• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Hmm, I'll try.

Wait, that won't work because I've just tried IE and I get the same error. Gave my info to a friend and he could log in so it's definitely a problem on my end :(

Hmm can you sign in with your account on a actual Playstation 3/4/Vita on your current network? :eek:

"Sign in failed."

Oh dear that's as generic as it gets alright but based on the post above it might be a localized issue with the store itself :/

Still here's a shot in the dark that will most likely not help but a try can't hurt either:

Open a admin CMD in Windows and type:

ipconfig /flushdns

then press enter, restart your browser and try again. This will basically reset your internet cache for webpage IP addresses, maybe your Windows has trouble connecting to the login server or similar.

Dawg

Oh dear that's as generic as it gets alright but based on the post above it might be a localized issue with the store itself :/

Still here's a shot in the dark that will most likely not help but a try can't hurt either:

Open a admin CMD in Windows and type:

ipconfig /flushdns

then press enter, restart your browser and try again. This will basically reset your internet cache for webpage IP addresses, maybe your Windows has trouble connecting to the login server or similar.

Didn't work :[

Flandy

So it looks like Best Buy removed their Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus listing. Glad I bought it w/ GCU while I had the chance last month

SerTapTap

So it looks like Best Buy removed their Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus listing. Glad I bought it w/ GCU while I had the chance last month

Probably sold out, it was a (sort of) limited run and Best Buy seems to ditch listings the moment they burn stock. I love GCU but their selection of older games is limited.

Xenoflare

Would best buy carry Operation Abyss and Toukiden Kiwami? I really don't want to shop at my local EB anymore.

Edit: Crap wrong thread, I'm in Canada by the way

SerTapTap

Would best buy carry Operation Abyss and Toukiden Kiwami? I really don't want to shop at my local EB anymore.

I dunno about canada, but any NEW games Best Buy almost always has yeah, unless it's being sold exclusively somewhere. In-store I'm less sure of (I shop online) but you could probably call and ask.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Rogue Legacy cross-save problem update from Cellar Door Games (via Twitter):

Hey guys, too many people played Rogue Legacy over the weekend on PSN, and Sony had to disable Cloud/cross saving for the moment. This will cause issues such as a permanent hanging save gear, and the inability to Cross-save. Trying to come up with a fix. Sorry!

Dammit Sony.

bobawesome

Woo~ Project Diva F 2nd get! I ordered a Tomee crystal case for my Vita 2000 to go along with it. The case feels cheaper than I was expecting but it was $5 so I shouldn't complain too much.

I wish I had just ordered one of those Hori face covers instead. I had one for my OLED model and it was pretty cool.

autoduelist

Blimey, Sony don't half have some infrastructure issues on PSN.....

Eh, I'm sure the cross-save infrastructure never really required much in the way of anything. I mean, there's a limit to how many people are going to be uploading/downloading saves at any given time.

Then suddenly a PS+ game does it automagically on a regular basis... it's not surprising it caused issues that Sony has to deal with.

So... it's not really surprising in retrospect, if you think about it.

SerTapTap

Eh, I'm sure the cross-save infrastructure never really required much in the way of anything. I mean, there's a limit to how many people are going to be uploading/downloading saves at any given time.

Then suddenly a PS+ game does it automagically on a regular basis... it's not surprising it caused issues that Sony has to deal with.

Yeah most cross save games (unfortunately) don't upload saves automatically...I really hope their/Sony's solution isn't "make it manual" because it majorly harms the "continue playing" thing when I have to manually download or, much worse, manually upload saves before continuing.

danowat

Banned

XBL can do it, saves are continually uploaded to the cloud automatically for everyone, and achievement data is automatically refreshed (when we have to do it manually on PSN), so surely PSN can have such an infrastructure in place to allow it?, especially considering there is a paywall to the functionality of PS+ saves anyway.

antibolo

Banned
The way Sony manages cloud saves is still a fucking mess. Doesn't help that they don't have a unified system that covers both cross-save use cases, and regular PS+ cloud backups. You'd think it would make sense to merge the two together but they're still awkwardly leaving every cross-save game to implement their own system independently, which leads to absolutely no consistent behavior whatsoever.

SerTapTap

The way Sony manages cloud saves is still a fucking mess. Doesn't help that they don't have a unified system that covers both cross-save use cases, and regular PS+ cloud backups. You'd think it would make sense to merge the two together but they're still awkwardly leaving every cross-save game to implement their own system independently, which leads to absolutely no consistent behavior whatsoever.

