• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

eFKac

I know Death Mode is controversial and all but I didn't hate it. After replaying a level for a while you get better to a point where you feel like you could have beaten most of the past patterns that seemed impossible to you as they happened. It was satisfying, in a weird way.

Ohh fuck the death mode...

Still stuck with 4 levels, haven't touched the game in months, probably won't ever get that damn 100%.

Ohh TOTP. speaking of Sound Shapes, buy it if you haven't already maybe wait for a sale, apart from the Death Mode, it's a great game. Also buy Thomas was Alone, very neat game, currently on sale on PSN in EU, support good indies!

Shizuka

Alright I bought Danganronpa

image.php

You did good, man.

RK128

Hello VitaGaf. Been lurking around these boards for a few months but just started posting in the last day or so.

I picked up a Vita last fall as something to remote play my PS4 and for the PS+ games I was acquiring. I scoffed then at the folks who said they played it more than other console they owned. But now.... I understand. I laughed at the people who said get a 64 GB card and purchased a 32 GB instead. But now... I understand.

To those who kept suggesting the Ys series: Thank you. I picked up Ys Oath back during the one PSN sale and it was my first experience with the franchise. I enjoyed it thoroughly from beginning to end (though I might have said differently to folks while I was playing the Gildias section...).

To those who kept suggesting Persona 4 Golden: Thank you, I think. I am about 10 hours down the TV-shaped rabbit hole that is P4G and having a blast. But my other games are getting neglected as a result and my one friend worries about me as I try to explain it to him ("Trust me, it works.").

Though my life does not allow for the intense consumption of games like others, I look forward to contributing my little part to the discussion and continue hearing what everyone else has to say.

Welcome to Vita Gaf my friend, where we recommend games to people and have fun conversations about future Vita and PlayStation games :D. I became a member here a good year ago and I am so happy to be part of a great community; got so many fantastic games from other Gaffers recommendations and it was Vita Gaf that push me well before I became a member here to get a Vita.

If you never got this yet, pick up Tearaway and Sonic Transformed if you never got them; the former is a fantastic adventure platformer while the later is one of the best kart racers on the platform.

Hello VitaGaf. Been lurking around these boards for a few months but just started posting in the last day or so.

I picked up a Vita last fall as something to remote play my PS4 and for the PS+ games I was acquiring. I scoffed then at the folks who said they played it more than other console they owned. But now.... I understand. I laughed at the people who said get a 64 GB card and purchased a 32 GB instead. But now... I understand.

To those who kept suggesting the Ys series: Thank you. I picked up Ys Oath back during the one PSN sale and it was my first experience with the franchise. I enjoyed it thoroughly from beginning to end (though I might have said differently to folks while I was playing the Gildias section...).

To those who kept suggesting Persona 4 Golden: Thank you, I think. I am about 10 hours down the TV-shaped rabbit hole that is P4G and having a blast. But my other games are getting neglected as a result and my one friend worries about me as I try to explain it to him ("Trust me, it works.").

Though my life does not allow for the intense consumption of games like others, I look forward to contributing my little part to the discussion and continue hearing what everyone else has to say.

Welcome lurker, glad we were helpful! Now, lemme tell you about how after Persona 4, you should play Persona 3, and how you are gonna love it too :)

... Also, pausing taking multiple SECONDS to come up so you can retry is crazy infuriating. More games need quick restart features.

I agree. It drives me nuts when games don't offer quick restart. Age of Zombies is a great example of this, solid game, but the complete lack of restart function is absolutely terrible.

Velocity 2X on the other hand did it right by implementing a L+R quick restart.

Anybody have Shinobido 2 and get it working in PSTV? Every list I look at has it compatible for NA but my copy doesn't work. Needless to say I'm a little upset.

SerTapTap

I agree. It drives me nuts when games don't offer quick restart. Age of Zombies is a great example of this, solid game, but the complete lack of restart function is absolutely terrible.

Velocity 2X on the other hand did it right by implementing a L+R quick restart.

