• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

SerTapTap

Oh, I was thinking of Oreshika in particular. I'll keep it in mind though. I should probably hold off for a while, I already have a ton of imports coming soonish. Or rather a few but fairly pricy

Oh top of page buy half off Hohokum!!

Hi guys, I'm a bit of a lurker here even though I'd like to be a bit more active.
Just posting here because I have a spare EU code for ModNation Racers Road Trip for the Vita, and since none of my friends have a Vita (they all have a 3DS :/) I thought I might as well post it here. I know it's not an amazing game but hey, it's free :p

Quote to reveal the code :) And please let me know if you get it so I'll edit this post. I hope it works for all Europe since it was in an Italian 16GB memory card bundle.

Since nobody got the code (unless someone did and didn't tell me) I'm posting this again just in case somebody missed it, if nobody wants it I'll just get rid of it since I already have the game. :p
I was wondering if it was worth it posting in the codes giveaway thread, but since most if not all VitaGAF post here I didn't really see the point.

As for Oreshika in March, these next 6 weeks are going to really destroy me. :/

DOA5 Last Round this week (or the next, it depends on the shop)
Oreshika
Toukiden Kiwami
Life is Strange Ep.2 (which I already paid for, but whatever)
Resident Evil Revelations 2.

I'm sure I'm missing something. Not getting Type-0 because I'm a bad person and I'm still bitter. :(

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Not just big. Biggest. I can't really guess what's their ace card this time.
I don't think that the simple localization of the usual stuff deserves to be called "biggest", imo they'll announce the acquisition of the rights of localization of some relatively big ip or why not the opening of NIS Europe?

What?!?!?!
Damn Sony you are so bad at promoting your (Vita)stuff?!?!?
Oreshika is a big game that many were waiting and Sony gives the release date 2 weeks before on a blog post with no real gameplay screen or trailer and launch it digital only at 20€.
The price is uber awesome obviously but Sony is treating Oreshika like a cheap game imo.

Tizoc

GET HYPE
FOR DAT HAOTFUL BOYFRIEND!
tumblr_nbdwe5lxKa1rarj5wo2_1280.png

tumblr_nbdwe5lxKa1rarj5wo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbdwe5lxKa1rarj5wo4_500.jpg

Tizoc

You mean the spend $100 this week? I'm at $0. Is there another promo I don't know about?

Just that really.
ATM I'm at...$2.99ish :p I usually am always getting in on these types of promos, I've participated in every single one the past 2-3 years, but I'll skip this one mainly due to budgetary reasons, as I gotta pay my blasted car insurance among other things.

pariah164

GET HYPE
FOR DAT HAOTFUL BOYFRIEND!
No.

As much of a fan of VNs as I am, this game... I can't. I just can't. The birds that also for some reason have human forms, and one's a psychopath, and then there's just tones of bestiality...

Nope. This is one VN I will just not buy ever.

Vylash

No.

As much of a fan of VNs as I am, this game... I can't. I just can't. The birds that also for some reason have human forms, and one's a psychopath, and then there's just tones of bestiality...

Hatoful Boyfriend seems like the ultimate ironic purchase with an entire fanbase built around ironically liking it

No.

Hatoful Boyfriend seems like the ultimate ironic purchase with an entire fanbase built around ironically liking it

I have not played it myself, but from everything I've read the game is not at all what you'd think at first.

eFKac

It looks like 2015 is the year Sony sticks to their guns about going digital only on the Vita. Honestly they shouldn't have given in last year. It fits their plans with the system much better.

And well let's be honest, we had a bunch of people spamming the shit out of ps blog, and every other Playstation related social media about FW physical release, Sony naively gave in, and those Vita fans were counted.

Freedom Wars did not chart anywhere in PAL or NPD afaik. Can't blame Sony for not developing anymore big Vita games for the West, or even releasing the ones they still in retail form. It's lost money, and Sony is in no shape to lose money.

Tapejara

I'm disappointed - but not surprised - that Oreshika is digital only. Good price point though. Will probably hold off for now as I've already got too many games to buy during the next three weeks.

--

Is it just me, or does the Vita version of The LEGO Movie crash a lot? I'm not sure if it's a problem with my game card, but the game would always crash when I quit out of a level. Had to delete the game data and reinstall, which mitigated the issue; but it's starting to do it again. I'm finishing up the last few trophies I need, and it's really quite frustrating.

