• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Yes. If you dont grind some of the bosses will beat the shit out of you.

Also battles take way longer than the standard neptunia games.

There really is nothing you can do to take advantage of the game system as this is an SRPG to beat stuff quicker or things you are not supposed to as its for the most part a highly stats based game. Therefore if your character(s) is not up to level they will get stomped.

Where as in the rebirth games you can open up the higher lv dungeons scrape by and kill shit there till you over level so much that you pretty much blow past any story stuff. Its a lot faster than actually trying to progress normally and why they added those into the game.
Agh grinding... Okay thanks for this, I'm gonna cancel it for now and wait for impressions on here.

Happy 3rd birthday, Vita!
No Vita anniversary thread, right?
*whisper*Happy day of birth Vita*whisper*

It's a F2P version of Mecho Wars, which was a very mediocre Advance Wars clone for mobile. It might be worth trying out, but I didn't like the original at all.

I second that. Don't get your hopes up.

Picked up TWAU and TWD S2, starting with Walking Dead, since I haven't played that one yet.

deadfolk

Lttp, but I'm loving The Order. I knew exactly what I was getting going into it. RAD made the game they wanted to make. Not everyone wants that game, and that's fine.

eFKac

Happy birthday Vita!
if only you had more games that interest me...

Limbo stealth PS4 port this week? No reason to expect it to be cross buy, right? I have the Vita version which was not cross buy with the PS3 versio.

Shizuka

Favorite Vita games by year:

First year (Feb 2012 - Jan 2013):

204444_front.jpg

Second year (Feb 2013 - Jan 2014):

Third year (Feb 2014 - Jan 2015):

Anticipating fourth year (Feb 2015 - Jan 2016):

autoduelist

What exactly is the difference between Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends and Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires?

Are they completely different games? Different styles?

RE: PS4 games...

I don't know, I'm buried in fantastic games on my PS4. Absolutely buried. I already have enough to keep me occupied for at least a year, and there are so many new games on the horizon... I realize everyone has different tastes, but to act like the output so far is crap is hyperbole.

What exactly is the difference between Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends and Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires?

Are they completely different games? Different styles?

Xtreme Legends focuses on story and battles, Empires replaces the story with a turn based strategy game. Think Risk, but with musou battles instead of dice rolling.

I'm stuck in a hotel due to the weather here near dallas for the next 2 days so I need to buy some shit

Ive narrowed down my last $60 on PSN to either:

1. Preordering Mortal Kombat X on ps4
2. Hatsune Miku 1 and Freedom Wars
3. Senran Kagura and Soul Sacrifice Delta, with some dlc to make up the rest for the spend 100 bonus
4. something else people recommend ( I have all DanganRonpas and Personas and Demon Gaze)

is Soul Sacrifice Delta worth paying for if I didn't touch the original? I OWN the original still and can play that right now if i should just do that.

is Bon Appetit a real game

edit: i also dont know shit about hyperdimension neptunias but theres a lot of them?

autoduelist

Xtreme Legends focuses on story and battles, Empires replaces the story with a turn based strategy game. Think Risk, but with musou battles instead of dice rolling.

Oh. Hmmmm. I really like the sound of that.

Where does Dynasty Warriors Next (vita) fall into that range? It sort of had an overworld game -- is the turn based strategy game more involved that that? (Sorry, that's my main reference point)

Shizuka

I'm stuck in a hotel due to the weather here near dallas for the next 2 days so I need to buy some shit

3. Senran Kagura and Soul Sacrifice Delta, with some dlc to make up the rest for the spend 100 bonus
4. something else people recommend ( I have all DanganRonpas and Personas and Demon Gaze)

is Soul Sacrifice Delta worth paying for if I didn't touch the original? I OWN the original still and can play that right now if i should just do that.

edit: i also dont know shit about hyperdimension neptunias but theres a lot of them?

I would buy Soul Sacrifice Delta, specially since it's still less than 20 bucks and you'll get a ton of content.

Tizoc

I must be the only one who's excited for that PSX Classic :/

Get Brandish for $20~

Producer

There is a demo for Project Diva f so you can try out. Its a good game that i'd recommend.

