• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Tohsaka

PSTV's compatibility can be hit or miss, but I haven't actually used my Vita since the PSTV came out. All the games I've bought since it was released have been compatible, and all future games likely will be since I can't think of any games that really rely on the touch/gyro stuff that are coming out.

SerTapTap

B-AJdQXCEAAuxh4.jpg:large

Got sorcery saga's limited edition since it was cheap (and some other stuff). Is this supposed to be alright? Can't really spare a card slot at the moment

There are a few games I think I'd prefer playing on the big screen, like Senran Kagura and Freedom Wars.

Yup, had a blast with mine so far, I've been using it daily the last month or so.

Shizuka

Got sorcery saga's limited edition since it was cheap (and some other stuff). Is this supposed to be alright? Can't really spare a card slot at the moment

The game is really fun, but I was one who hated the limited edition and called out to Aksys. There was no reason to pay the extra at launch for the joke of a limited edition they made for the game.

SerTapTap

The game is really fun, but I was one who hated the limited edition and called out to Aksys. There was no reason to pay the extra at launch for the joke of a limited edition they made for the game.

Yeah the limited edition is kind of the worst ever, but since it was one dollar LESS than the game itself I figured I'd buy the cute extra box and have a laugh over the awful other bonuses

Tohsaka

I thought Sorcery Saga was pretty fun. My main issue was Kuu doing stupid things, and rarely learning the skills I actually wanted him to at the time.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Been playing a bit of the Oreshika demo on the JP PSN store. The game is great, a lot more interesting and better looking than I thought it would be.

Looked up some stuff and it seems the demo came out a week before the game came out in Japan. You guys think we'll get the demo at all here?

I'm leaning towards no since we didn't even get the Freedom Wars demo..

why do i have the feeling that sony is gonna send oreshika out to die?

i still kinda wonder who thought it would be a good idea to bring a sequel to a game that never came out in the west a good idea.

i still kinda wonder who thought it would be a good idea to bring a sequel to a game that never came out in the west a good idea.

The only piece of "news" we got for this game so far was that Spring releases trailer, that shows 2 seconds of game footage.

Shizuka

Like I've been told, Senran Kagura Bon Appetit's grinding for platinum trophy is soul-crushing. I don't know if I have it in me, but I might as well try since I'm that close.

Because they are... :|
I haven't seen a single trailer of the game. But to be fair, I don't think advertising this game was going to help it sell much.

It's in the New PSVita Titles - Spring 2015 video PlayStation dropped a few days ago, but yeah - no full English trailer IIRC.

ZeroAKA

It's getting the usual SCEA/SCEE first-party Japanese game treatment™.

Tohsaka

Like I've been told, Senran Kagura Bon Appetit's grinding for platinum trophy is soul-crushing. I don't know if I have it in me, but I might as well try since I'm that close.

It is, I didn't bother. I platinumed Shinovi Versus, but I didn't feel like grinding songs over and over when I already had my fill of the game.

Shizuka

It is, I didn't bother. I platinumed Shinovi Versus, but I didn't feel like grinding songs over and over when I already had my fill of the game.

I grinded for Shinovi Versus, might as well grind for Bon Appetit. I'm only 34 songs away from platinum, it's not that far.

nampad

Need for Speed: Most Wanted keeps telling me I don't have enough space and need to free some before I can play. I have 4GB of free space on my memory card and it wants like 18Kb. I already deleted something, it still doesn't work.
Also rebuild my data and formatted the internal memory, still, I get the error message.
Got it once before when my nephew played and I don't remember how but it went away.

Can somebody help?

SerTapTap

How easy is Sorcery Saga BTW? I'm assuming something closer to Chocobo's Dungeon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon than the harder sorts?

It's getting the usual SCEA/SCEE first-party Japanese game treatment™.

Did Freedom Wars even get advertising here? I barely heard a peep about it until it was $15 at best buy

Tohsaka

I started Monster Monpiece earlier, and just tried doing the power up minigame on my DS4. It was really unintuitive; this might be the first game in quite a while I actually use my Vita for.

SerTapTap

It's a very solid, very fun game, but it's not worth the retail price.

I already own it so too late =p was just wondering about the difficulty.

I started Monster Monpiece earlier, and just tried doing the power up minigame on my DS4. It was really unintuitive; this might be the first game in quite a while I actually use my Vita for.

