• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Tizoc

The Order 1886 is OK in my book.

I figured if I enjoyed Lost Planet 3 for its story with its servicable combat and gameplay system, then surely The Order can't be any worse.
...but I'm picking it up on a sale...or by getting it from my local shop so I can trade it in later >_>;

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I love how the premise for Neptunia U is "the CPUs were bored, so here's a game"

The game is pretty damned awesome though. Dengekiko is the best character due to her special

8.png

Misaka_Mikoto_Railgun.gif

I have a question about Soul Sacrifice. I'm going to start playing it today to see if I like it so I can decide if I should buy Delta or not.

Can I pretty much play through all of the main game of vanilla and then upgrade to Delta at some later point or is it a good idea to play the entire game in the Delta version if I like it? I don't have much experience with "hunting" games and their upgraded versions.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm helping a fellow gaffer with the Italian localization of a Wiiu game, i'm both proud and a little sad i'm not working on a Vita game lol.
Should i ask for money?
Maybe i should start localizing games lol!

Maid

Banned
I have a question about Soul Sacrifice. I'm going to start playing it today to see if I like it so I can decide if I should buy Delta or not.

Can I pretty much play through all of the main game of vanilla and then upgrade to Delta at some later point or is it a good idea to play the entire game in the Delta version if I like it? I don't have much experience with "hunting" games and their upgraded versions.

You will have to start the game from scratch anyway, since it's like a completely new game (1.5 version, actually) with new quest lines, aside from the main story, and the only thing carried over are your obtained spells, level, sigils.

However you could just play it for awhile to see if you like it or not.

[edit]
Was mistaking about the level. You will start from level 1 in Delta regardless if you have old save or not.

anddo0

I'd say go with Delta, no need to play SS.

SSD contains the entire original game. Also if you did play SS, your level doesn't transfer over (you keep All raiments and colors, Blackrites, certain offerings you choose, Lacrima, Essences). SSD will give you XXL rumors to lvl up XP faster.. But, again, if you're new to SS, get SSD instead.

You will have to start the game from scratch anyway, since it's like a completely new game (1.5 version, actually) with new quest lines, aside from the main story, and the only thing carried over are your obtained spells, level, sigils.

However you could just play it for awhile to see if you like it or not.

I'd say go with Delta, no need to play SS.

SSD contains the entire original game. Also if you did play SS, your level doesn't transfer over (you keep All raiments and colors, Blackrites, certain offerings you choose, Lacrima, Essences). SSD will give you XXL rumors to lvl up XP faster.. But, again, if you're new to SS, get SSD instead.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I'll play SS (since I have it from Plus) for a few hours and then get Delta if I like it enough.

eFKac

I'm helping a fellow gaffer with the Italian localization of a Wiiu game, i'm both proud and a little sad i'm not working on a Vita game lol.
Should i ask for money?

Unless you agreed to do it for free, or you know it's basically a fan project, little indie game and creator/s don't have much budget, you should absolutely be compensated for your work and effort.
You should ask for it at the start of the localisation, not surprise them at the end.

Congrats though, that's very cool!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Unless you agreed to do it for free, or you know it's basically a fan project, little indie game and creator/s don't have much budget, you should absolutely be compensated for your work and effort.
You should ask for it at the start of the localisation, not surprise them at the end.

Congrats though, that's very cool!

I was only jocking about the payment, it's somewhat fun, it's my first experience and the text is not much, so i never had the intention to be paid, but i want my name in the credits! XD

Should i ask for money?

That's pretty cool, if this fellow gaffer needs help for a french localization, I can help.

Shinriji

I know I'm a bit late to throw my reaction into the ring but...really? That's ridiculous.

I can imagine the sort of posting such a thread would engender, though.

I'm not happy, but anyone could see it coming miles away. Not that the vita owners have many things to celebrate either.

Parakeetman

Neptunia U is Parakeetman approved? Sold.

Its a decent "musou" type of game anyways. I still need to get further into it, but with so many other things I need to take care of had not had time to go back to it.

All of the characters are pretty great. Am a bit let down that Famitsu's moveset kinda sucks. As like her as a character thats why.

Some characters are better than others moveset wise too but thats expected.

Blanc is hilarious OP when it comes to crowd control with that spinning move she does with her axe. Good fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI8I2VFlVQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c2iZp1RYrU#t=878
*If this direct time link doesnt work skip to 14:30 to see Dengekiko in action. If you can keep her super gauge constantly going that railgun move she has is hilarious strong causing you to be able to pull off some pretty high combos, the range on it is pretty insane too.

Granted its a different genre, had more fun with this title than the Noire SRPG.

Tapejara

Anyone else getting Hyperdevotion Noire next week?