I had 100 bucks on PSN credit with that ebay deal, and spent 40 on DOA5LR for ps4 and can't for the life of me figure out what else I want right now to take advantage of the deal

Oreshika would be an instant choice but it's out too late >:|

I'm playing Senran Kagura that I got sent from gamefly and I really like it in spite of itself but 40 bucks for it at this point seems like a bad option

at a loss to decide what to do dangit

I'm disappointed - but not surprised - that Oreshika is digital only. Good price point though. Will probably hold off for now as I've already got too many games to buy during the next three weeks.

--

Is it just me, or does the Vita version of The LEGO Movie crash a lot? I'm not sure if it's a problem with my game card, but the game would always crash when I quit out of a level. Had to delete the game data and reinstall, which mitigated the issue; but it's starting to do it again. I'm finishing up the last few trophies I need, and it's really quite frustrating.
Why are you playing lego movie instead of P4G?

Yukianesa

Neo Member
I think I'm finally done with Phantasy Star Nova!

The grind introduced in patch 1.03 is just too much. I really want to craft the new weapons and max all my skills but I don't have enough energy to blast through an endless amount of missions to farm items.

That being said, I really enjoyed the game and personally think it's one of the best hunting action games on the PSVita (can you even call PSNova a hunting game?).

The cast of characters was surprisingly great. Everyone's sub-story and development was fun, inspiring even. Fildia, in particular, was a great character. I don't even know how to describe her other than "Wow, this character is cool". Humour was good as well.

There was a surprising amount of depth in the combat with regards to how you setup your skill boards and special abilities for your weapons. There are so many ways to build your character, especially since you can quick-swap weapons. It was fun finding a build that let me blast through "The Last Date" in 7-8 minutes.

The combat itself was relatively straightforward. Even if you decide to stick to two or three main skills, there are a variety of skills to choose from so it never gets boring.

Base-building can be a huge timesink if you're into interior design. I spent a lot of time trying to build something that looked at least decent!

While I won't say NOVA is perfect, and it's not because of a handful of minor issues (some of which were introduced in 1.03), it is still a very interesting game that I hope more people get to play someday.

Until patch 1.04 comes out, bring on GE2 Rage Burst! Or Dragon Quest Heroes!

bobawesome

Booo no retail, won't ignore it at $20 though.

NISA means life

Hm. It didn't seem bad, but I was expecting something more like a couple runthroughs at 1-2 hours tops to get my monocoins/trophies for it, then just spam the "dating sim" elements, or is that pretty accurate?

Well, the trickiest in the beginning for me was finding the optimal hangout spots for the characters you plan to raise affection for. Successfully building something grants you tickets to hang out with characters of your choice and the ultimate goal is to win their
underwear/panties
You'll have to run through School Mode 3 or 4 times just for that as you can only get 4/5 a run at most, I believe.

You'll also need another run dedicated to polishing off everyone's report card. It's not as bad as I'm making it sound, though. You keep your cleaning/gathering level for each character so the gathering of materials becomes far easier the more you play.

Tizoc

I had 100 bucks on PSN credit with that ebay deal, and spent 40 on DOA5LR for ps4 and can't for the life of me figure out what else I want right now to take advantage of the deal

I'm playing Senran Kagura that I got sent from gamefly and I really like it in spite of itself but 40 bucks for it at this point seems like a bad option

Get Brandish, Get Brandish, Get Brandish, Get Brandish!

MQX

What a sad week was the last one, my mother died because of a late found and not well cured lung cancer(she didn't even smoke) :'(

Let's not think about it.

I used a little the android tablet i bought for her and i was initially sucked into Marvel Puzzle Quest because i like good drawings and Marvel characters(=Xmen) and i liked the few other games i tried, but then i realized how poor they were and that was not the kind the gaming i want.
Really surprised that it's not possible to download apps directly on the sd... i mean, really Google?

Changing subject i don't really know a lot about Digimon Cyber Sleuth characters and story, so maybe i'm wrong, but the latest scan that shows the evolutions of the Eater has probably a major spoiler.
My condolences :(.

Not sure if I want to buy it immediately(when it's released) or wait when it's on sale(like 40-50% off ;P).

Since nobody got the code (unless someone did and didn't tell me) I'm posting this again just in case somebody missed it, if nobody wants it I'll just get rid of it since I already have the game. :p
I was wondering if it was worth it posting in the codes giveaway thread, but since most if not all VitaGAF post here I didn't really see the point.