The trick to the rubbing game is there's like 2-3 spots you can effectively press (there's a heart or some other symbol when it's just right), just poke around randomly until you find one (common areas are chest, crotch, thigh, shoulder, can be almost anywhere, even wings/etc) then absolutely mash that spot until it stops working, then find the other spot(s). The uh, rub both sides of the Vita part is going to be extremely hard on PS TV, but it's not actually required to win (it's free points though).

It's not super vital that you rub though, you could just play cards normally and send the save off to the real Vita for a batch of rubbing

autoduelist

PSTV is such a joke, i feel sorry for people who got suckered into buying it

I'm happy with mine. Was worth the $80 I paid. Achieves the goals I wanted -- remote play + vita games on a tv. Don't feel 'suckered' at all, because I wasn't.

How easy is Sorcery Saga BTW? I'm assuming something closer to Chocobo's Dungeon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon than the harder sorts?

I plat'd it. Super simple, I didn't die a single time during my playthrough. Magic is completely unbalanced and terrible, so I suppose you can put yourself at risk when you're trying to level up some piss poor staff against high level monsters for the plat, but by that point you should have incredible armor so even that isn't a real risk.

It's most definitely a beginner's roguelike. Charming though, and the silly plot actually is better than expected, and some of the humor works. Combat will never be a challenge though -- it's more of a time waster as you run around exploring everything and leveling up all the equipment for the plat. Platinum is a bit of a chore by the end.

autoduelist

How long did that take you? I was gunning for the platinum trophy when I started the game, but I gave up once I reached post-game.

I couldn't even tell you at this point. It was pretty brutal maxing all equipment, I can tell you that, but thankfully I'd been paying attention and had been collecting everything as I went through the game. It was the kind of game where you spend so much time working on it as you go through, by the time you realize you need to grind out a ton more you've already invested so much that it's hard not to.

Fortunately, other than that final grind, I actually enjoyed the game. It was super simple, sure, but that made it a nice relaxing game for me. Most stress/annoyance was due to item management for the future plat.

Ponn

Banned
You know i'm actually having some fun with Monster Monpiece. It's really a shame they put so much effort into all the fanservice shit instead of fleshing out the game a bit more with less redundant chapters and maybe different maps or more character cards. Also so much useless dialogue that I can't see appealing to anyone who would buy the game.

SerTapTap

You know i'm actually having some fun with Monster Monpiece. It's really a shame they put so much effort into all the fanservice shit instead of fleshing out the game a bit more with less redundant chapters and maybe different maps or more character cards. Also so much useless dialogue that I can't see appealing to anyone who would buy the game.

I can't imagine writing the story had much of a negative effect on any other part of the game, it clearly had by far the least effort attributed to it. I don't frankly think it would have mattered much if it were improved in anything less than an earth shattering way. It's a card game. The story for Pokemon TGC is literally "go fight these card gym bosses and with the card game cardship championship thing". It's perfectly fine/irrelevant.

The grinding/microtransactions are far more suspect but I enjoyed the game nonetheless.

Maid

Banned
I actually like reading those funny dialogues. It's just funny.
Can't see why it would offend anyone, though.

You call that's "so much effort"?
Also art department is different to others department, and those cards illustration don't cost that much in Japan.

Garraboa

Didn't get much on the Flash Sale. Got Metal Slug Anthology, which I read wasn't very good of a port, but I haven't seen the arcade version running, so "Ignorance is bliss" and all that. It was on my wishlist from a long time ago!

I also got Tekken Tag Tournament 2, but It's been driving me crazy since I can't, for the life of me, confirm that it has the swimsuit
fundoshi
DLC anywhere in the game. Are they included in the DD version and just have to unlock them for each character by playing. Or was the DLC never released and I'm SOL?

So after my previous post about what happened to the podcast, we got ourselves a volunteer, RK128. He was supportive from the very start and was pretty much always involved through here, so I'm glad to have you with us man. The trio now is complete, so things will be going back to how they were, with an episode coming next week. It's still early on, but I hope to make the ideas that I shared with you all work starting with the next episode, where we won't just focus on Vita, but more on the ecosystem that we Vita gamers belong to, with topics and discussions that are relevant to us here on the thread.

