'm grateful, but I could just wait a couple of months and get the "superior" version for less than half the price.

Yeah, I'm really quite confused about how I feel about these PC ports. I don't mind any Vita exclusives coming to other platforms, because as long as they're on Vita I'm happy since it's by far my favourite platform to play on at the minute. And besides, we get tonnes of games ported across from PC.

But on the flipside, the discounted pricing for the PC versions makes it seem like I overpaid badly for the Vita version, and I've a feeling it's going to completely burn out Vita buyers that would've been pretty dedicated soon.

I can understand why they'd want to make PC versions, but I feel like they're going to destroy the niche audience they could've had on Vita by doing things the way that they are at the moment.

SerTapTap

Oh god Shizuka is scary mask lady how long have I not noticed that?
I'm bad with names okay

Yeah, this is the iffiest part. I'm wondering if only the first game is going to be 50% off at launch, but still $30 base price is still cheaper than you can get it digitally on Vita

i find the LE to be pretty barebones anyways. but a physical copy is always good.

Artbook seems decent, though yeah their LEs are usually acceptable at best. Also I found there was a Neptune Nendoroid...it's $100 now =/

Yeah, I'm really quite confused about how I feel about these PC ports. I don't mind any Vita exclusives coming to other platforms, because as long as they're on Vita I'm happy since it's by far my favourite platform to play on at the minute. And besides, we get tonnes of games ported across from PC.

But on the flipside, the discounted pricing for the PC versions makes it seem like I overpaid badly for the Vita version, and I've a feeling it's going to completely burn out Vita buyers that would've been pretty dedicated soon.

I can understand why they'd want to make PC versions, but I feel like they're going to destroy the niche audience they could've had on Vita by doing things the way that they are at the moment.
Do we know the pricing for future PC ports already? Neptunia 1 was just heavily discountend at launch because it's a bit older and was already discounted on PSN to a similar level. You can always wait for cheaper prices independent from the port. I don't think releases that are closer to the Vita games will be as cheap. More people get to play the games and you can buy it for whatever platfor at whatever price you want. That's a good thing.

SerTapTap

Do we know the pricing for future PC ports already? Neptunia 1 was just heavily discountend at launch because it's a bit older and was already discounted on PSN to a similar level. I don't think releases that are closer to the Vita games will be as cheap.

I do wish they'd be more upfront about their plans either way. If you are or aren't going to be on PC I want to know that and I want to know the timeframe. I don't like this "buy the game on one platform, then weeks after release we announce it on PC--also it's $15". I'd have zero problem with same date same price PC releases (very common for indies), just feels like they're fishing for double-dippers and/or abusing their Vita base a bit

I do wish they'd be more upfront about their plans either way. If you are or aren't going to be on PC I want to know that and I want to know the timeframe. I don't like this "buy the game on one platform, then weeks after release we announce it on PC--also it's $15". I'd have zero problem with same date same price PC releases (very common for indies), just feels like they're fishing for double-dippers and/or abusing their Vita base a bit

Please, Neptunia Rebirth is 6 months old and was the same price on PSN before. Let's not talk about this as if it was a huge scam unless we actually see what you're describing here. A lower price for late ports is pretty much expected on PC btw.

SerTapTap

Please, Neptunia Rebirth is 6 months old and was the same price on PSN before. Let's not talk about this as if it was a huge scam unless we actually see what you're describing here. A lower price for late ports is pretty much expected on PC btw.

Their PC announcement was only about a month before Rebirth's release date, and unless they announce it very soon, Noire will have been on sale (and limited edition preorders are already open) before the PC version is announced. Rebirth 1 I'm willing to excuse but if they're going to port everything they should say that upfront. It's like the bullshit where companies won't even breathe a word about localization until months after japanese release

People are angry that a port of a 6 month old game is cheaper than the original release. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doesn't seem to happen much in reverse though. I'd have a much bigger PSN library if PC ports were released at their Steam sale prices for a limited time at launch :p

By the way, my comment on the price was just an assumption. I have no problem if the further ports are going to be full price on release.