As for Oreshika in March, these next 6 weeks are going to really destroy me. :/

DOA5 Last Round this week (or the next, it depends on the shop)
Oreshika
Toukiden Kiwami
Life is Strange Ep.2 (which I already paid for, but whatever)
Resident Evil Revelations 2.

I'm sure I'm missing something. Not getting Type-0 because I'm a bad person and I'm still bitter. :(
I guess the code has been used by someone else(without telling it :/). It gives me an error message that the code is wrong or not valid anymore :/(or maybe I'm getting this error message because I live in another European country :/).

Oh well. Very nice and awesome of you to give a free vita game away :p.

I think I'm finally done with Phantasy Star Nova!

The grind introduced in patch 1.03 is just too much. I really want to craft the new weapons and max all my skills but I don't have enough energy to blast through an endless amount of missions to farm items.

That being said, I really enjoyed the game and personally think it's one of the best hunting action games on the PSVita (can you even call PSNova a hunting game?).

The cast of characters was surprisingly great. Everyone's sub-story and development was fun, inspiring even. Fildia, in particular, was a great character. I don't even know how to describe her other than "Wow, this character is cool". Humour was good as well.

There was a surprising amount of depth in the combat with regards to how you setup your skill boards and special abilities for your weapons. There are so many ways to build your character, especially since you can quick-swap weapons. It was fun finding a build that let me blast through "The Last Date" in 7-8 minutes.

The combat itself was relatively straightforward. Even if you decide to stick to two or three main skills, there are a variety of skills to choose from so it never gets boring.

Base-building can be a huge timesink if you're into interior design. I spent a lot of time trying to build something that looked at least decent!

While I won't say NOVA is perfect, and it's not because of a handful of minor issues (some of which were introduced in 1.03), it is still a very interesting game that I hope more people get to play someday.

Until patch 1.04 comes out, bring on GE2 Rage Burst! Or Dragon Quest Heroes!
After reading this, I'm actually interested in this game :p. Too bad this game is published by Sega :(
(which means no localization for the West ;_;)

Shizuka

Danganronpa and Danganronpa 2 are both on sale. If you're in Europe, there are even more Vita titles on sale. If you like RPGs, get Demon Gaze.

antibolo

Banned
I will never understand the appeal of Lego games, unless you are less than 12 year old, or playing coop with a less than 12 year old.

SerTapTap

I dunno, SK Versus is quite a bit of content--It's about 20 hours I think to do all the main content, easily worth the $40 to me. Besides that, Lots of great downloadable stuff on PS4 (and Vita), the swapper, hohokum, Flower, Unfinished Swan, Binding of Issac, Super Stardust, Geometry Wars, Transistor, Murasaki Baby. As far as new stuff, not tons of recent releases but Iv'e had a ton of fun with Neptunia Rebirth 2. I assume you already have the good stuff in the sale like Dangan Ronpa 1&2?

Tapejara

I will never understand the appeal of Lego games, unless you are less than 12 year old, or playing coop with a less than 12 year old.

I think a big thing about them is that you have to find a LEGO game based on a licence you're familiar with/really enjoy. LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga is my favourite LEGO game - and one of my favourite PS3 games - but it helps that I'm so familiar with the Star Wars universe. I tried playing the Harry Potter game on Vita, but I hate Harry Potter and just couldn't get into it.

They also have a certain charm to them. Seeing your favourite stories retold through LEGO minifigures is adorable, not to mention the little bits of humour added in. The series kind of falters when they try to make a game based off of original IP - the Chima game had some solid level design, but the actual Chima universe is bland as fuck - and is strongest when working off of established brands.

I think a big thing about them is that you have to find a LEGO game based on a licence you're familiar with/really enjoy. LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga is my favourite LEGO games - and one of my favourite PS3 games - but it helps that I'm so familiar with the Star Wars universe. I tried playing the Harry Potter game on Vita, but I hate Harry Potter and just couldn't get into it.

They also have a certain charm to them. Seeing your favourite stories retold through LEGO minifigures is adorable, not to mention the little bits of humour added in. The series kind of falters when they try to make a game based off of original IP - the Chima game had some solid level design, but the actual Chima universe is bland as fuck - and is strongest when working off of established brands.

