• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

anddo0

I think I screwed up.

I purchased Wolfenstein: The New Order. The problem is I meant to get the PS4 version, but purchased the PS3 version instead.

If I call Sony will they allow me to get the PS4 version?

Can't wait for Disgaea 5 and Dangan Ronpa horror thingy. NISA gets all the money in the fall.

Seriously great line up for fall. The wait will be killer, but at least it gives my wallet a break for a bit. Ready for it to be June so I can get my LE preorder in for Dangaonronpa (will wait and see what the LE is for Disgaea 5).

I think I screwed up.

I purchased Wolfenstein: The New Order. The problem is I meant to get the PS4 version, but purchased the PS3 version instead.

I would certainly try, but you might not have much luck with that.

SerTapTap

I think I screwed up.

Never know until you try. I always start with their web chat thing, I hate talking on the phone. I found them to be very responsive and helpful but haven't had this issue in particular

Omerta

I bought a Nyko Smart Clip that connects the Vita to a mobile phone (or in this case: my vita) for remote play using the multi account-ds4 to vita work-a-round.

It's crazy that more people aren't doing this. If I was sony, I'd be releasing a firmware update to legitimately allow you to use your ds4 with your vita... It shouldn't be this hard.

They're literally leaving money on the table.

Tizoc

I think I screwed up.

Contact Sony and hope they'll give you a refund =X

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I think I screwed up.

If you do it right away and be completely honest they should. As I did the same thing with Dragon Age Inquisition and they helped get me a refund. Would also highly suggest against playing the game too.

Though whats important to take note of is your refund will take a few business days to clear and be reversed. Its just how the system is. So if you want the game now you will have to re-add funds to your wallet in the mean time.

Shizuka

I bought a Nyko Smart Clip that connects the Vita to a mobile phone (or in this case: my vita) for remote play using the multi account-ds4 to vita work-a-round.

It's crazy that more people aren't doing this. If I was sony, I'd be releasing a firmware update to legitimately allow you to use your ds4 with your vita... It shouldn't be this hard.

It must be the weather, but I don't follow what you're saying.

maouvin

So much this. The DS4 works so nicely with my z3c, it'd be the best thing ever if it paired with the Vita too.
They'd have to limit it to remote play and games that are fully playable without touch controls, of course.

SerTapTap

So much this. The DS4 works so nicely with my z3c, it'd be the best thing ever if it paired with the Vita too.
They'd have to limit it to remote play and games that are fully playable without touch controls, of course.

Eh why limit? People can just reach and touch the Vita. Blacklists are silly when the alternative is right there. Not sure if any hardware changes in the PS TV actually change how it can handle input though. But DS4 on Vita would be fantabulous.

anddo0

Seriously great line up for fall. The wait will be killer, but at least it gives my wallet a break for a bit. Ready for it to be June so I can get my LE preorder in for Dangaonronpa (will wait and see what the LE is for Disgaea 5).

I would certainly try, but you might not have much luck with that.

Never know until you try. I always start with their web chat thing, I hate talking on the phone. I found them to be very responsive and helpful but haven't had this issue in particular

Contact Sony and hope they'll give you a refund =X

If you do it right away and be completely honest they should. As I did the same thing with Dragon Age Inquisition and they helped get me a refund. Would also highly suggest against playing the game too.

Though whats important to take note of is your refund will take a few business days to clear and be reversed. Its just how the system is. So if you want the game now you will have to re-add funds to your wallet in the mean time.

Chatting with them now. The agent suggested that I purchase the correct version.
He also put in a refund request for the PS3 version.

This never happens to me. I was multitasking and added the wrong game to the cart.

Zhao_Yun

Try turning the Vita off completely, that fixes most touch screen functionality issues.

Edit: sorry, I missed that on your post. Are you playing it with the Vita plugged in? That seems to cause issues too.

No, I normally don't play it when plugged in.
I guess I'll have to monitor this in the next few weeks. If it's getting worse I'll probably have to call Sony CS :(

maouvin

Eh why limit? People can just reach and touch the Vita. Blacklists are silly when the alternative is right there. Not sure if any hardware changes in the PS TV actually change how it can handle input though. But DS4 on Vita would be fantabulous.

Actually I was more concerned about the backtouch, since the official clip for the DS4 holds the phone by its back, and I believe the Nyko one covers the back too.
But reaching the front touch would be doable indeed - more for action that require sliding the finger and such, as single presses could be remapped to shoulder/analog/touchpad buttons.

PSTV has that simulated touch thing too, but I don't know if it works well enough.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Actually I was more concerned about the backtouch, since the official clip for the DS4 holds the phone by its back, and I believe the Nyko one covers the back too.
But reaching the front touch would be doable indeed - more for action that require sliding the finger and such, as single presses could be remapped to shoulder/analog/touchpad buttons.

