• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Maid

Banned
If you guys expect great things out of God Eater just because it's ufotable you're bound to be disappointed. They sure as hell ain't gonna treat it the way they do with the Fate franchise.

It's the other way around for me. I like God Eater more than I care about ufotable.

SerTapTap

Danganronpa is fucking crazy. Amazing, should have played it sooner. Only in chapter 3. Glad the community is so courteous about spoilers. People talk about loving some Let's Play of it but personally I'd be pissed if I learned any of this before I got my grubby spikes on it. That's why I always issue a firm warning that you should probably not watch my video if spoilers are important to the game.

Also my copy of Banned Game (not to be confused with Forbidden Games) should be here Friday. Ordered the LE, a bit late

A lot of games like Crash Team Racing and Crash Bandicoot that aren't licensed for Vita in the US.. I lost a bunch when I migrated cards.

Content manager, people! Forbidden Games copy to content manager and back just fine.

Shizuka

Welp, based on your and Paraih's gameplay comments I guess I'm in. I'll buy it next week, about 75% done Mind Zero and have been enjoying even more lately - starting at a certain point the difficultly kicks up a notch (I'm playing on expert to begin with) and now combat is even more interactive, plus I have lots of skill cards to experiment with. Dungeons have also gotten better... though I'll still never understand why spinner/teleport traps still exist now that automapping is prevalent. Those traps were awesome back in the days of grid paper... but now? They make little sense.

I found myself having to grind during my Expert playthrough of Mind Zero, no strategy would get me through the bosses. That said, grinding was pretty mindless, I'd do it while watching Netflix.

bobohoro

I don't even know why I had this tiny little sliver of hope that Brandish would release today. I mean, nothing was pointing towards it. And here I am, again feeling dissapointment. Well, no Day-1 from me anymore, will get it when it's on sale later this year.

moojito

I went out and bought a vita today. I've been eyeing one for a while, but Rogue legacy tipped me over the edge. I managed to get it installed, but about 80% of the time when I'm trying to look at the download list it bombs out with "failed to connect to the psn network in time". I hope that's just because this is new game day and it's really busy.

Anyway, loving them both so far but I think I'm going to get some serious thumb cramp on the train.

I don't even know why I had this tiny little sliver of hope that Brandish would release today. I mean, nothing was pointing towards it. And here I am, again feeling dissapointment. Well, no Day-1 from me anymore, will get it when it's on sale later this year.

I think in general publishers would benefit from worldwide simultaneous releases for smaller titles. There was quite a bit of talk and excitement before and shortly after the US release, which has led to many people picking the game up. That has mostly slowed down now. There's no need to get the game on day 1 anymore since you can't be part of that conversation anyway. EU people are less likely to notice the game because the thread is almost dead. You can't get that hype and word of mouth back for the EU release. Pushing games out as soon as possible just doesn't seem to have any benefit to me. And if a single person can get it done, I'm sure XSEED could do it.

nampad

I bought a physical copy of Tearaway and I think I got a repackaged game. The plastic wrapper on those games normally have some kind of Playstation logo on the opener, right?

Won't accept the game if it is not new.

I went out and bought a vita today. I've been eyeing one for a while, but Rogue legacy tipped me over the edge. I managed to get it installed, but about 80% of the time when I'm trying to look at the download list it bombs out with "failed to connect to the psn network in time". I hope that's just because this is new game day and it's really busy.

Anyway, loving them both so far but I think I'm going to get some serious thumb cramp on the train.

When that happens, I just close the Store App (pull the sticker down) and reopen it, that should work.

Cha

Kick and Fennick is a nice surprise, quite fun to play.

I know, right! I'm also loving it so far. I don't know about you guys, but I feel like this type of game would've benefit from speed challenges. I really wish it had a timer to let you know how long it took to clear each stage. But other than that, it plays great and it's fun :)

moojito

When that happens, I just close the Store App (pull the sticker down) and reopen it, that should work.