Shizuka

People created the "Vita tax" term when we started getting indie games later and for a higher price compared to the PC version. It'd be one thing if it's a late port, but if it's been planned all along and they're supposedly giving a little break between the Vita and PC release to justify the price, it's just not a nice gesture to Vita fans, even if they are still releasing Vita games when other companies aren't. That's just my two cents, as a Vita owner.

Doesn't seem to happen much in reverse though. I'd have a much bigger PSN library if PC ports were released at their Steam sale prices for a limited time at launch :p

By the way, my comment on the price was just an assumption. I have no problem if the further ports are going to be full price on release.
Well, I'd appreciate that too, but the fact is that Steam is much more competetive due to number of releases so a discount is more necessary than on PSN where a sometimes only 2-3 games release in a week. The thing is, a sale is always coming down the line if you can wait.

Since Noire has been rated for PC already I expect a launch much closer to Vita, let's see what they do then and save out complaints for that time. :)
It'd be one thing if it's a late port, but if it's been planned all along and they're supposedly giving a little break between the Vita and PC release to justify the price, it's just not a nice gesture to Vita fans, even if they are still releasing Vita games when other companies aren't. That's just my two cents, as a Vita owner.
Once again, lots of speculation. I bought the PC version and the Vita version both for roughly the same price. So far there is no indication that their intention is to screw anyone.

This is just my guess though it might also be their way to insure profit from a relatively small audience. Just like an airline jacking up the price for a niche flight, a game won't be ported if the devs can't see the dollar signs around a platform. Plus all the added cost from creating a game for consoles (platform's take, rating agencies, engine costs) so they can't help but jack up the price.

I personally would like to have their games' prices to be more competitively priced but I can't force a business to set their prices on their merchandise.

SerTapTap

Since Noire has been rated for PC already I expect a launch much closer to Vita, let's see what they do then and save out complaints for that time. :)

Once again, lots of speculation. I bought the PC version and the Vita version both for roughly the same price. So far there is no indication that their intention is to screw anyone.

I'm not saying they're pure evil yet, but I certainly don't think it's been handled very well. I see zero reason why they shouldn't be upfront if not for either malice or incompetence. Noire being ESRB rated before announced is pretty iffy IMO, especially since preorders for that LE (and the game itself) are already live.

Not saying they shouldn't be on PC, not saying they shouldn't be on PC late, have discounts etc. But the whole "is THIS one coming to PC?" thing is super awkward.

I'm not saying they're pure evil yet, but I certainly don't think it's been handled very well. I see zero reason why they shouldn't be upfront if not for either malice or incompetence. Noire being ESRB rated before announced is pretty iffy IMO, especially since preorders for that LE (and the game itself) are already live.

Not saying they shouldn't be on PC, not saying they shouldn't be on PC late, have discounts etc. But the whole "is THIS one coming to PC?" thing is super awkward.
Maybe I'm just willing to overlook a few "rookie mistakes" because I'm really happy for more Japanese support on PC. They are very communicative about the Steam version of Neptunia so far and seem to be trying their best, while they obviously don't have any experience on that platform. It's strange to me that the first thought would be malicious intent towards their Vita audience.

Paying a few € more or less just doesn't seem like a big deal to me when compared to that.

Shizuka

I just want to wait and see if this will be limited to Vita games or if they'll be porting Omega Quintet and other PS4/PS3 games besides Fairy Fencer F.

RK128

PERSONA 4 DANCING ALL NIGHT AWESOME OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnLIwC713hU

POSERS GONNA POSE.

As expected, another Persona is going to have a killer soundtrack :D. Really love the piano/beats that show up at the start and the middle of the song; gives the song a great beat I think :). Speaking of Persona, I do wonder if we are going to see gameplay for this and P5 soon; if songs for the former are starting to be announced (and a handful of the track list being shown off; what else was that top 25 list for :). That list bothers me due to no tracks from Persona 3 Portable popping up.....Wiping All Out was a great tune, so that should have been on that top 25 :() then gameplay should soon follow. No comment about P5 announcements as something for P5 should be announced latter today :).

autoduelist

To those in VitaGAF who've played New Little King's Story, how is it? I keep hearing it's decent and am told 'it's like Pikmin', but I've never played Pikmin, so that tells me nothing.