PSTV has that simulated touch thing too, but I don't know if it works well enough.

if you use a DS4 with a PSTV, using the touchpad as a front screen replacement is completely fine. So good that it makes the entire idea of a whitelist annoying because lots of games that need some touch would be very playable. Only a very few that are reliant on fast accurate touches may be an issue.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's been stated before by someone from the Danganronpa team, that they didn't know where to go after DR2. They showed they can make a game from another genre and still feel like a Danganronpa game. I know that they're already working on DR3, I just need to know when.

They didn't really know where to go after Danganronpa 1 as far as I'm concerned playing 2!

SerTapTap

if you use a DS4 with a PSTV, using the touchpad as a front screen replacement is completely fine. So good that it makes the entire idea of a whitelist annoying because lots of games that need some touch would be very playable. Only a very few that are reliant on fast accurate touches may be an issue.

It's pretty good, but not perfect. Also many games seem to only accept one touch until you stop using the touchpad--I think that must be a bug. Super annoying in some games, other games don't have that problem at all. No idea what's up with it.

But the whitelist isn't only for touch. Monster Monpiece is certified for PS TV and it still requires touch for some minor things. But the Gyro and camera can't be used at all, so Murasaki Baby and Metrico are impossible. I wish they'd let us use the gyro though, I'm sure the DS4 is good enough. And the amount of games requiring the camera or mic are pretty minimal. In any event a "play at your own risk" option would really make the most sense.

antibolo

Banned
It's pretty good, but not perfect. Also many games seem to only accept one touch until you stop using the touchpad--I think that must be a bug. Super annoying in some games, other games don't have that problem at all. No idea what's up with it.

But the whitelist isn't only for touch. Monster Monpiece is certified for PS TV and it still requires touch for some minor things. But the Gyro and camera can't be used at all, so Murasaki Baby and Metrico are impossible. I wish they'd let us use the gyro though, I'm sure the DS4 is good enough. And the amount of games requiring the camera or mic are pretty minimal. In any event a "play at your own risk" option would really make the most sense.

Lack of gyro on PSTV is dumb considering how remote play on the Vita does support gyro, surprisingly enough. I tried Blue Estate through remote play and it's pretty silly but it actually works (firing button is bound to the rear touch though, ugh).

SerTapTap

Lack of gyro on PSTV is dumb considering how remote play on the Vita does support gyro, surprisingly enough. I tried Blue Estate through remote play and it's pretty silly but it actually works (firing button is bound to the rear touch though, ugh).
I kind of assume some of the problems are due to supporting the DS3 as well--DS3 doesn't have the touchpad and has a worse gyro. but since the DS4 is already more functional I don't know why they don't just enable gyro only for DS4. Sucks to see a fantastic idea implemented so inconsistently.

ZeroAKA

Hey everyone! first post in this thread, finally getting my hands on a PS4 next month and thought I'd get involved in the community thread.
Welcome! I recommend subscribing to PS+ sometime before the next IGC update on March 3 so that you'll be able to play Transistor and Rogue Legacy once you get your new PS4.

SerTapTap

Gyro aiming is fantastic and curse last gen and the resultant motion hatred. PS4's gyro is fantastic and any FPS on the system should really have gyro aiming. So good in Killzone Mercenary, Wind Waker HD (though in the latter it needs to "reset" too often)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Agh, why can't the promotion be "spend 99 dollars"? I've spent $99.89 to reach this, and I've only got 42 cents left. If I'm to add any more money with my card, I have to add $5 minimum. Stupid stupid stupid...

Right now I'd be willing to buy a random addon for a game I don't own.

edit:

I'm reinstalling PlayStation Home now, goddamn it. I'm going to buy the cheapest pos furniture I can find for a soon-to-be-defunct social game just to hit this stupid threshold.

edit edit:

The PS home stores are all closed. :|

antibolo

Banned
Agh, why can't the promotion be "spend 99 dollars"? I've spent $99.89 to reach this, and I've only got 42 cents left. If I'm to add any more money with my card, I have to add $5 minimum. Stupid stupid stupid...

Right now I'd be willing to buy a random addon for a game I don't own.

Some avatars are 49 cents, I think.

antibolo

Banned
Only one week to buy $100 of content is just stupid and unrealistic.

Their "spend X get Y" offers are getting worse and worse over time.

SerTapTap

Yeah I don't like this format. Basically requires you to preorder/buy two $60 games. That's something I...really just don't do, not digital. And if I did I would wait for release (so no preorder) or buy at release (so I wouldn't have multiple $60 games waiting to buy). I prefered their "top off your wallet and get 15% extra" sort of thing.

IMO just add the $5 and buy a 50 cent avatar. Unless you're literally never ever again going to buy a single thing from PSN you're just pushing a future transaction to the present, not a big deal. Don't pick the Histoire icon though I have dibs

-Digits-

Vitabros, I finally bought Soul Sacrifice Delta. In order to transfer my savegame from the original I have to have both installed I assume?

eFKac

Ehh this one is pretty unexpected though, I mean there was one not long ago.
Before it was more of an annual thing, and some people will still take advantage of it.