Aye, that worked once or twice, but it seems to just be acting up generally. I found the bit of the website where you can click download to vita, so I'm doing it that way instead. Good times!

bobohoro

PERSONA 4 DANCING ALL NIGHT AWESOME OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnLIwC713hU

POSERS GONNA POSE.

The hype is real.

The song is pretty average though. Too long, feels contrived/forced at times, but has some catchy and fun moments. I'm still looking forward to the game and hope it scratches my rhythm/scoring-itch.

I think in general publishers would benefit from worldwide simultaneous releases for smaller titles. There was quite a bit of talk and excitement before and shortly after the US release, which has led to many people picking the game up. That has mostly slowed down now. There's no need to get the game on day 1 anymore since you can't be part of that conversation anyway. EU people are less likely to notice the game because the thread is almost dead. You can't get that hype and word of mouth back for the EU release. Pushing games out as soon as possible just doesn't seem to have any benefit to me. And if a single person can get it done, I'm sure XSEED could do it.

Totally agree. The buzz for Brandish, however small it might have been, is totally gone, and with the packed release schedule for many devices in march/april, I'm certain the game is doomed to go under in Europe. They'd need to do something special to gain some traction again, like a discount on launch, but I don't see that happening.

These niche, digital-only titles desperately need simultaneous global releases for all the reasons you mentioned. They don't get much display outside of the community in the know, and if that dies off, you missed your biggest chance. Which is especially sad with titles like Brandish, that look like a good product, but may never get their chance over here. :/

Nope :( I searched for a 1K replacement model but i couldn't find one so i will be ordering a 2K model tomorrow!
Man, hope I'm not too late! My Vita recently died. I didn't want to buy a new one, as I have the white Assassin's Creed LE OLED Vita. I never want to part with it. Once I got around to starting the repair process, Sony quoted me about $130 (give or take), and they also assured me that I would be definitely getting back either *my* White Vita, or one just like it. Notes placed on the order about the LE, as well. Just have to wait for my box to arrive, and then wait for the repairs. While not optimal, especially if you are craving Vita, it definitely saved me from upgrading to a 2k model, and spending at least $70 more than I needed to. I want one, don't get me wrong...but not now. Maybe when my launch day 3g Vita dies...
I should have bought that cheapo Vita TV last week, and also did the repair to compensate for Sony not getting my 2k monies
Does anybody know if GTA: China Town Wars has been cheaper?
Buy it! It's well worth five bucks. Not to mention, until the PSX GTA games get released in NA, this is the only way you can have a "traditional" GTA experience on a handheld.

autoduelist

I found myself having to grind during my Expert playthrough of Mind Zero, no strategy would get me through the bosses. That said, grinding was pretty mindless, I'd do it while watching Netflix.

I haven't grinded at all on expert, just 100% dungeon exploration. That's one of the things I really like about the game - it's balanced so that the beginning of every dungeon is quite challenging, but by the very end of a dungeon I can usually auto-battle (or, perhaps, auto-battle after I kill the hardest enemy). And then the boss is challenging but beatable.

I know you beat it already, but did you level your cards? Also, did you tend to forget about boosting? I don't use it except for boss battles, so I figure it's very easy to forget about it. But careful use of boosting gives multiple heals/cures/attacks per turn can lifesave.

For bosses,
I use Sana to immediately debuff their armor with Armor Break, then use Kei's +++ or ++++ elemental one hit attack, then with Leo use Tiger/Phoenix Form (depending on which I had at the time - it's the upgraded Fang Form you find in a chest pretty early). I focused all card upgrades on combat and attack buffs (font of fury, etc). Sana is my healer / debuffer, Kei can also heal in a pinch, and Leo can cure status ailments. Bosses go down fast, I haven't had an issue since a very early dungeon where it took me a few tries. I have a bunch of level'd cards for specific elemental defense, etc, that I thought I might need for bosses... but so far, I just keep my basic dungeoneering card set.