There's so much going on in the gaming world that being a strict news show in my opinion doesn't cut it. We are all core gamers, we know the news the day that they come out. Rather than having us recite the weekly news back to you AGAIN (and a week late too), the show will serve more as a place for you to come and listen to our thoughts on the news from that week, listen to the thoughts on what we are playing, watching, etc. this will be an ever evolving show, I enjoyed what we did in our previous episodes with discussions and topics, so I want to focus more on that and leave the formalities aside.

Ordered the Order.... just 'cause I saw someone say it was coming out Friday.
Trading in some stuff at EB tomorrow that should cover for the game. I'm actually pretty stoked to play it.

RK128

So after my previous post about what happened to the podcast, we got ourselves a volunteer, RK128. He was supportive from the very start and was pretty much always involved through here, so I'm glad to have you with us man. The trio now is complete, so things will be going back to how they were, with an episode coming next week. It's still early on, but I hope to make the ideas that I shared with you all work starting with the next episode, where we won't just focus on Vita, but more on the ecosystem that we Vita gamers belong to, with topics and discussions that are relevant to us here on the thread.

There's so much going on in the gaming world that being a strict news show in my opinion doesn't cut it. We are all core gamers, we know the news the day that they come out. Rather than having us recite the weekly news back to you AGAIN (and a week late too), the show will serve more as a place for you to come and listen to our thoughts on the news from that week, listen to the thoughts on what we are playing, watching, etc. this will be an ever evolving show, I enjoyed what we did in our previous episodes with discussions and topics, so I want to focus more on that and leave the formalities aside.

Trading in some stuff at EB tomorrow that should cover for the game. I'm actually pretty stoked to play it.

Can't wait so help out man :D. Though my thoughts might not be exactly Vita related (currently playing Majoras Mask 3D....it is my all time favorite Zelda game after all XD!), it should be a blast working with you guys :).

Hope you enjoy the Order man :); heard great things from the game and considering Ready at Dawn's past work (Daxter and Ghost of Sparta; both fantastic tittles and ironically the best games in their respective series XD!), the game should be a joy to play.

Can't wait so help out man :D. Though my thoughts might not be exactly Vita related (currently playing Majoras Mask 3D....it is my all time favorite Zelda game after all XD!), it should be a blast working with you guys :).

Great because I bought it too, but am playing Monster Hunter 4U every day, and like I said, I am thinking of ordering The Order tomorrow. We are glad to have you, like I said we won't be breaking news with our show. We'll see where it goes, I want to spend less time planning things, and more time making it entertaining. Since we are Sony centric, you can all expect some thoughts from me on The Order aha.

RK128

Great because I bought it too, but am playing Monster Hunter 4U every day, and like I said, I am thinking of ordering The Order tomorrow. We are glad to have you, like I said we won't be breaking news with our show. We'll see where it goes, I want to spend less time planning things, and more time making it entertaining. Since we are Sony centric, you can all expect some thoughts from me on The Order aha.

I know this is off topic, but did you ever play Majora's Mask before? If not...you are in for one of the best games in the Zelda series man :D! Dark atmosphere, some of the series best dungeons, great soundtrack, fun gameplay mechanics with the masks and the OoT3D enhancements make a fantastic game even better :D! The visuals are a massive step up from the N64 version (man, looking back, it is amazing how the 3DS version mirrors so perfectly what I remember from the N64 version....).

Again, sorry to detract the thread with Nintendo-related stuff, but Majora's Mask is up there with my favorite games of all time, so I have to gush about it a bit XD.

Producer

Well I'm still rocking my 8GB so it could be enough. I think I am too cheap to get another.

I was using an 8GB for a year. I was able to manage by backing up all my games to my laptop. It wasn't that bad honestly.

Had to wait till black friday last year to get a 'deal' for a 32gb.

RK128

I was using an 8GB for a year. I was able to manage by backing up all my games to my laptop. It wasn't that bad honestly.

Had to wait till black friday last year to get a 'deal' for a 32gb.

The best bet for getting a MC is to get them around the holidays; GameStop for two years in a row had 32GB cards for 50 bucks throughout late December/Early January for example.

I remember getting a 8GB card with my Vita and later got another 8GB card....then upgraded to a 16GB then latter traded in one of the 8GB cards and before I knew it, by early 2014, I had one 32GB card (traded in my other MC's for PSN credit and PS+). Considering I had plenty of space for games (holding 80+ games is more then enough for me honestly :)), that isn't an issue for me. I might get a 64GB card in the future, but right now, I'm happy with my 32GB card.

Top Bottom