• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

bobawesome

At last. It turns out I just needed to eat some chicken:

B-K0-HHCQAAqg13.jpg:medium

50+ hours well spent. I'll get around to polishing off Muramasa: Rebirth now.

SerTapTap

Hah, look at all these guys, grinding trophies for platinum. HAH. *hides spare Vita running the stupid Stella minigame in Nep Reb 2 for platinum*

New Namco will localize it. New Namco is best Namco.

I really hope so. What finally made them realize people actually buy their games? Swordart?

Shizuka

If it helps, my PSN ID is also completely unrelated to my nickname. I bet some people must've deleted me by now because of that.

SerTapTap

Good news, Sorcery Saga works on PS TV (well, I didn't know that anyway) and everything is cute

If it helps, my PSN ID is also completely unrelated to my nickname. I bet some people must've deleted me by now because of that.

Unfortunately so is mine. I just kind of don't bother too much with that whole mess, I prefer to arrange play sessions on Steam anyway. Name changes/cosmetic names and a non-garbage message system would be sweet though

antibolo

Banned
I never care about trophies but I guess I'll try to platinum Project Diva F 2nd since I got all these millions of unused Diva Points from just playing the rhythm game without caring about any unlockables other than the costumes. I don't think I even touched the Diva Room yet, it seemed so pointless in the previous game.

Flunkie

Banned

PSN needs a nickname feature like Steam because I don't know who half the people on my friends list is

in other news, add me, my name totally IS the same! Flunkie44

incpdo

I'm a new ps3 user as I bought one just 2 weeks ago. Any game besides the obvious last of us , god of war and uncharted that you can recommend? I'm a sucker for indie platformers or just platformers in general.

Edit: I'll never abandon my vita tho

I'm a new ps3 user as I bought one just 2 weeks ago. Any game besides the obvious last of us , god of war and uncharted that you can recommend? I'm a sucker for indie platformers or just platformers in general.

Not a platformer, but you should play Heavy Rain.

Everyone should.

ZeroAKA

I never care about trophies but I guess I'll try to platinum Project Diva F 2nd since I got all these millions of unused Diva Points from just playing the rhythm game without caring about any unlockables other than the costumes. I don't think I even touched the Diva Room yet, it seemed so pointless in the previous game.
You'll have to spend a lot more time in the Diva Room in PDF 2nd than in PDf if you want the platinum.

Tapejara

Rayman Legends and the Sly games if you haven't already played them before.

Also, not platformer but I recommend every PS3 try and track down a copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Not a platformer, but you should play Heavy Rain.

Everyone should.

Heavy Rain doesn't really have the same impact it did around its release. Beyond Two Souls is better in every way.

Benedict

You have any other consoles?
EU or US?
Big sale in EU now where you can get some great games cheap, for example Catherine and Bionic Commando Rearmed.

Murray97

Have you had a look at Catherine? I haven't played it but I've heard good things, its on sale currently as well.

Edit: Apparently the sale is only on the EU store.

I was going to grind whatever School Mode is called in Danganronpa 2, but I gave up pretty quickly. I was really into School Mode for Danganronpa 1, too, so idk. I'll eventually Plat it.

I highly recommend Rochard, such a good game :)

Edit: why can't I play this great game on my vita.

Chuy

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

I'd honestly recommend the Kingdom Hearts Collections if you've never played the series before.

RK128

Have you ever played the Ratchet & Clank series? If not...then you have a lot of games to pick up :D! Get the HD Collection (R&C, Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal), the Future games (Tools of Destruction, Quest of Booty, A Crack in Time) and the last PS3 game in the series (Into the Nexus). All are fantastic and fun platformers that will be some of the best games you play on the PS3 :).

Producer

Rayman games are great. 1080p60 too. The Ratchet and Clank Future games are also decent but not exactly pure platformers.

the LBP games are garbage platformer-wise so i suggest you avoid those.

SerTapTap

I was going to grind whatever School Mode is called in Danganronpa 2, but I gave up pretty quickly. I was really into School Mode for Danganronpa 1, too, so idk. I'll eventually Plat it.

How long does the plat take in those two after done with the main game? I didn't bother with much of the extras yet and I seem very bad at gifts

pariah164

What a sad week was the last one, my mother died because of a late found and not well cured lung cancer(she didn't even smoke) :'(

Let's not think about it.

I used a little the android tablet i bought for her and i was initially sucked into Marvel Puzzle Quest because i like good drawings and Marvel characters(=Xmen) and i liked the few other games i tried, but then i realized how poor they were and that was not the kind the gaming i want.
Really surprised that it's not possible to download apps directly on the sd... i mean, really Google?