Your character amasses a small army of hirelings around him. Each hireling has a class, and can be given equipment. You sort of 'shoot' your hireling at things to accomplish stuff. For example, you shoot a lumberjack and he'll run straight ahead, and if he hits a log in your way he'll chop it up. Or if you shoot your soldiers and archers at an enemy, they attack.

Army Corps of Hell has the same sort of system, though is more focused on combat and far darker themed.

You can amass a fairly large army (30 or so iirc?) in NLKS which does cause framerate issues when you're in your main city, though isn't an issue when you're out adventuring (which is most of the time).

The world is gated metroidvania/zelda style, in that you can't get into certain areas until you have the proper units.

Gameplay/bosses is simple yet fun enough. Too easy if you ask me, but good for a casual romp. Combat can be cool, since you can use different units to, say, jump on a weakspot of a boss and then send other units in while it's trying to get them off, etc. But it's just never hard enough to feel truly 'tactical'.

Story is cutesy cutesy stuff, mildly annoying/cloying if you're not into it though you can just click through. There's a lot of goofy equipment, and your hirelings will actually wear it... so you can put armor on your soldier, or, if you prefer, goofy stuff like a panda mask or whatever. Lots of variety there if you're into dress up (i'm not, I just went with the best stat buffs).

There's also a whole mating game where you can expand your army, but I found just shooting all units into the church without actually paying attention was a far better use of my time.

Platinum requires rubber banding your vita for 6 hours or so once you're done everything else. Not a terribly hard plat otherwise. Clear every area, find some secrets, do a tiny bit of crafting for equipment. The rubberbanding is because you need a small set of characters to 'love' you, or something, and each takes a couple hours of use 'in game'. Since you'll likely stick with one during your campaign, you need to spin in circles with the rest.

It's worthwhile at the right price if the above sounds interesting. It doesn't quite make the leap to great for me, but I can see someone really enjoying it if they just want that casual adventuring sort of thing.

Uthred

Plenty of games are rated before being announced, if (when) it comes to the PC theres not going to be a physical release anyway so the crossover of people preordering the limited edition is likely to be small. They announced the other three games at once and presuming that they announce this one before launch people can cancel their pre-orderes. Trying to paint it as "pretty iffy" or intentional "malice" seems like an over-reaction.

bobohoro

Played some Kick & Fennick (middle of Ch2) and I'm kinda iffy on it.

I mean, it runs well, is fluid and the gameplay is solid. But I just don't see myself really spending time with the title, since it's a very simple game without much substance or reward, as far as I can see. Certainly nice if you need a quick platforming fix, but there just isn't anything that seems to be grabbing me or urging me to play further. The really unattractive art style isn't helping either.

And one thing annoyed me. Why can't I navigate the main menu with buttons? There is no sensible reason that can't be done here, touchscreen-only should be reserved for stuff that really can only be realised that way, not the most basic inputs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910344764/drift-stage/posts/1125164?ref=backer_project_update

Drift Stage is coming to PS4 & Vita.

Just need 90's Arcade Racer, Distance & Formula Fusion to come to Vita now and indie devs will have plugged the gap of racing games my Vita has had outside of WipEout & Ridge Racer (both of which I really enjoyed).

At least Distance is already confirmed for PS4, so that's something.

Yusssss.... also yusssss we need 90's Arcade Racer

This game went from "canceled" to "will release x months later as long as it doesn't bomb" to "will release next week alongside all the other platforms" in the span of a month

I forgot to ask him if he meant EU or NA, since he's in Sweden. Watch it not happen and me trying to hype-nudge backfire.

I may give Shinovi Versus another go tonight. Maybe I just need some more time with the game in order to appreciate it as much as everyone else does. And no, fan service is not enough to keep me playing lol.

Shizuka

i deleted the mutual friend

it didnt go away

so i had to send the person i may know a friend request, cancel it and then block him to get rid of it.

image.php

I can hear it whispering "go away".

maouvin

it didnt go away

so i had to send the person i may know a friend request, cancel it and then block him to get rid of it.

Woah.

"Good" to know that it didn't work, was going to try that sooner or later.

