• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Alright Vita GAF here's the deelio:

What happened to Vita Means episode 3?

Due to personal circumstances our beloved Shizuka won't be able to stay on board, so it's with a bitter sweet smile that we say farewell to him. Although he won't be able to be on the front lines with us, he is still and always will be a Vita means member, and Shizuka, if you read this, you are more than welcome to join us, and chat with us for this show.

So, now we need another host. Me and Fish aren't enough to keep an audience entertained, and as such we are in need of someone that enjoys talking, we are a cool bunch and we don't bite (Shizuka is still alive OK? ;P). I know a lot of you wanted to join, but I want us as a whole to bring someone in permanently, as well as start doing the whole rotating community member thing that I had spoken of before.

Last but not least, I want to talk about the content of the show. As you are all aware we tried to brand our show as a Vita only podcast. That being said, and by no means (no pun intended) do I not like this, but it feels a bit limiting in terms of what we can talk about. I wanted to talk about us too, the players, what we like, what we don't like, how does the Vita, and other games/consoles too, fit into our lives? Basically I wanted the show not to just focus on Vita news and Vita games, but also the Vita PLAYERS, and what we are up to.

Sorry for this wall of text. As the host of this thing, I want us to keep this show going, I really had fun with it... And I know at least some of you did too. Gimme your thoughts VitaGaf!

Phototropic

Neo Member
Yes, it's possible, you can't play against yourself online, but ad-hoc works. Just remember that both will have separate save files, so erase your "loser" save with the winner. I didn't go all the way but I earned at least one trophy when testing it.
I can always count on you for help. Thanks!

antibolo

Banned
Last but not least, I want to talk about the content of the show. As you are all aware we tried to brand our show as a Vita only podcast. That being said, and by no means (no pun intended) do I not like this, but it feels a bit limiting in terms of what we can talk about. I wanted to talk about us too, the players, what we like, what we don't like, how does the Vita, and other games/consoles too, fit into our lives? Basically I wanted the show not to just focus on Vita news and Vita games, but also the Vita PLAYERS, and what we are up to.

That sounds fine to me.

Shizuka

Just read the Review for Criminal Girls on the Vita Lounge, I'll wait for a sale or something.

Oh and I was surprised to learn that Shizuka writes for the Vita Lounge haha

It was a first, but I had a blast.

And I'd love to see the podcast going, anyone who joins will have lots of fun talking about games with names and fish.

Chuy

Due to personal circumstances our beloved Shizuka won't be able to stay on board, so it's with a bitter sweet smile that we say farewell to him. Although he won't be able to be on the front lines with us, he is still and always will be a Vita means member, and Shizuka, if you read this, you are more than welcome to join us, and chat with us for this show.

So, now we need another host. Me and Fish aren't enough to keep an audience entertained, and as such we are in need of someone that enjoys talking, we are a cool bunch and we don't bite (Shizuka is still alive OK? ;P). I know a lot of you wanted to join, but I want us as a whole to bring someone in permanently, as well as start doing the whole rotating community member thing that I had spoken of before.

Sorry for this wall of text. As the host of this thing, I want us to keep this show going, I really had fun with it... And I know at least some of you did too. Gimme your thoughts VitaGaf!
I was curious as to what seemed to be holding it up as i really did enjoy listening to the first two podcasts. Shame to hear shuzika is leaving though but i'm certain that whoever else joins will make a fine addition to the podcast.
As for the content i'm sure whatever you guys end up discussing will be fine so i wouldn't fret too much over it.

Tapejara

I wouldn't mind doing a few rounds of Monpiece online. My deck is kind of buffed up because I boosted all of the online trophies, and got so many card packs, though.

*stroking a fluffy Persian cat* Good...good

Yes, it's possible, you can't play against yourself online, but ad-hoc works. Just remember that both will have separate save files, so erase your "loser" save with the winner. I didn't go all the way but I earned at least one trophy when testing it.

With all the people buying the game now I'm hoping some of PSN gaf will be able to play. I'm willing but adding me on PSN with no "I am X from GAF" message probably isn't going to get me to add you...actually adding me on Steam is probably best, since chat is less sucky and I can nickname people. I wish all online services let you change your name and apply nicknames to people. No idea who half these people on my PSN list are

Is your Steam name the same as your PSN name or your GAF name?

SerTapTap

I wouldn't mind doing a few rounds of Monpiece online. My deck is kind of buffed up because I boosted all of the online trophies, and got so many card packs.

Is your Steam name the same as your PSN name or your GAF name?

Cheater.
I haven't done that yet so I don't have any fancy cards beyond the expensive, ingame money card packs

It's in my profile but yeah it's just sirtaptap--nothing matches my PSN name as it's old and just about the only account of that age that's both still in use and never let me change.

SALE IS STILL ON FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES
WAT DO

Shhhh just buy

Flandy

Irrelevant.

:(

16549507872_db3e676fe0_b.jpg

SerTapTap

phrasing

BUT I'M NOT EVEN GONNA PLAY IT

It's pretty easy to hop into. I could write a moderately detailed thing for how to play if anyone cares--basically pair up Melee units with Healer units for the most basic but effective strategy, and keep all 3 rows in play. Skip the cutscenes so you can get straight into wailing on the AI. It's not too hard to jump into and the AI doesn't ramp up for a while (and by lategame you'll learn to exploit it anyway)

And I'd love to see the podcast going, anyone who joins will have lots of fun talking about games with names and fish.

