• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

ZeroAKA

Check your PMs :)
I'll add you in a bit. :)

I think VitaGAF might appreciate this:
Mgu5PYU.jpg

Edit: Lol, I didn't even notice the Xbone photobomb until just now.

antibolo

Banned
Oh, new DLC songs for Project Diva F 2nd are up on the Store.

Welp, time to unsubscribe from the game's OT, before I get pissed off again at high level players bragging about how quickly they perfected the new songs at Extreme, and calling them "simple" or "easy".

Tizoc

Well I just beat Brandish this game was a blast and dat final boss yowza.
Seriously get in on dat ish it is one of the best adventure games I've played in years.

autoduelist

PS4 is such a POS hardware. Was playing GGXRD and it turn it off by itself, and when I turn it one again, it stucked in the safe mode death loop. I was afraid that it bricked, but it eventually restored itself. As a punishment, it wiped out all my HD.

I had to download everything again and the plus saves was some days ago, and I lost a lot of GG progress (fuck the MOM mode and the 1mil World Dollars trophy).

I realize you're having an issue, which sucks, but plenty of us have had the hardware for over a year with no issues whatsoever. There will always be outliers that have bad issues, it's hardly a condemnation of the hardware as a whole. Heck, the fact that your ps4 was able to auto-correct a death loop is actually pretty impressive.

Yo everyone get Gladiator Begins when the sale drops, it's a really fun brawler rpg. I played a TON of the demo back when I owned a PSP, will grab it now for my vita.

Seconded! Gladiator Begins is amazing. I broke down and bought that full price because I never thought it would go on sale, and since then it's had a price reduction and more... so it's even more worth it.

You fight in an arena, with tons of stats to improve and more armor/weapons than you can throw a stick at. Armor gets knocked off if it gets hit enough, your weapons and armor affect your playstyle... it's just a great little game. Even though I've beat it, it'll never leave my Vita because I'm too likely to play it through again.
--------------------

Holy crap is that Telltale PS4 collection tempting. I've played maybe 10 minutes of TWS S1 on my ps3 before getting bored, but in theory I love TWD (comics, show), love Borderlands, love Game of Thrones, and enjoyed the few issues I've read of the Fables comic. So... um. Damn.

I have NO interest in spending $44 today... but damn. I don't know. That deal may be too good to pass up. It's insanely good.

bobohoro

Highlights from the sale: Danganronpa, Danganronpa 2, Virtue's Last Reward and Muramasa Rebirth Complete Collection.

Everyone should buy all of those games. Especially Muramasa gets way too little recognition. Such a beautiful, slightly extremly repetitive, game, and the DLC is quite amazing.

SerTapTap

There's yet another sale, some publisher? I never heard of. Bonud by Flame, Contrast, Styx Master of Shadows. I've heard good things about Styx but otherwise it's not super impressive. Contrast is alright, good idea, flawed execution, okay puzzle game. Worth the $3.50 if you're willing to gamble on some artsy crap that doesn't quite succeed but isn't terrible.

Oh and of course there's Farming Simulator I'm sure you all like that

SerTapTap

Muramasa comes with all the DLC?

The complete collection is game + all DLC, Legends Collection is all DLC. Individual DLC isn't discounted but that doesn't matter if you don't have any--the legends collection/full game is cheaper

Have any of you guys been able to redeem the code for The Order dynamic theme they gave away for "exploring" their website a while ago?

No, I just sent myself a note to activate it when the game's actually out. Poor idea for them to give out codes you can't immediately use though

I'll add you in a bit. :)

I think VitaGAF might appreciate this:

Edit: Lol, I didn't even notice the Xbone photobomb until just now.

Alright, here you go I've done my part too!

Now to the more somber news... Again. And I do apologize in advance. As it is, with the content re-branding, NormalFish feels he's not well suited to the topics, and has decided to officially leave the Vita Means show as a permanent host. That leaves only me, and the new acquisition to the team, RK128.