I may give Shinovi Versus another go tonight. Maybe I just need some more time with the game in order to appreciate it as much as everyone else does. And no, fan service is not enough to keep me playing lol.

You need some Katsuragi in your life.
And to fight more bosses. Fighting mobs in SV is meh.

TUSR

Banned
Woah.

"Good" to know that it didn't work, was going to try that sooner or later.

i dont know the guy that it was suggesting, but when it created the auto friend request text it used my full real name.

i have all the options off for using my real name anywhere in privacy.

thanks sony.

woah, Sony telling me to check my privilege:

PlgAmjQ.png

Me and a bunch of other LBP'rs trying to find out why a bunch of DLC still doesn't work on PS4 or is improperly licensed for purchase when already owned... universal problem. They have no idea what we're even saying.

wilflare

PlgAmjQ.png

Me and a bunch of other LBP'rs trying to find out why a bunch of DLC still doesn't work on PS4 or is improperly licensed for purchase when already owned... universal problem. They have no idea what we're even saying.

that is expected honestly :/ sigh Sony needs to invest in better CS :/
even EA has an awesome CS

Puru

I don't get this game to be honest, fighting trash mobs is mainly brainless (or frustrating against those turtle ninjas) and the boss fights generally consist at doing the same combos over and over again.
It's somewhat fun for a while but it also quickly become pretty boring imo. Also the perverted stuff gets old rather fast, i was already skipping them at the third fight.

Oh well, i had to give it a shot. It looks pretty decent though.

Shizuka

I didn't like it at first. Game-wise, it's certainly a grower, it gets better as you keep playing, given you don't quit before you reaching that point.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say you're not missing anything. It's a very shallow and repetitive game all the way through. Even the bosses can be taken down the same way once you have an opening.
I hoped it would be way better than Burst that many claimed, but no, it was the same thing but in 3D.
I didn't like it at first. Game-wise, it's certainly a grower, it gets better as you keep playing, given you don't quit before you reaching that point.
Huh, it was the other way for me. It was amusing and nice-looking in the beginning but after a while it really overstayed its welcome.
Just played a bit of Criminal Girls and wow they weren't kidding with the steam censorship. They might as well have just taken that part out of the game.
The first stages are apparently very steamy in the Japanese version also, it's not like that the whole game I believe. (this is probably my last post regarding this game)

it didnt go away

i dont know the guy that it was suggesting, but when it created the auto friend request text it used my full real name.

i have all the options off for using my real name anywhere in privacy.

thanks sony.

loool

You are discouraging me from playing it lol. In a way its good hearing your opinions, I thought I was the only one who didn't love the game.

antibolo

Banned

PlgAmjQ.png

That reminds me, I can't download the FF7 costumes in my LBP3 PS4, it just says unavailable. Are you talking about issues like that? I'd love to have that fixed eventually but haven't looked much into it so far. Is there a thread where people are currently talking about this?

PlgAmjQ.png

To be fair, I've never once asked @AskPlayStation a question and got an answer that was helpful. It's simply expected that they answer with nonsense that doesn't work at this point.

Tapejara

You are discouraging me from playing it lol. In a way its good hearing your opinions, I thought I was the only one who didn't love the game.

To be honest, I wasn't enjoying it that much either. I kept getting stun locked, and I found the jumping to be way too floaty. I'm probably going to give it another try as well, but I think I'm going to try and finish Akiba's Trip first.

Shizuka

To be honest, I wasn't enjoying it that much either. I kept getting stun locked, and I found the jumping to be way too floaty. I'm probably going to give it another try as well, but I think I'm going to try and finish Akiba's Trip first.

Now there's a game I gave up playing halfway to the end. It was fun, but it wasn't worth the money I spent getting it.

Now there's a game I gave up playing halfway to the end. It was fun, but it wasn't worth the money I spent getting it.

Since we are being honest and all, I gotta say as of late, XSeed's games have been like this for me. Fun, never end up beating them, and I always regret spending the money on them... Most recent example is Brandish.

I ignored almost all the side missions on my first playthrough and quite enjoyed it, but yeah - the side shit gets tedious is you focus on it.

Top Bottom