Shinovi Versus is also good. I spent $50 for the physical LE and don't regret it. You'll probably enjoy it more if you played Burst.

You already have vanilla Soul Sacrifice so try that game out first, since the gameplay is largely the same.

Yes Bon Appetit is a real game but its mostly for fans for the series, since the rhythm gameplay itself isn't anything amazing. Pretty easy.

I'd recommend Ys Memories of Celceta if you don't have it yet, its $20.

I must be the only one who's excited for that PSX Classic :/

Get Brandish for $20~

i watched some gameplay of this and I dont think it's for me.

There is a demo for Project Diva f so you can try out. Its a good game that i'd recommend.

Shinovi Versus is also good. I spent $50 for the physical LE and don't regret it. You'll probably enjoy it more if you played Burst.

You already have vanilla Soul Sacrifice so try that game out first, since the gameplay is largely the same.

Yes Bon Appetit is a real game but its mostly for fans for the series, since the rhythm gameplay itself isn't anything amazing. Pretty easy.

I'd recommend Ys Memories of Celceta if you don't have it yet, its $20.

I played the Diva demo back near release and remember liking it

I'm playing SV through gamefly right now and I like it enough to probably buy it. I also feel like its gonna go on sale for like 15 bucks next week if I buy it right now

already have Ys too

So I mentioned yesterday that I was gonna do the whole 3-day return thing at EB games with The Order. I can confirm that it is true, with a golden card you have 3 days to return a closed or open product and put the money you paid for it towards something else. Today I got myself FF Type-0 for free essentially.

Rising Star Games was promising years ago, specially by publishing games in North America with the help of Aksys. Now, I think they're mostly scraps of what's left.

Originally I was told it would be releasing day and date with the Japanese version, then it released and their website quietly changed to January - then I talk to someone who tells me February, and then it gets bumped to late Feb on Twitter and now not until March unless they slip it in last minute.

Bad form.

Tizoc

i watched some gameplay of this and I dont think it's for me.

I played the Diva demo back near release and remember liking it

I'm playing SV through gamefly right now and I like it enough to probably buy it. I also feel like its gonna go on sale for like 15 bucks next week if I buy it right now

already have Ys too

Shame, it's by Falcom who made Ys and it's a neat adventure/dungeon crawler game. Regardless hope you enjoy your other picks =3

SerTapTap

Say, do we know why NISA removed the "Super" from Dangan Ronpa 2's title? The game is still full of video game references and NISA has released plenty of games with obscure references all over (Disgaea, Neptunia before IFI), I can't see why they'd remove the innocuous Super from the title that made it sound like an SNES sequel. That still works fine in the US/West...

Ordered the Noire game.Although I liked the characters and interactions in Rebirth, I didn't like the grindiness and difficulty spikes in it... Will this game have any of that?

Rebirth 1 is the only game of the series I've played with those spikes/required grind. Haven't played this yet but I haven't heard of it being an issue. Rebirth 2 and the original Victory/3 certainly don't have the difficulty spikes either BTW. Rebirth is good but it has a few things that make it actually a pretty bad first impression. I mean...still way better than the original first impression, but it's still a bit below where it should be in terms of balance and localization, and missing a few niceties of Victory as well (getting characters early, NG+ optional instead of forced).

Noire's gameplay is basically unrelated anyway though. Sting did it. Not that they're immune to difficulty spikes (cough gulcasa cough)

Since we are all doing this, why not.

2012:

2013:

2014:

2015:
:'( Could be this but Bamco is playing... http://www.playincstore.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/GE2RBPSV.jpg

Rebirth 1 is the only game of the series I've played with those spikes/required grind. Haven't played this yet but I haven't heard of it being an issue. Rebirth 2 and the original Victory/3 certainly don't have the difficulty spikes either BTW. Rebirth is good but it has a few things that make it actually a pretty bad first impression. I mean...still way better than the original first impression, but it's still a bit below where it should be in terms of balance and localization, and missing a few niceties of Victory as well (getting characters early, NG+ optional instead of forced).