Changing subject i don't really know a lot about Digimon Cyber Sleuth characters and story, so maybe i'm wrong, but the latest scan that shows the evolutions of the Eater has probably a major spoiler.
Late since I was out, but I am so terribly sorry for your loss. My condolences. If you need anything from me or VitaGAF as a whole, don't hesitate to ask.

Tapejara

Edit: just saw 2+2=5's post. My condolences.

I'm totally serious. Better voice acting, better writing, better gameplay. I loved the fragmented storytelling.

i honestly liked Heavy Rain more, but Beyond Two Souls was still amazing, also easily the best looking PS3 game hands down

I wish Heavy Rain's plot hadn't been spoiled for me a week before release. I'd probably have a different opinion of the game.

I highly recommend Rochard, such a good game :)

Edit: why can't I play this great game on my vita.

I forgot about this game. I remember enjoying it quite a bit. Did it end on a cliffhanger?

bobawesome

How long does the plat take in those two after done with the main game? I didn't bother with much of the extras yet and I seem very bad at gifts

I'd say School Mode took me probably...9-10 hours to fully complete in Danganronpa 1? I could be off since I haven't really touched it since last February.

Danganronpa 2 will take a bit more time since there's an additional minigame that unlocks after beating the game and it's kind of terrible. Haven't gotten around to the other stuff yet. I'm too scared (read: lazy) to return.

SerTapTap

I still need to play Heavy Rain. I rather enjoyed Beyond Two Souls for what it was, though a few things (Teen Angst™ featuring the Popular Kids Party®) were terrible. Also it needs that rumored PS4 remaster--lovely game aliased all to hell in some ways. And that desert framerate.

11/10 I love this game already

Press copy? Does IFI deal with youtubers?

I'd say School Mode took me probably...9-10 hours to fully complete in Danganronpa 1? I could be off since I haven't really touched it since last February.

Oh shit I quit. Is it actually fun? It didn't especially seem like it but I only did a couple tutorial rounds worth of crafting

I bought it Flunkie

anyone played these on PS4?
- The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
- The Walking Dead: Season Two
- The Wolf Among Us
- Tales from the Borderlands (Episode 1 available now, Episodes 2-5 to be released periodically)
- Game of Thrones – A Telltale Games Series (Episode 1 available now, Episodes 2-6 to be released periodically)

Bought these 2, although I only started the first. They run well, but like most Telltale games they're a bit rough around the edges. But the first has a fantastic and touching story. Would recommend, especially if you're familiar with the comics/show.

Vylash

I still need to play Heavy Rain. I rather enjoyed Beyond Two Souls for what it was, though a few things (Teen Angst™ featuring the Popular Kids Party®) were terrible. Also it needs that rumored PS4 remaster--lovely game aliased all to hell in some ways. And that desert framerate.

hey! the party was one of the best scenes in the game!

cafemomo

How's the gameplay?
Imagine Re;Birth's gameplay turned SRPG. So it's not a deep experience if you are looking for that.
Overall, it's a pretty light hearted sRPG. I'm a filthy causal when it comes to this genre (only sRPGs I really enjoyed were the FF Tactics series) but I'm enjoying my time with the game so far.
Press copy? Does IFI deal with youtubers?

I don't know to be honest, they probably will deal with YouTubers if you show your credentials. The site I write for is relatively small in size, but I've been in contact with IFI since Monster Monpiece. Their PR staff is really nice and down to earth so don't be afraid to shoot them an email and ask.

bobawesome

Oh shit I quit. Is it actually fun? It didn't especially seem like it but I only did a couple tutorial rounds worth of crafting

I don't have as much disdain for it as many seem to but that's probably because I was listening to podcasts/watching Netflix while going through the worst of it. After I started to get a feel for everything it was kind of relaxing in a way.

I should also mention that I didn't use a guide for the School Mode. I'm sure you could shave off a few hours, easily.

I don't know to be honest, they probably will deal with YouTubers if you show your credentials. The site I write for is relatively small in size, but I've been in contact with IFI since Monster Monpiece. Their PR staff is really nice and down to earth so don't be afraid to shoot them an email and ask.

IFI is awesome, I love their PR people.

autoduelist

Some quick reviews:

Geometry Wars 3 - PS4

I love mind melting dual stick shooters. This game is ridiculously fluid, smooth, and buttery. Absolute zen like meditation playing. Functionally similar to the other Geometry Wars games I've played -- you destroy enemies, they drop geoms that increase your multiplier.

Lots of game modes, bosses, and worlds. Modes include stuff like timed score, 3 life score, 'asteroids' style, gate races, 'king' mode where you can only shoot from small temporary bubbles, etc. Worlds are flat / curved / spheres / cubes / etc.