My question now is this, since the whole cast is now gone, and with my idea of rebranding the content of the show, is it worth it to keep it around for you guys? I mean, don't get me wrong I loved doing it, but technically I am the only person that you've listened to before that is left... I also apologize to you RK, since I had just gotten the details sorted out with you, but don't think we can go anywhere for now.

Again, I am sorry VitaGaf, and as much as it pains me, I had hoped for a better outcome for the show, but at this point I will have to put this project on a standby.

Takao

Banned
did deadman's cross really just pull a phone game on me and download more data in-game
i think destiny of spirits did that too
ugh

dc runs on unity which is probably why the vita version exists

Tizoc

So sony's got a new 'buy for $100, get $15 back' promo for this week this is a good opportunity to get Brandish!

antibolo

Banned
Oh snap, all Shin Megami Tensei games are currently on sale!

I've been meaning to pick up all Persona games due to the Persona 5 hype, so I was looking forward to this! Based Atlus and their constant sales.

Anybody run with a problem on sonyrewards that doesn't let you "buy" the 10$ psn card? It keeps telling me " we cannot complete the transaction " I have 1078 points and want to change them!

be careful, i had the same issue.
i tried two different cc's and the second one worked but i never got the PSN $. so i grabbed a card from the store.
later that month i check my cc statement and they charged me the money. it was a hassle to get it refunded.
i had to basically call amex and do a charge back.

Oh snap, all Shin Megami Tensei games are currently on sale!

Everyone go and buy Persona 3 (FES or Portable, choose you console preference PS3 or PSP/Vita) and Persona 4 (the original or Golden, again take your pick). If you like those, go back and revisit 2, both Persona 2 games are great although they do feel old. Persona 1 is probably the hardest one to play, but it is a great game nonetheless.

Saphirax

Been playing Soul Sacrifice Delta and doing the "Age of..." pacts to grind for offerings and get some of the trophies. Is there a guide that shows the unlock requirements for pacts? In "Age of Intrigue" I have one blacked out pact and in "Age of Escape" there's a few that won't unlock. Any help would be much appreciated!

If it's what I think it is, you just need to redo the pact above the blacked out ones and make a different choice (so if you sacrificed a boss, you need to save it). Whenever you see such pacts you basically need to do the pact before that one twice.

Producer

Everyone go and buy Persona 3 (FES or Portable, choose you console preference PS3 or PSP/Vita) and Persona 4 (the original or Golden, again take your pick). If you like those, go back and revisit 2, both Persona 2 games are great although they do feel old. Persona 1 is probably the hardest one to play, but it is a great game nonetheless.

everyones first p3 playthrough should be FES imo. The cutscenes add alot to the important scenes of the game. Removing them in P3P was a big compromise.

everyones first p3 playthrough should be FES imo. The cutscenes add alot to the important scenes of the game. Removing them in P3P was a big compromise.

Although I would have to agree, I played P3P the first time around and it wasn't so bad. Sure, FES actually lets you see the scenes, but the fact that you can control your party on the PSP version, as well as being able to replay the game as a female protagonist
that isn't cannon
is an awesome addition. Really, each other's pros outweigh each other's cons. I'd say pick your preferred system, and play the game there.

Yasumi

Banned
Has anyone here played XBlaze Code: Embryo? Is it any good? Worth $20?
It's pretty good. Think a visual novel with dynamic scenes that change perspective and have motion. If you set it to auto advance, it's pretty much like watching an anime. My only irk is that the main character is a total wuss for most of the game.

autoduelist

Are those Hakuoki games VNs? Or...?

be careful, i had the same issue.
i tried two different cc's and the second one worked but i never got the PSN $. so i grabbed a card from the store.
later that month i check my cc statement and they charged me the money. it was a hassle to get it refunded.
i had to basically call amex and do a charge back.

The codes have always been on the 'receipt' page as soon as the payment processed for me -- I'm talking, instantly available, right there under the line item of what you bought. It's easy to miss, but it's always been there for me.

Top Bottom