• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

bobawesome

Where was the announcement aired/posted? I missed it due to real life nonsense.

Well, there's a thread somewhere around here but tononet live-tweeted it:

https://twitter.com/tononet

Top of the page: If Danganronpa: Another Episode looks like your kind of game and you're interested in the series, play Danganronpa 1 and 2 before Another Episode. Even though it's a pre-sequel revelations will supposedly be ruined.

Shizuka

Today was a good day for Vita owners. We're Oreshika 2 in two weeks for just $20 and we're also getting Danganronpa Another Episode later this year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A game they already announced, a dead brainer, and a 5 year old Wii game that was shelved for so long that the license holders made basically unauthorized versions of for the next generation.

I guess not announcing Edo Blacksmith is something...

Tohsaka

I'm pretty underwhelmed with their event. Danganronpa AE was an obvious choice, they already announced Disgaea 5 (and I'm not really interested since I never played the other ones) and I don't think Rodea looks that great from what I've seen. Hopefully they announce some other stuff later in the year, at least there's Operation Abyss in June too.

Shout outs to nisa for the BIGGEST ANNOUNCEMENT EVER

Yeah I don't really know what they meant... I mean we already knew about Disgaea, and well, sure DR is great but that doesn't really qualify as the biggest announcement ever. And Rodea? Eh. Cool announcements, sure, not biggest ones :p

I waited for the announcements. Just like last year was a tough call with both Demon Gaze and Danganronpa as my GOTY, this year will be Operation Abyss and Another Episode. Based NISA.

Indeed, here's hoping next year the same happens, and we get Stranger of Sword City and Danganronpa 3 :p

For this NISA conference? Or in general? If its the latter then yeah you might be jaded or something lol.

I'm hype for plenty of games. It going to be a good year.

Partly jaded, partly low energy lately. Such is life.

That said, I'm totally hyped to get Toukiden Kiwami as well as getting my new PSP Go and setting that up with all my homebrew goodness. So it isn't all bad.

Truly, I think it's that my taste in games lately has been relatively uncatered to. Very few games that seem to focus on world building or big fantasy epics. Hoping E3 can light a fire under me, again.

TUSR

Banned
Partly jaded, partly low energy lately. Such is life.

That said, I'm totally hyped to get Toukiden Kiwami as well as getting my new PSP Go and setting that up with all my homebrew goodness. So it isn't all bad.

Truly, I think it's that my taste in games lately has been relatively uncatered to. Very few games that seem to focus on world building or big fantasy epics. Hoping E3 can light a fire under me, again.

you just reminded me i own a psp go

VLiberty

The DE primarly incorporates the DLC of the game into the main story, in addition to adding a non-lethal method of defeating bosses. I wouldn't recommend it if u already have OG Deus Ex HR.

Thanks!

Killzone, Tearaway, AC3L and Batman are all tempting but I'd like to get them retail. Might just get Super Stardust Delta but I'm short of 9 cents....

Tizoc

Thanks!

Killzone, Tearaway, AC3L and Batman are all tempting but I'd like to get them retail. Might just get Super Stardust Delta but I'm short of 9 cents....

Just grab a $10 psn cash card, you'll find a use for the remaining $9 down the line.
Also get Brandish for your OLED, I've decided to replay the main story mode and I'm loving it all over again lol.

VLiberty

Just grab a $10 psn cash card, you'll find a use for the remaining $9 down the line.
Also get Brandish for your OLED, I've decided to replay the main story mode and I'm loving it all over again lol.

I know I know, I'm just lazy lol

Also there's always something that keeps me from getting Falcom games despite I'm often curious to try those. Even in the PSP days I wanted to try the Ys games and Gurumin but the "jrpgish" look always pushed me back.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I find this very interesting and a little worrisome
At NIS America’s reveal event this evening, Danganronpa series producer Yoshinori Terasawa was on hand for the announcement. According to the producer, Another Episode was created because they couldn’t figure out what to do with Danganronpa 3, even though it was something they wanted to create. So the team challenged themselves to create a spin-off action game
http://gematsu.com/2015/02/danganronpa-another-episode-coming-west-fall

I wonder if we'll have DR3 and if so if it will be good.

