• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

why is this OT on community and XBLA OT on the main page?

Which threads get moved to community and which don't seems very inconsistent and decided on a case by case basis. There are tons of threads in Gaming which are more "community" than this one. The XBLA thread is just very inactive so no one thought about moving it I guess.

Anyway, the Toro and Friends PSVita theme can now be downloaded from EU PSN (only directly through the Vita store for me though). It's free for only one week so you better get it soon.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Thanks again guys, it's good to see such solidarity.
Now let's return to "serious" gaming stuff though, i don't want to break the usual serene mood of the thread. :)

My mom died from cancer too 11 years ago when I was 18. It was very hard but I realize back then that I was her creation alas what was left of her so I honor her enjoying my life making it worth the ride. So man I totally am with you on this just say what you need and if I can help I will.
Thanks, i'm sorry for your loss, i'll try to do the same.

incpdo

Thanks to all of you for that amazing games recommendations. Rayman games is something I already have on my vita and are great. Im planning to get sly collection ( for the vita too) Catherine is a game I'm looking forward to play as well as the upcoming persona 5. I'll eventually buy the kingdom hearts collections because I have played every kingdom hearts except for the main 1 and 2 ( weird huh haha). Every little platform gem I can get on the vita , I'll buy it there. I have already lots of game to play like last of us, ridge racer 7 , batman arkham asylum and city, all the resident evil games except for the remaster , raccoon city and revelations ( thanks to that amazing resident evil sale). I have infamous collection. Also I got gtav, ssx, mgs4, mass effect trilogy and a few more. My friends lend me a few games like uncharted 1 and 2 , gow3, mgs collection( although I have the vita version) . ps3 is my first desktop console since the ps1 so I'm enjoying every bit of this console now. I do have a PC and I did play some games on my PC but due to being a notebook not so powerful I usually not play there ( dead space 1 and 2 were played there, also singularity, dark sector, riddick and a few more) so I'm getting also some PC games I always wanted to play like the mass effect trilogy which is super cheap and comes in an amazing packaging. I have games to play all year right now but later on I'll buy for sure. Shadow of the damned , killer is dead, nino kuni , ffxxiii( all of them) and a few more. Meanwhile I'm enjoying both ps3 and vita a lot. I bought the ps3 to a friend that didn't use the console very much so he sold me the console plus killzone 2 and mgs4 which I'm almost finishing( such a nice nanomachined game) .

incpdo

You have a lot of great games to look forward to. Enjoy them, I wish I could play Mass Effect for the first time again.
Yeah its great . I did play the first one in PC and a little of the second one ( which was running better than the first on my PC) . now I can enjoy all of them I'm playing again the first one and enjoying very much these games. I also have red dead redemption goty and LA noire . I bought so many games because they where super cheap physical. I cannot understand why there is no ssx for vita like there was for PSP. Its amazing. I also wish trick n snowboarding from capcom on phone classics . I guess will never happen like mega man legends 2.

evenpoint

I never care about trophies but I guess I'll try to platinum Project Diva F 2nd since I got all these millions of unused Diva Points from just playing the rhythm game without caring about any unlockables other than the costumes. I don't think I even touched the Diva Room yet, it seemed so pointless in the previous game.

As you seem to know Project Diva :) ...
Right now there is a sale for us Europeans. But only for the first game. Is the second game the overall better game or should I buy the first Project Diva for 20€ as it might be a good addition next to the 2nd.

Thanks.

Got a Vita yesterday, picked up Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Dragon's Crown, Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa and Zero Escape.

Having fun with it so far :)

Any other game suggestions?

RK128

Hello Vita Gaf :D.

I have a question...should I get the DR games? They are all on sale right now (DR1 is 20 bucks while the sequel is 24), so it is a strong deal....but what are the games like? The impression I've always got was that they were like the Phoenix Wight games mixed with mini games with the investigation portions.

I don't know, you guys have always gave great recommendations in the past (got into the Persona series thanks to Gaf :D!) but I just figure asking while the price is right for the two tittles.

Regarding DR news, hope that the announcement at 9am is going to be the localization of Another Episode; it looks like a fun game :).

Got a Vita yesterday, picked up Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Dragon's Crown, Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa and Zero Escape.