I've found elemental attacks are pretty much a waste in my opinion. They require a bunch of card slots (you'll want a slot to increase magic attack, a slot for the attack(s) themselves, and a major/greater boost card)... whereas if you use a non-elemental attack card (like tiger form) you free up a couple extra slots for buff cards and often do the same/more damage w/o worrying about their strengths/weaknesses. For example, Leo often does more damage than stuff Kei's water skill is strong to. I almost never attack bosses with Sana... in fact, her only attack skill is 'armor break'.

USPS is so dumb here right now. Same thing they did with Sword Art Online package last week:

d4RD7X4.png

To Denver, then to Golden for no reason, then back to Denver like "oh yeah, this guy doesn't live in Golden at all, wtf?" - 2 days late for nothing. At least this time I didn't have to call and get it redelivered... yet. They'll likely do the same thing with Firefly Diaries LE and I'll have an anxiety attack.

I'm pretty dang sure it's way less than that, more like 400MB. It probably requires double that to download + install though

I'm pretty sure Vita doesn't take extra space for the download/install process, thankfully. And yeah, 400MB sounds about right. The size listed on the site is probably the sum of all the platforms together.

Shizuka

I haven't grinded at all on expert, just 100% dungeon exploration. That's one of the things I really like about the game - it's balanced so that the beginning of every dungeon is quite challenging, but by the very end of a dungeon I can usually auto-battle (or, perhaps, auto-battle after I kill the hardest enemy). And then the boss is challenging but beatable.

I know you beat it already, but did you level your cards? Also, did you tend to forget about boosting? I don't use it except for boss battles, so I figure it's very easy to forget about it. But careful use of boosting gives multiple heals/cures/attacks per turn can lifesave.

For bosses,
I use Sana to immediately debuff their armor with Armor Break, then use Kei's +++ or ++++ elemental one hit attack, then with Leo use Tiger/Phoenix Form (depending on which I had at the time - it's the upgraded Fang Form you find in a chest pretty early). I focused all card upgrades on combat and attack buffs (font of fury, etc). Sana is my healer / debuffer, Kei can also heal in a pinch, and Leo can cure status ailments. Bosses go down fast, I haven't had an issue since a very early dungeon where it took me a few tries. I have a bunch of level'd cards for specific elemental defense, etc, that I thought I might need for bosses... but so far, I just keep my basic dungeoneering card set.

I've found elemental attacks are pretty much a waste in my opinion. They require a bunch of card slots (you'll want a slot to increase magic attack, a slot for the attack(s) themselves, and a major/greater boost card)... whereas if you use a non-elemental attack card (like tiger form) you free up a couple extra slots for buff cards and often do the same/more damage w/o worrying about their strengths/weaknesses. For example, Leo often does more damage than stuff Kei's water skill is strong to. I almost never attack bosses with Sana... in fact, her only attack skill is 'armor break'.

I did upgrade all my skills, always used the best ones for my characters and took advantage of bosses weaknesses, but still wouldn't get anywhere if I didn't grind a little. It's required to get the platinum trophy anyway, so I did it all during my Expert playthrough.

maouvin

USPS is so dumb here right now. Same thing they did with Sword Art Online package last week:

To Denver, then to Golden for no reason, then back to Denver like "oh yeah, this guy doesn't live in Golden at all, wtf?" - 2 days late for nothing. At least this time I didn't have to call and get it redelivered... yet. They'll likely do the same thing with Firefly Diaries LE and I'll have an anxiety attack.

Just like the brazilian postal service lol. My HRAP v4 did the same kind of travelling last year.

autoduelist

To Denver, then to Golden for no reason, then back to Denver like "oh yeah, this guy doesn't live in Golden at all, wtf?"