The game took a minute to adjust to -- I kept dying to things spawning on me, but that rarely happens now that I'm fully tuned in. I spent an inordinate amount of time on one of the early levels trying to beat a friend's high score before realizing that if I kept going forward, I could unlock and upgrade new ships and special weapons (and then go back and crush my friend's score).

Highly recommended. It's faster and more hectic (for better or worse) than, say, Super Stardust, though if you asked me to decide on which is better I don't think I could answer. SS feels more coherent; GW feels like everything and the kitchen sink.

-----------------

Fat Princess Piece of Cake
Continues to be my go-to time waster. I can easily play for an hour or more without running out of 'energy' to play more... there's no need whatsoever to spend money unless you really want to.

Pro tip --- the weekly challenges can be played more than the initial 5 times... and since you keep 3 slots going, it's the single best place to 'grind' for jewels/powerups. The levels do get harder, so you'll have to stop eventually.

-------------

Deadman's Cross

An absolute abomination of a F2P game. One of the worst ever.

There are various things you do:

1) Engage in a shitty, unresponsive, 'sniping' mini game killing zombies hoping to unlock cards.
2) Use these cards to set up zombie hoards. Before you get excited that there's a CCG in here, it's absolute ass. There is no interactivity, two decks just hit each other till one dies... the tutorial even begs you to fast forward through them.
3) A awful drpg style 'search' mode where you explore rooms and fight hoard battles.
4) 'battle' other decks, which basically means hold a fast forward button.

Basically, you're sniping looking for rare cards to both add to your deck or fuse/improve your deck. But the entire deck minigame is atrocious. It's not even a game.

Oh, and there are things on timers like any super shitty F2P game. I don't even want to talk about this game anymore. It's an affront against good game design. It's just awful.

--------------

Battle Islands - F2P PS4

An odd base defense / offense game with massive use of F2P timers. Place a barracks, wait 5 minutes. Upgrade a whatever, wait 30 minutes. Place a hanger, wait 7 hours. That sort of shit. You eventually build an island up, and send out soldiers/vehicles to attack enemy defended isles for resources.

A potentially interesting game ruined by F2P crapola. Unless your idea of a good game is watching a timer countdown or opening your wallet every 5 minutes.

------

Conception 2
So far, so good. A bit too much time spent upfront in tutorial and then 'dating' (i hate that sort of thing), but the combat mechanics seem interesting and cool. I've heard it's too easy though, which could be a problem. The 'time' mechanic in the game is clearly broken, which is actually good... you effectively have unlimited dates so there's no sense of things being 'missable'.

-----------

Watchdogs PS4

Something feels off. The game does get better as you upgrade your skills and can start pulling off neat tricks, but I'm just not engaged. Some cool things in the city like poker games (that move a bit too slow) and shell games... but other minigames are atrociously bad (usually involving strict time trials in extremely goofy circumstances... one example being taking a 'digital drug' and bouncing from psychedelic flower to psychedelic flower... which in itself was fun at first till you realize to three star it you need an almost perfect run and there are multiple events. There's almost too much going on.

Can't finish it.

------------

Evil Within
Want to love it. But don't. Not sure why. I think I just hate hiding in lockers, or perhaps, I got my fill last year with Outlast. Still, I can tell I should like this game. (doesn't help that I don't have lot of time to sit down and play my PS4. I've basically only played the prologue and I think I'm going to sell it. Hopefully the next owner will have the time for it and love it.

I'm having a hard time really judging both Evil Within and Watch Dogs just because of that lack of time. Maybe if I really sat down with them, I'd find myself engaged. On the other hand, other games like Wolfenstein and Infamous sucked me right in.

Tizoc

Some quick reviews:

Geometry Wars 3 - PS4

I love mind melting dual stick shooters. This game is ridiculously fluid, smooth, and buttery. Absolute zen like meditation playing. Functionally similar to the other Geometry Wars games I've played -- you destroy enemies, they drop geoms that increase your multiplier.

Lots of game modes, bosses, and worlds. Modes include stuff like timed score, 3 life score, 'asteroids' style, gate races, 'king' mode where you can only shoot from small temporary bubbles, etc. Worlds are flat / curved / spheres / cubes / etc.

The game took a minute to adjust to -- I kept dying to things spawning on me, but that rarely happens now that I'm fully tuned in. I spent an inordinate amount of time on one of the early levels trying to beat a friend's high score before realizing that if I kept going forward, I could unlock and upgrade new ships and special weapons (and then go back and crush my friend's score).

