• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

batrush

I wouldn't recommend playing P3P before FES at all. The gameplay improvements are welcome, but overall it's a really poor way to experience the story and character interactions. Some scenes leave a completely different impression in FES.

ZeroAKA

I wouldn't recommend playing P3P before FES at all. The gameplay improvements are welcome, but overall it's a really poor way to experience the story and character interactions. Some scenes leave a completely different impression in FES.
I agree. It might be a good idea to play through FES first and then FeMC in P3P if you have time to play both games.

Shizuka

Got to a standstill on Kick & Fennick, might as well stop playing it now. Started Rogue Legacy, but I'm not in the mood for that kind of game.

Flunkie

Banned
Time to test these babies out while I finish up the last chapters of Gravity Rush.

Csyu9BT.jpg

Takao

Banned
Hmm have aliens secretly replaced SCEA management ?

They seem to show some minimal effort trying to push Vita Tv in States recently

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=994052

minimal effort would be getting some apps

this seems like best buy were suckered into a product no one wants and are attaching it to one people want

Are those Hakuoki games VNs? Or...?

Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (PSP/PS3) is a visual novel. Warriors of the Shinsegumi is a Dynasty Warriors clone.

I liked Danganronpa, Ace Attorney, and 999/VLR.
Is it similar to these?

I haven't played Ace Attorney, and only played the demo of VLR - but I'd say it's not like any of them so much.

It's almost pure VN; there's no choices, moving on your own, or prompts/mystery/items - the only way you can change the story is by reading the articles that pop up on your TOi.

If you're on the fence, you should take a look at my review - it's spoiler free.

http://thevitalounge.net/xblaze-code-embryo/

adarker

Banned
I picked up Q*Bert Rebooted, played it on PS4. It's not earth shattering but the new control scheme is kinda fun. Well worth the $6.99.

Shizuka

Does anyone want to play vanilla Soul Sacrifice with me? I need to get the multiplayer trophies out of the way before they cut online from the game.
I think you can get them if you use ad-hoc, but I still want to play online anyway.

wilflare

I've seen a lot of people use that Nyko grip thing, is it comfortable?
Been interested in getting one but, from how it looks it doesn't seem comfortable..

I have one too - it's pretty okay actually. doesn't feel that awkward

---
why aren't the Muramasa DLC on sale separately

Flunkie

Banned
I've seen a lot of people use that Nyko grip thing, is it comfortable?
Been interested in getting one but, from how it looks it doesn't seem comfortable..

Not only does it make it more comfortable for long play sessions, it extends the battery a ton. I have pretty big hands though, so ymmv.

First impressions of the sticks are they stick up way too much and block d-pad down an X unless you change your grip. Will try with Freedom Wars and Killzone next... which is actually what I got them for.

deanote666

If it's what I think it is, you just need to redo the pact above the blacked out ones and make a different choice (so if you sacrificed a boss, you need to save it). Whenever you see such pacts you basically need to do the pact before that one twice.

Thank you for replying! Unfortunately the ones I'm stuck on are stand alone or the first in the series of what you're talking about. The first one is in Age of Intrigue and it's "Swaying Serpentine Seabottom" and in Age of Escape it's the pact after Moon Bird Shines.

SerTapTap

Does anyone want to play vanilla Soul Sacrifice with me? I need to get the multiplayer trophies out of the way before they cut online from the game.
I think you can get them if you use ad-hoc, but I still want to play online anyway.

You can actually get them via ad hoc playing solo, one of the least awful implementations of the most awful sort of trophies, I guess.

Flunkie

Banned
damn double posts

so I'll take this opportunity to say Gladiator Begins for $4 what

put Brandish at that and I'll buy!

muhahaha

Saphirax

Thank you for replying! Unfortunately the ones I'm stuck on are stand alone or the first in the series of what you're talking about. The first one is in Age of Intrigue and it's "Swaying Serpentine Seabottom" and in Age of Escape it's the pact after Moon Bird Shines.

Ah, those should unlock as you progress in the story.

http://fi.rdn.io/file/flamingpandaomg-20140407T061935-l3segtb.gif[img]

It was so close.[/QUOTE]

Although I feel your pain, I have said it before and I will say it again, it was the smartest move for them in terms of sales. March and April are way to cluttered, people would end up skipping the game at launch.

I picked up the LE for this since they changed the date, there's nothing announced yet releasing in June so it'll be perfect. :P My next Vita purchase will most likely be Tokyo Ghost Hunters. It looks so different, that I am going to have to try it. Plus it's a VN with romancing elements and ghost busting. Like, what is there not to like LOL.

ryseing

From /r/ps4. http://i.imgur.com/HXv4EU4.jpg

Fuck it, I'm in. $65 for the game and $20 in PSN monies is too good of a deal.

Alright, here you go I've done my part too!

Now to the more somber news... Again. And I do apologize in advance. As it is, with the content re-branding, NormalFish feels he's not well suited to the topics, and has decided to officially leave the Vita Means show as a permanent host. That leaves only me, and the new acquisition to the team, RK128.