It would be cool if cross saves were something built into Sony's backend and automatic. Extremely few games do cross save well, Doki Doki Universe comes to mind, I think Hohokum is all automatic too. And Fez I believe is automatic as long as you use the cross-save slot which is a nice way to do cross save but keep multiple slots (though Doki Doki just syncs all slots and doesn't have an arbitrary limit on number of slots)

jzbluz

They had Demon Gaze and even Criminal Girls so Operation Abyss seems likely. They didn't get one of KT's ps3 games so they might not get Kiwami.

Massa

XBL can do it, saves are continually uploaded to the cloud automatically for everyone, and achievement data is automatically refreshed (when we have to do it manually on PSN), so surely PSN can have such an infrastructure in place to allow it?, especially considering there is a paywall to the functionality of PS+ saves anyway.

Last time I had it when you earned achievements offline on the Xbox it didn't show a date. I like Sony's system better to be honest.

Yikes. That shouldn't be happening multiple times. Once could be a glitch. If you don't already, I'd suggest you start using your full zip code + 4... that might help? I'd also call my postal office and explain the issue just to see if they can eyeball whatever is causing the problem. I mean, it could just be terrible employees, but so much of the service is automated now it seems like the machines might be misreading your address for some odd reason until a human in Golden goes 'nope'.

Had to get Banned Game sent to me again. PO just straight up lost the package after the last call on the 5th, and the PO CS was saying "there's not enough postage on it anymore to keep sending it" (then don't keep fucking sending it back and forth from Denver to Golden, duh) like it someone is supposed to be paying for their screw ups.

NISA got it straightened out for me on their end at least. Address should be airtight now for this replacement and for the next order, and on every site I buy from. Even the NISA CS rep said the same thing "you'd think they'd know the next line after Street isn't another Street." If USPS still can't deliver it right, then I don't know.

If I didn't get it, then I hope NISA gets it back, but if it just disappeared then I'm mad for NISA too 'cause a small company shouldn't be eating losses like that on the few direct orders they can profit substantially from. Obviously they have insurance on stuff like that as a business, but it's the principle of it.

Had to get Banned Game sent to me again. PO just straight up lost the package after the last call on the 5th, and the PO CS was saying "there's not enough postage on it anymore to keep sending it" (then don't keep fucking sending it back and forth from Denver to Golden, duh) like it someone is supposed to be paying for their screw ups.

I hope it reaches you this time man, that's some straight up dumb shit. :/

Massa

Can you get Minecraft on Vita (digital) with the disc PS3 version? I remember reading that was possible. Has anyone gone through that process?

Shizuka

Congratulations Shizuka :D! You should be proud of yourself :); whenever it is high school or college, it is hard work and the pay off when you finish either one is so satisfying :'). Hope you had a great party :D.

Law school, finally. It was great, thanks!

I didn't want one, got the crazy pack already, but Shizuka wanted one. It was avaliable when I posted here :(

Thanks for sharing, but with the high price, it's just not an option for me anymore.

autoduelist

It's not a matter of 'can they do it?' because the answer is 'yes, they can'... but you'd need to be set up for it. They had a different system in place, which is why when a popular game came along that did things differently (rogue legacy auto-cross save) it likely stressed the system.

Hopefully they stopped it while they upgrade the infrastructure, and not just keep it off.

Re: trophy updates: doesn't the ps4 and vita update automatically now? I remember I used to have to push my ps3 trophies up, but I haven't had to do that in ages. The PS3 does a lot of things oddly/badly due to lots of the network stuff being done patchwork/piecemeal with limited memory resources dedicated to OS. But regardless, the point is when you suddenly get your servers slammed by requests from an unexpected source (automatic cloud saves) it's not uncommon to have to deal with it... you generally only have enough infrastructure in place for expected load plus wiggle room. Not being prepared for RL isn't particularly surprising - that is to say, them bringing it down for a bit is expected/understandable, it's how they deal with it in the future which will be the test... will they fix/upgrade and turn it back on, or ban games from doing it?

Yeah most cross save games (unfortunately) don't upload saves automatically...I really hope their/Sony's solution isn't "make it manual" because it majorly harms the "continue playing" thing when I have to manually download or, much worse, manually upload saves before continuing.

I agree, if they can get it to be seamless it would be nice. I'm sure there are people out there that don't want it to be automatic though -- shared accounts where one sibling uses the vita, one uses the ps4, for example. But I'm sure that's the minority.

NISA got it straightened out for me on their end at least. Address should be airtight now for this replacement and for the next order, and on every site I buy from. Even the NISA CS rep said the same thing "you'd think they'd know the next line after Street isn't another Street." If USPS still can't deliver it right, then I don't know.