Velocity 2X should be required playing for anyone making a score/time attack game. Great controls, options and UI that minimize anything that isn't playing the level you want to play

Welcome! I recommend subscribing to PS+ sometime before the next IGC update on March 3 so that you'll be able to play Transistor and Rogue Legacy once you get your new PS4.

Thanks man! Way ahead of you, I subbed in January so I could get First Light free, I love the Infamous games. Also, If anyone itt plays PvZ, TLOU, AC:U, I'm totally looking for people to play with since most of my friends are still on 360.

It's recognizing the region of your game, not the region of your system, as far as I'm aware. So yes, it'd work.

Fuck. Can anybody confirm this? I'm pretty tempted to do it.

Edit: looked it up. Apparently other people have done it and it worked. Time to look into it.

autoduelist

Try turning the Vita off completely, that fixes most touch screen functionality issues.

Edit: sorry, I missed that on your post. Are you playing it with the Vita plugged in? That seems to cause issues too.

The only time I have had issues with my vita touchscreen have been because:

1) The game required lots of rubbing*, which warmed up the screen considerably, which then caused the game to stop working correctly.

2) I had to spit shine**a small streak off the touch screen because I had no other way to clean it at my disposal, and afterwards it stopped working.

Both times, turning on and off fixed it (for #1, I waited for it to cool down).

Don't judge me.

Stop judging me.

I always end loving the Vita some more.

I disliked every Killzone, but Mercenary is so damn good. It reminds me a little about Crysis 2, which is a game I loved back in 2011.

And on the good indie side, damn, i got caught by Rogue Legacy. Never thought it was this fun to just try one more time to see where I end up. Finally kill the first boss after many, many generations of knights.

Early impressions for The Order:

1 word describes this game so far, and that is ambitious. I have never seen graphics like this on my TV screen, seriously. Textures? They are great, polished, they actually have a "feel" to them. And the cloth physics? Oh god the cloth physics. Shit's on point. Never have I seen cloth tissue behave this realistically in a game, it looks phenomenal. Animations are superb, and the motion capture is great in this. A lot of detail has been pored into the character models, the way they move, shoot, heck, even the way they talk and the expressions they make are so human-like.

Now on to the gameplay. So far, it feels like your standard third person shooter. Weapon handling actually feels quite different from other games, which make the character some kind of super soldier that has no issues dealing with recoil. When you aim, your sights move, and your reticle, although smaller, still makes it tough to aim making for a semi- realistic feel for the weapons. The levels themselves are pretty straightforward, In no way is there freedom of movement like in other titles, in which you are given a bunch of alternate paths to carry on your mission. There is only one path to follow in this game.

My negatives to the game so far would probably be the QTEs. They are surely there, you won't go without seeing them for 10mins lol. I'm still on chapter 5 or 6 if I remember correctly, so there will most likely be some more surprises for me until the end.

Omerta

It must be the weather, but I don't follow what you're saying.

:)

Let me be clear: you can use a ds4 AND a vita for remote play.

There is a way to do it... A fairly convoluted way but I do it all the time.

I've posted instructions here before... If anyone wants me to repost them, I'd be happy to.

bobawesome

:)

Let me be clear: you can use a ds4 AND a vita for remote play.

There is a way to do it... A fairly convoluted way but I do it all the time.

I've posted instructions here before... If anyone wants me to repost them, I'd be happy to.

gendo.jpg

I, for one, am interested but too lazy to look up the instructions myself.

Tohsaka

My Playstation TV can't arrive soon enough, I want to give Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta and Toukiden another try.

PSTV gets a lot of shit from people, but I really like mine. I guess it helps that I already played pretty much every good game that's not compatible before it released.

Producer

UNiEL is a good fighting game though im sure most people interested in it already imported it months ago.

Still , at least they priced it good.

RK128

I could've sworn the devs decided to drop the "Just the Tip" subtitle.

I'll try and pick up Revelations 2. I'm not really seeing the issues everyone has with it.

From the little I've saw of the game, it seems to be a mix of these two things:
-The partner character is quite vile (curses all the time from the gameplay video I saw)
-The gameplay is more focused on RE6-themed mechanics instead of Revelations-themed ones (odd as they could of just ported-over the WiiU/360/PS3 Revelations Engine into Revelations 2 :l....)