I liked Lego Star Wars a lot, but Lego City: Undercover is the best one

pariah164

I think a big thing about them is that you have to find a LEGO game based on a licence you're familiar with/really enjoy. LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga is my favourite LEGO games - and one of my favourite PS3 games - but it helps that I'm so familiar with the Star Wars universe. I tried playing the Harry Potter game on Vita, but I hate Harry Potter and just couldn't get into it.
This. I loved LEGO Batman and LotR. I'm having trouble enjoying the LEGO movie game and LEGO Marvel Superheros.

autoduelist

Just that really.
ATM I'm at...$2.99ish :p I usually am always getting in on these types of promos, I've participated in every single one the past 2-3 years, but I'll skip this one mainly due to budgetary reasons, as I gotta pay my blasted car insurance among other things.

I spent a small fortune between Black Friday and Christmas, between my son and wife (non-gaming) and the various deals I picked up for me. Way, way over budget. I also managed to score some PSN credit at a good deal, but then all the recent sales have me down to $50 in spacebux out of $200 or so that was supposed to last me at least another 3-6 months (in theory). Plus I bought a bunch of vita rpgs from gamefly used, so... it's just hard justifying buying more when I have such an incredible backlog. So $100 is out of reach.

i have 98% for vanilla MvC3 and don't own the game anymore lol.

I decided to stop 'going for the plat' on games that require several/ten hours of mindless grinding at the end. That lasted one game, then I found myself doing it again. Argh. Can't win... I automatically 'go for' trophies and spend the time the whole game, but lose my mind at the end if there are grinders. So unfun, when there are so many better games to play, but then I've already invested so much time into the other trophies it seems silly not to get the plat.

My wife really likes them, and that's rare. Though we only really dug the Indiana Jones ones. The series needs a bit of an engine overhaul.

Massa

Kids younger than 12 are playing games with more depth than the vast majority of what's popular around here. Anyway, the LEGO games are fun.

ascii42

--

I bought the game (physical version) when it came out. I don't remember having any issues, but I just played through the game. I didn't repeat levels or hunt for trophies or anything.

I think a big thing about them is that you have to find a LEGO game based on a licence you're familiar with/really enjoy. LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga is my favourite LEGO game - and one of my favourite PS3 games - but it helps that I'm so familiar with the Star Wars universe. I tried playing the Harry Potter game on Vita, but I hate Harry Potter and just couldn't get into it.

Can't speak for the Vita version, but I really liked the two Lego Harry Potters on PS3. Granted, I'm a fan of Harry Potter and it was the first Lego game I'd really played since the first on PS2.

Yukianesa

Neo Member
After reading this, I'm actually interested in this game :p. Too bad this game is published by Sega :(
(which means no localization for the West ;_;)

There's also a really robust character creation and customization feature that I didn't really have the space to talk about.

The system is very detailed which allows for some really great looking characters. You can customize almost any aspect of the face and body. It's probably the best character creation system I've seen in a very long time.

There is no armour in this game, only Shield Units so you don't have to worry about looking good while still being effective in combat. Instead, you have a decent number of costumes (and their coloured variations) from which you can choose. The game allows you to customize these costumes slightly by making it possible to change the way some parts of the costume are coloured.

There are also a lot of hairstyles and accessories.

And if you're a Cast, you have your own set of costumes!

Hope this makes you want the game even more! Sorry!

Producer

There's also a really robust character creation and customization feature that I didn't really have the space to talk about.

The system is very detailed which allows for some really great looking characters. You can customize almost any aspect of the face and body. It's probably the best character creation system I've seen in a very long time.

Yep, from the demo i played i really liked the amount of customization given. I remember people were hyping up Freedom Wars' customization but Nova's is better imo.

I actually think there is a decent chance we will get this. I don't know why, maybe i'm just delusional.

SerTapTap

There is no armour in this game,

This sounds great. I loved this about Freedom Wars. One of few times I was legit proud of the character I created:

Tapejara

I bought the game (physical version) when it came out. I don't remember having any issues, but I just played through the game. I didn't repeat levels or hunt for trophies or anything.

Can't speak for the Vita version, but I really liked the two Lego Harry Potters on PS3. Granted, I'm a fan of Harry Potter and it was the first Lego game I'd really played since the first on PS2.

Yeah, I'm guessing it might be a problem with the card then. I was able to play through the game without issues, but when I decided to go back and revisit levels it became problematic.

NISA conference is close, I hope we get lots of Vita games.
Another Episode, Shin Hayarigami...

If NISA announced that they would be producing the LEs for all future Idea Factory/Compile Heart titles, I'd be happy as fuck.

Another Episode is basically a given at this point. I'm hoping for Shin Hayarigami as well. Hopefully NISA has some nice surprises.

Top Bottom