Well, so far you picked some damn good choices for Vita games my friend :D. Tearaway and Gravity Rush are fantastic tittles that use all the Vita's features very well :). Regarding other tittles to look out for, I have to echo the priases about Persona 4 Golden (great game :D) alongside recommending the Rayman games (Origins and Legends), Killzone Mercenary and Sonic Racing Transformed.

Rayman Origins/Legends are the best on Vita due to the games looking so good on the OLED screen while having a great D-Pad to play with, Killzone is one of the few proper shooters on the Vita and it is one of the few games that really pushes the hardware a lot (online is fun too) and Sonic Racing Transformed is one of the best Kart Racers in years (fantastic soundtrack, great selection of tracks to race on and plenty of content to play in single player).

Very good choices, but you're missing Persona, Danganronpa, Ys and Project Diva f! All of those are on sale as well. :)

Shizuka

I have a question...should I get the DR games? They are all on sale right now (DR1 is 20 bucks while the sequel is 24), so it is a strong deal....but what are the games like? The impression I've always got was that they were like the Phoenix Wight games mixed with mini games with the investigation portions.

I don't know, you guys have always gave great recommendations in the past (got into the Persona series thanks to Gaf :D!) but I just figure asking while the price is right for the two tittles.

Regarding DR news, hope that the announcement at 9am is going to be the localization of Another Episode; it looks like a fun game :).

Have you ever played a visual novel? The games are story-driven, you won't find much in the way of gameplay. That said, Danganronpa is a must-have for every Vita owner.

evenpoint

The obvious ones is Persona 4 and maybe Killzone Merc. But I highly recommend the wonderful Super Stardust Delta and Resogun <3 Perfect on the go!

Tizoc

Get Brandish; it's recently released on US PSN and is a must have if you're looking for a fresh video game experience.
This is the first game in a long ass time that I actually started again after finishing it.

Also grab dem Ys games yo, start with Oath in Felghana (Ys 3), then go into Seven and Celceta (remake of Ys 4)

RK128

Have you ever played a visual novel? The games are story-driven, you won't find much in the way of gameplay. That said, Danganronpa is a must-have for every Vita owner.

Oh, so they are like the Persona games story scenes but segmented across puzzles/mini games then? That sounds fun I guess :). Even if I don't get DR2, I might just get DR1 to see if I like the series.

Thanks for the advice Shizuka :D.

This seems like the best thread to complain about my absolutely horrific luck with owning Vitas.

So I got one soon after launch, and within 6 months the charger packed up (the proprietary bit). I replaced it, only for it to be stolen a couple of months later from my house whilst I was out one evening (along with a bunch of other stuff).

So I bought a new one about 6 months later, and sure enough soon the charger broke, but this time I still had the replacement for the old one. Fine! I took it with me on a round the world trip last year, and of course it (along with everything else I had) got stolen from a hostel in Washington DC whilst I was out at the bar opposite thanks to some twat leaving the window open.

So then my girlfriend bought me a preowned one and gave it to me whilst visiting me in Montreal, and it worked fine for a while until Indonesia, where shock horror - the charger broke! I picked up a replacement in the Philippines, but after a couple of weeks it stopped charging. I'm back in England and it is completely dead, tried every solution I could find online but can't get any life out of it (and I've made sure it's not the charger again!). Worse, I found out yesterday I can't return it even tho it's under CEX's preowned warranty, because they sold it to my girlfriend with the serial number rubbed off, so there's now no way I can prove it's the same one they sold her originally.

I literally can't believe it.

All I can assume is this is the karma of the universe balancing back out as I still have a white Xbox 360 from mid-2006 that has never had a problem...

Not even asking for suggestions, just needed to rage for a bit.

Maid

Banned

The debating segment minigame is there just to let you feel the heat of the debating. It's not really hard and more on the story side than the gameplay side.

Should you get the game or not? Look at TOTP.

RK128

The debating segment minigame is there just to let you feel the heat of the debating. It's not really hard and more on the story side than the gameplay side.

Should you get the game or not? Look at TOTP.

