• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

autoduelist

There's a 50/50 percent chance I'll get a PSTV this week.
So, in preparation, i'm doing a list of games I need to play.
Here's my list so far:

Note: I never owned a PSP/PSVita, and I missed quite a few PS1 classic because I was yound and didn't know how to read/speak English.

Any other recommendation?

Your list shows a wide variety in taste, from jrpgs to vns to action games. There are dozens if not hundreds of solid games we could recommend to you since you're open to PSP and PS1 games. I don't even know where to start with recommendations. The PSP and PS1 libraries alone will keep you busy for years.

Some others to look into --

PS1 -- Arc the Lad series, Suikoden 1/2, Grandia, Vagrant Story, Front Mission 3, Wild Arms, Final Fantasy series

PSP -- jeanne d'arc, tactics ogre, valkria chronicles 2, ff tactics, ragnorok tactics, disgaea, final fantasy...

dozens and dozens more worth your time and money.

Re: Chrono Trigger -- it has load times in between battle scenes that drive some people crazy. I think it's still very playable, and it's well worth the experience. Sure, if you have another way to play it, go for it, but it's worth playing on your vita/psp/pstv if that's the only way to play it (like it is for me).

Massa

There's a 50/50 percent chance I'll get a PSTV this week.
So, in preparation, i'm doing a list of games I need to play.
Here's my list so far:

Note: I never owned a PSP/PSVita, and I missed quite a few PS1 classic because I was yound and didn't know how to read/speak English.

Any other recommendation?

BIT.TRIP Runner2
Castlestorm
Child of Light
Dead Nation
Don't Starve: Giant Edition
Fez
God of War Collection
Hotline Miami
Joe Danger
Luftrausers
Motorstorm RC
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
Plants vs Zombies
Rayman Origins
Rogue Legacy
Sly Cooper - Thieves in Time
Spelunky
TxK
Velocity Ultra (and its sequel, Velocity 2X)

AsfaeksBR

Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Does it run on PS TV? According to the Playstation Store (the "PS TV Compatible Games"), it doesn't.

If you end up enjoying Persona 4 Golden, pick up Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 3: Portable for the PSP. Corpse Party is also a neat horror visual novel for the PSP.

If I find the time for it, will do. But I always heard the gameplay in older Persona's are kinda crap compared to P4G.

It introduced lots of loading times, if its your only option then youtube some video of it and make a decision. Its still a great game.

The ds version is often touted as a great port and best way to play the game.

Just saw some videos... I think I can handle the loading screens, but the game just lost a few "positions" in my "to play" list.

Your list shows a wide variety in taste, from jrpgs to vns to action games. There are dozens if not hundreds of solid games we could recommend to you since you're open to PSP and PS1 games. I don't even know where to start with recommendations. The PSP and PS1 libraries alone will keep you busy for years.

Some others to look into --

PS1 -- Arc the Lad series, Suikoden 1/2, Grandia, Vagrant Story, Front Mission 3, Wild Arms, Final Fantasy series

PSP -- jeanne d'arc, tactics ogre, valkria chronicles 2, ff tactics, ragnorok tactics, disgaea, final fantasy...

dozens and dozens more worth your time and money.

Re: Chrono Trigger -- it has load times in between battle scenes that drive some people crazy. I think it's still very playable, and it's well worth the experience. Sure, if you have another way to play it, go for it, but it's worth playing on your vita/psp/pstv if that's the only way to play it (like it is for me).

Heard good things about Suidoken here on gaf, but it doesn't show on the "PS TV Compatible Games" list on the PS Store. Does it run?

BIT.TRIP Runner2
Castlestorm
Child of Light
Dead Nation
Don't Starve: Giant Edition
Fez
God of War Collection
Hotline Miami
Joe Danger
Luftrausers
Motorstorm RC
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
Plants vs Zombies
Rayman Origins
Rogue Legacy
Sly Cooper - Thieves in Time
Spelunky
TxK
Velocity Ultra (and its sequel, Velocity 2X)

Most of them I own on PC and played already. Even clocked 80hrs on Spelunky!

RK128

Oh hell no. Not in a million years is Rogue Legacy more fair than other roguelikes. It's significantly less fair because the reason you die is usually because your stats are too low. A game like Spelunky is infinitely more fair because it's based purely on learning the mechanics and having the skill to get through. You might lose all progress when you die but with every death you learn how to do better. It's fair. All the skill in the world isn't going to help you in Rogue Lecacy if your stats are shit. That's significantly less fair to me. Perhaps more forgiving is the word you're looking for?

