• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Oh God gaf please lets make this happen!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1145990096/strength-of-the-sword-ultimate?ref=email

This game looks awesome and theres a chance it comes to consoles

100k?

tumblr_inline_mhtbbrtlme1qz4rgp.gif

TOTP;

Buy a PlayStation TV.

ryseing

RK128

I somehow ended up with Tearaway again
B9c2IxNCAAA1Bc-.jpg

Congrats Flandy :D! Loved playing through the game in 2013, so I hope you have a great time with the game :).

The game was one of the few Vita games to properly use all the Vita's features in a creative and fun way :).

RK128

You must be new here

....I've been part of Vita Gaf for a good year now.....so, what do you mean :l?

I loved the game when I played it, so I just wanted to say I hope you enjoy it, that's all :). I get the running joke that you never played this for quite a while, but if you do plan on playing it, have fun :D.

As part of Sony's last 'wave' of first party software (alongside Killzone, SSD, Freedom Wars and eventually Oshoka....sorry if I butchered the name of that one :(), it was the most 'at home' on Vita for me; the game is in a few ways, is the Vita's Mario Galaxy :).

Basically, has strong gameplay that used, not abused the hardware's functionality.

Either way, have fun with the game :).

Flandy

....I've been part of Vita Gaf for a good year now.....so, what do you mean :l?

I loved the game when I played it, so I just wanted to say I hope you enjoy it, that's all :). I get the running joke that you never played this for quite a while, but if you do plan on playing it, have fun :D.

As part of Sony's last 'wave' of first party software (alongside Killzone, SSD, Freedom Wars and eventually Oshoka....sorry if I butchered the name of that one :(), it was the most 'at home' on Vita for me; the game is in a few ways, is the Vita's Mario Galaxy :).

Basically, has strong gameplay that used, not abused the hardware's functionality.

Either way, have fun with the game :).

I did it finish it :) Only to trade it in the next day for like $22

I honestly don't know why you bought it again.

Mandatory:

Glad you still have that saved.
Good lord it looks like a 5 year old wrote that

RK128

I did it finish it :) Only to trade it in the next day for like $22

Glad you still have that saved.
Good lord it looks like a 5 year old wrote that

Oh, okay then; it is cool you got hold physical copy if you one day decide to play through it then :D. Sorry for the confusion Flandy :(.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Had to get Banned Game sent to me again. PO just straight up lost the package after the last call on the 5th, and the PO CS was saying "there's not enough postage on it anymore to keep sending it" (then don't keep fucking sending it back and forth from Denver to Golden, duh) like it someone is supposed to be paying for their screw ups.

NISA got it straightened out for me on their end at least. Address should be airtight now for this replacement and for the next order, and on every site I buy from. Even the NISA CS rep said the same thing "you'd think they'd know the next line after Street isn't another Street." If USPS still can't deliver it right, then I don't know.

If I didn't get it, then I hope NISA gets it back, but if it just disappeared then I'm mad for NISA too 'cause a small company shouldn't be eating losses like that on the few direct orders they can profit substantially from. Obviously they have insurance on stuff like that as a business, but it's the principle of it.

You bought a banned game? Maybe they confiscated it for a reason? How banned is it?

danowat

Banned
But isn't it about cloud saving, though? PS+ cloud saving is uploaded automatically. The one we are talking about is cross-saving between 2 different platforms, isn't it? Surely it's not just "uploading and downloading a save data" process.

I've been wondering for a while, why is it not allowed?

So we are saying there is a on the fly savegame file conversion going on? I'd be shocked if this was the case, I'd assume that it would be a simple up/down cloud system.

Re: trophy updates: doesn't the ps4 and vita update automatically now?

Nope, manual push on both as far as I can make out.

Shun

Is there anyway to unlock the Vita without having to do the page swipe?

On the iPhone it's intuitive and it also gives you the choice of using Touch ID but with the Vita it's kinda eh.

it's no big deal but still is there a way to unlock without swiping?

Is there anyway to unlock the Vita without having to do the page swipe?