It's better that you got such a deal at all, even if it's pretty short, we're yet to get something like that in EU.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Chatting with them now. The agent suggested that I purchase the correct version.
He also put in a refund request for the PS3 version.

This never happens to me. I was multitasking and added the wrong game to the cart.

Yeah we all fuck up sometimes so dont worry about it. The main thing is that you got it squared away and have a refund incoming.

My mistake was done when I was doing the purchase through the website and didnt pay attention to the platform as just clicked on whatever window was up first for the title.

incpdo

Guys i need help. Which of the shin megami games should i get from the sale. I have all persona games so i have to choose between digital dévil saga, nocturne and devil summoner. Can you tell me which is the better one and why?

Guys i need help. Which of the shin megami games should i get from the sale. I have all persona games so i have to choose between digital débil saga, nocturne and devil summoner. Can you tell me which is the better one and why?

Nocurne is my recommendation. It's a classic SMT title so it's a bit more hardcore and dungeon-crawly, but it's an amazing game.
Devil summoner is an action-RPG spinoff which shares the demons and fusion elements and DDS is a more standard RPG with more focus on story than Nocturne. Both are fine, but not as good as Nocturne.

incpdo

Nocurne is my recommendation. It's a classic SMT title so it's a bit more hardcore and dungeon-crawly, but it's an amazing game.
Devil summoner is an action-RPG spinoff which shares the demons and fusion elements and DDS is a more standard RPG with more focus on story than Nocturne. Both are fine, but not as good as Nocturne.
Thanks for the recommendations! Ill get nocturne then.

Producer

Thanks for the recommendations! Ill get nocturne then.

A bit late on this but i also recommend Nocturne. One of the best smt games made, it has an amazing soundtrack and its battle system is awesome.

One tip i will give is that buffs/debuffs are much more important here than say persona. They also function differently. Read up on the manual

SerTapTap

I have no idea how anyone can get the plat for Sound Shapes, I can't beat those death modes ):

Most of the levels "click" after a while and aren't really that hard, though luck is an extreme factor in some of them--especially the short ones. I still have 3 left after whittling them down over like a year. Extremely frustrating, amazing how contrary Death Mode is to the core of the game as well. Not sure what they were thinking. Sound Shapes is a super chill beautiful game with cool tunes and all I can think of when I read the name is Death Mode.

antibolo

Banned
I know Death Mode is controversial and all but I didn't hate it. After replaying a level for a while you get better to a point where you feel like you could have beaten most of the past patterns that seemed impossible to you as they happened. It was satisfying, in a weird way.

Also might as well repost this
Bmp5yxNCcAAEXbJ.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think I screwed up.

I did that with LBP3 and Sony were very good about it. Although it took a few days to get the refund, so I actually had to put more money on my PSN account to buy the PS4 version, and then $60 arrived in my account about 5 days later

SerTapTap

Some of the Death Mode levels are pretty fun, but the ones I'm stuck on feel really terrible. The "loop around the two asteroids" one in Deadmau5 is extremely luck based, and the 4 laser-mouth thingies Deadmau5 level is just really hard and frustrating. I'm long since past all the actually fun or interesting ones. Also, pausing taking multiple SECONDS to come up so you can retry is crazy infuriating. More games need quick restart features.

I emailed IFI about press access. IIRC NISA totally ignored me so I don't have high hopes but whatevs.

VLiberty

Kick and Fennick is surprisingly good but some levels are...eh. 4-10(the endlessrunneresque/qte level) is bad.

Brandish is less of an RPG and more of an Adventure/Dungeon Crawler.
Ys is really an Action RPG game, grinding for EXP should only be done if a boss is giving you trouble, but usually one or two levels are enough to survive better against a boss.

If you want good gameplay, look no further than Falcom, and in addition to that their games are the only ones in YEARS that made me feel like a total badass.
Their games effin' deliver, so why not take a chance, give Brandish a try, it'll be a gaming experience you may never have experienced before.

You might have sold me, I just need the money

Hello VitaGaf. Been lurking around these boards for a few months but just started posting in the last day or so.

I picked up a Vita last fall as something to remote play my PS4 and for the PS+ games I was acquiring. I scoffed then at the folks who said they played it more than other console they owned. But now.... I understand. I laughed at the people who said get a 64 GB card and purchased a 32 GB instead. But now... I understand.

To those who kept suggesting the Ys series: Thank you. I picked up Ys Oath back during the one PSN sale and it was my first experience with the franchise. I enjoyed it thoroughly from beginning to end (though I might have said differently to folks while I was playing the Gildias section...).

To those who kept suggesting Persona 4 Golden: Thank you, I think. I am about 10 hours down the TV-shaped rabbit hole that is P4G and having a blast. But my other games are getting neglected as a result and my one friend worries about me as I try to explain it to him ("Trust me, it works.").

Though my life does not allow for the intense consumption of games like others, I look forward to contributing my little part to the discussion and continue hearing what everyone else has to say.

Top Bottom