Yikes. That shouldn't be happening multiple times. Once could be a glitch. If you don't already, I'd suggest you start using your full zip code + 4... that might help? I'd also call my postal office and explain the issue just to see if they can eyeball whatever is causing the problem. I mean, it could just be terrible employees, but so much of the service is automated now it seems like the machines might be misreading your address for some odd reason until a human in Golden goes 'nope'.

I did upgrade all my skills, always used the best ones for my characters and took advantage of bosses weaknesses, but still wouldn't get anywhere if I didn't grind a little. It's required to get the platinum trophy anyway, so I did it all during my Expert playthrough.

Yeah, I know I need to grind to lvl 99 at the end, but right now I even have all my characters equipped with Item Up (fortunate grassland, iirc) equipment because I'm more worried about getting rare drops than I am my levels. I figure I can equip my exp+ items at the end, because I'd rather grind for a fixed goal (experience) than rare drops in post game.

It's possible I just got luckier than you did with the attack cards I chose to upgrade... the +++/++++ system isn't exactly informative. Tiger/Phoenix form, for example, seem to be far more powerful than other similarly rated cards. I realize attack values depend greatly on stats, but I wish they did a better job of describing them.

Did you have to grind for any cards to get enough for the trophy at the end? Or did you get them naturally. Rare item drops are my most hated trophy type so I'm worried.

I'm also only doing one playthrough [on expert] if that changes anything.

ah! the 2K with all its upgrades is still solid!
what are you playing these days anyway! man I hope Kiwami comes out sooner :/

no luck with eBay or such?

I had no luck with Ebay :(

I was in the middle of a FF9 playthrough! luckily i have a habit of backing up my saves so i didn't lose the save. I was going to continue the game on PS3 but it doesn't look great on my TV so i guess i have to wait until my vita comes to continue playing it!

Yikes. That shouldn't be happening multiple times. Once could be a glitch. If you don't already, I'd suggest you start using your full zip code + 4... that might help? I'd also call my postal office and explain the issue just to see if they can eyeball whatever is causing the problem. I mean, it could just be terrible employees, but so much of the service is automated now it seems like the machines might be misreading your address for some odd reason until a human in Golden goes 'nope'.

For sure. I plan to once I get it. Right now I didn't want to preemptively confuse them even more. These are the first USPS packages I've gotten since moving to this apt complex (one zipcode digit over), so it's the first time I'm seeing tracking info on mail outside of UPS/FedEx for here.

I figure it's the automation myself... old school > new school, even if it's slower and can handle less. I'll probably just need to update my address on everything once I find out what the problem is.

Just like the brazilian postal service lol. My HRAP v4 did the same kind of travelling last year.

Yeah, I figure it's a lot worse for people who've been dealing with international stuff elsewhere for years. I can't complain too much, but I swear I feel like I've been on the phone trying to get something like this sorted out every other day for the last 2-3 months.

pariah164

To those in VitaGAF who've played New Little King's Story, how is it? I keep hearing it's decent and am told 'it's like Pikmin', but I've never played Pikmin, so that tells me nothing.

VLiberty

Didn't know Unmechanical Extended is out next week:

Never picked it up on Steam, always thought it looked cool, and forgot about the Vita version tbh.

This game went from "canceled" to "will release x months later as long as it doesn't bomb" to "will release next week alongside all the other platforms" in the span of a month

SerTapTap

This IFI steam stuff kinda bugs me. I want the LE swag but would prefer to play on PC if it's a solid port, at least for the Vita games. I guess at least this way I have a physical copy too

Ps store lists the combined siZe of a game for ps4+ps3+psv instead of each version.

Oh, brilliant, I thought it was supposed to be the platform you were looking at, since each platform still has a separate entry even for crossbuy

Producer

This IFI steam stuff kinda bugs me. I want the LE swag but would prefer to play on PC if it's a solid port, at least for the Vita games. I guess at least this way I have a physical copy too

i find the LE to be pretty barebones anyways. but a physical copy is always good.

Top Bottom