On the iPhone it's intuitive and it also gives you the choice of using Touch ID but with the Vita it's kinda eh.

it's no big deal but still is there a way to unlock without swiping?

Touch the corner that's folded over and the opposite corner (diagonally) at the same time.

autoduelist

Nope, manual push on both as far as I can make out.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. As soon as I try to view trophies on my vita, it syncs and sees all my ps4 trophies. I have never manually sync'd from my ps4.

EDIT -- re the 'swipe'... you can unlock the vita if you sort of just 'throw' the corner. You do not need to 'pull' it back, or go from corner to corner. I thumb throw it, only touching about a quarter inch of screen, and it unlocks.

EDIT 2-- throwing it also only requires one thumb, so you don't even need your other hand to touch a corner. it's pure muscle memory for me at this point, i unlock the instant the screen goes on.

EDIT 3- obvious but worth noting, the throw technique works for all 'folded corners' on vita.

danowat

Banned
I'm pretty sure you're wrong. As soon as I try to view trophies on my vita, it syncs and sees all my ps4 trophies. I have never manually sync'd from my ps4

That is manual push, you have to perform a function for the trophies to sync online, rather than them automatically pushing sync online when you unlock one

I can't view my PS4 trophies online without manually opening the trophy app and syncing them on the console first

Touch the corner that's folded over and the opposite corner (diagonally) at the same time.

GpMewkD.gif

EDIT -- re the 'swipe'... you can unlock the vita if you sort of just 'throw' the corner. You do not need to 'pull' it back, or go from corner to corner. I thumb throw it, only touching about a quarter inch of screen, and it unlocks.

EDIT 2-- throwing it also only requires one thumb, so you don't even need your other hand to touch a corner. it's pure muscle memory for me at this point, i unlock the instant the screen goes on.

EDIT 3- obvious but worth noting, the throw technique works for all 'folded corners' on vita.

Yep, always do this.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So, yeah, great. Rogue Legacy locked up on me while I was fighting the last boss. Restarted the system and my save is corrupted.

Guess I'm never playing RL ever again. :(

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. As soon as I try to view trophies on my vita, it syncs and sees all my ps4 trophies. I have never manually sync'd from my ps4.

You may be thinking of the nightly sync that happens to all PS+ subscribers on all three formats. Pretty sure it's still manual syncing otherwise for PS4.

SerTapTap

I'm an hour or so into Banned Game and this woman will never stop slapping me, will she. Wish they redid the "map" sprites, they don't really have the charm of deliberate pixel art, and the higher res assets are super cute. Looking forward to having actual choices to make in battle, so far I just have 4 "attack" options

Sounds exactly like my experience with Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

So glad cloud saves are a thing, though they need to be universal on PC and (more) automatic on console to be ideal. Losing save data is one of the worst things that can happen. Hours of your life, gone, forgotten.

Phototropic

Neo Member
I'm an hour or so into Banned Game and this woman will never stop slapping me, will she. Wish they redid the "map" sprites, they don't really have the charm of deliberate pixel art, and the higher res assets are super cute. Looking forward to having actual choices to make in battle, so far I just have 4 "attack" options
I'm on the 3rd dungeon and it's pretty fun once you get more attacks and characters to swap during fights. The combat isn't mindblowing, but I'm having a good time with it.

RK128

I assume Alice is more useful once you unlock that Magic command?

They added Uncharted and God of War 2 to PS Now since then I think. I keep meaning to try that trial but I don't want to "waste" it so I've just been playing the mountain of games I already have.

The trial still isn't available to Vita and PS3 owners yet, so I can't see how it works X(. I don't own a PS4, so I can't see how it improved or not from when I tried out early last year (when they offered a handful of free games in the beta).

Phototropic

Neo Member
I assume Alice is more useful once you unlock that Magic command?
Yeah, one of her magic attacks called Pain is one of the most powerful attacks I have, but I still leave her out of the main rotation unless I am looking for something specific like that or if none of my other characters have a good option. She was pretty useless early on.

Top Bottom