I am! But it's going to go on the backlog until I can catch up on the other Neptunia games sitting on my shelf. As much as I claim to enjoy the series, the only game I've beaten/platinum'd is the original PS3 game.

Won't kill my hype each time a new game is announced, though!

SerTapTap

Both Noire and Firefly Diary should be here Monday for me

Apparently Axiom Verge's release date is being revealed next week. We're still at press preview 3 of 5 so either it's not coming THAT soon or they abandoned/messed up the drip-feed preview thingy

The game is pretty damned awesome though. Dengekiko is the best character due to her special

Playable dengeki lass? Sweet

bobohoro

man i just got my n3ds today but too broke to get mh4u lol. I have some amazon credit but its out of stock..oh well, the demo will have to do for now...

KoF13 is awesome, the netcode should be better than the trash online on consoles. That game takes alot of execution though, i have been playing it for about 2 years and i'm still a scrub lol. I actually am looking forward to DFC, gonna be wrecking shit with misaka and
kirino

Yeah KoF is harsh on my sloppy execution, but it will be worthwile to clean that up, will probably help in the future. It also has some damn nice sprite work and animation going on. Haven't tested online yet, as it seems there aren't many european folks around to play with, but I only checked in twice for a short amount of time.

But yeah, MH4U has priority over pretty much anything gaming related. And it will be tough balancing hunting and working on my thesis going forward. :O

Its a decent "musou" type of game anyways.

Welcome to my long list of games I will purchase sometime in the future, Neptunia U.

GWSb9z3.jpg

Q*Bert Rebooted on Vita is hitchy and slow to load. It is playable but it is not the most exciting game anyway. It takes forever in the adventure mode to get semi-interesting. The classic version doesn't seem like it is the original arcade port. The PS3 version that came out at launch is a much better port of the game despite its leaderboards no longer working. I would recommend skipping it unless you are a super Qbert fan.

I'm playing Jak & Daxter trilogy on Vita and the games are awesome; hardly any slowdown sofar.... It's not as good as Sly trilogy, but not that far of.

Weird because alot of complains were made about this trilogy.

Haven't played much so far, but Soul Sacrifice is pretty interesting.
Very unique setting and presentation, and it doesn't really explain anything to you, at least at first I guess. It's just "Some guy wants to eat you, here's a talking book. Now there's some enemies and you got magic, go!" It's all very immediate and pretty cool so far. Much more accessible than MonHun.

ZeroCoin

Alright guys...I need to add at least $17 more to get the promo credit. How does Freedom Wars stack up to Soul Sacrifice? I'm tempted to pick up SSD, but I'd rather get a different game than an expanded version of a game I already own. Any other suggestions that are flying under my radar?

Tizoc

^GET BRANDISH! It's $20 =3

YO
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tormentum-dark-sorrow
We totally need this on dat OLED, time to #BUILDTHELIST

Third person shooter that had puzzle in it. Gameplay apparently had issues, but people still ended up liking the game.

Sounds good, most 3rd person shooters can't do anything besides have you kill hordes of enemies anyways, so making a game like that but with some puzzles is always a nice fresh approach. To be fair though I can't remember many TPS games that had puzzles, aside from FPS games (Portal, etc.)

RK128

I'm playing Jak & Daxter trilogy on Vita and the games are awesome; hardly any slowdown sofar.... It's not as good as Sly trilogy, but not that far of.

I have a question, did you ever play the original PS2 versions or the PS3 Collection prior to playing the Vita Collection? Because if you didn't play those versions in the past, you are experiencing a 60FPS game running at a mostly consistent 20FPS on the Vita :l.

I never played the Vita Collection (though I plan on doing so at some point...), but everything I heard is the following:
-Jak 1 runs at a locked 20FPS ala OoT/MM with frame-rate drops in Sandover Village; the game runs better as you progress
-Jak 2 has bad slow down when exploring the city, but in loading-areas or small areas, the game runs a smooth 30FPS
-Jak 3 suffers the worst reportedly; many areas of the game run under 20FPS and it can reach in the tens if you are doing to much.

The games look great on Vita however and Jak 1 controls well (considering you do not need L2/R2/L3/R3 in the game). The important thing is that you are having fun with the games, and that's great :D; Jak 1 is one of the best platformers out there and Jak 3 is a personal favorite for me :).

If you never played these games on PS3 or PS2 before, please consider getting the PS3 Collection or the PS2 originals; they run fantastically and with the higher frame-rate, you have a much more enjoyable games on your hand :).

Hope this helps you :).

Khronico

I jumped into Suikoden 2 about 4 days ago and MAN am I glad I got to this game. Story so far is much more interesting than the first (it was decent but pretty standard stuff), A surprising amount of errors in the translation though (lack of capitalization in certain menus, weird awkward sentences in some spots). A lot of the minor annoyances in the first are fixed in 2 (like how you always had to have a dedicated party member with the holy rune just to be be able to run). I'm 4 hrs in and plan to play all the way through.