I guess more forgiving it is then, sorry for the mistake :(.

VLiberty

It may be worth it if you have a lot of nostalgia for the original, but as someone who played it for the first time when it was released, I thought it was an absolutely awful game.

I only played a few times with friends but from what I remember, there's no true single player mode but instead three match types. There are modes where you "race", collect flags, and hit each other with weapons.

:(

I might still buy it because it's just 1,50€...but I'm so afraid of wasting money on PSN haha

Damn Sony why didn't you release Jak X HD. :(

autoduelist

Heard good things about Suidoken here on gaf, but it doesn't show on the "PS TV Compatible Games" list on the PS Store. Does it run?

I thought all ps1 games that work on vita worked on pstv? But i may be mistaken. I have a pstv but can't test right now, perhaps someone else can?

Chuy

I thought all ps1 games that work on vita worked on pstv? But i may be mistaken. I have a pstv but can't test right now, perhaps someone else can?
If i remember correctly there's a few that don't. Not 100% certain

Just tried fat princess for the lulz and didn't think i'd be enjoying this much honestly.

I just answered this question in another thread so it's fresh on my mind. There are 240 PS1 Classics on the NA PSN store. Only 20 are not Vita compatible at all. Of those 20, only about 10 or 12 actually matter: Crash and Spyro trilogies, Crash Team Racing, LoK: Blood Omen, and Bloody Roar 1 & 2 are the biggies. Otherwise they all work.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone having issues with cross-save on Rogue Legacy? The "saving" gear never goes away on the PS3/Vita versions, and cross-save seemingly isn't working. Turning off the auto-sync for cross-saving does nothing, and when I exit the game on PS3 my system triple beeps and then returns to the XMB. Really, really annoying.

Vylash

Graduation party weekend is over, I'm back.

B9LedliCQAAW4IM.jpg:large

Yeah a lot of games don't show up on the PSTV store but you can find them by search or your download list. I claim no responsibility if you buy the game and that doesn't work. There is no logic to what works on PSTV.

bobawesome

:(

I might still buy it because it's just 1,50€...but I'm so afraid of wasting money on PSN haha

Damn Sony why didn't you release Jak X HD. :(

Well, for that price it certainly couldn't hurt to try it out! I just couldn't let you pay full price without speaking up, haha.

Anyone having issues with cross-save on Rogue Legacy? The "saving" gear never goes away on the PS3/Vita versions, and cross-save seemingly isn't working. Turning off the auto-sync for cross-saving does nothing, and when I exit the game on PS3 my system triple beeps and then returns to the XMB. Really, really annoying.

I haven't played it since the first month it was out on PSN, and I just went to play it now on Vita. Same problem. The gear is in the top right forever.

autoduelist

Welp, I just swung by to ask about that damn gear in the top corner, seems many are having the same issue. It actually locked up on me at the very start, too -- gear flashing, character/rain frozen. I could still hit triangle to get to the main menu, so i deleted my profile (have never played) and started fresh.

Gear flashed throughout my first playthrough. Gonna go airplane mode and see how that works, but...

deadfolk

Why, oh why won't this P3P nightmare end??!???

70+ hours. If I don't finish it before my N3DSXL comes on Friday, I don't see it happening.

Hopefully, I'll get it done tonight.

I am also having that problem, my local PS3 save is fine it seems but cross save broke yesterday and that damn gear won't stop spinning and I can't download cross-save data to my Vita now..

bobawesome

70+ hours. If I don't finish it before my N3DSXL comes on Friday, I don't see it happening.

Is Tartarus what's giving you the most trouble in regards to it being a "nightmare"? There are
262-265
floors. The end may be closer (or further) than you think.

deadfolk

Is Tartarus what's giving you the most trouble in regards to it being a "nightmare"? There are
262-265
floors. The end may be closer (or further) than you think.

It's basically that
every time I get to the end of the current block, within a couple of days I get a call saying that there are more people missing and I have to go back in. The last time, there were 2/3 people, in a range of around 25 floors I had to check. And about every third floor is a blind one. It's just taking ages. I think I'm nearly there. I got to the new top on the first day in Jan when you can go, and I'm just waiting for the fight(s) on 31st. Unless more idiots end up lost in Tartarus

I'm terrified of being underleved for the final showdown, so I'm grinding probably too much. If I can't beat the final boss(es), I can't see myself going back to grind more, so I'm being over-cautious.

