• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Flandy

I just realized that I paid $50 for a nearly 4 year old PSP game and a demo instead of Bloodborne. :l

iregretnothing

yet

RK128

Look at it this way Flandy, at least you will be playing FFXV before it comes out in 2018 :D!

Bad joke, sorry guys X(
. But I've heard good things from FF Typo-0 so at the very least, you will be getting a great game alongside a demo of a promising one :).

I just realized that I paid $50 for a nearly 4 year old PSP game and a demo instead of Bloodborne. :l

iregretnothing

yet

I'm buying FF, by then I will have finished The Order. I will trade that in, and use that value towards Bloodborne. I think both games are must buys.

Then the week before FF there is Tokyo Ghost Hunters which looks interesting too... Fuck.

SerTapTap

Ordered the Order.... just 'cause I saw someone say it was coming out Friday.
Reviews are out tomorrow, I'm waiting for that at least. Looks great but I'm sure I can wait to buy if reviews aren't glowing

I actually like reading those funny dialogues. It's just funny.
Can't see why it would offend anyone, though.

Not sure what you're referring to here--monster monpiece? The game probably has less than 10 lines I would consider funny. There are a couple self-aware lines that are great from the random generic monsters but it's mostly terrible. If it were actually really funny like Neptunia it'd be much better for it though. I guess I partially take back what I said--writing a "good story" for a card game is pretty pointless. Writing a funny/charming one would be great.

Only bought it because of GCU and the limited edition. Mostly because of the Amano art steelbook. Hope one of either the game or the demo aren't terrible but you never know with Squeen

incpdo

Anybody run with a problem on sonyrewards that doesn't let you "buy" the 10$ psn card? It keeps telling me " we cannot complete the transaction " I have 1078 points and want to change them!

deadfolk

Giveaway...

Thanks for the Giveaway!

On another note...

Folks - I've just come off of finishing P4G & P3P for a combined play time of ~150 hours. I'm ashamed to admit that because of my limited attention span, and despite my love for the genre the only other JRPG I've ever finished was Ar Tonelico which clocked in at around 60 hours, iirc.

Now I have a fear of commitment. Are these lengths typical for JRPGs or are these outliers? Can I actually play other games in the genre without tying myself up for weeks
months
?

Tohsaka

Persona 3 and 4 are both quite long, so that's not really too unusual. I don't remember how long Ar Tonelico took me, but I remember it being of a decent length, too. There are plenty of shorter games, though, as well as others that are ridiculously long like Xenoblade and Dragon Quest VIII (just mentioning ones that I remember playing for huge amounts off time).

RK128

Thanks for the Giveaway!

On another note...

Folks - I've just come off of finishing P4G & P3P for a combined play time of ~150 hours. I'm ashamed to admit that because of my limited attention span, and despite my love for the genre the only other JRPG I've ever finished was Ar Tonelico which clocked in at around 60 hours, iirc.

Now I have a fear of commitment. Are these lengths typical for JRPGs or are these outliers? Can I actually play other games in the genre without tying myself up for weeks
months
?

That is nothing man; my four-back to back playthroughs of Persona 4 Golden compounded into 200+ hours XD! I don't play JRPG's that often, so I can't give you a exact time-frame for completion, but my guess is that games of that type normally last from 40-80 hours depending on your skill and experience level.

The Persona games in your case sucked so much of your time due to how, well, engrossing their worlds are. One can't help being invested in a game world with such human-like characters :), so being invested in what happens next and pushing yourself to keep on playing is more then likely.

I guess the answer to your question is what you want out of the games; if you want to fully absorb the worlds....your in for quite a long while. But if you are just playing the game to beat the story? Most likely quite a bit shorter (30-40 hours). Hope this helps you deadfolk :).

Benedict

I've started playing FF X HD on Vita.
How do I see what weapons and armor are better than what I have equipped?
Is Tidus an annoying douche the whole game?
He has the kind of personality that aggravates me...

SerTapTap

I've started playing FF X HD on Vita.
How do I see what weapons and armor are better than what I have equipped?
Is Tidus an annoying douche the whole game?
He has the kind of personality that aggravates me...

Weapons are not like normal FF weapons. They have the skills listed and no other properties--no stats. Buy/equip them based on their skills.

Tidus is just kind of an idiot, IMO he gets somewhat better as it goes on, but it's really more like he goes in and out of being an idiot. I don't mind him as much as some people seem to though. Also as more characters come in Tidus talks slightly less in relative terms. To me, one Auron is worth a Tidus

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Poor The Order. It's pre launch week has been filled with crap. Maybe reviews will help it out. I'm buying it because of GCU. Then probably trading it in getting the FF15 demo then trading that in for Bloodborne.

Vylash

Thanks for the giveaway, Hikami!

Currently playing Sly 4 and damn, why it's so hard to find all bottles -_-
I remember the noise the bottles made in sly 2 drove me absolutely insane, took months to convince myself that there weren't any in real life

Shizuka

Kick & Fennick killed my Vita. It's been over a year since I had to restart my system by pressing the on/off button for so long.

RK128

I remember the noise the bottles made in sly 2 drove me absolutely insane, took months to convince myself that there weren't any in real life

Yah, the bottles sounds are a big part of the Sly series and they are always so fun to find :D (odd they cut them from Sly 3 though :l).

Kick & Fennick killed my Vita. It's been over a year since I had to restart my system by pressing the on/off button for so long.

