• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

autoduelist

You mean AllGaf. I'm pretty sure Rogue Legacy hype isn't just from Vita users, but PS4 ones also. The only thing I remember is that people keep saying it's better on Vita.

Rogue Legacy was getting hyped before PS4/Vita versions were even announced, iirc. I remember it was always in peoples lists of 'Steam indies I want to see on Vita'.

EDIT: Oh crap. Top of page.
Demon Gaze for some DRPG goodness. Natural Doctrine if you want a very different take on a srpg.
and... let's go with Gladiator Begins (psp) for a solid gladiator game, and Eye of Judgement PSP for a solid CCG that is far superior to it's ps3 counterpart because you don't need the camera gimmick.

Yasumi

Banned
You mean AllGaf. I'm pretty sure Rogue Legacy hype isn't just from Vita users, but PS4 ones also. The only thing I remember is that people keep saying it's better on Vita.
PCGAF especially. It was like the big thing for a while. VitaGAF really had nothing to do with the hype.

Producer

I wasnt so much talking about Rogue Legacy specifically as i was talking about other games that i feel are overhyped (imo of course).

I've seen people be disappointed with certain games like GR and DR2 because they 'fell into the hype'. I'm just saying keep expectations in check for games, research it before dropping your cash on it. Not directed at you but just saying generally.

Tohsaka

Is it worth getting a Playstation TV if I already have a Vita?

It's $60 at RadioShack.

I haven't used my Vita since the PS TV came out. Every game that's been released since then that I've been interested in has been compatible, and a lot of the games I already had are as well. The whitelist situation is dumb, but I vastly prefer playing Vita games on my TV if I have the choice.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Simply put about hype if someone is obviously tripping over their own dick about a title dont bother listening to them. Even more so when someone is totally oblivious to the obvious flaws a title has yet ignores them as WELL I LIEKD TEH GAEM SO ITS OK~ LULZ U BUY 2 KK!

Simply put about hype if someone is obviously tripping over their own dick about a title dont bother listening to them. Even more so when someone is totally oblivious to the obvious flaws a title has yet ignores them as WELL I LIEKD TEH GAEM SO ITS OK~ LULZ U BUY 2 KK!

In this day and age with so many games coming out I feel like as a core gamer, you must do a bit of research before you jump on others' suggestions based on hype. Sure listen to others' opinions, but don't go buy a game just to not like it and blame those who do. Do your research, watch videos AND THEN, if you are on the fence, read opinions.

I've seen people here say that they didn't think that DR/DR2 weren't anything special, while others think it's one of the greatest adventure games ever. Some of us like the "new-school" Persona games, while other don't and prefer the "old-school" ones. Some love Senran Kagura, others don't. Everyone has different tastes, and when people like something, they make it look like a sea of roses, it's what we do.

Be smart about your money people! Or at least, try to, without blaming others' excitement :p

Is it worth getting a Playstation TV if I already have a Vita?

It's $60 at RadioShack.

Here are my impressions from the PSTV thread.

The system has a lot of just straight up weird issues, but that hasn't kept it from being my primary console this week. I picked mine up at the $60 from Best Buy.

Oddly enough, I think the PSTV makes an excellent companion to the Vita if you already own one.

Maid

Banned
I wasnt so much talking about Rogue Legacy specifically as i was talking about other games that i feel are overhyped (imo of course).

I've seen people be disappointed with certain games like GR and DR2 because they 'fell into the hype'. I'm just saying keep expectations in check for games, research it before dropping your cash on it. Not directed at you but just saying generally.

I see your point. I still don't understand people who are buying game just because others tell them they should without any single researching. Danganronpa, I can understand, though. It's hard to describe the game since the enjoyment is subjective level while it's dangerous to find info about the game on your own.

Hype is ok when it's fun and all, but when you are starting to feel regret about it, then it's time to stop hyping.

I never played nfs most wanted on vita but thanks to ea giving it away I decided to play it

But something strange happened.

I had 6000 points last night but when I connected to my wifi this morning I ended up with 200000 points

is this game cross save?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I never played nfs most wanted on vita but thanks to ea giving it away I decided to play it

But something strange happened.

I had 6000 points last night but when I connected to my wifi this morning I ended up with 200000 points

is this game cross save?
Yeah it's really annoying to be honest. It's not cross save but points you earn are and it's done automatically. So you have all the points you earned on the PS3 version but you'll still need to beat races, find cars etc. It's really just that you have access to all the most wanted races from he start. Kinda shitty since I wanted to start from scratch.

AsfaeksBR

My brother is going to Paraguay (really cheap electronics compared to Brazil) and I'm thinking of asking him to bring a PlayStation TV.
Questions:

- Can I use it to Stream games from the PS4 (in my brother's room) to my TV (in my room) via PSTV?

- Can I use it to play PS Vita games that I got from Plus? I'd really like to play Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush.

- I already have the PS3 in my room, but does The PSTV stream via PSNow?

