• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

I have. My PS4 won't connect either. I suspect this is bigger than cookies...

Perhaps I should mention that even when I could log in via my PS4 it never showed my PS+ as active, yet I could use the web to add things to my cart, and then they became available.

Is there some secret way to contact Sony support and get more than an overworked phone jockey reading from a script?

Do you have access to your router? You might want to try switching to Google's DNS.

Maybe your ISP's DNS is garbage.

Do you have access to your router? You might want to try switching to Google's DNS.

Maybe your ISP's DNS is garbage.

Wouldn't really explain being able to log in via the web and then getting kicked out after a random (short) period of time, but a plausible if somewhat unlikely possibility you've raised here. Will try setting it manually in the PS4. Thanks.

antibolo

Banned
Oh, new DLC songs for Project Diva F 2nd are up on the Store.

Welp, time to unsubscribe from the game's OT, before I get pissed off again at high level players bragging about how quickly they perfected the new songs at Extreme, and calling them "simple" or "easy".

Quoting myself because meh, turns out I just perfected them myself lol

Although I feel your pain, I have said it before and I will say it again, it was the smartest move for them in terms of sales. March and April are way to cluttered, people would end up skipping the game at launch.

Yeah, June is much more preferable for me too. A lot is coming out in April/May so my wallet will at least get a bit of a break.

Ventara

Everyone here should get Child of Light. It's a really good game. Great battle system, music, art style and story. Maybe a bit short for an RPG (~20 hours), though I prefer this kind of length. It's an easy 100% too.

Gxgear

Can someone tell me if Muramasa Rebirth Genroku Legends Collection is standalone or DLC? It's categorized as game in the store so I'm a little confused.

Producer

By clearing, you mean a Standard or an Excellent?

Excellent, got like 3-4 safes iirc.

I hate having songs on standard, i always try to have excellent, if i feel im not going to reach it i just restart.

Can someone tell me if Muramasa Rebirth Genroku Legends Collection is standalone or DLC? It's categorized as game in the store so I'm a little confused.

It has all 4 DLC packs. So you would need the base game. You can buy the game + the dlc bundle in one pack for $17.50

antibolo

Banned
Excellent, got like 3-4 safes iirc.

I hate having songs on standard, i always try to have excellent, if i feel im not going to reach it i just restart.

OK, thanks for making me feel like shit.

Maybe you should consider how insulting it can be for intermediate level players to hear high level players dismiss a high-tier Extreme song with crazy insane chains as "not too bad".

You're exactly what I was talking about in that post I self-quoted.

Producer

OK, thanks for making me feel like shit.

Maybe you should consider how insulting it can be for intermediate level players to hear high level players dismiss a high-tier Extreme song with crazy insane chains as "not too bad".

You're exactly what I was talking about in that post I self-quoted.

Lol i really didnt mean to come off that way, my bad.

I dont consider myself a high level player either. Just been playing them since the psp titles so i guess its a bit easier for me to get used to it, though F 2nd does considerably ramp up the difficulty. I have trouble with a good amount of songs on expert too.

antibolo

Banned
Lol i really didnt mean to come off that way, my bad.

I dont consider myself a high level player either. Just been playing them since the psp titles so i guess its a bit easier for me to get used to it, though F 2nd does considerably ramp up the difficulty. I have trouble with a good amount of songs on expert too.

Look, if you can almost-perfect that song on your second try like it was nothing then you have clearly no business claiming that you're not a high level player. I'm not even sure I'll ever be able to pull off some of the fast strings in that "not too bad" song.

antibolo

Banned
i've heard PDF2 is ridiculously hard compared to 1

Maybe not "ridiculously", but the sequel does throw more tricky stuff at you at lower difficulties. Normal and Hard feels like it assumes that you've already played through the equivalent difficulty level in the previous game. If you haven't, it will feel a bit harsh.

Tizoc

damn double posts

so I'll take this opportunity to say Gladiator Begins for $4 what

put Brandish at that and I'll buy!

muhahaha

Being an XSEED PSP game game don't expect to see it on sale any time soon, just buy it.
I just beat the main story at 15 hours and I am now playing through its other story mode. It's already paying off for its $20 price point.

Is there a thread made for the Sony promo yet or not?

pariah164

So, playing the Lego Movie game...

I am horribly lost, as expected. Guess I'll have to try and actually see the movie at some point.

Producer

Look, if you can almost-perfect that song on your second try like it was nothing then you have clearly no business claiming that you're not a high level player. I'm not even sure I'll ever be able to pull off some of the fast strings in that song.

Well it helps that i had already played rolling girl in Extend. They switched some notes around but alot of it is generally the same, so i knew when to expect the fast strings.

Have you tried double tapping? its really useful to learn, even essential i'd say in extreme for certain songs.

antibolo

Banned
Well it helps that i had already played rolling girl in Extend. They switched some notes around but alot of it is generally the same, so i knew when to expect the fast strings.