Those
blind levels
are really poor game design, imo.
They just make it more frustrating and slow everything down. It's not more fun/challenging, it's just annoying.

Why did you click this bit? There's nothing to see here.

Or here.

Vylash

It's basically that
every time I get to the end of the current block, within a couple of days I get a call saying that there are more people missing and I have to go back in. The last time, there were 2/3 people, in a range of around 25 floors I had to check. And about every third floor is a blind one. It's just taking ages. I think I'm nearly there. I got to the new top on the first day in Jan when you can go, and I'm just waiting for the fight(s) on 31st. Unless more idiots end up lost in Tartarus

I'm terrified of being underleved for the final showdown, so I'm grinding probably too much. If I can't beat the final boss(es), I can't see myself going back to grind more, so I'm being over-cautious.

Those
blind levels
are really poor game design, imo.
They just make it more frustrating and slow everything down. It's not more fun/challenging, it's just annoying.

Why did you click this bit? There's nothing to see here.

Or here.
you don't need to grind in Persona

Ikon

Figured I might ask this here since Rogue Legacy is a part of this month's PS+ games:

I can't get cross save syncing to work properly. I started playing on PS4 and when I switched to Vita I got a prompt allowing me to sync but now that I want to switch back I don't get anything. The cog wheel on the start screen never stops spinning though... Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

danowat

Banned
Figured I might ask this here since Rogue Legacy is a part of this month's PS+ games:

I can't get cross save syncing to work properly. I started playing on PS4 and when I switched to Vita I got a prompt allowing me to sync but now that I want to switch back I don't get anything. The cog wheel on the start screen never stops spinning though... Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

I get the same issue, can't help with a solution though I am afraid.

Just a little heads up, I finally just got one of these things: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Y3L5RI/?tag=neogaf0e-20 and I recommend it for every OLED Vita 1000 owner! I had this kind of thing working with a DIY cable but it basically allows you to charge the Vita while it's on from any kind of USB outlet, no more I have to power down the Vita to charge it or look for a actual wall outlet, I can just plug it into my PC or laptop and play on :D

The downside is, while the adapter is connected you won't be able to do any USB data-transfers but that's not a huge issue with WiFi transferring or you can just unplug the adapter for a minute :p

Also a random question, I heard that any kind of OLED screen will eventually die with the red color "rotting away" first, is this really true? I don't notice anything yet but considering I have a launch-day model I'm worried :/

SerTapTap

Finished Dangan Ronpa, #2 should arrive in a few days. Not a big fan of VNs but after this and Ghost Trick (not entirely a VN but close I guess) I might have to check out more mystery VNs. Also Dangan Ronpa is stylish as fuck, glad it seems to be sucessful.

Also finished Neptunia Rebirth 2's true ending, loved the main game, but they really need to fix New Game Plus...almost all games do, really. All the fights are a breeze, the humor is all the same so no point in reading, and the kicker is you still have to slowly unlock all areas/characters again. I wish they'd either fix NG+ or stop making it a necessity for some unlocks.

Also damn, 2D games look so great on PS TV. You'd never known Dangan Ronpa weren't native other than the aliasing in the 3D stuff and that's not a very important part of the game anyway.

Omerta

Just a little heads up, I finally just got one of these things: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Y3L5RI/?tag=neogaf0e-20 and I recommend it for every OLED Vita 1000 owner! I had this kind of thing working with a DIY cable but it basically allows you to charge the Vita while it's on from any kind of USB outlet, no more I have to power down the Vita to charge it or look for a actual wall outlet, I can just plug it into my PC or laptop and play on :D

The downside is, while the adapter is connected you won't be able to do any USB data-transfers but that's not a huge issue with WiFi transferring or you can just unplug the adapter for a minute :p

Yeah, I'll back this up... I've had one of these for over a year and it's been attached to the charging cable ever since.

I've left the charging brick in a drawer for the whole time too... It's left it redundant.

I travel a lot for work and it means I pack less. I've got one usb plug with two outlets; one for my phone and the other for the vita. Easy peasy.

SerTapTap

Yeah, I'll back this up... I've had one of these for over a year and it's been attached to the charging cable ever since.