I've also started a veteran playthrough of the KZ Mercs campaign. IMO it's the best campaign in the series bar none, the level design allows for so many different ways to approach encounters. It's a must buy if you have a Vita and like shooters.

Parakeetman

please tell me it's actually a railgun

Pretty much is you see her flipping up a coin and everything.

They can do it also since the parent company of Dengeki = Ascii Media Works = Kadokawa that owns the license to the Railgun series.

It would have been even better if the VA was the same but unfortunately it is not. D:

Vylash

Pretty much is you see her flipping up a coin and everything.

They can do it also since the parent company of Dengeki = Ascii Media Works = Kadokawa that owns the license to the Railgun series.

It would have been even better if the VA was the same but unfortunately it is not. D:

yessssssssssss, hype as hell to finally play as Dengeki after they've teased me with her for so long

VLiberty

Well, the first game actually hasn't slowdown issues...problem is that it runs at a very low framerate.

Jak 2 and 3 on the other hand are a frame dropfest

I jumped into Suikoden 2 about 4 days ago and MAN am I glad I got to this game. Story so far is much more interesting than the first (it was decent but pretty standard stuff), A surprising amount of errors in the translation though (lack of capitalization in certain menus, weird awkward sentences in some spots). A lot of the minor annoyances in the first are fixed in 2 (like how you always had to have a dedicated party member with the holy rune just to be be able to run). I'm 4 hrs in and plan to play all the way through.

I've also started a veteran playthrough of the KZ Mercs campaign. IMO it's the best campaign in the series bar none, the level design allows for so many different ways to approach encounters. It's a must buy if you have a Vita and like shooters.

re: Sui2 translation: I can't recall the exact situation, but I believe the translators (only 2 of them IIRC on the whole project) were just given raw text without any notes or context. So all considered, the localization is decent.

Nightbird

Just wanted to drop by, to tell you all how much i love this Tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKgZHUo3ZMk

With Tearaway i just finished my first PS Vita Game a few Minutes ago, and i'm in Love. I'm going to attempt a second walkthrough, and after that i'm going to try to collect all Throphies.

I love the Artstyle, the Music, everything. It didn't even bother me that the Game had almost no Combat, as this was not what kept me hooked. I really want to discover the whole World of Tearaway, and now i'm sad that there are not a lot of people who bought this Game :(

Now, i'll try to finish Danganronpa before Persona 4 arrives on Tuesday ^^

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm getting back in to Catherine again. Fucking hell I love this game. This game needs a Vita port. And a spiritual successor. Perhaps called Caitlyn. No, Alex. One being a male Alex and the other being female. The main character has to struggle and come to terms with his sexuality. You're welcome Atlus.

Shizuka

Haven't played much so far, but Soul Sacrifice is pretty interesting.
Very unique setting and presentation, and it doesn't really explain anything to you, at least at first I guess. It's just "Some guy wants to eat you, here's a talking book. Now there's some enemies and you got magic, go!" It's all very immediate and pretty cool so far. Much more accessible than MonHun.

Are you playing vanilla? If so, would like to play a couple of multiplayer matches with me sometime?

I'm getting back in to Catherine again. Fucking hell I love this game. This game needs a Vita port. And a spiritual successor. Perhaps called Caitlyn. No, Alex. One being a male Alex and the other being female. The main character has to struggle and come to terms with his sexuality. You're welcome Atlus.

yesyesyesyeyseyseyseyseyseysyesyeyseyseyseysyesyeyeeyeysyesyeyseyses

Khronico

re: Sui2 translation: I can't recall the exact situation, but I believe the translators (only 2 of them IIRC on the whole project) were just given raw text without any notes or context. So all considered, the localization is decent.

Jeez, that puts things into perspective.

Bowl0l

Do we have a thread to list down items removed from PSN?
I noticed New Little King's Story Season Pass has been removed from NA PSN.

Finished the Order. Never knew EB had a full refund policy for 3 days on opened games... Gonna return this and put the money towards Type-0, making it essentially a free game. Demos are free after all ;)

Amen.

There was a season pass...? In any case it's gone from the webstore so it's gone for good.
But there's still a bunch of DLC left on the US store,
in Europe there are none.

Here's a Ultimate Pass in the US
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...pass/cid=UP0101-PCSE00066_00-NLKSDL0000000000

Here's the list of DLC in UK (that you can't find with search because Sony)
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...=EP0101-PCSB00109_00-NEWKINGSSTORY058:ADD-ONS
Are you playing vanilla? If so, would like to play a couple of multiplayer matches with me sometime?
Sure. Let me get a bit further into it and learn the ropes and ask me again mid to end of next week. I'm interested in trying it out.

Top Bottom