Have you tried double tapping? its really useful to learn, even essential i'd say in extreme for certain songs.

Yes I know about double tapping, I'm aware that it's a necessary skill for high level play. I'm getting used to it but I still have a long way to go, those fast strings in Rolling Girl just aren't doable for me yet.

autoduelist

I'm absolutely terrible at all rhythm games to the point of being obnoxiously bad. I'm not insulted by others thinking they're easy though; not every genre is for every player, and I'm perfectly content being good at the genres I'm good at.

I'm bad at fighting games too; I think my mind just doesn't process/memorize patterns too well, and prefers dealing with more chaotic situations like, for example, dual stick shooters or rougelikes.

wilflare

play the other twelve games you just bought on sale :)

I bought it Flunkie

anyone played these on PS4?
- The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
- The Walking Dead: Season Two
- The Wolf Among Us
- Tales from the Borderlands (Episode 1 available now, Episodes 2-5 to be released periodically)
- Game of Thrones – A Telltale Games Series (Episode 1 available now, Episodes 2-6 to be released periodically)

Tizoc

I bought it Flunkie

- The Wolf Among Us
- Tales from the Borderlands (Episode 1 available now, Episodes 2-5 to be released periodically)
- Game of Thrones – A Telltale Games Series (Episode 1 available now, Episodes 2-6 to be released periodically)
Ps4 versions should run fine.
You dont have any of these games on steam tho?

redcrayon

After finishing Suikoden last week, I've dived straight into Suikoden II, carrying my file over. I'm loving seeing some of my favourites from the first one return already, If I'd have been able to play them on release, I would have been so happy to see stuff like that.

The army battles add a real sense of epic drama to a genre that often has world-changing events in the background while the conflict on screen focuses on the personal. Here you get the best of both. The stories of both games are great at dragging the cast in and giving them a reason to fight, but Suikoden II feels particularly good after the first one, the world a little better explained, and the reason to oppose the antagonist given more than a few lines of text. Both games are great at giving your party a reason to get moving though, and I love the way the towns each have their own design and character.

I think this is the best £8-worth of JRPGs I've ever played.

I bought it Flunkie

- The Wolf Among Us

I played the ones I bolded. I absolutely loved TftB, GoT was alright, nothing like the show but the lore is in there, the characters are in there, it's a nice bridge to fill the gap between seasons for the show. It saddens me that GoT has already 2 episodes out, meanwhile TftB only has 1 even though it came out before... I hope they release episode 2 soon.

Alright, here you go I've done my part too!

Now to the more somber news... Again. And I do apologize in advance. As it is, with the content re-branding, NormalFish feels he's not well suited to the topics, and has decided to officially leave the Vita Means show as a permanent host. That leaves only me, and the new acquisition to the team, RK128.

My question now is this, since the whole cast is now gone, and with my idea of rebranding the content of the show, is it worth it to keep it around for you guys? I mean, don't get me wrong I loved doing it, but technically I am the only person that you've listened to before that is left... I also apologize to you RK, since I had just gotten the details sorted out with you, but don't think we can go anywhere for now.

Again, I am sorry VitaGaf, and as much as it pains me, I had hoped for a better outcome for the show, but at this point I will have to put this project on a standby.

If you rebrand it will become "just" another gaming podcast for me. It might get more listeners though.

FDC1

There is a €89.99 LBP costume on the French store in this week update. I suppose it's just a typo but that made me laugh.

wilflare

Ps4 versions should run fine.
You dont have any of these games on steam tho?

only have The Walking Dead on Steam. I think
not a super fan of Telltale but at the price I don't think I mind playing on PS4/Vita

but how's the performance is the key heh

Hey SCEE remembered Vita's birthday with a nice free theme (+ sale)!

4PHwr1Q.jpg
cCLymyt.jpg
LdXyQ26.jpg
dgkKn6x.jpg
urFGTFb.jpg

Happy 3rd birthday Vita! <3

I think I'll get

Dustforce (port is not very good but the game is amazing and 2€ is too good)
Killzone Mercenary
Toro PS4 theme

What's the upgrade for Killzone SF? Upgrade from what?

Killzone Shadow Fall
Was £34.99/€39.99, now £15.99/€19.99
10% additional PS Plus discount

Killzone Shadow Fall (upgrade)
Was £24.99/€29.99, now £11.99/€14.99
10% additional PS Plus discount

_hekk05

Banned
I think I'll get

Dustforce (port is not very good but the game is amazing and 2€ is too good)
Killzone Mercenary
Toro PS4 theme

What's the upgrade for Killzone SF? Upgrade from what?

huh? Is the toro theme available in US/EU?

I thought it was only available in JP. Felt so happy getting mine after buying jp credit

SerTapTap

Different regions with different releases still happening is ridiculous. EU gets Toro theme first? I guess at least I can wait now since it should show up for the US.

Have Sony ever said why they don't use Toro in the US? He's not really "that" anime looking and the US loves cats and cartoons

Top Bottom