Noire's gameplay is basically unrelated anyway though. Sting did it. Not that they're immune to difficulty spikes (cough gulcasa cough)

Man I feel so conflicted now... I might just end up getting it anyway lol.

Vylash

people being so excited for Operation Abyss makes me wish it was any type of game other than what it is so i can enjoy it

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Since we are all doing this, why not.

2012:

2013:

2014:

2015:
:'( Could be this but Bamco is playing... http://www.playincstore.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/GE2RBPSV.jpg

Man I feel so conflicted now... I might just end up getting it anyway lol.

The game is quite possibly the most uninspired work done by Sting also. Its why I didnt even bother beating it the shit was that boring. Damned shame since the script and characters are the usual enjoyable Neptunia stuff.

The game is quite possibly the most uninspired work done by Sting also. Its why I didnt even bother beating it the shit was that boring. Damned shame since the script and characters are the usual enjoyable Neptunia stuff.

That's my problem with Neptunia in general to be honest. The characters are so endearing, the dialog is so funny, but the gameplay just leaves a lot ot be desired for me

antibolo

Banned
That's my problem with Neptunia in general to be honest. The characters are so endearing, the dialog is so funny, but the gameplay just leaves a lot ot be desired for me

That's why I'm looking forward to Neptunia U, a Tamsoft brawler with the Neptunia IP sounds like something I can get into.

quabba

people being so excited for Operation Abyss makes me wish it was any type of game other than what it is so i can enjoy it

I feel this way about hunting games which isnt great for a vita owner... That said I really should give the genre a proper shot... which um... might be with MH4U.

Actually I have Soul Sacrifice and God Eater through plus...

Hmm, I can get down with this favourite game per year business. Though I'm a little saddened that I'm the only person throwing in two of these games (and a little shocked that no-one else has an indie game to list anywhere!):

First year (Feb 2012 - Jan 2013):

(Honorable mention to LittleBigPlanet)

Second year (Feb 2013 - Jan 2014):

(Honorable mention to Tearaway)

Third year (Feb 2014 - Jan 2015):

(Honorable mention to Ys: Memories of Celceta)

Fourth year looks to be between DanganRonpa: Another Episode and Hotline Miami 2, but I never know when some other game is going to come and blow me away.

That's why I'm looking forward to Neptunia U, a Tamsoft brawler with the Neptunia IP sounds like something I can get into.

Yeah Parakeet's impressions on this one seemed pretty positive too.

I feel this way about hunting games which isnt great for a vita owner... That said I really should give the genre a proper shot... which um... might be with MH4U.

Actually I have Soul Sacrifice and God Eater through plus...

As a fan of the genre, MH4U is the best game you could buy to get into it. It guides you through it, the community here and on Reddit is super helpful, there's even apps that you can use with databases full of stuff that you normally would take hours to figure out... Where to find X item? type it on the search bar, and there you go, it tells you where it will drop.

I find it weird to see some people posting Persona 4 Golden as a second-year favorite. I take you're all europeans, right?

In Europe, they get the short end of the stick really. It sucks, thank god for places like VGP that export stuff from here to people everywhere for cheap (the fact that I have a VGP 10mins away from my place, I wanna go there and greet these fine folks), and the Vita being region free obviously helps too!

Takao

Banned
Wait, both Danganronpa and Danganronpa 2 were released in 2014? How come?

We got the series a little late. Danganronpa originally debuted on PSP in 2010 in Japan with the sequel on the same platform in 2012. In 2013, both PSP games were ported to Vita in a collection. That collection was then split back up into the individual games for western release in 2014.

AsfaeksBR

Because NISA is that awesome.
We got the series a little late. Danganronpa originally debuted on PSP in 2010 in Japan with the sequel on the same platform in 2012. In 2013, both PSP games were ported to Vita in a collection. That collection was then split back up into the individual games for western release in 2014.

Ok, thanks. I really want to play it, but I still don't know if I'll get a PSV or a N3DS first.
Shizuka knows my struggle

Top Bottom