I've left the charging brick in a drawer for the whole time too... It's left it redundant.

I travel a lot for work and it means I pack less. I've got one usb plug with two outlets; one for my phone and the other for the vita. Easy peasy.

Does this charge faster or something? Best I can tell it does charge over any USB, just very slowly. Seems weird such a little, unpowered dongle would somehow make it charge faster

Interesting. I shelled out $20 for this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-power-kit-for-ps-vita-and-psp/3622056.p?id=1219092580389

Yeah it saves me having an extra cord in my bag when I travel so I can charge my phone. I could even use it for PSP if I wanted to actually take that.

Does this charge faster or something? Best I can tell it does charge over any USB, just very slowly. Seems weird such a little, unpowered dongle would somehow make it charge faster

Hmm it's a bit weird, let me explain this. The Vita indeed charges regularily over USB but slowly as you mentioned and you might have also noticed that, when you plug the Vita into its wall charger there's a little lightning animation inside the battery. This doesn't happen over a regular USB connection.

The thing is, USB ports have standardized power states and most of the time USB devices trigger the low power state as a precaution when there's a data connection to avoid data corruption. (I think this is the reason) Other than that a USB port in high power state is actually quite enough to charge the Vita normally while it's running so this dongle simply duds the USB data connection making the USB port jump to high power state and thus effectively charging the Vita.

Omerta

I've never tested it out but anecdotally, my vita charges in about 2 hours from empty to full using an iPhone charger, this little gadget and the usb lead.

I've never tested it out but anecdotally, my vita charges in about 2 hours from empty to full using an iPhone charger, this little gadget and the usb lead.

Yeah, normally the Vita wouldn't even work with another charger other than the official Sony one since most don't cut the data connection.

Interesting. I shelled out $20 for this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-power-kit-for-ps-vita-and-psp/3622056.p?id=1219092580389

Yeah it saves me having an extra cord in my bag when I travel so I can charge my phone. I could even use it for PSP if I wanted to actually take that.

And it seems this combo does the same, honestly I think Sony could have saved us alot of trouble if they would have gave us a software based data connection toggle but being honest I'm not entirely sure if this is actually possibly by software alone.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I see, well that's a tough one then. Reason I'm enjoying Demon Gaze so much as opposed to like, Etrian Odyssey, is because it's more story heavy.

There is a story, but its not as built up as Demon Gaze reason being is that its a remake of their original title that was not exactly too story heavy.

If you are waiting for something a bit more story heavy then most def pray that Stranger of Sword City comes out. Since do not think anyone will be bringing Students of Round over as that was their other narrative heavy title.

Dawg

For some reason, sign in keeps failing on the Playstation web store :/

Looked up the problem... no solution to be found... >.<

RK128

Where are you level wise? If you are 60-70 over, you are more then ready for the final boss :). Just....be sure to have strong party; my party for the big final boss was the MC, Aigis (mainly for party buffs), Aki for de-buffs for the foes, and either Yukari or Ken for healing. The fight is LONG (13 rounds X() and I remember the fight taking me at least a full hour. But once you listen to the tune of the fight, it is a blast to pull off :D.

Just make sure you have lots of healing items, have a strong line-up of Persona's for your MC and that everyone has the best gear. Hope this helps :).

RK128

Graduation party weekend is over, I'm back.

Congratulations Shizuka :D! You should be proud of yourself :); whenever it is high school or college, it is hard work and the pay off when you finish either one is so satisfying :'). Hope you had a great party :D.

deadfolk

Where are you level wise? If you are 60-70 over, you are more then ready for the final boss :). Just....be sure to have strong party; my party for the big final boss was the MC, Aigis (mainly for party buffs), Aki for de-buffs for the foes, and either Yukari or Ken for healing. The fight is LONG (13 rounds X() and I remember the fight taking me at least a full hour. But once you listen to the tune of the fight, it is a blast to pull off :D.

Just make sure you have lots of healing items, have a strong line-up of Persona's for your MC and that everyone has the best gear. Hope this helps :).

Thanks! My MC is lvl 81 and all other chars are 65+, with most over 70. I have a good spread of personas (personae?) to cover all types of offensive spell (agi/garu/bufu/zio/hama/mudo/whateverthealimightyoneiscalled) and buffs/debuffs/heals. I'm stocked up on heal/buff/sp items and homunculi.

I guess I'm set.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Top Bottom