Shizuka

Tizoc

I know I know, I'm just lazy lol

Also there's always something that keeps me from getting Falcom games despite I'm often curious to try those. Even in the PSP days I wanted to try the Ys games and Gurumin but the "jrpgish" look always pushed me back.

Brandish is less of an RPG and more of an Adventure/Dungeon Crawler.
Ys is really an Action RPG game, grinding for EXP should only be done if a boss is giving you trouble, but usually one or two levels are enough to survive better against a boss.

If you want good gameplay, look no further than Falcom, and in addition to that their games are the only ones in YEARS that made me feel like a total badass.
Their games effin' deliver, so why not take a chance, give Brandish a try, it'll be a gaming experience you may never have experienced before.

This is perfectly okay though, it's not like any company really knows 100% where to take their sequels every time, one current example being Game of Thrones, which after this season will have caught up with the books and will have to do things on its own. Not even the actors know what is going to happen, but they all have complete faith that after this long, they have the GoT "formula" down (as well as the author's blessing, but I digress).

Anyway, back on topic, they know they got themselves a hit with DR 1 and 2, and most likely don't want to tarnish the brand that so many people now love. They probably decided to experiment with AE by releasing something different, but with a Danganronpa feel and guess what, people liked it. This game served to assert Spike that they still "got it in them", that DR 1 and 2 weren't just lucky hits, that they are perfectly OK creating something in a completely unrelated genre while retaining the feel of the previous titles.

If anything, I think we should be happy, because I'm sure AE's success was a great motivator for those guys, and I am sure DR3 is now under development.

I know that they're already working on DR3, I just need to know when.

Soon, hopefully:

Yuichiro Saito (Spike Chunsoft)
Known for: Danganronpa series, Conception series

“We should be able to announce some new titles that’ll really get people pumped up, so look forward to seeing more on that front as time goes on. But don’t think we’re handling it like some ride. When this stuff hits you, it’s going to hit hard and it’s going to be great!”

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/japanese...kingdom-hearts-iii-pokken#rkf2feYTivV9jijm.99

But I don't expect a release until 2016 at least.

Like I said in the other thread, I did find it interesting, but not too worrisome. I might just have too much faith, but I think working on Ultra Despair Girls was actually good for the team and helped give them more ideas for VNs.

Fuck today is Friday already. I need to go pick up The Order before my classes start. Reviews didn't seem to be too hot, but it's not like that has ever stopped me from playing and loving a game.

I'll share my thoughts on it with any fellow PS4 bros on here. One thing is for sure, the game looks gorgeous, even on YouTube, I wanna see how much technology this game has in its gut ehe.

Fuck today is Friday already. I need to go pick up The Order before my classes start. Reviews didn't seem to be too hot, but it's not like that has ever stopped me from playing and loving a game.

I'll share my thoughts on it with any fellow PS4 bros on here. One thing is for sure, the game looks gorgeous, even on YouTube, I wanna see how much technology this game has in its gut ehe.

It seriously looks like one of the most gorgeous games yet. I'm saving for other things, but I'll probably bite when this starts going on sale. I'm sure you'll have fun, looking forward to your impressions.

It seriously looks like one of the most gorgeous games yet. I'm saving for other things, but I'll probably bite when this starts going on sale. I'm sure you'll have fun, looking forward to your impressions.

Yup, I traded some older stuff in anyway, so the price on it wasn't too bad either. I'm basically buying it to see the technology more than the gameplay, kinda like I did for Infamous Second Son and I loved that game too. People said that the Order isn't too long, and is fairly straight forward so for me this is perfect, I still have a week of midterms left so this will probably be my "weekend flick", something I play from start to finish in 2 or so days.