Well, I will get the first one over the weekend to see if I enjoy it; if I do, I will get the sequel as well then :). If not, well, I spent 20 bucks on a lot of bad stuff in the past (payed 14 bucks for Sonic 06 back in 2011 X(; wanted to experience how 'horrid' everyone says the game was first hand....boy were they right :l).

SerTapTap

Sorcery Saga seems like cute humorous fun. Good humor so far, and I haven't played a standard roguelike/dungeon crawler in a while so I should enjoy the gameplay. I'm surprised how much worse the face animations look compared to the Neptunia ones though--a few extra frames and transitions really go a long way. The 2-frame mouth flapping looks kind of worse than single image, while the Neptunia method looks really great.

Oh, so they are like the Persona games story scenes but segmented across puzzles/mini games then? That sounds fun I guess :). Even if I don't get DR2, I might just get DR1 to see if I like the series.

Highly highly recommend Dangan Ronpa. It's a story-driven game but also a mystery game and trying to figure out what happened is a big part of the fun. But you can set everything on easy if you just want to breeze through. It's also a game that is really very much better if you play it vs just reading/watching IMO, being part of it really improves the experience.

why is this OT on community and XBLA OT on the main page?

Who knows anymore. The Senran Kagura thread was kicked into community after like 3 days. I thought OTs were supposed to get like a month or something, far longer than 3 days.
IFI is awesome, I love their PR people.

I guess I'll email them and see if me yelling at their twitter for PS TV support has gotten me blacklisted yet

SerTapTap

Booo no retail, won't ignore it at $20 though.

They've licensed/bought the Vita brand and ip from Sony.

Big enough for ya?

NISA means life

I don't have as much disdain for it as many seem to but that's probably because I was listening to podcasts/watching Netflix while going through the worst of it. After I started to get a feel for everything it was kind of relaxing in a way.

I should also mention that I didn't use a guide for the School Mode. I'm sure you could shave off a few hours, easily.

Hm. It didn't seem bad, but I was expecting something more like a couple runthroughs at 1-2 hours tops to get my monocoins/trophies for it, then just spam the "dating sim" elements, or is that pretty accurate?

Not just big. Biggest. I can't really guess what's their ace card this time.

42268-you-had-my-curiosity-but-now-y-mk6z.gif

Nice, I'll probably pick this up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It looks like 2015 is the year Sony sticks to their guns about going digital only on the Vita. Honestly they shouldn't have given in last year. It fits their plans with the system much better.

Will buy the following games day 1 in March:
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
Final Fantasy Type-0 with the FFXV demo

Will be a busy month

Hikami

Oh nice, Oreshika is going to be only $20? Tempting..
Will wait and see how much the physical asian english version will cost though.

antibolo

Banned
As you seem to know Project Diva :) ...
Right now there is a sale for us Europeans. But only for the first game. Is the second game the overall better game or should I buy the first Project Diva for 20&#8364; as it might be a good addition next to the 2nd.

Thanks.

Yes, I would strongly recommend starting with the first game. It's more newbie-friendly (the sequel upped the overall difficulty for Normal and Hard) and since both games share no songs with each other, it's not redundant at all to own both.

Also when you start the second game, you can import your in-game unlocks from the first one, which is nice.

wilflare

Will buy the following games day 1 in March:
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
Final Fantasy Type-0 with the FFXV demo

Will be a busy month

why why why

EDIT:
if anyone needs help with importing English Asian Versions (physical), just PM me and I can help
if you need feedback, etc - just check with barry or baekshi

SerTapTap

why why why

EDIT:
if anyone needs help with importing English Asian Versions (physical), just PM me and I can help
if you need feedback, etc - just check with barry or baekshi

Do we know the price of that and if there's any significant DLC? There's already "day one" bonuses I guess I'd be locked out of

wilflare

Didn't you read what I just wrote? It comes with a demo for FFXV...

just buy it from Wario64 or some others. - wait. you are hyped for FFXV? I don't know why I lost all my hype for that.
PERSONA 5 PLEASE

Do we know the price of that and if there's any significant DLC? There's already "day one" bonuses I guess I'd be locked out of

oh. I was referring to any Vita game in general - especially for those collecting physical games - since most digital-only games in EU/NA get an English Asian retail release

Top Bottom