That happened with Sonic Racing for me a while back (let me guess, the screen went completely black, with white text telling you to reset your system?), but nothing bad happened to the Vita after that; it still works great and all. It is a data issue I think; the Memory card got to busy or something, messing up the games data and causing it to get an error.

I finally have Killzone Mercenary!

God, does it look amazing. Makes you wonder what would it be of the Vita if Sony put his shit togheter.

SerTapTap

I finally have Killzone Mercenary!

God, does it look amazing. Makes you wonder what would it be of the Vita if Sony put his shit togheter.

Not quite on the level of KZ mercenary, but Wipeout 2048, Uncharted and Freedom Wars all look great. Gravity Rush too if not for all the fog. Plenty of Vita games have been lookers--it's a shame there hasn't been more effort on it, but it's not like it's totally unused either. I'm honestly not sure what could have been done about it because "no games" is patently false, if anything there's more "console like" exclusives on Vita than PSP

Shinriji

PS4 is such a POS hardware. Was playing GGXRD and it turn it off by itself, and when I turn it one again, it stucked in the safe mode death loop. I was afraid that it bricked, but it eventually restored itself. As a punishment, it wiped out all my HD.

I had to download everything again and the plus saves was some days ago, and I lost a lot of GG progress (fuck the MOM mode and the 1mil World Dollars trophy).

deadfolk

Poor The Order. It's pre launch week has been filled with crap. Maybe reviews will help it out. I'm buying it because of GCU. Then probably trading it in getting the FF15 demo then trading that in for Bloodborne.

Still trying to decide whether to preorder. Can't even trade it, as I'll have to get it digitally.

Not quite on the level of KZ mercenary, but Wipeout 2048, Uncharted and Freedom Wars all look great. Gravity Rush too if not for all the fog. Plenty of Vita games have been lookers--it's a shame there hasn't been more effort on it, but it's not like it's totally unused either. I'm honestly not sure what could have been done about it because "no games" is patently false, if anything there's more "console like" exclusives on Vita than PSP

Well that's truth, I only meant it because of budget for a game like this. Freedom Wars looked great, but not as great and is a 2014 game, while KZ is a 2013 game. So I wonder if they would have been able to push the hardware some more. Not because of "no games", since I've got lots of games fot the Vita and I love it.

SerTapTap

PS4 is such a POS hardware. Was playing GGXRD and it turn it off by itself, and when I turn it one again, it stucked in the safe mode death loop. I was afraid that it bricked, but it eventually restored itself. As a punishment, it wiped out all my HD.

Never had that happen, is that an Xrd cash issue or something? I think I can wait to play it if so. Only issues I've had on PS4 are LBP3 pre-patch and Binding of Isaac which is just classic Nicalis programming

Well that's truth, I only meant it because of budget for a game like this. Freedom Wars looked great, but not as great and is a 2014 game, while KZ is a 2013 game. So I wonder if they would have been able to push the hardware some more. Not because of "no games", since I've got lots of games fot the Vita and I love it.

Yeah, them trying to push it more would be nice. We're sort of past the point where I can blame them though, sales probably aren't worth it. The lack of marketing and poorly managed store/compatibility, now that's pretty egregious regardless. On the plus side I don't think they'll end support for years since indies and small/mid size Japanese studios seem plenty happy to support Vita regardless of Sony's marketing/first party support.

Omega Force games look nice too. Also Rayman

deanote666

Been playing Soul Sacrifice Delta and doing the "Age of..." pacts to grind for offerings and get some of the trophies. Is there a guide that shows the unlock requirements for pacts? In "Age of Intrigue" I have one blacked out pact and in "Age of Escape" there's a few that won't unlock. Any help would be much appreciated!

Shinriji

Never had that happen, is that an Xrd cash issue or something? I think I can wait to play it if so.

No. If you search safe mode death loop, you will find several reports with different game and firmware combos with this problem. In fact, my friend told me the solution for this (unplug the energy cable), because it already happened with him, so it is not a singular ocurrence. The thing is that it wiped out my HD, and not from him.

SerTapTap

I never actually started Kick & Fennick thanks to Dangan Ronpa and Neptunia, is it good?

BTW, found a used collector's edition of Demon Gaze, outside box is a bit warped, but it's complete in box--$55, worth it? I can't really find the game for less than $40 anyway, the artbook/OST good?

antibolo

Banned
I never actually started Kick & Fennick thanks to Dangan Ronpa and Neptunia, is it good?

BTW, found a used collector's edition of Demon Gaze, outside box is a bit warped, but it's complete in box--$55, worth it? I can't really find the game for less than $40 anyway, the artbook/OST good?

I would love to own the OST disc from that LE. Don't care about the rest.

Toki767

Telltale Collection will most assuredly be 50% off in that sale.

Edit: Nevermind, it's 60% off for PS+. $44 is s steal if you don't own any of them.

Prices are live if you go to the individual game page.

DA: Inquisition - $36
Dangonronpa - $20
Danganronpa 2 - $24
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - $14
Diablo 3 - $33
Tales of Xillia - $12
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - $36
South Park - $15
Far Cry 4 - $36
Wolfenstein - $24
Shadow of Mordor - $25
Destiny - $39.59 (lol)
The Wolf Among Us - $7.49 (PS3 version only. Boo.)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - $39.59
Child of Light - $6

Someone feel free to make a thread.

Khronico

Yo everyone get Gladiator Begins when the sale drops, it's a really fun brawler rpg. I played a TON of the demo back when I owned a PSP, will grab it now for my vita.

SerTapTap

Hohokum is on sale too!

hohokum-conan.gif

Top Bottom