Tizoc

which tier did u fund at? and RIP Vita stretch goal.

shmup would be perfect but oh well

I haven't yet, but $15 for PC ver. sounds slick. I sadly can't pay for much atm as I want to clear my credit cards first which I can't do until Sunday over here =X

Zhao_Yun

I think my Vita might have a technical issue with the touchscreen :(
I recently noticed that when I play games which require the use of the touchpad (like Dragon's Crown or Project Diva f), it sometimes starts to get "stuck". When I did the diva room mini game in PDF 2nd for example in which you have to swipe in certain directions, the game refused to detect my inputs. At first I thought that it was an issue with the game, but when I went out of the game I noticed that I couldn't use swipes to navigate the Vita UI anymore. Everytime I try to swipe, it kinda moves slowly but fails to transition completely. I think the problem is that the screen still thinks that I am pressing the screen at a certain position and therefore refuses to detect my other swipes. In Dragon's Crown for example the cursor stays at its position on the screen all the time although I am not using the touchscreen at all. Turning the Vita off and on again, resolves this issue temporarily but once I have to use the touchpad a lot again, it starts coming up again. :(
Has anyone else here experienced this issue? Since most Vita games don't require the touchpad, it's not too bad but it's very annoying nevertheless.

redcrayon

I think my Vita might have a technical issue with the touchscreen :(
I recently noticed that when I play games which require the use of the touchpad (like Dragon's Crown or Project Diva f), it sometimes starts to get "stuck". When I did the diva room mini game in PDF 2nd for example in which you have to swipe in certain directions, the game refused to detect my inputs. At first I thought that it was an issue with the game, but when I went out of the game I noticed that I couldn't use swipes to navigate the Vita UI anymore. Everytime I try to swipe, it kinda moves slowly but fails to transition completely. I think the problem is that the screen still thinks that I am pressing the screen at a certain position and therefore refuses to detect my other swipes. In Dragon's Crown for example the cursor stays at its position on the screen all the time although I am not using the touchscreen at all. Turning the Vita off and on again, resolves this issue temporarily but once I have to use the touchpad a lot again, it starts coming up again. :(
Has anyone else here experienced this issue? Since most Vita games don't require the touchpad, it's not too bad but it's very annoying nevertheless.
I realise this might well be wrong, but every time I've had an issue with Vita games not controlling correctly, not registering inputs or registering them without me wanting it to, it has been because my fingers were resting on the rear touch pad, which bizarrely seems mapped to be a button even in games that don't need any more buttons. I had it during the first five minutes of Suikoden, where I was pressing the rear touch pad (mapped to 'cancel') and the 'talk to' button at the same time, meaning it didn't register an input at all.

Zhao_Yun

I realise this might well be wrong, but every time I've had an issue with Vita games not controlling correctly, not registering inputs or registering them without me wanting it to, it has been because my fingers were resting on the rear touch pad, which bizarrely seems mapped to be a button even in games that don't need any more buttons. I had it during the first five minutes of Suikoden, where I was pressing the rear touch pad (mapped to 'cancel') and the 'talk to' button at the same time, meaning it didn't register an input at all.

I though about that as well, but I tested it with the Vita laying on my desk and it still didn't respond :(

Massa

I though about that as well, but I tested it with the Vita laying on my desk and it still didn't respond :(

Try turning the Vita off completely, that fixes most touch screen functionality issues.

Edit: sorry, I missed that on your post. Are you playing it with the Vita plugged in? That seems to cause issues too.

Tizoc

I wish we would make ann. threads when 5, 10, etc. years have passed upon something's release. It's much much more sensible that way.
You know like how I used to do it :V

SerTapTap

Yeah this is the first I've heard of anniversary threads being discouraged, but if a mod said no *shrug*. Couldn't be worse than that "earthbound is a terrible game" thread though

Top Bottom