- Is it worth it?

Thanks!

Massa

My brother is going to Paraguay (really cheap electronics compared to Brazil) and I'm thinking of asking him to bring a PlayStation TV.
Questions:

- Can I use it to Stream games from the PS4 (in my brother's room) to my TV (in my room) via PSTV?

- Can I use it to play PS Vita games that I got from Plus? I'd really like to play Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush.

- I already have the PS3 in my room, but does The PSTV stream via PSNow?

- Is it worth it?

Thanks!

1. Yes.

2. Those two games are unfortunately not compatible, as they use the touch screen functionality. See here for a full list.

3. Yes, though PS Now doesn't work in Brazil.

4. If you're aware of its limitations (no Netflix and limited compatibility with Vita software), sure. I'd consider getting a real Vita first.

AsfaeksBR

1. Yes.

2. Those two games are unfortunately not compatible, as they use the touch screen functionality. See here for a full list.

3. Yes, though PS Now doesn't work in Brazil.

4. If you're aware of its limitations (no Netflix and limited compatibility with Vita software), sure. I'd consider getting a real Vita first.

2. Damn, even if I plug in a Dualshock 4 it won't work? That's sad.

3. Well, I have an US account so it works.

4. If it streams the PS4, it's already a winner for me. And it runs Persona 4 Golden, which I always hard good things.

Last question: Do I need to get an external SD Card? If so, does it have to be a Playstation branded one, or anyone works?

ryseing

4. If it streams the PS4, it's already a winner for me. And it runs Persona 4 Golden, which I always hard good things.

Last question: Do I need to get an external SD Card? If so, does it have to be a Playstation branded one, or anyone works?

PSTV uses the Vita memory sticks. I'd recommend getting an 8/16 GB- depends how much native stuff you're going to play.

Edit: Beaten

VLiberty

PCGAF especially. It was like the big thing for a while. VitaGAF really had nothing to do with the hype.

The posters that voted in the Steam Game of the Year 2013 thread named Rogue Legacy as the game on that platform in that year.
Exactly. Vitagaf is no worse than the rest of gaf. We're already frowned upon in the rest of gaf for this reason (while imo it's not true at all as every part of GAF tends to do this), let's not feed this false rumours ourselves.

Rogue Legacy might not be for everyone but I don't know how anybody can say it is a bad game. Hopefully people can become mature enough to recognize when a game is just not for them but they could see other people liking it. I don't judge games in genre I don't like. As a fan of true rogue games Rogue Legacy is one of my favorites of all time.

RK128

Rogue Legacy might not be for everyone but I don't know how anybody can say it is a bad game. Hopefully people can become mature enough to recognize when a game is just not for them but they could see other people liking it. I don't judge games in genre I don't like. As a fan of true rogue games Rogue Legacy is one of my favorites of all time.

I never said that the game is bad....I just find it a bit hard to appreciate that's all :(. I will say that the story behind the game is interesting, the rogue-like mechanics are very well done (they are a lot more fair then other rogue-likes to me; when you die it feels like losing life instead of losing entire progress) and the presentation is great :D.

I am getting it more, but it is just hard to get into; like you said, it is a game that isn't for everyone.

newjeruse

I'm having issues going back and forth between Rogue Legacy on PS4 and Vita. When I press "Cross sync now" on the PS4 version of the game, the Vita version is not updating to my current progress. When I press the same prompt in the Vita version, nothing happens. Suggestions?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I never said that the game is bad....I just find it a bit hard to appreciate that's all :(. I will say that the story behind the game is interesting, the rogue-like mechanics are very well done (they are a lot more fair then other rogue-likes to me; when you die it feels like losing life instead of losing entire progress) and the presentation is great :D.

I am getting it more, but it is just hard to get into; like you said, it is a game that isn't for everyone.
Oh hell no. Not in a million years is Rogue Legacy more fair than other roguelikes. It's significantly less fair because the reason you die is usually because your stats are too low. A game like Spelunky is infinitely more fair because it's based purely on learning the mechanics and having the skill to get through. You might lose all progress when you die but with every death you learn how to do better. It's fair. All the skill in the world isn't going to help you in Rogue Lecacy if your stats are shit. That's significantly less fair to me. Perhaps more forgiving is the word you're looking for?

Maid

Banned
Transistor is a pretty cool game. The aesthetic didn't click with me, but the atmosphere, gameplay mechanic and music are quite great. This month's IGC is good and all.

Hikami

Has anyone played Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy?

Almost done with Demon Gaze and I kinda don't want it to end, lol. Really enjoying the game. Was hoping that other upcoming DRPG was similar.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Has anyone played Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy?

Almost done with Demon Gaze and I kinda don't want it to end, lol. Really enjoying the game. Was hoping that other upcoming DRPG was similar.

For the most part its similar, though how you go about getting items is different as its just from normal enemy drops as there is no circle system. Weapons are made from parts / resources found in the dungeon or brought back and unidentified. Same goes for upgrading weapons.