If I didn't get it, then I hope NISA gets it back, but if it just disappeared then I'm mad for NISA too 'cause a small company shouldn't be eating losses like that on the few direct orders they can profit substantially from. Obviously they have insurance on stuff like that as a business, but it's the principle of it.

That's straight up odd they'd try to tell you there's 'not enough postage' to get it delivered. I suppose if they view it as an 'incorrect address' that's causing the problem, then... they have a case, though I'd have thought general kindness would get it to your door without further incident.

But it sounds like you have the problem fixed at the source, which is good. I lost a harddrive with vital information on it once due to a similar mess up; it was UPS, not USPS but everytime it got to my local area it got shipped back out to texas or something... after like 4 times back in my town, it too got lost. Never figured out why that went so poorly, but thankfully it was an isolated incident.

Perhaps you'll end up getting both eventually, and can either send it back to NISA or sell/give it away. [NISA may not want it back, sometimes restocking is more of a hassle than it's worth].

That's straight up odd they'd try to tell you there's 'not enough postage' to get it delivered. I suppose if they view it as an 'incorrect address' that's causing the problem, then... they have a case, though I'd have thought general kindness would get it to your door without further incident.

But it sounds like you have the problem fixed at the source, which is good. I lost a harddrive with vital information on it once due to a similar mess up; it was UPS, not USPS but everytime it got to my local area it got shipped back out to texas or something... after like 4 times back in my town, it too got lost. Never figured out why that went so poorly, but thankfully it was an isolated incident.

Perhaps you'll end up getting both eventually, and can either send it back to NISA or sell/give it away. [NISA may not want it back, sometimes restocking is more of a hassle than it's worth].

Yeah, this customer service rep lady for the PO today just sounded like a grouch with no time for anything. Tried to tell me there's no number for Denver too because it's just a warehouse. Different people everywhere. If it wasn't a government institution, I'd have gone ham at some of the things she tried to tell me.

That sucks about the HDD. I've lost stuff like that before, not in the mail, but where the contents are things that can't be replaced.

If I do end up with two, I'd like to send it back for karma's sake and since that's just my nature.

nampad

Finished Entwined and hated it.

From an audiovisual perspective, the game was nice but you could barely enjoy it because of the horrendous gameplay. The mechanic was too simple and never changed up to keep the player engaged. Some of the combinations were pretty annoyingly designed and the camera didn't help in many cases, where you could barely see were you are supposed to fly through.

It is also one of the first games were I think that wasn't fit for the Vita. My thumbs hurt quickly from rounding the analog sticks. Overall, I just wanted the game to end so I was done with it. Considering it is a little bit over a one hour experience, that says quite a lot.
Sony publishes some nice artsy download titles but sometimes they also have a stinker. Entwined is one of them. 5/10

autoduelist

If I do end up with two, I'd like to send it back for karma's sake and since that's just my nature.

Oh, totally. I just meant that if you do, and then contact them, they might tell you just to keep it. Amazon does that a lot... it's just less of a hassle for some companies. On the other hand, NISA might be very thankful that you returned it, depends on the company.

SerTapTap

What's the deal with magazine scans exactly? There are images of the new forms in Neptunia Victory 2 in Gematsu (from Dengeki Playstation), I assume either Gematsu or the fact that Idea Factory International tweeted about it means it's legit enough but I'm not sure? Wasn't sure enough to post a thread

Takao

Banned
pls hamster appli archives lemmings ape escape pls

5adHWvE.jpg
sjlaLpH.jpg

hdFMn1p.jpg
zBY78zV.jpg

hrYieHe.jpg
QGX0KRI.jpg

What's the deal with magazine scans exactly? There are images of the new forms in Neptunia Victory 2 in Gematsu (from Dengeki Playstation), I assume either Gematsu or the fact that Idea Factory International tweeted about it means it's legit enough but I'm not sure? Wasn't sure enough to post a thread

don't post scan on neogaf of modern game magazine article unless you want ban

deadfolk

Finally finished P3P. Thanks for all the tips folks. It was a (long) cakewalk in the end.

That final boss battle was actually fun.

Just like with P4G, the second it finished I realised I was going to miss all the characters. I guess a lot of people feel the same, which is why all the spin-offs.

Now I must force myself to take a break before getting Persona Q. Get some PS4 action in before MH4U hits.

Maid

Banned

But isn't it about cloud saving, though? PS+ cloud saving is uploaded automatically. The one we are talking about is cross-saving between 2 different platforms, isn't it? Surely it's not just "uploading and downloading a save data" process.

don't post scan on neogaf of modern game magazine article unless you want ban

I've been wondering for a while, why is it not allowed?

Top Bottom