• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

its a shame we're getting it digital only. i really liked the box art (not that we would have gotten that one anyways lol)

I'm just glad that we are getting it period aha. My hype for it has deflated considerably though, it's been so long since they have given us any kind of updates... Plus impressions from Japan didn't seem to be too positive (but the same could be said about Freedom Wars, and that game was pretty good, at least until the campaign was finished). I don't know, there are just so many games coming out this year that I can't keep up anymore. I feel like a game truly needs to be special for me to even consider buying it to put all others in my backlog.

antibolo

Banned
Is Oreshika confirmed to be digital-only? I didn't know that. Not that I really care though. But I guess this means Freedom Wars will be the final first party game to get a retail release, ever.

Producer

I'm just glad that we are getting it period aha. My hype for it has deflated considerably though, it's been so long since they have given us any kind of updates... Plus impressions from Japan didn't seem to be too positive (but the same could be said about Freedom Wars, and that game was pretty good, at least until the campaign was finished). I don't know, there are just so many games coming out this year that I can't keep up anymore. I feel like a game truly needs to be special for me to even consider buying it to put all others in my backlog.

yeah, my excitement went down too since its been so long and other awesome games got announced since the localization announcement.

The negative reception from what i remember was the storyline and i think some broken bosses or something like that? I think it was Parakeetman who said the most major issues got patched. In any case there is a demo up on jp psn to try out. It looks really good and the ancestor mechanic is neat.

Is Oreshika confirmed to be digital-only? I didn't know that. Not that I really care though. But I guess this means Freedom Wars will be the final first party game to get a retail release, ever.

AFAIK basically nothing related to the game's release is confirmed. It's actually pretty bizarre.

Producer

AFAIK basically nothing related to the game's release is confirmed. It's actually pretty bizarre.

i remember some article saying it was digital only in Europe ? It was months ago. We need some news on this already.

Maid

Banned
yeah, my excitement went down too since its been so long and other awesome games got announced since the localization announcement.

The negative reception from what i remember was the storyline and i think some broken bosses or something like that? I think it was Parakeetman who said the most major issues got patched. In any case there is a demo up on jp psn to try out. It looks really good and the ancestor mechanic is neat.

The negative mostly came from people who already played first game, and considering this one was aiming for the existing fanbase, it's not surprising you would hear about it a lot. Mostly because from the previous game it's about your lineage in the focus, but this game has a goddess (Nueko, is it?) in the main focus and everything revolve around her instead, hence the complaining. I have a feeling we won't have the same problem as the Japanese.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Since folks will not have played the original in the US the whole issue with Nueko should be pretty non issue.

It just will be weird for some things with characters who appear as they were tied into the first title.

Though folks will kinda complain about how some things with the dungeons are not explained.

How many items do you guys have in your download list on ps3 now?

I realized tonight that mine was 998 and thats kind of gross. And crazy because I will never find the stuff at the bottom of that list again.

I will probably kill someone if they don't announce it on that event.

NISA will bring it, I am sure of it. Just like I am sure that Bamco is going to bring GE2, and like Chunsoft is going to announce the release for the 3rd and final iteration of Virtue's Last Reward.
Fuck.

antibolo

Banned
How many items do you guys have in your download list on ps3 now?

I realized tonight that mine was 998 and thats kind of gross. And crazy because I will never find the stuff at the bottom of that list again.

I'm at around 1900 right now. Owned a PS3 since 2008 (also have a PSP and a Vita which are also part of that list).

Redownloading delisted games is a pain.

Vylash

went to go look up reviews for That Game out of curiosity, and they're just what i expected

jqHihklLmzShC.jpg

jikkunXnLMIQO.jpg

jcqQ6tEOwtpCz.jpg

ibmarGLEdthVYN.gif

VLiberty

So, no Unmechanical this week... well it was too strange to be true. btw my backlog is huge and I'm barely playing these days, so I'm fine as long as it releases.

Aren't the Vita versions ports of the 3DS version which are ports of the DS version?

Some are DS ports, some are native 3DS games. It doesn't matter though, the real problem is the developer, TT Fusion is not good.(or maybe they just don't get enough budget)

Lego City Undercover spin off was open world and 3DS exclusive and still it was a POS.

The PSP Lego games are direct ports of the PS2 versions (and they are great games :D).....so they are great times :).

Star Wars 2, Batman 1 and Indiana Jones 1 are PS2 ports, from Indiana Jones 2 onwards they're all DS ports.

Bowl0l

Is PS Now app automatically added to download list?
I did not 'buy' it, so why is it in my download list?

Is there a glitch with the PSN store?
I have the Season pass for Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.
I bought Twisted Gears Pack and received a Gmail receipt but it is not in my download list...