Highly recommended. It's faster and more hectic (for better or worse) than, say, Super Stardust, though if you asked me to decide on which is better I don't think I could answer. SS feels more coherent; GW feels like everything and the kitchen sink.

-----------------

Fat Princess Piece of Cake
Continues to be my go-to time waster. I can easily play for an hour or more without running out of 'energy' to play more... there's no need whatsoever to spend money unless you really want to.

Pro tip --- the weekly challenges can be played more than the initial 5 times... and since you keep 3 slots going, it's the single best place to 'grind' for jewels/powerups. The levels do get harder, so you'll have to stop eventually.

-------------

Deadman's Cross

An absolute abomination of a F2P game. One of the worst ever.

There are various things you do:

1) Engage in a shitty, unresponsive, 'sniping' mini game killing zombies hoping to unlock cards.
2) Use these cards to set up zombie hoards. Before you get excited that there's a CCG in here, it's absolute ass. There is no interactivity, two decks just hit each other till one dies... the tutorial even begs you to fast forward through them.
3) A awful drpg style 'search' mode where you explore rooms and fight hoard battles.
4) 'battle' other decks, which basically means hold a fast forward button.

Basically, you're sniping looking for rare cards to both add to your deck or fuse/improve your deck. But the entire deck minigame is atrocious. It's not even a game.

Oh, and there are things on timers like any super shitty F2P game. I don't even want to talk about this game anymore. It's an affront against good game design. It's just awful.

--------------

Battle Islands - F2P PS4

An odd base defense / offense game with massive use of F2P timers. Place a barracks, wait 5 minutes. Upgrade a whatever, wait 30 minutes. Place a hanger, wait 7 hours. That sort of shit. You eventually build an island up, and send out soldiers/vehicles to attack enemy defended isles for resources.

A potentially interesting game ruined by F2P crapola. Unless your idea of a good game is watching a timer countdown or opening your wallet every 5 minutes.

------

Conception 2
So far, so good. A bit too much time spent upfront in tutorial and then 'dating' (i hate that sort of thing), but the combat mechanics seem interesting and cool. I've heard it's too easy though, which could be a problem. The 'time' mechanic in the game is clearly broken, which is actually good... you effectively have unlimited dates so there's no sense of things being 'missable'.

-----------

Watchdogs PS4

Something feels off. The game does get better as you upgrade your skills and can start pulling off neat tricks, but I'm just not engaged. Some cool things in the city like poker games (that move a bit too slow) and shell games... but other minigames are atrociously bad (usually involving strict time trials in extremely goofy circumstances... one example being taking a 'digital drug' and bouncing from psychedelic flower to psychedelic flower... which in itself was fun at first till you realize to three star it you need an almost perfect run and there are multiple events. There's almost too much going on.

Can't finish it.

------------

Evil Within
Want to love it. But don't. Not sure why. I think I just hate hiding in lockers, or perhaps, I got my fill last year with Outlast. Still, I can tell I should like this game. (doesn't help that I don't have lot of time to sit down and play my PS4. I've basically only played the prologue and I think I'm going to sell it. Hopefully the next owner will have the time for it and love it.

I'm having a hard time really judging both Evil Within and Watch Dogs just because of that lack of time. Maybe if I really sat down with them, I'd find myself engaged. On the other hand, other games like Wolfenstein and Infamous sucked me right in.

Unresponsive? The sniping mini game works fine, as long as the cursor is colored red/yellow it means your shot will hit. The only time my shots miss is because a zombie moves too fast. The reloading could be faster though.

Also why haven't you played Brandish yet or do you have an EU account?

autoduelist

Unresponsive? The sniping mini game works fine, as long as the cursor is colored red/yellow it means your shot will hit. The only time my shots miss is because a zombie moves too fast. The reloading could be faster though.

Also why haven't you played Brandish yet or do you have an EU account?

Perhaps unresponsive is the wrong word. I usually turn up sensitivity to max, fwiw, and it might just be that -- aiming feels slow/sluggish to me, but you're right, it's responsive. I wasn't missing stuff. I just wasn't enjoying myself either. Granted, I disliked the game so much I didn't bother to check to see if there were other settings.

Brandish is probably my number one want right now (of games currently released). It's purely a matter of money.

Tizoc

Perhaps unresponsive is the wrong word. I usually turn up sensitivity to max, fwiw, and it might just be that -- aiming feels slow/sluggish to me, but you're right, it's responsive. I wasn't missing stuff. I just wasn't enjoying myself either. Granted, I disliked the game so much I didn't bother to check to see if there were other settings.

Brandish is probably my number one want right now (of games currently released). It's purely a matter of money.

Well with the current promo it should be worth picking up ;D

Top Bottom