Gameplay for the most part is the same, but the game is not as story heavy as Demon Gaze for example.

But if you want a similar dungeon crawler it most def is a title worth picking up. Just dont expect it to be exactly Demon Gaze and you should have a good time with it.

Import OT

I thought I would post this here since the PSTV thread doesn't see as much traffic.

I got the InPin PS2 to PS3 controller adapter working with the PSTV this morning. PSP & Vita games on an arcade stick. Oh yes.

Hikami

For the most part its similar, though how you go about getting items is different as its just from normal enemy drops as there is no circle system. Weapons are made from parts / resources found in the dungeon or brought back and unidentified. Same goes for upgrading weapons.

Gameplay for the most part is the same, but the game is not as story heavy as Demon Gaze for example.

But if you want a similar dungeon crawler it most def is a title worth picking up. Just dont expect it to be exactly Demon Gaze and you should have a good time with it.

Import OT
I see, well that's a tough one then. Reason I'm enjoying Demon Gaze so much as opposed to like, Etrian Odyssey, is because it's more story heavy.

VLiberty

So Cel Damage hd... Yay or nay? Does it have a campaign?

I need a good Jak X-like game on PS3 to play in split screen, if it has a campaign I'd play it on Vita too
It's 3€ on eu psn and I'd pay half of that since my brother is cofunding it

Does that mean a PS3 arcade stick would work? I have a TE.
Not necessarily. The InPin uses a chip that emulates the Dual Shock 3. Everything I plug it into thinks it is one (even my PS4). I assume that's the only reason it works. Your TE would have to do the same or be modded with an actual DS3 PCB to work.

bobawesome

So Cel Damage hd... Yay or nay? Does it have a campaign?

I need a good Jak X-like game on PS3 to play in split screen, if it has a campaign I'd play it on Vita too
It's 3€ on eu psn and I'd pay half of that since my brother is cofunding it

It may be worth it if you have a lot of nostalgia for the original, but as someone who played it for the first time when it was released, I thought it was an absolutely awful game.

I only played a few times with friends but from what I remember, there's no true single player mode but instead three match types. There are modes where you "race", collect flags, and hit each other with weapons.

Droppings

Edit: Probably just SSDU for me, especially if it comes with a PS+ discount.

Disgusting. I'll pass this week.

The posters that voted in the Steam Game of the Year 2013 thread named Rogue Legacy as the game on that platform in that year.

giphy.gif

autoduelist

I don't disagree with your general sentiment, but I don't really know that hype is the right word for this? Hype is usually reserved for pre-release nonsense, like the amount of hype Titanfall got before most people even played it, or that movies get before anyone's even seen it. It's all advertising dollars and such.

But, for example, a game like Danganronpa is well loved here. It gets tons of recommendations, so I took a chance on it. I disliked it. But I didn't fall into the hype... there just happens to be a lot of people that like VNs and I don't. Meanwhile, I am excited for Operation Abyss, but not because of the hype machine, but rather solid knowledge that I enjoyed another DRPG by the same team.

I don't think that I 'fell into the hype' for Danganronpa. I think enough people recommended it that I was willing to give it a shot. I didn't like it. So be it. Same for P4G. There's no way to avoid this -- if enough people I trust say something is good, I'll take a chance on it. I won't always agree.

Oh hell no. Not in a million years is Rogue Legacy more fair than other roguelikes. It's significantly less fair because the reason you die is usually because your stats are too low. A game like Spelunky is infinitely more fair because it's based purely on learning the mechanics and having the skill to get through. You might lose all progress when you die but with every death you learn how to do better. It's fair. All the skill in the world isn't going to help you in Rogue Lecacy if your stats are shit. That's significantly less fair to me. Perhaps more forgiving is the word you're looking for?

Nailed it.

AsfaeksBR

There's a 50/50 percent chance I'll get a PSTV this week.
So, in preparation, i'm doing a list of games I need to play.
Here's my list so far:

Note: I never owned a PSP/PSVita, and I missed quite a few PS1 classic because I was yound and didn't know how to read/speak English.

Any other recommendation?

Vylash

Here's my list so far:

Note: I never owned a PSP/PSVita, and I missed quite a few PS1 classic because I was yound and didn't know how to read/speak English.

Atelier Totori Plus/Meruru Plus/ Rorona Plus in that order

antibolo

Banned
Here's my list so far:

The PS1 version of Chrono Trigger is godawful, if you have a DS or 3DS get the DS version instead.

bobawesome

Here's my list so far:

If you end up enjoying Persona 4 Golden, pick up Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 3: Portable for the PSP. Corpse Party is also a neat horror visual novel for the PSP.

quabba

I'll take a look! Thanks.

I don't, actually. But why is it awful?

It introduced lots of loading times, if its your only option then youtube some video of it and make a decision. Its still a great game.

The ds version is often touted as a great port and best way to play the game.

Top Bottom