Playing Parasite Eve Third Birthday on Vita, it still impresses to this day. Quite a sight to behold with excellent production all around. I can only dream what that Square Enix could do with the Vita hardware.

Shame we will never see that!

Tizoc

Playing Parasite Eve Third Birthday on Vita, it still impresses to this day. Quite a sight to behold with excellent production all around. I can only dream what that Square Enix could do with the Vita hardware.

Shame we will never see that!

Uhhh
airg11cggfzb70b43kfo.jpg

We're getting a new SaGa game for Vita

quabba

Well i finished Ys Oath this morning. That was a good little game. Had its frustrating moment with platforming but overall I enjoyed it.

I already have ys seven ready to load onto the Vita but I might wait a while so I dont get burnt out on them. I think im almost finished child of light too so after that maybe itll be time for danganronpa 2... Ive been feeling the itch of despair lately

unfortunately Majoras Mask is going to destroy this plan...

Oh yeah thanks for recommending ys and danganronpa! Wouldnt have tried them without vitagaf

Tizoc

Well i finished Ys Oath this morning. That was a good little game. Had its frustrating moment with platforming but overall I enjoyed it.

I already have ys seven ready to load onto the Vita but I might wait a while so I dont get burnt out on them. I think im almost finished child of light too so after that maybe itll be time for danganronpa 2... Ive been feeling the itch of despair lately

unfortunately Majoras Mask is going to destroy this plan...

Oh yeah thanks for recommending ys and danganronpa! Wouldnt have tried them without vitagaf

latest

VLiberty

Just made a recap of what I'll play on Vita. It would have been better if I hadn't, now I am completely discouraged because I know I'll never even play a quarter of those

Games I own:
21 games in my backlog + Velocity 2x dlcs, plus 4 racing games I need to dig into.

Released games wishlist:
13 high priority games
10 low priority games
(and Gravity Rush dlcs)

Upcoming games wishlist:
33 (holy shit)

SerTapTap

Awesome, I'm hoping Danganronpa:Another gets localized.

They'd be nuts not to. I'm still amazed how localizations are treated like year-later, maybe it'll happen things, even with series that have been successful in the west and localized multiple times.

Of all things people could and should complain about this game lol... Oh well.

The censorship is pretty stupid, only question is whether NISA or ESRB decided on what exactly would be done. It's been obvious people were pissed since the beginning. Either by choice or bad luck, NISA has a strong reputation for censoring when Xseed (probably the most comparable in terms of racy stuff) has almost never, that I'm aware

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
The censorship is pretty stupid, only question is whether NISA or ESRB decided on what exactly would be done. It's been obvious people were pissed since the beginning. Either by choice or bad luck, NISA has a strong reputation for censoring when Xseed (probably the most comparable in terms of racy stuff) has almost never, that I'm aware
It was rated 18 by PEGI, and no one other NISA or XSEED game got that rating (16 in Germany though, and they didn't even release it in Australia)... so I guess it was really pushing the rating boards here.

[update: Way of the Samurai 4 was apparently rated 18, and that was both a NISA and XSEED game, so it's the second]

pariah164

The censorship is not even that bad. People are making mountains out of molehills. Is censorship bad? Yes. In this case, is the censorship really that bad? Not at all.

SerTapTap

Ugh, I tried replacing a DS4's analogs with Xbone sticks and much to my dismay the DS4 uses the same awful trigger springs from the DS3 that NEVER sit right after being opened. Is there a simple guide to positioning these when I close the controller back up? The guide I used helpfully noted they commonly fall out without saying how to properly put them back in. The triggers work but they're not quite springing back up right.

The censorship is not even that bad. People are making mountains out of molehills. Is censorship bad? Yes. In this case, is the censorship really that bad? Not at all.

Censorship being insignificant simply makes it worse in a different way, because instead of being major but understandable it's absurd.

Sitrus

Since folks will not have played the original in the US the whole issue with Nueko should be pretty non issue.

It just will be weird for some things with characters who appear as they were tied into the first title.

Though folks will kinda complain about how some things with the dungeons are not explained.

Though even I felt Nueko was a hindrance to my enjoyment of the game, even without having played the first one. After playing the first game these last weeks, I realized that I really prefer the game without her.

Vylash

NISA only censors in extreme conditions, people like to pretend that they do it for fun or something, they do it when the only alternative is an AO rating

NISA only censors in extreme conditions, people like to pretend that they do it for fun or something, they do it when the only alternative is an AO rating

Yup. I'm not big on censorship, either, but the reasoning here isn't as offensive as people like to think. This isn't the government censoring incriminating information, it's a video game company covering up a vagina.