The former....I can easily see become an issue but the latter seems to be inoffensive, as while the game was very 'meh', the core gameplay of Resident Evil 6 looks quite fun (looked like a fun combat system :D; just overrun with QTE's and strict level design).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really dug Revelations and think its one of their better total efforts since 4. Some bits of RER2 I don't like but I'm sure I'll get it when its ultra cheap.

bobawesome

From the little I've saw of the game, it seems to be a mix of these two things:
-The partner character is quite vile (curses all the time from the gameplay video I saw)
-The gameplay is more focused on RE6-themed mechanics instead of Revelations-themed ones (odd as they could of just ported-over the WiiU/360/PS3 Revelations Engine into Revelations 2 :l....)

The former....I can easily see become an issue but the latter seems to be inoffensive, as while the game was very 'meh', the core gameplay of Resident Evil 6 looks quite fun (looked like a fun combat system :D; just overrun with QTE's and strict level design).

Oh, that's disappointing if they're not using the Revelations 1 engine. I've only seen Raid footage and assumed it would be an extension of that. I know a lot of people like the way Resident Evil 6 plays once everything clicks into place but I never really had that "lightbulb" moment.

Thanks for the reply.

bobohoro

UNiEL is a good fighting game though im sure most people interested in it already imported it months ago.

I was kinda interesting in jumping in, but MH4U won't let me and by the time I get back, it's probably already dead again online. And I still need to git gud at Ultimax. And just bought KOFXIII on steam. Meh. DBFC shall be my great entry in the online scene of fighting games!

Producer

I was kinda interesting in jumping in, but MH4U won't let me and by the time I get back, it's probably already dead again online. And I still need to git gud at Ultimax. And just bought KOFXIII on steam. Meh. DBFC shall be my great entry in the online scene of fighting games!

man i just got my n3ds today but too broke to get mh4u lol. I have some amazon credit but its out of stock..oh well, the demo will have to do for now...

KoF13 is awesome, the netcode should be better than the trash online on consoles. That game takes alot of execution though, i have been playing it for about 2 years and i'm still a scrub lol. I actually am looking forward to DFC, gonna be wrecking shit with misaka and
kirino

Maid

Banned

It is. The game has different kind of air dashing and footing due to everyone's range of attack is huge which brings the fresh air to the game. I just wish it's also on the PS4 since my PS3 died already.

Omerta

gendo.jpg

I, for one, am interested but too lazy to look up the instructions myself.

Ok! *quoted from earlier - for context, you need a dummy psn account*

Basically, once you've got your dummy account set up (needs to be a known account on your ps4 too), it's pretty easy.

- turn off your vita and take out your memory card.
- turn it back on, got to settings, select format and restore this system... Make sure you select "yes" everytime - basically letting the vita know that you're deactiviting your account from the vita.
- let it do its thing, watch that video again!
- set the vita up for your dummy account
- turn your ps4 on and switch user to your dummy account - hold the ps button on the ds4
- go to settings, remote play, connect device and connect your dummy account vita with your dummy account ps4.
- remote play activates.
- hold the ps button on your ds4 and switch user to your main, trophy-getting account.
- you're good... Remote play on your vita with a ds4!

I made a cradle to stand the vita on and I absolutely love this feature.

When you want to set your vita up again...

- go to settings, format, restore system, deactivate (just like before)...
- vita loads up, video again!
- enter your normal details as your ps user info
- set the vita up (wifi etc)
- pop your memory card back in - vita will restart.
- all your bubbles should still be there but they won't be organised and you'll have lost your backgrounds... This annoyed me at first but now I'm using themes so I just download the crystal theme, move the bubbles to whatever page I want and I'm set.

It sounds like a lot but now I've run through the process a couple of times, I've got a routine. I'm not too technical a person and I find it easy.

Just got my PS+ back. Now I am having a hard time figuring out what to play. Any ideas guys? So far I have Hitman, First Light, Yakuza 4 or Thief.

Top Bottom