My question now is this, since the whole cast is now gone, and with my idea of rebranding the content of the show, is it worth it to keep it around for you guys? I mean, don't get me wrong I loved doing it, but technically I am the only person that you've listened to before that is left... I also apologize to you RK, since I had just gotten the details sorted out with you, but don't think we can go anywhere for now.

Again, I am sorry VitaGaf, and as much as it pains me, I had hoped for a better outcome for the show, but at this point I will have to put this project on a standby.

I really like your new ideas about the topics, and the new ones seem they might fit my interests a bit more. PM me if you want a third.

Edit- also, would PSN/Vita Gaf be interested in a daily Trivia Crack game? I do it with another community I participate in, and it's quite fun.

SerTapTap

From /r/ps4. http://i.imgur.com/HXv4EU4.jpg

Fuck it, I'm in. $65 for the game and $20 in PSN monies is too good of a deal.

Cool promo, it'd be nice if instead of preorder DLC/etc more things did ~10% discount for preorder or day/week one purchasing. Not so much as to "force" you to preorder but just a little bonus if you wanted to buy it anyway.

Still waiting on them reviews though

Now to the more somber news... Again. And I do apologize in advance. As it is, with the content re-branding, NormalFish feels he's not well suited to the topics, and has decided to officially leave the Vita Means show as a permanent host. That leaves only me, and the new acquisition to the team, RK128.

I kind of want to help, and I do youtube stuff, but I don't know how good I'd be on a podcast discussion sort of thing. Despite my abundance of posts I'm very shy in most situations

Tohsaka

Would be nice if NISA released one of the games they're announcing on Thursday in April to make up for the 2 month delay on Operation Abyss, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Shizuka

Would be nice if NISA released one of the games they're announcing on Thursday in April to make up for the 2 month delay on Operation Abyss, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Only if it was a DD-only game, even in that case, they announce with a lot of time in advance.

autoduelist

Just bought this. Been waiting on a sale since PSP. So happy right now.

This sale was a 'kick me in the face' sale in that regard. Over the last two years I've occasionally picked up a wishlist PSP at full price that I never thought would go on sale (Gladiator Begins and Ragnarok Tactics, for example) and this sale hurts to see. At least Elminage isn't on sale, as that's the last one I did this for.

ascii42

Deadman's Cross says "A wi-fi connection is recommended for downloading"

I'm assuming that's leftover from the phone version, since it's not like anyone remembers that the Vita had 3G equipped models.

Is this the best thread to ask for help in regarding PSN access? (I have PS+)

When signing in on the web I get kicked out immediately with "Sign In Failed. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Support." Firefox, bare-bones Chrome and IE all do the same thing.

When I try to access the PS Storefront from my PS4 I get "an error has occurred"--and no error code.

I've found various threads scattered around the web but no one has ever checked back in with a solution. 20 minutes on hold and the Sony rep said "we're busy, try again later." I've been trying for 4 days now...

That makes no sense as to why I would be able to log in on the web, and then get kicked out. He also told me to "get my ISP to open some ports for me".

Jesus. Anyone have any sane advice? The PS4 network test comes back with "successful" for everything, and NAT2.

I used to be able to access the store last week. I'm pretty sure Sony didn't up and change all the port number they operate on in that time...nor is that relevant for the web.

Sooooo frustrating. The little time I have to game this evening has now been spent begging you all for help.

Help?

Is this the best thread to ask for help in regarding PSN access? (I have PS+)

When signing in on the web I get kicked out immediately with "Sign In Failed. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Support." Firefox, bare-bones Chrome and IE all do the same thing.

-snip-

Help?

Have you tried clearing your cookies? If I have an invalid session in cookies, it won't let me re-sign in either.

Top left corner (the three bars next to the Youtube logo).

Sweet. Thanks.

What's the new control scheme? I'm interested in getting this since it's triple cross buy :)

It threw me off for a second (so did the normal control scheme in the arcade version that's included, though), but it just makes more sense with left-right-up-down spatial awareness and navigation. Hard to explain exactly, but you're going in the direction you're pressing basically and it's more intuitive.

I don't know about the PS4 version, but the load times seem a bit too often and long on the Vita version. I still like it, but it's worth knowing. I hope they can improve it with a patch or two down the line.

Chuy

So the current sale is enticing enough for me to consider spending my final $10 psn credit on. Should i bite or continue to hold out for better sales? Recent sales have absolutely wrecked my wallet D:

Thanks, but no dice--none of those suggestions worked. Any other ideas?

No one else having (had?) this problem?
Try a different browser

Try a different browser

Firefox, bare-bones Chrome and IE all do the same thing.

I have. My PS4 won't connect either. I suspect this is bigger than cookies...

Perhaps I should mention that even when I could log in via my PS4 it never showed my PS+ as active, yet I could use the web to add things to my cart, and then they became available.

Is there some secret way to contact Sony support and get more than an overworked phone jockey reading from a script?

Top Bottom