SerTapTap

it's absolutely understandable. Do you even know what they censored?

It's pretty minor compared to what's left in, which makes it absurd. Wholesale removing them would make more sense not that I would agree with it any more. It's even more absurd than taking away Albedo's knife in Xenosaga while leaving in the part where his head comes off.

Yup. I'm not big on censorship, either, but the reasoning here isn't as offensive as people like to think. This isn't the government censoring incriminating information, it's a video game company covering up a vagina.

Showing an actual vagina in the JP version would be literally illegal regardless of rating, and that's not the case anyway from the scenes of the JP game (understandable since, as I said, straight up can't do that regardless of rating). I don't think any pervy Japanese (console) games even go so far as nipples, which do show up in Western games.

It's pretty minor compared to what's left in, which makes it absurd. Wholesale removing them would make more sense not that I would agree with it any more. It's even more absurd than taking away Albedo's knife in Xenosaga while leaving in the part where his head comes off.

You think cutting an integral piece of content makes more sense than covering up a young girl's sensitive bits?

Well whatever floats your boat.

Showing an actual vagina in the JP version would be literally illegal regardless of rating, and that's not the case anyway from the scenes of the JP game (understandable since, as I said, straight up can't do that regardless of rating). I don't think any pervy Japanese (console) games even go so far as nipples, which do show up in Western games.

The censorship covers their parts. there's no bare skin, but that's still what it does. The same way I cover my penis when I put on pants. There's still underwear there -- so it's not bare without pants -- but that's still something the pants do.

Producer

i hate censorship, but im notgonna go around giving 1 star ratings and shit lol . just dont buy the products, probably send them an email/msg saying why you didnt buy it idk. Not that it would change their mind.
Censorship is only one of the dumb things they do to their products.

SerTapTap

Hm, I don't think the issue with my DS4 was with the spring, the little rubber dome that R2 actually actuates was loose and I just had to slip it back snug, seems fine now. Not sure I prefer the Xbone sticks yet (I thought they'd be wider, like the ones on my transforming d pad 360 controller) but we'll see. Had to do something as the left stick was getting a bit slippery for some reason. Not tearing, just slippery.

You think cutting an integral piece of content makes more sense than covering up a young girl's sensitive bits?

Well whatever floats your boat.

As far as actual censorship is concerned, yes, because it would...actually censor something, instead of barely obscuring it.

I suppose it's pointless to argue, my stance on censorship is always just going to be "no". If the original content were hateful etc covering it up doesn't do a bit of good anyway.

RK128

Just made a recap of what I'll play on Vita. It would have been better if I hadn't, now I am completely discouraged because I know I'll never even play a quarter of those

Games I own:
21 games in my backlog + Velocity 2x dlcs, plus 4 racing games I need to dig into.

Released games wishlist:
13 high priority games
10 low priority games
(and Gravity Rush dlcs)

Upcoming games wishlist:
33 (holy shit)

You think THATS bad? I own over 180+ games for my Vita and I only beat around 30 of them XD!

The stuff I want to beat this month includes the following:
-Kick and Fennick (about half-way through now....so it shouldn't take that long)
-Bending of Issac Rebirth (just fully beating one run....died so many times in the game X()
-Sly 2 Vita (only have 2-3 more worlds left)
-Rouge Legacy (I think I can do this :); the game is a lot more fair with its rogue-like mechanics then BoI and Splunky are to me personally)
-Ape Escape PSP
-Daxter
-Mega Man X4 (Zero run)
-Spyro 1
-Crash 1
-Klona: Door to Phantomile

Doesn't sound that bad....though I am going to be distracted by Majora's Mask 3D next week.....so, I really hope I get through all these games this month XD!.

Good luck clearing your backlog man :).

yes my vita arrived!

Congrats man :D! Hope you enjoy the Lego games and playing the Vita once more :). Again, I'm sorry your Vita 1000 broke :(. But at least enjoy the new features the 2000 model provides (better battery life, better start/select buttons, smaller rear-touch pad, bigger grips on the back, ect) :D!

Regarding the game that shall not be named censorship.....I think removing that gameplay mechanic might of been a better option on a gameplay level :l. I do NOT like censorship (as it removes elements of art and games are art after all :D), but in this case, it might of made the game better; replace that 'motivate' mechanic with a Persona-esc SL one where you talk to your party and get close with them. That seems like a much more realistic way to make your party respect you as leader instead of.....what the core game does to them :l.

I don't know, I think the game looks okay and have no interest in picking it up, but from just seeing some gameplay of it online, that is my thoughts on the matter :). Hope that the people who got the game enjoy it through :D; the core combat system seems to be very interesting I think.

Top Bottom