We will keep it running, I just can't stop it. I had way too much fun withyou guys, even though we only have 3 (well 2 I guess if we take out the beta episode) episodes out.

That sounds fine to me.

I was curious as to what seemed to be holding it up as i really did enjoy listening to the first two podcasts. Shame to hear shuzika is leaving though but i'm certain that whoever else joins will make a fine addition to the podcast.
As for the content i'm sure whatever you guys end up discussing will be fine so i wouldn't fret too much over it.

Well we don't want to talk about things that people don't want to listen to. We will definitely still talk about Vita, but pretty much everyone here owns other consoles, more specifically Sony ones since this is a PSN thread. A more broad conversation about recent news, would be a lot more interesting, Vita isn't swimming in news every week and we want to keep delivering content that is entertaining to listen to for you guys. Tackling real life topics I think would be interesting too, as gamers in general, a lot of you have interesting stuff going on in your lives, and putting it out there for the community to listen to, I think would be a cool idea.

RK128

That is a shame names2hard4you :(, the three episodes you, Fish and Shizuka made were really enjoyable to listen to :). I think opening the floodgates topic and discussion wise is a good idea, as it lets the podcast have much more to discuss (ex: How this week Vita owners are reacting to the New 3DS launch, Did get the 'banned' game and how do they feel about it, ect).

I don't have any experience recording stuff (only have a wired PS3 Headset to work with), but if I can get it working well enough, maybe I can help out with the podcast? If I can help out with it, I would galdly help :D.

Either way, good luck with the podcast and keep up the great work :D.

Banned Game FINALLY got here. "2 day priority" my ass. 'course, the game came in a box and went to the leasing office because the mailman was too lazy to use the lockboxes and put a key in my mail box.

Well, at least I know the Firefly Diaries LE should actually get here now.

Hikami

I'll just leave this here
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983423.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hikami, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

4d1d755498.png

1hFaqwB.png
$10 PlayStation Store Digital Code (PSN) -- MB-F4E65EBECCEE2F82 - Taken by adarker. 31 entrants total.

t1424195451z1.png
I believe this is a US-only code? Not sure how PSN codes work.
You need at least 5 posts in this thread to enter
sorry, lurkers.

antibolo

Banned

sorry, lurkers.

PSN funds codes are always currency specific. You can only redeem a USD code on a US account. Unlike codes for content which usually work in any country of the given intended region.

What are the best F2P/free games for Vita, including PS Mobile?

Fat Princess: Piece of Cake - is awesome match 3. GET IT!
Montezuma Blitz - is ok but has been superseded on match 3 by Fat Princess.
Jetpack Joyride - I think is F2P now
Crazy Market - This is actually a fun phone type game
Frobisher Says - is free WarioWare type game
Toro Friend Network - Boring game unless you want to increase your friend list.

GUNS UP! - Could be good.

There has been a lot of free to play garbage out there on Vita. Beware.

What are the best F2P/free games for Vita, including PS Mobile?

I recommend:
- Destiny of Spirits
- Fat Princess: Piece of Cake
- Jetpack Joyride (don't know if it's still F2P)
- Treasures of Montezuma Blitz
- (BreakQuest: Extra Evolution, but this one is no longer F2P)

Edit: ninja'd by FriedConsole.

As for Crazy Market, I found that one pretty horrible. Only 3 lives, 20 minute regeneration time. The latter levels felt like they were made to force the player to open his wallet.

I entered. Thanks for the raffle.

I still want to buy one of those ridiculous portable Vita TV holder things. The DekaVita 7 is the name, right? Where would I order one?

Chuy

Well we don't want to talk about things that people don't want to listen to. We will definitely still talk about Vita, but pretty much everyone here owns other consoles, more specifically Sony ones since this is a PSN thread. A more broad conversation about recent news, would be a lot more interesting, Vita isn't swimming in news every week and we want to keep delivering content that is entertaining to listen to for you guys. Tackling real life topics I think would be interesting too, as gamers in general, a lot of you have interesting stuff going on in your lives, and putting it out there for the community to listen to, I think would be a cool idea.
All of that is really interesting ideas that i'd like to see implemented and i'm pretty sure everybody here would like as well. It'll be interesting to see how it goes from here though that's certain

sorry, lurkers.
Entered. Thanks :)

I love me some PSTV. Ninja Gaiden with real sticks has made a hell of a difference. Excited to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2 now.

And I guess I'll use my real og VITA for NepRe1

Any impressions of Q*Bert Rebooted yet? I'm kinda interested.

Will buy. Low expectations. If it has the original game in there I will be pretty happy. I will as always give my mostly unwanted impressions. :)

As for Crazy Market, I found that one pretty horrible. Only 3 lives, 20 minute regeneration time. The latter levels felt like they were made to force the player to open his wallet.

There was something in there where you could just pay $5 or something for unlimited plays that I paid for. Maybe it is more of a demo?

adarker

Banned
Will buy. Low expectations. If it has the original game in there I will be pretty happy. I will as always give my mostly unwanted impressions. :)

There was something in there where you could just pay $5 or something for unlimited plays that I paid for. Maybe it is more of a demo?

I bought that as well for Crazy Market because my son played it a lot. It opens the game right up.

And I enjoy the impressions you provide...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I still yell at IFI's twitter account every once in a while for no PS TV support. Even Monster Monpiece somehow has it (and it requires the touch pointer)

Are you serious? They didnt add it for the US ver? Odd considering the JP one has it...

Top Bottom